Old 08-02-2004, 08:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Chit Chat #65

HI and WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies Chit Chat!

We are a very warm, friendly and fun group of ladies who talk about everything. We also provide encouragement and support in our walk toward a healthier lifestyle, as well as in our every day lives.

So...grab a cup of coffee, diet coke, etc. pull up a chair and join us!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #2  
my dad made me1 from wood

Hey guys hope u all are having a wonderful day. Will post later. heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #3  

Hello girls--

I thought I would take this time to do some individuals!! So here it goes....

Angie--If you had a girl I can just picture how adorable she would be!! And colorful!! My family is waiting for some boys. Me and both my sisters had girls....1 with one sis, and 3 with the other sis......and it just continues with my cousins!! We do have a few boys....and I mean a few....I think maybe 3 altogether??? Not a lot. The other men in the family are married into it!

Shanna--Weight loss secrets?? I don't have any!! I did however go over books that were loaned to me, WW, Dr. Phil, Atkins (I own that one) and South Beach diet. I have discovered that there are four things that they all have in common.....
1. Exercise
2. Drink your water!!
3. Don't go hungry
4. Portion control

Now if I can go by that, I should make a difference. What do you think? Am I missing something? Or am I just assuming this?? (that question is for anyone!)

Jana--I may just make a surprise visit....keep you on your toes!! I hope you have a wonderful visit with Mary.

Cristi--Come back soon!

Rk--Wow girl!! 2lbs. gone forever!! I'm happy for you!!!!!

TJ--Glad everything went normal at the behavioral management....I think a change in weather really does affect people. Sometimes the rain can really bog me down....and then other times it just perks me up......I must be strange....

Jen--Come back when you're cat allows it!!

Hello to anyone I have missed!!

Well I have to say that I'm tired of feeling like I need to be on a diet. I hate that word. And I always tell people to not use it!! So what's my problem...I'm not sure..TOM is just around the corner, so I must be feeling a little self-pity going on. I have been really doing a great job at making my portions that I eat an actual portion. I don't weigh my food like I used to, but I do keep an eye on how much I eat. I've been drinking water so much better lately. Makes a huge difference when you don't make a pitcher of lemonade or juice...and don't have soda sitting in the fridge. I should put a huge sign that says nothing but water allowed for drinks in this fridge!! Then I can add that to my "what's on your fridge" post!!

Jhanai's dad is picking her up later tonight. And the rest of the week I feel like I have so much to do!! I have a meeting tomorrow, and then I need to take the cat back to the vet, and I have an interview on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed that I impress them!!

Now....what to wear to that interview?????? Must go through my closet. Heck with that.....An interview is a great excuse for shopping!!!!

Ok girls, I must go out to chat with my DD....she's playing a video game.

You all take care

Marti
Old 08-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #4  

Hi Heather!!! We posted a min. apart!! Come back when you have more time.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:48 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

RosieKate - YAY for you losing 2 more pounds!!! Feels so good, doesn't it? Yep, your 1/2 way point is getting awfully close! Wow, I bet you really are anxious about the allergy your son has! That is really severe. My niece has to have an epipen thingy for a bee sting.

Marti - well, you know we all wish you good luck at the interview. Have you decided what to wear? Gonna get something new? Your weight loss list looks good to me. But I do weigh/measure stuff. It is amazing how much I can be off if I don't. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Plus, I don't cook much more than what the fam will eat right then. No leftovers to tempt me!

Cristi - you mentioned weighing in today ... be careful weighing in so soon after starting WW. I have found that if you weigh early, it can actually register a gain, or no loss at all. Hope that doesn't come across as know-it-all (cuz I don't ), but just want you to be careful, and keep your spirits up. That's one reason I weigh only on my scheduled wi day (Saturdays) anymore. I can get real cranky after being POP and showing a gain or maintain on an earlier day.

Hi to TJ, Susan, Shanna, KatieCat, Angie, Jen, Heather and the others... Sally, did you get lost??

Had a nice visit with Mary. She's not only my daughter, she's my buddy, too. The heat is getting unbearable again here in Indiana and I feel lethargic when that happens... yuk.

See you tomorrow!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #6  

Well, now the kitten's grandmother is on my lap, but I think she's harmless. Should be safe! Uncle Runty is babysitting for me right now.

Jana - I'm with you, this heat is exhausting. Tomorrow we are supposed to have storms and golf ball sized hail. Lovely.

