I woke up early today, excited over all the
things I get to do before the day ends.
My job is to choose what
kind of day I am going to have....

Today I can complain because
the weather is rainy or ...
I can be thankful that the grass
is getting watered for free.

Today I can grumble about my health or...
I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or...

I can excitedly embark upon a
quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because
I have to do housework or..

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or...
I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
I can feel honored because Life has provided
shelter for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of
me, waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor
who gets to do the shaping.

Today I am going to have a GREAT DAY
because I am blessed with many gifts
in my life... Especially gifts like YOU!

Have A Wonderful Day gals!

I will see you all tomorrow and fill you in on all
my adventures of having a roof put on
:dizzy: :o :D :^:

MY GOALS for AUGUST:
WaLk: 50 Miles
CuRvEs: 12 times in the month

*God Bless*
:sunny: SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

FrouFrou
08-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi Ladies~

Sunny~loved the poem and picture, so cute!

I am ready for this new month ahead but will be aiming low on the walking goal. But hoping that I do get in more. Of course not getting off to a good start today since waking up with a very sore throat. I may get in at least a mile today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. :)

August Walking Goal~30 miles

macdeez
08-01-2004, 11:34 PM
I feel really good about July's results and hope to do even better in August. Got 4.5 miles in today so I'm off to a pretty good start, I think! :)

Food continues to remain on target... and I had *THE* best salad tonight... fresh greens tossed with mandarin orange segments and slices of kiwi fruit! MMM! I definitely need to focus on getting more water into my system though.

Anyways girls, good luck this month! I hope you all reach your personal goals! :)

Type you later...!

~mel

psigrl
08-02-2004, 01:20 AM
:D Yahoo! I'm ready! I'll imagine every step is burning away the outer layer of me and the newer, fresher, leaner me is showing up more and more. I'll huff and puff for now only to slip easily into those Fall clothes in September!
Let's come back and share interesting things we've observed on our walks (if outdoors)..like leaves changing, interesting people, animals, or even thoughts that come to us we would usually miss. :cool:

Abirdee
08-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! My weekend was pretty good, last evening I had some hot wings and felt soooo guilty afterwards for eating them. So, today my goal is 3 miles, because I also did not work out yesterday. I have a new member of my family, I adopted a Terrier named Elmo from the Humane Society on Saturday (he is so adorable). He is 4 months old and was found in an abandoned house. He is soooo full of energy but I enjoy it. I have a German Shepard outside and I don't think he likes the new guy to much, especially if he gets to stay in the house......I hope he will get use to him! My birthday is August 22, so my goal is to be down 10 more from my July goal and I'm 8 pounds away from reaching it (wish me luck)!
I hope everyone has a BLESSED day

SW-290
CW-278
GW-185

Started June 21, 2004

bburoughs
08-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

My goal for August is 40 miles. I need to stay on track with the eating also. Have not done to well with the eating lately. :mad: So this month, I will focus on my eating as well.

I did not get my walk in this morning. I got in the bed late on last night. So I plan on walking 2 miles on today.

Have a Blessed day ladies.

cathyxxx
08-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Gang! :wave:

Wow July has come and gone! Time sure flies doesn't it!

My goal for August is 40 miles, plus I have just got to do more strength training.

I got up this morning and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights, and then did 40 situps and 15 double leg lifts (where you lay flat on your back and lift both legs up at the same time). I have been doing these everytime I get done walking, and I can feel my stomach muscles getting stronger.

I hope everybody has a Blessed and On Track day!

hugs,
Cathy

fidjsnipzz
08-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie on this thread but I have been trying to increase my walking the past month. I live in New York so I walk quite a bit naturally but have been trying to up it by taking walks during my lunch break and in the evening after dinner.
Hope everyone is doing great!
Melissa

FrouFrou
08-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Was up early this morning and got a walk in, yippee. It's a good start for me since I haven't been walking so much.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

August Goal~30 miles
8/2~2 miles walked
28 to go.........

WNYmom
08-02-2004, 01:01 PM
OK, new month, new start, new me! Or at least I hope.
Not going to walk today but about ready to leave in about 5 minutes for swim. Hope to swim 4 days this week as there is no swim on Wed. Next week there is only swim for 3 days then the program is over. I will be going on vacation for a week right after and will be at the beach so hope to swim there and get in some good walking on the beach.

macdeez
08-02-2004, 02:20 PM
BIG WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES! Best of luck on your weight-loss journey!

