100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh In August 2- August 8

tolose85
08-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone!

Wow, what a week of great losses we had last week. You all are doing so great!

I am happy to report a 1 lb loss this week.. Maybe... just maybe.. I'm crackin' that plateau? We'll see! I'm gonna keep pluggin along!

I can't wait to see how you did!

faded_moon
08-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey thats great that u r getting off the plateau.

I am pleased to say i stepped on the scale today and weigh 193. Which means i lsot another lb. just 3 lbs away from my first goal.... I can do it. i know i can.

lessofsarahtolove
08-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Gretchen!!! :cb: :cp: :spin: :hat: :flow2: :yes: :cheers: I am so happy that you broke through that pesky little plateau!!!! Yeah, baby!!!! :cheer:

Faded Moon, great job on that pound and getting one step closer to meeting your first goal! I know how exciting and motivating that is, and am sincerely happy for you.........keep it up, girl -- you're almost there! :hyper:

djs06
08-01-2004, 10:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GRETCHEN!!! So glad you got off the plateau!

And elle, congrats too :)

I'm weighing in on Wednesday. My goal is to not get on the scale until then. We'll see how that goes, LOL

Scuttle
08-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Okie doke, I'm down another 1/2 pound. I had a pretty flawless week all in all so I'm wondering if I'm maybe eating too few calories. I don't think I'm hitting my 1600 calorie objective all that consistently. Maybe I'll try adding a bit more or, eh, I dunno. Keep plugging, I guess.

tolose85
08-02-2004, 08:08 AM
I don't know for SURE... if I'm totally off the plateau.. It's only a pound and since my body has been fluctuating so much between 160-165 I may have just caught the scale at the right time.. SO I am not going to get toooo excited yet, although that was a bit of a boost yesterday! Thanks for the congratulations, I appreciate it!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

lessofsarahtolove
08-02-2004, 09:42 AM
:crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: (Toes, knees, and boobs too :eek: ...JUST for the record!)

Jennifer, I think you're doing a GREAT job, and you're getting there -- the emphasis should be placed on the FLAWLESS WEEK, not the half pound.....just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get there. By all means, keep learning about the process and your body, but really, you're doing just great. Keep making goal-based decisions, and the results will follow. :)

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Congrats to all the loozas! Ive been off plan for about 2 weeks now, hence the reason I've kind of been in hiding. So this AM after reading Sarahs post about her wonderful achievement, I decided to jump back on. I just weighed, and actually havnt gained anything, so I must not have been as bad as I thought! (I had been exercising alot though.)So today, I'm going stay under 25 WW points, drink 10 big glasses of water, and take Abby for a walk this afternoon. If after all that I still feel up to it, I want to do pilates tonight. So, thats the plan. Im taking this return one day at a time, slowley but surley I will get this weight off! Thanks for listining! :yes:

Merrick
08-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Congrats to all, great job, what accomplishments flying off on this thread. :) :cb :cb :)

Thank you, I love list site, this keeps me so accountable throughout my day :^: I am even thinking about leaving work early to go home and do an exercise tape before I pick up my son & his friend from camp. I would love to talk a walk on the beach but the humidity is too high, makes it hard to breathe, never mind walk and breathe. Please have a wonderful day,be proud of all you have done and continue to do. :bravo:
I am starting with my first weigh in:
Start: Aug. 2, 2004

258/258/230/140
SW/CW/GL1/GW

START: Aug. 2, 2004
Goal 1: 230
Goal 2: 200
Goal 3: 175

lessofsarahtolove
08-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Amy Jo, you sweetheart, I am SO happy to hear that you're getting back on plan. Now do you see why it's so good to keep coming back here?? I can completely understand wanting to hide out when you've gotten off the path you set for yourself, but then you end up losing access to the motivation, support and inspiration which exist here! I know with complete certainty that coming here DAILY and getting access to all that good energy has helped me in ways that I can't quantify. Only the loss is quantifiable, and it comes from the focus that the people here help me to maintain.