Marti - Yep, I think you definately need something new to wear to your interview. My boyfriend always tells me that I don't need to starve myself to lose weight, just make alot of small changes. That's my new plan. May take longer, but if it works, it's better than what I was (or wasn't) doing before.

Rosiekate - Congrats on your 2 lb loss. Fabulous.

I managed to do fairly well with the food today. Snuck in a couple hershey kisses at work, well, only 3. And I actually did about 40 minutes of my new yoga dvd tonight. If I can manage to pull my butt out of bed in the am, I would like to do something before work, a short walk, weights, something. I suppose that depends on if I get paged tonight. I'm on-call this week again. UGH.

Well, gonna go watch the rest of love or $.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:19 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

Have a few minutes so thought I would post.

Rosie~congrats on the 2 lb. loss!

Jana~I only weigh once a week, never in between. Just I joined WW online Friday and thought I was going to have to go with that day to WI. The weight I recorded was from last Monday's WI. But wanted to stick with my Monday WI. I didn't really try to lose this past week until I joined so...this week will definitely be a better week and show a bigger loss. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it. Glad you had a nice time with Mary.

EDITED: Forgot to add, I actually did good today. Stayed OP and within points, also got in a 2 mile walk. I don't feel hungry either. Before I usually felt like I didn't get enough food, but today was fine. I think because I drank a lot of water. So, I am off to a good start! Yay for me!

Marti~senting some good vibes and luck your way for the interview Thursday. : Sounds like an excellent excuse to go shopping!

Jen~would love to get some rain again! It is getting hot again after the cool weekend we had and I am not looking forward to it. The heat index today was 106! YUCK!

TJ~glad everything went well with the behavioral lady. And I definitely agree that a change in the weather affects people.

Hi to everyone else.

I am going to start yet another book and hit the hay early. Finally finished the one I started saturday, very good book by Mary Higgins Clark, love her. For some reason I am on a reading kick, even V noticed. Of course last night he asked what that book was about and I told him a murder mystery, he said he didn't like the sound of that! I have been reading too many of those lately!

Well, it has been a long day for me, on top of it I have a cold and I am pooped. So till tomorrow...I bid you adieu.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-02-2004 at 10:55 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello all,
Cristi, I am going to go take a look at the WW site,,,I was telling Becky about how you joined on line,,,she said she did a few years ago, shes so far lost 80 lbs. Infact Iw as talking about you at work today,,,lol Im trying to remember what it was about...lol My brain is like a sieve some days.
Jana, Becky said she has been eating them choc wafer with cool whipe for a bit, she told me about lite icecream lite coolwhip, pb, ww mouse or ff choc pudding. blend, pour into 9x13 pan then freeze...you cut into 12 pieces and each piece is 3 points. She said she cut them smaller for 1 point pieces and they are perfect for a snack.
Marti, yay shopping! Break a leg on the interview
Angelika and I went and saw Stepford Wives,,,we laughed,,,cause we are soooo not a stepford wife!
I don't have any books to read,,,any good ones that is...need to make a trip to the library....
well Im gonna call it a early night
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:01 AM   #9  

good tuesday morning ladies,

got up at 530 and did my exercises. yay!!! and, ive decided im not going to weigh anymore. i was talking to a friend last night and she pointed out that most of the time when i fall of the diet wagon, its because i dont see the amount on the scales decreasing quickly enough. shes right. so i am hiding the scales and will go by the way my clothing fits. i know im doing well with food, water, and exercise so, why should i let a mechanical device upset or discourage me????

any way....
Christi-bravo on staying op and getting exercise that is wonderful!!!!! keep up the good work.

Marti- good luck at job interview. got my fingers crossed.

Jen- if you get hail the size of golf balls pls let us know. i think hail is just so weird. have you seen the movie the seventh sign with demi moore??? everytime we get hail i think of it.

Hello to everyone i missed. have a great day and ill try to check in tonight.

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:14 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning JLs,

Jen - all of our fruits and veggies have hail damage already... don't need any more, lol. One side of all the tomatoes are scarred as though they have had a bad case of acne! Good for you doing the yoga. That's supposed to be very relaxing. Is it? Seems like a lot of celebrities do yoga.

Cristi - Yay for the one pound down!!! I just noticed it in your signature. Glad you are liking WW. Have you heard yet what the changes are for the next year? They are supposed to announce them sometime this month.

Angie - thanks for the dessert recipe! Sounds rich and yummy. Just how I like my men, lol. Are you thinking of joining WW too? The rest of us WWers here would love that! No, I can't even picture you as a Stepford Wife... and I'm not one, either. The thought makes me giggle. By the way, remember the photo of yourself you sent to me awhile back? Well, when I tried to print it, it was huge and I only got a portion of your face. Can you scale it down and resend it?