TOPS meeting tonight was cancelled, so no Monday-WI. :( Was actually looking forward to it. Is that normal? :lol: Continue fitting into my previously-too-tight-clothes which is a daily reminder to stay OP. :) I'm really aiming to fit into a size 9/10 by Labor Day weekend. We shall see.

Will be waiting until this evening to get my 4mile walk in since we're on our way over to the in-laws for a visit. Fun stuff. ;)

Food has been great... and I'm really amazed at my will power. I've been at this a month now and have remained on track with my cals. Very proud of that, I must admit. :)

Glad to hear that you girls are off to such a great start! And I'm really looking forward to hearing about your progress! :) Best of luck to all of you! Keep up the great work, ladies!!! :)

Take care and I hope you all have a happy and healthy day!

~mel

lovnmom
08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Sunny, Hope you're having a better day. How upsetting to lose something so special. It won't matter what they offer, it won't be enough...............Cristi, great job getting those first 2 miles in. It's wonderful to have you back with us. Fill us in on what's been happening in your life. ( only if you care to share of course)...............Mel,You sound awesome. Happy and upbeat. It's amazing how a little self control can do so much for our UP meter!!! Keep up the good work those 9 / 10's are coming your way............ psigirl, Welcome to you. I love to share what I've seen and how I was feeling on my walks. I look forward to getting to know you..................Abirdee, I bet your shepheard is jealous. We've had a wonderful dog (mix terrier breed) for almost 7 yrs. This past summer my SIL got a new puppy and my dog was so jealous when she'd bring him to the business. He still doesn't care for all that in your face puupy stuff, but they're pretty good buddies now. That was sweet of you to adopt. I see you've lost 12# in just over a month. That's super. Don't feel guilty over the wings. Just back OP today................Hi Brenda, I too have had real problems in the food dept this past couple of weeks. I feel I'm back strong now and we'll pull each other on. Go Brenda Go!!..................Cathy, I'm always amazed at the added effort you put into strength, but yet you give yourself so little credit.So I will for you. You go Cathy woo hoo!!! My goal for Aug is to adopt your sit ups etc.. after walking lol You're doing great. Thanks for being such an inspiration.............Welcome Melissa, You've joined a really supportive group here. Tell us a little about yourself. Single, children, old young etc.....? It's great having another newbie.....................Janine, Keep up the terrific work. It's great you're still enjoying the swimming...............Sheila, I think it's great you finally broke in the new TM. For me it's a totally better work out than the trail. I push myself so much harder when I can see all the numbers in front of me etc.. When you have finished your intended miles do you walk a little more at a slower pace or do you just shut it off? If you're not cooling down this could cause the dizzies. Once I've finished my miles I usually do at least another 1/4 mile at a gradually slowing pace. Never shutting until I'm down to 2 mph. Then I feel good. If I shut off early I too am dizzy. If this doesn't help make sure you've drank plenty of water before using it. I think you'll notice you sweat much more on the TM. Good luck getting into it............As for me by Wed of this past week the stress of VBS and college for kids and cub scouts etc finally got to me. I literally ate my way straight through the weekend. I did finally get some much needed time alone with the hubby yesterday and my children only have 3 days this month that have activities so life is back to normal. Yippee.As for my goals this month I'm aiming my miles way low at 30. I think if the pressure to get all the walking in is lifted I will get more weights done. I do believe where I am at this point I need to build the muscle. My legs look about as good as a 30" inseem can ( lots of muscle definition ), but my arms and abs are really lacking. I'm aiming for 3 times a week with the weights. Plus I plan to lose my last 2#. When I started in 2000 my goal was to weigh 135# by my 40th BD. That's 8 days away and I owe a great deal of my success to you ladies here. For my BD I'm planning to have a t-shirt made that reads 3FC Rule and I want a digital camera. When this all comes to friution I'm looking forward to posting a pic of myself. Something I never thought I'd want to do. Thanks again!

Kristi

Aug miles ~ 2

SunnyD57
08-03-2004, 08:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/MORNING.gif

Good Morning Gals!!!
:wave: And a Big Ole *WELCOME* to the newcomers!!! :wave:

Well... it's finally settled with the roofing company ~ WooHoo :dance: ~ as of Monday morning at 7:30 ---

I am sorry I didn't return yesterday as I planned and I didn't walk yesterday either, but I had allot of paperwork to do (bill's) after the guy left here and it took all my energy to finish it up... it takes more effort these days to think :lol: The first payment for the roof is due next month and I want to be ready for it. We got a payment plan from the roofing co. 12 months same as cash and we are planning to have it paid for in 11 months. Don't want to pay any more then we were quoted for this job. I love all the companies that are doing the 12 months same as cash --- NO INTEREST :D