So welcome back to the fold, little bird! :angel: PLEASE let me know if you ever need anything at all -- someone to vent to, bounce ideas off of, get a reassuring word from.....whatever! I know without a doubt that you can achieve anything, once you make up your mind. So enough farting, and get cracking! I'm serious, Amy Jo, I'm here for you anytime you need. :)

Great job on that "no gain" business, by the way! See? You can't help yourself! You are SO bound for success, it's not even funny.... ;)

tolose85
08-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey Amy Jo! No gain.. That's great news! I am so happy to hear that you are back on plan! You can do it! Isn't it exciting to be on this journey?

faded_moon
08-02-2004, 02:24 PM
hey amy jo congrads ony our no gain :) u can do it

Stinger766
08-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone. :)

Gretchen, I'm so happy to see your lost 1 lbs this week. I'm sure it's a sign that your plateauing days are over and it's onward and downward from here. You're a great inspiration and you're doing terrific.

Elle, congrats on getting so close to your first goal. We know you can do it too. You're doing a great job and you should be very proud of yourself.

Scuttle, 1/2 lb is nothing to be down about. Any loss is a great thing and a huge accomplishment. Eating too few calories is a problem a lot run into at some point. Just make the adjustment and I'm sure things will continue at a great pace.

Amy Jo, not gaining when off plan is great! It's nice to start out again where you left off. I'm sure next week you'll see a big loss.

As for me, I'm down another 2 lbs this week to make my total lost 69 lbs. I'm only 6 lbs from my Labor Day goal. This past week I walked 5 days on the treadmill at 2.75-3.00 miles each day, which is my goal. I have been having a little problem over eating at lunch so I brought Lean Cuisine's etc. to eat this week. Plus I brought my fruit, which I didn't have last week to keep me going during the day. I have to say in the big picture things on the weight loss front couldn't be going better for me. :) 6 more lbs and I'm half way to my goal of being high school weight again. Yippee!!

Talk to you all soon and let's all have a great week!

melissa/dawn
08-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Well not as good as I had hoped but a loss of 1.5 so I am happy with that. We spent the weekend with my in-laws in Kansas, and I need to let Mom in law know I am on a diet, but I am afraid it might hurt her feelings. Have any of you guys married longer that me had experience with this sort of thing?

starting: 283.5
currant: 282.0
labor day goal: 265.0

Have a great week everyone! :)

lessofsarahtolove
08-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Ingrid, that's great news!! I'm really happy to hear that things are going so well for you! Great job on getting so close to your Labour Day goal.....you go!! I love hearing that positive news!!

tolose85
08-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Ingrid! WOW you are doing wonderfully!! Congrats to you!!

Stinger766
08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks Sarah and Gretchen,

You guys are so positive and supportive, I know myself and I'm sure the rest here couldn't do it without your great support and your success stories. Although I'm new(ish) here, I'm very glad for the support and just somewhere to talk openly about weight loss. You guys are the best!

SwimGirl
08-02-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm having a great couple weeks with my scale, I dug it out after my vacation, and since I honestly couldn't remember what I weighed before my vacation, I started "fresh". My "fat" scale said 273, and now it says 267. That scale is wrong, but I use it rather than my "skinny" scale, because I only want to lose my weight once! Congrats everyone on your weight loss! :) Mine baffles me because I'm eating everything in site!

howie6267
08-02-2004, 06:21 PM
I will read the above post later and find out what is happing with everyone. I'm at work and don't have much time right now. I just wanted to say I am going to start weighing on Mondays now to try to keep me doing better on the weekends. I don't know how I did it because I've not been good this weekend but I am down 4 lbs from last week. So I will take that as a good omen that I should be weighing on mondays.

Br00klyn
08-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Howie - That's FABULOUS! 4 lbs. in a week is a major loss! Be proud! :bravo:

howie6267
08-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks Celina. Way to go on the one pound loss Gretchen. I'm sure you will get past this plateau.

Great going everyone who lost and good for you Amy Jo for getting back on plan.

teapotdynamo
08-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Way to go, all you losers! :)

Thanks only to the mysteries of the universe, I am down a pound this week to 235. I took a long weekend in Florida with my husband, ate horribly, but still managed to lose a pound. Go figure! Gretchen and Sarah, congrats on the plateau-busting. Here's hoping this is the week for me, as well! I've spent too long between 235 and 237! I went shopping for healthy food last night, so the place is stocked to the gills with good eats, and I'm kicking my butt in the exercise arena, so wish me luck!