TJ
- I know several people who don't weigh in. Most scales aren't accurate anyway, imho.

Susan - git your little buns in here, missy.

Hi to the others.

My house is a lot cleaner (you can stop by now, Marti ) I used the Magic Sponge on the refrigerator and the dishwasher where it gets all yucky. Love that thing!

Today - going to try real hard to get the ironing done. I just love the cool cotton clothes, but not so crazy about ironing it all. Also want to pick some more blackberries. Last time I really got a good workout pulling out bunches and bunches of morning glories that had tried to take over the berries.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Angie~so that's why my ears were burning...hope it was all good! I do like WW online, it's pretty cool and definitely think it is a good idea to at least check it out. You can get their free newsletters which have a lot of info also if you don't join. So did you like Step-Ford Wives?? DD and I went to see it and thought it was funny. I too am NOT a step-ford wife!

Jana~thanks! Haven't heard about the new changes as of yet but it sure is the talk of the forum-everyone is curious about the changes, as am I. But no one is saying anything yet. Kind of liking the flex points. But it can't be to different-hopefully. I'll let ya know when I find out, unless you hear before I do. LOL

TJ~thanks! I think we all feel that way or have at some point or at least I do. I usually fail because I want those fast results like now! But have since learned I need to be patient. I know some people weigh in everyday and I couldn never do that, it would frustrate me so bad. But I try to weigh in once a week. Of course there are those who weigh in only once a month and use their clothes as the big test. So I think the key is you have to do what works for you. You seem to be doing a great job with your exercise and all.

RK~how's the fort coming along?

Hi to everyone else, Marti, Jen, Shanna, Katie, Kathy, Sue, Susan, Heather-hope I didn't miss anyone!

Not a whole lot going on today with me. Getting the grass watered (soaked good) early as it is supposed to be another HOT one! So pretty much staying indoors. Gotta get some cleaning done, and a load or two of laundry. Going with V to the foot doc later when he gets off work and will probably go out to dinner after. Don't worry ladies-I intend to stay OP! I am not going to mess it up this time. This weight is going to come off if it kills me! Okay that may be a bit extreme but I think you get the jest of it. Plus I have those flex points even though I am not sure I want to use them as yet. I am going to try and see if I can go a week without dipping into them. Going to get in a walk on the treadmill and a bike ride since it is too hot. Not sure of the temp but the air came on this morning about 6:30, it was warm when I left the house at 7:40. Started taking DD out to drive yesterday. I told her she needs to get her license soon and everyday this week I am making her drive for no less than 30 minutes. So we did that this morning, otherwise I would have gone for a walk then. Anyhoo...take care ladies and have a great day! See ya
Old 08-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Very hot here in the mid-west. I am not venturing outdoors for yard work at all. Had to wait until 8 p.m. to walk last night and still was soaked through when I came in. But then I think YES, I did it!! Just hope I can keep it up.
We are going out to lunch today with some in-laws. I didn't want to skip breakfast so just had some melon. I am hoping for soup and salad for lunch, but we will see if I can resist temptation.

suetalks *good day all*
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #13  

Good morning ladies--

Thank you all for the fingers crossed on the interview Thursday!! I hate going into interviews. They just make me feel so unintelligent because I get so nervous!!!

Jana--As for what I'm going to wear, I believe I'm going to find a blouse that will stay buttoned! (oh wouldn't that be a nightmare!!!) Also, I'm not a dress person for interviews, the big tattoo on my leg just doesn't look impressive! So it's some kind of dress pants and a blouse.

Jen--Your boyfriend is right, starving yourself isn't the way to lose the weight, you must never feel hungry. (and lately I haven't been!) Trying to eat something every 2-3hrs. is a challenge for me sometimes, but I'm trying. I'm really trying to take a different approach on the losing weight!!

Cristi--You taking your DD out to drive reminded me of my dream the other night....I had a dream that I was teaching Jhanai to drive (at 10) and OMG I was a nervouse wreck when I woke up. Now why would I dream that??? You know for years I would dream about driving and how I would do once I got my license (didn't get it until I was 28!) I bet your dd is better at it than I am!!

Angie--Do you want to come shopping with me?? You seem to always go so I may need your expertise to finding a good outfit for the interview AND something that I will still wear when it's over!! Any suggestions?? The interview is on Thursday!!