All was going well with the roofing crew till the end of the second day of the job... I think they were getting tired and were rushing a bit more to get done before the next rain that was to come that evening (but didn't). They began to drop the shingles down so hard from their shoulders onto our roof that our dining-room light fixture lifted up and off the hook slamming it right into the soup tureen on our table shattering it into thousands of pieces :cry: My Mom gave it to me & it was passed down from her mother to her. I was soooo bummed out for like 2 days! I was sitting at the table with Joe having lunch when it all happened!! Joe had just gotten up from the table to get us drinks, otherwise the way the lamp fixture was swagged it would have hit Joe in the face/chest... so it could have been so much worse of a situation. So I did some searching on the net to get a value of the tureen before he got here and after almost 2 hours of searching I finally found it. It had a value of $69.00 listed and could be auctioned off at around $75.00 - $80.00. He gave us $80.00 for the Soup Tureen and $20.00 for the trinkets that broke in my picture box when it fell off the wall in our spare room... we owed them $250.00 for the sheets of rotted wood that were replaced (over & above the cost of the roof materials & job, which we were informed about prior to the job) and so he took the $100.00 off there and I wrote him a check for $150.00 instead of $250.00. Joe & I were please with the $100.00 he took off and his apology for the accident. He also will see what he can do about warning future clients in the ranch style homes and manufactured homes (like ours) of possible damage & to secure their treasures & fixtures. I am going to make a follow up call in a week and see what is being done ~ for my peace of mind, wanting them to say something before a job is done to clients, and sparing others of this kind of loss :( I feel so much better now that everything is all taken care of and they were fair to us, especially since they are a Christian based company. It's all done now... yeah!!!!! Joe & I spent about 2-3 hours with a huge magnet picking up staples and nails after having the job done. They did clean up, but there's no way they would have gotten it all... we are still finding nails :dizzy: But the driveway had to be all cleared before we could bring the jeep & truck back onto it. And all our sidewalks had to be washed before we put all our flower pots back. They were going to put everything back for us, but we told them not to bother - because we wanted to clean up first. All in all we feel the job was done beautifully and they guys were great. We treated them to drinks and pizza and they said no one has ever done that in all the years they have worked for the company... cool beans :cool: They worked so hard & did a wonderful job not to be treated well. Joe & I know they get paid well, but a treat never hurt anyone. I am just glad that it's done! And so are my boys (my kitties)!! Domino didn't seem to mind at all, once he got use to the sounds he slept as usual on the sofa. BUT the two brothers (Guido & Zeppe) are a different story! They spent 2 Days under our bed :lol: All Joe & I could see were eyes and toes peering out once in awhile --- just too funny! They probably thought the sky was falling :^: :lol:

Our next big project is going to be the driveway, once we know what the park owners are going to do with the main road we can begin that project. And the house will look so much better from the road. Soon we are going to get the pressure sprayer from Johnny (Joe's brother) and then clean the house of mildew & dirt and then we want to repaint all our shutters brown again - they are so sun faded. Then we'll begin the interior projects (2005-6) that we have planned. Joe & I want to do as much as we can on our own there --- it will be allot of work, but ohhh the accomplishment when it's all finished the way we want it to be. And with Lowe's & Home Depot we can't go wrong. They too have offers of 12 months same as cash with their credit cards... and if we plan it all well, we should have most of our projects done and paid for by 2007-8. Well... ... ... it looks good on paper anyway :^:

Well gals, I am sorry I don't have time to post to each of you today...
I really must be going --- haveta get a bite to eat and get ready to go to Curves this morning. I have missed way too much exercise in the last week and I sure do feel it!
Take Care everyone and Have a Great Day!!!
Loves,

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0
AuGuSt MiLeS: 0

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times
AuGuSt CuRvEs: 0 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
sounds like everybody is doing GREAT!
Kristi - thanks for the "woo hoo"

I did a 45 minute 3 mile WATP w/2lb weights this morning.
Then 40 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

August Miles = 5

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy

Abirdee
08-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Good Morning,

I have a question I drink Decaff coffee in the morning and put a little non-dairy creamer and splenda in it. Do you think will prevent me from dropping the pounds?

I didn't walk yesterday because I was sooo busy, but will be back on track today!
Everyone is doing such a wonderful job and you all keep me motivated, so I say "THANK YOU"!