(One other positive note -- I said I was off-plan in Florida, which is true, but when I think about it, I wasn't as much of a disaster as I used to be. I still didn't drink sodas, I passed over fries *twice*, and I worked out in the hotel gym. PLUS I even summoned the courage to wear a swimsuit all weekend. So, even my failures are more successful than they used to be :) ).

Tammy32
08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I wish I could congratulate everyone personally, but I don't have much time. I am sneaking computer time while my mom is in the shower. She has been keeping me so busy it is not funny. I find that a good thing since I see that as exercise. Anyways, way to go all you losers this week!! It's always so great to see so many people making their weight loss happen. The strength you all have is amazing!!

Ok, I weighed on my mom's scale which is pretty darn accurate. I weighed in at 210. So, when I guesstimated on my mother-in-laws scale I was pretty right on. I've been doing well with my eating since I have been at my mom's. She is ultra supportive!! It is great. She does not try to tempt me to bad except last night when she made her mashed potatoes. That did me in..hehe..But, I had watched what I ate all day so it was not to bad. Since I now know my weight I can track from there. I want to see at least a one pound loss next week. I don't think that is pushing it to much.

On a side note. When I saw my mom for the first time in almost two years at the airport I became very scared. She has gained so much weight. I would say she is pushing 300 pounds or more on a five foot frame. She was winded so bad from walking so little. I am so afraid that she is going to have a heart attack. The least little amount of activity makes her winded. She has bad back problems and knee problems, and I know that makes it hard for her to be active. On a good note, she is eating considerably better since I have been here. She has not fried anything and she is eating salads with me everyday. I hope that I can help her a little bit. Thanks for listening you guys. I probably won't have time to post to many other topics so forgive me. You all have a fabulous week!!

Merrick
08-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Great job to you all. Bravo :D :D

I have just begun, therefore I do not have any loss to report. Next Week.

Congrats to you all :)

djs06
08-04-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm down either 2 or 2.5 this week... my scale couldn't decide, but it was 2.5 for a few times first so 2.5 it is! :lol:

lessofsarahtolove
08-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Yay, Dana!! I LOVE when that happens! Great job....only 12 pounds to go before you're due some of that high-ticket bling! ;)

djs06
08-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks Sarah! LOL, that was my first thought. At least materialism can help me in some way! hehe

lessofsarahtolove
08-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey whatever it takes, right? Got your eyes on anything in particular? Just let us know if we need to take up a collection for you or anything.... ;)

Merrick
08-04-2004, 12:40 PM
I was just wondering what other food programs or plans other members were following each week. I have been following the WW points (at home), I like it may, but maybe I need a change. :dunno: thanks

djs06
08-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Lynne,

I followed weight watchers on and off for years. It has sometimes worked and sometimes not worked. It didn't work for me this time around, because I found that if I only count points I don't care about nutrition, fat, getting the right balance of protein and carbs, etc.

My newest plan, which I have recently started, is to try and get as close to 40/40/20 (40% calories are from carbs, 40 are from protein, and 20 are from fat). Unfortunately, I've been having more fat than 20%, but I'm not going to beat myself up for it. It's still working okay, I think, even though I still haven't found the exact balance to give me those proportions.

It takes a lot of trial and error to find what's right for you. It's always good to have both protein AND carbs in one meal in some sort of balance. Other than that, maybe you should try some research and develop something that will work for you. If WW works for you, that's great. If not, try modifying it to fit what you want and what you think mighit work better.

lessofsarahtolove
08-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey, Lynne! How long have you been doing WW? Do you like it and find it comfortable to follow? Are you seeing results or think you will with time? If so, why change? If not, then you're wise to reach out to see what's working for others. I'm not a fan of WW myself, but it seems to me that it's important to give whatever plan you're working a chance to work for you!