Tj--Instead of the scale, why don't you measure yourself. I think it's a lot easier to tell if you're making a difference. Plus....you don't feel the urge to measure everyday!! (it take more time to measure) But I agree with you, not seeing the scale budge can really make a person halt thier efforts.

Sue--Hi there Sue!! I know you can do it!! We are here for you cheering you on...although, you're brave with walking in heat if you came home soaking! That's too hot and can be too dangerous so please be careful!!

And a good morning to RosieKate, Shanna, Susan, Kathy, Kayecee, Heather, & Katie!! and to anyone I may have missed!!

Well I got a nice surprise this morning.....around 5:30 or 6 I woke up to James getting into bed. That's always nice. I slept a little longer with him. Finally got up around 8:30.....Glad to see him home!!

Today I have to run up to Eugene and talk to my advisor. She is the woman who I was working with when I was on unemployment and who helped me go to school last year. And now, even though I'm no longer going to school, or on umemployment, she is still trying to help me until I get a job and says that she has enough money in my account to help pay for this months rent!! Now how nice is that?? That'll save me $500......enough to go shopping!! Just kidding!!!!

I better get going. You all have a great day and I will try to pop in later on tonight!

Marti
Old 08-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Back again!!! But just for a sec.

Hi Sue~have a nice OP lunch with in-laws. And I give you lots of credit for walking in this heat! ICK!! Be careful in this heat. We are supposed to hit 101 I think it was today. I just stay inside for the most part unless I absolutely need to go out. Thank goodness for AC!

Marti~I thought of you this morning because as I was adding my exercise and food for the day on WW I saw that wood stacking is listed as exercise! Along with ax chopping! Just found that kind of odd to see ax chopping. Anyway, it also lists the usual housework and such. Even though I have known this I never do include things like housework, vacuuming, even doing laundry. How nice to wake up to James getting in bed with you. About DD driving, not so sure about that (doing better than you). She is just so not interested in driving at all. Sometimes she does great and then other times she will do good one day and then the next not so good. Not terrible, but not as good as the day before.

Jana~read online that the changes will start August 22. From what I read it looks like they are keeping the Flex program but adding another and you will have the choice of either. Now I am curious...why would they keep two? And how is that going to work at meetings and online? Hmmm...guess I will find out soon enough.

Anyway, while there did my points tracker. You can either go with their menu or do your own and it keeps track of your points, flex, exercise & daily which I love. I have been doing my whole day in the morning. Less of a chance of changing my mind if I plan it and print it out. Anyway, a little disappointed that I am having to dip in my flex points, and it is only Tuesday but only 2 so that is not so bad. Will try not to dip into much more for the rest of the week. I may go back later and plan the rest of the week out. I am looking forward to Monday's WI! I am jazzed because I KNOW there will be a loss.

Okay, I am outta here for now ladies, need to get busy. See ya.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-03-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:13 PM   #15  
RosieKate

Good morning all
Just dropped off DS at fencing camp, so I need to try to be productive while he's out of the way, hee hee. Speaking of peanuts - the talk of allergy got me off my butt and I ordered his back-to-school epipens and medical bracelets. An annual tradition - right up there with school supplies. You know, if I think about it too much I could lose alot of sleep over his allergy, but we are raising him to be real responsible for himself. So we just cross our fingers and just help him to have the best life possible. I know people who don't allow their peanut allergic kids go on playdates or go to birthday parties. I decided long ago that that was for the birds. So he goes, but we constantly have discussions about not sharing food and asking all the time about peanuts in any of the food.

Thank you all for the good thoughts on my loss last week, I checked out TLS' website suggestion( she suggested it on the "not a good" thread, think its called room42.com) and if I keep up my current program I should make goal by my 40th birthday. I will be happy if I am close to it...

Cristi - I'm kind of curious about the WW changes. People do seem to get real caught up in it all. If it involves an improvement in nutrition,then fine. I get skeptical if it's just a tweak that's designed to get people to run right out and buy all new materials...I'm with you on the flex points..it is much easier to use than I had previously thought, so I'm sticking with it. Stay cool. We just had a littel heat wave here and i was miserable. Oregon is not supposed to get this hot! this week is much more comfortable.

Jana - I never iron. This time of year, I dry my clothes on the line. If something needs to look less rumpled, I stick it in the dryer for 5 minutes, then either put it on imeediately or hang it up...it works, but not if you need creases in your slacks. Also doesn't work for dress shirts. Fortunately no one around here has to dress up like that.

Marti - fingers are crossed for your interview - good luck!

Hi to everyone else....need to get going so I can get this laundry done...
RK