I hope everyone has a BLESSES day!

lovnmom
08-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Sunny, I'm so glad the roofers ended things to your satisfaction and that you and Joe have long term goals you are working towards together. I can't waite to see pics. Now get out there and get that exercise done too................Sheila, I love it that you bested your beau on the TM. My husband is naturally VERY thin, but not too! Plus he works physically hard 6 days a week. When I challenged him it was only a couple days and he was doing 6 mph and not even puffing!!! Then I was silly enough to challenge him to wear a stepometer. I was convinced he really didn't MOVE that much during his day. He had almost 5,000 steps in his first 3.5 hrs at work. I almost angrily took it away from him lol. Try the cool down and keep with it. It's a great work out.........Cathy, Great job again today! ..............Abirdee, ALL calories count. If your not adding the cals from the creamer to your daily numbers they will add up! Some creamers are quite high in cals as well. I recommend that you still enjoy your coffee, but be sure and measure your creamer so your not indulging more than you think. Sorry, if I'm a bummer for ya!...........As for me, food was back on track yesterday. I hit the TM and avg over 5 mph for 2 miles and then went another 1/2 m at a slower pace. I feel good today for the first time in awhile. Stress load has been greatly reduced. I even lined up my last S.S. teacher yesterday. I have all I need more than a month before S.S. is to start. Yeah!!!! I'm doing 1.25 miles on the TM today, followed by 3 arm ex. with 10# weights and 1 with 5# weights. I'll do 3 sets of 8 reps each today. Am also planning 25 double leg lifts and 25 of another ab ex. I don't know what you call it, but you hold a weight (preferably ball shaped) over your head and act as if you are throwing it while extending one leg behind you. You hold for like 3 sec arms extended straight forward-leg extended straight back. Wish me luck. I'll report back how many I was actually able to complete lol

3 miles
1 UB strength

Kristi

macdeez
08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Don't have more than a few mins to post. Have to get my morning exercises in. :strong:

Sunny... Sorry to hear that about your broken soup tureen! :( Especially since it had sentimental meaning! But I'm glad that the company tried to make up for the destruction. How very nice of you and Joe to treat them to pizza! That's really great of you guys! :) Sounds like the house is going to be gorgeous once all the reno's are done! Good deal!

Cathy... Keep up the great work! As always, you rock!

Kristi... Good luck on getting all those exercises in! :) I've been doing UB strength-training as well (3 days a week) and have noticed a big difference in my arms and stomach. :) You're doing awesome, girl! And I can't wait to see that picture of you!

Sheila... Too funny about your bf's attempt on the TM! :lol:

As for me, will get in strength-training this a.m. and 4mi walk this evening. It's supposed to be somewhat cool tonight so I may even extend the walk a mile or so. I was disappointed that I didn't get to WI lastnight but I'm very excited about next week's TOPS meeting to see how much I've lost in the past couple weeks. Hubby has been so supportive lately and his comments are a real ego-booster. I'm finding that having an outlet for my frustrations has kept us from arguing as much as we used to... so that's an added bonus! And what's even better is we've been bonding on our evening walks. I look forward to that hour we spend together. We're connecting in a way that never before happened. I LOVE it! :)

Anyways ladies, I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Keep up the great work! :)

~mel

ScoobieSue
08-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

Well I wasn't too good this weekend, BUT this is a new day. I plan to exercise tomorrow morning and get back on track. :drill:

My dad will be here next week from Afghanistan. I'm so excited! He will stay a week and then return. He is a civilian working for the military. He hopes to back for good next May when he retires. They are looking at having people retire early and I hope he gets to be one of them so he can come home in December. He tells me he has lost 65 lbs since he has been there (which was last year). :hyper:

I'm getting back in routine again. I know I can do it. Take care and *HUGS* to all. :flow2:

Wendy

SunnyD57
08-03-2004, 08:22 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0
AuGuSt MiLeS: 1.0

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times
AuGuSt CuRvEs: 1 Time

macdeez
08-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Well girls, I came close to skipping my 4mi walk tonight. Was feeling very tired... very hot... and very cranky. After dinner (a delicious ginger beef stirfry) I contemplated walking vs. not, and in the end my guilt won out. So out we headed. Just in time to see a lightning show... which given our dry weather and the fact that we lost over 200 homes to last year's forest fire, is not a good sign. We're tinder dry here once again. :eek:

Anyway, once we got walking, it was good... and I feel better having done it. Esp. since MIL will be visiting on Thurs and Fri and so we won't be out walking those couple of days. Oh well... we're off to a pretty good start this month so I'm not too upset about a few missed days. Managed to get my strength-training in this morning... and even before it got too hot. So that's a relief. Will do so again on Thurs and Fri mornings so I won't be totally exercise-free. :)

Everything else is going smoothly. I'm sleeping a lot better now that I've found a routine and stuck with it. And I feel so "clean" having not eaten anything processed in weeks. It's truly been an amazing journey thus far.