That said, in no particular order, I do the following:

I count calories, keeping it to an average of 1300-1600 now. (I'm cycling my calories currently, with an overall average of 1400.)
I eat almost no processed foods, so no packaged meals or snacks, with the exception of my Smart Ones ice-creamy/yogurty snacks
I stick to low glycemic carbs -- which doesn't mean no pasta, or rice, for example; it means I pay attention to the Glycemic Index.
I watch my fat, really limiting my saturated fat intake, and keeping it to an overall average of around 25%. Sometimes it's more, but I look at the overall picture.
I eat every 4 hours or so, and try NEVER to consume carbs without protein.
I limit my carbs somewhat later in the day.
I aim for an overall ratio of 40% protein / 35% carbs / 25% fat.
I really limit my sodium and sugar intake -- they're WELL below the recommended maximums.
I try to keep my fiber at least over 30 grams/day (I'll spare you the details on how many servings of vegetables, fruit, and complex carb's I have. ;) )
I drink on average 120-130 oz. of water a day.
I make sure to eat a few servings of low-no fat dairy calcium a day, and also I consume yogurt, soy, some source of omega-3 oil and blueberries each a few times a week.
Every week or two, I let myself have a treat meal or day, as long as my calories don't get completely out of control -- like not over 1900-2000. (I've only gone that high like 3 times since I started.)

That's an overview of what I do. I watch a number of things -- it was an effort to get into my routine, but I've been on autopilot for months now -- because I'm interested in improving my overall LONGTERM health, not just losing weight. I don't want diabetes, or heart problems, or cancer, or any of the other crud you can prevent somewhat with a mindfully nutritious diet.

My program might sound a little intense, but it totally works for me. I'm not sure I could have gotten it off the ground without logging my foods in my DietPower software, but I'm just entirely on auto-pilot now.....and I feel simply wonderful, not only emotionally but physically. My energy is great, my mental alertness is great, my gastrointestinal system is great, my skin is great.......life is good eating au natural!!

Merrick
08-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Dana and Sarah,

WW has worked for me in the past, currently (for the past 8 years), it works sometimes and does not other times. I have tried Atkins and found it way too hard to follow, was loosing, very slowly though,which should not have been happening. Then I started to develop heart palpatations, stopped immediately, gained 18lbs. I guess I am trying to see what is out there, I do really well with new challenges. Well I did in the past. However, things have changed.

I was always an early morning exercise (before my son), currently I cannot do any exercise till later in the day. Feels odd.

Thanks for the imput. I appreciate it. I printed them to read while waiting for my son to get out of camp. :D

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-04-2004, 03:37 PM
I do WW at home, too. I love it! I love the flexability of the program. Basically, I can have anything I want IN MODERATION!!! Sometimes ( if I tell the truth, ALOT of the time) I have a problem with portion size. Im working on that! ( I swear!) ;)

Merrick
08-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Good Morning to all :coffee: :coffee: ( I need 2 today)

Amy Jo I am the same way. I am also working on the portions. I have been on and off of the plan for the past 8 years. But I am so use to it. :dunno:

Sarah, how did you learn of this plan, is there a website I could learn more about it. It sounds very detailed... Which can sometimes be good for me. It keeps me busy.

I made out a weekly plan of meals and created my shopping list from that. It was great. I got my meals from the recipes on this site. I have tried many of them and they are good. I am excited to see how this pans out for me.

Well the humidity finally broke, it is raining today, but I am still hoping to take a walk on the beach. Check in later. :)

lessofsarahtolove
08-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey, Lynne -- I just put it together based on my research on nutrition and weight loss. It's not a commercial plan. I drew from numerous sources. :)

mezmerize
08-05-2004, 06:24 PM
I lost 1 lbs this week. Yea!!

Mez

Br00klyn
08-06-2004, 01:17 AM
I'm scared to weigh in this week.. I haven't been to the gym since Saturday since I was working a weird shift at work! :( However, I did cut back my calories a little to compensate and I walked as much as I could... I may just wait until next week.. although I know I can't resist the scale when I go to the gym tomorrow.. Ugh, what to do ? what to do?!

Merrick
08-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Good Morning, :coffee:

Sarah, how impressive. You created the plan, you should patent the material and then market it. Good for you.

Brooklyn, hang in there, you will survive and is sounds like you have compensated for not being able to make it to the gym. You will get back on you regular track. Stay positive. You will do fine. :) :)

Mez, great job on the weight loss

Today, ther is no humidity, no rain... it is a beautiful day.
However it is going to be a busy day. I have 17 people coming to my house to hand out, some will spend the weekend. Get this, my son and I will be at camp all day. It is parents day till 3:30pm then awards. Then he has a hockey game at the same hockey rink. So we will not be home till 7:30 tonight. Busy, busy day. :) That's ok. We will survive. I just have to stay away from the fast food.... I can do it.

Daners
08-06-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm down another pound this week. At my WW meeting this morning I earned my 75 lb. magnet. It was bittersweet as it was my leader's last meeting. But she did leave the door open to coming back sometime in the future.

I've been doing WW since January of 2003. For me I love it. When I'm faithful to the plan it works, and the weight comes off. I'm not always faithful to it, but I also realize that I have a life outside of the weightloss journey.

Sheila53
08-06-2004, 02:30 PM
I lost 1.8 lbs. this week, but I'd gained 1.8 lbs. over the course of three weeks (vacation) so now I'm starting over.

Congrats, Dana!! Hope to join you next week or the week after with 75 lbs. lost. Too bad about your leader. I love mine and can't imagine going to another meeting.

artist
08-07-2004, 04:06 AM
Dana - congrats on the 75lbs - that is totally fantastic. Such an inspiration!

Shelia - well, we are in the same kind of boat this week, and me I am really happy about it. I gained a couple of pounds on a great vacation (2 weeks), didnt worry about it, and lost 3 pounds this week......this experience has really reassured me that I can manage a couple of pounds gain without letting it spiral me totally off track. And now I am getting close to that 40lb loss mark!

FindingJackie
08-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey Folks...

This is my first weight in and I'm down 2 lbs to 272.5.

Not sure how I'm feeling this morning. I thought it would be more but being down 2 is better than nothing.

Br00klyn
08-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Jackie - That's fantastic! Good for you! :bravo: 2 lbs. per week is a very healthy loss!

jkfla
08-07-2004, 01:41 PM
i weighed in a day early and am down 3.8 lbs but i'm not going to get too excited about it because i had a very stressful week of not hardly eating and no sleep. so we'll see what next week has in store.

keep up the great work everyone!

Merrick
08-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Way to go for all of you who lost. I will weigh in tomorrow, but I am not expecting much, I did not have a game plan therefore, I was wining it this week. Not a good idea. Great job. Keep up the good work :)

Jillegal
08-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Down 1.6

Br00klyn
08-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Well I was scared today to get on the scale since I hadn't gone to the gym in a week... BUT! I'm down 2.5 lbs - YUP! :D I'm now FINALLY under 250!!! I'm soooo excited.. I almost cried at the gym when I got on the scale.

FindingJackie
08-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Celina.. that's great! :high:

:bravo: for all of us who had a good week.

:grouphug: for all of us who hope to do better next week.

artist
08-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Celina - congratulations!!!!!!!!! That's great, sound like you are really getting into your groove!

Merrick
08-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Celina, great job, :cheer: :cheer: :goodscale :goodscale

That is so great. What an accomplishment!!!!!

Keep plugging along to everyone.

Thanks for the support to everyone.

teapotdynamo
08-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Congrats, Celina!

Woo hoo! :cb:

lessofsarahtolove
08-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Congratulations, Celina -- great job!

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-09-2004, 10:09 AM
YAY CELINA!!!!! :cb: :dancer: :flame:

Br00klyn
08-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Awww.. thanks for the support you guys! See this is why I love this board... Couldn't have done it without you! :D

patincanada
08-10-2004, 03:11 PM
-1 for the week

Sheila53
08-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Shelly, I take my weight loss any way I can get it. :) But I do wish you a less stressful week AND a good weight loss for next week.

Jill, excellent job on the 1.6! I'm hoping to lose that much this week because it will put me at 75 lbs. total.

Celina, how exciting!! Way to go!

Patincanada, congrats on the pound!