Anyways girls, I'm gonna go crawl into bed with a good book so as to enjoy the rest of my evening. But I hope you all stayed OP today! Looking forward to hearing from you all tomorrow! Keep up the great work, ladies! :D

~mel

MichelleRae
08-04-2004, 03:38 AM
Hello ladies!!! Sorry I haven't been around much I've been pretty busy :)

Cathy I was going to tell you that my doctor was going to give me armour thyroid but we decided to add the T3 in seperately so I am taking 50 mcg of synthroid and 50 mcg of Cytomel daily and I think I'm starting to feel more myself!! I have also switched to phentermine and hopefully it will get me out of my stall lol. So I'm going to do 2 months phentermine and then 2 months meridia off and on so I don't get too used to the meds, so I told the doc that I wanted to only stay on meds til I got to 170 and then I wanted to do the rest of it on my own. How are you feeling?

Sunny how is your summer so far girly? I've so missed you ;) but with work and the kids wanting to be outside I don't get too much time til late at night lol. We are going to be doing some home improvement in the coming weeks because my inlaws will be here to help with that. We are putting in a brick patio in the back yard and putting in new tile in the kitchen and dining room, painting our bedrooms and framing up our basement. We also ordered an 8x8 shed for all our outside garden tools so we can keep them out of the weather. Any cheap yard decorating ideas you can pass on to me?

Kristi, how have you been? Are your kids keeping you as busy as mine are keeping me? We are in the process of potty training Taylor and boy oh boy I never thought it would be so difficult, so we are also gonna try and get teagan trained early even though she is only 9.5 months we take off her diaper and set her on the potty chair for a minute or two, Ive heard of people who have done this and had their children potty trained by 2 years old we'll see. My girls have both been sick the last couple of days we had to take taylor to the ER because her temperature got up to 105.6 they said not to worry and just keep giving her tylenol and motrin and it finally broke last night. Phew!! I was worried. How are your home improvements going?

Everyone else :wave: Sorry I'm not posting more but its so late and I need to get some sleep. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Michelle

Abirdee
08-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Good Morning,

I wanted to check in and let everyone know that I walked for 60 minutes and a total of 3.40 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I guess I was making up time from not working out on Monday....I felt really good after doing it, so I guess maybe once or twice a week I will have to take a day off to build my energy back up. Update on Elmo (my new dog) he is doing great and I have fallen so in love with him. After work I'm so excited about getting home to my husband and him....Well I hope everyone has a BLESSED day.......

SunnyD57
08-04-2004, 10:29 AM
:wave: Good Morning Gals!
Just thought I would share some pictures with you of our roofing adventure :D You know me and pics ;)

*~*~*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Zeppe7-27-041.jpg
Zeppe napping --- the calm before the storm, little does he know
what is to come :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Roof7-28-041.jpg
Here you can see what the old roof color was... a brick red/brown color (too dark!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Roof7-28-044.jpg
The roofers and the mess!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Roof7-29-04.jpg
Our new roof color *Shakewood* looking from front to back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Roof7-29-043.jpg
New roof from back toward the front --- ain't it pretty?!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
08-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Mel, That's so great that you and DH are connecting on that level. I don't see that happening for us until the children are gone. It's wonderful that's he's supportive of your efforts. Many hubby's sabotage. Give him a big hug!............Wendy, How awesome for your dad. 65 lbs less, he must feel like a different person. I'm happy for you that he's coming home for a visit. I will add him to my prayers that he may remain safe. Good job getting back on track! You CAN DO IT!..........Sunny, read ys later!.......Michelle, Potty training does seem like a nightmare when you first start. Of my 4 children 2 were trained by 2 yrs and 2 were trained by 2.5 yrs. My only advice (even though you didn't ask) don't use pull ups EVER. The wet feels no different than a diaper. If you need to go somewhere invest in good rubber pants to wear over their training pants. This helps you stay consistent and them knowing what's expected. Good luck to you and I hope they feel better soon!..................Abirdee, Sometimes a day or two off is just what we need. Great job!.............As for me. I started with 1.5 miles on the TM and then went right into my weight segment. I worked UB doing 3 sets of 8 bicep curls w/ 10#-----3 sets of 8 overhead press w/10#------3 sets of 8 incline fly w/10#-----3 sets 10-20 each tri cep extention w/5#---------2 sets 0f 15 leg raises-----2 sets of 50 bicycles-----2 sets 1/15 and 1/20 standing arm and leg extention for abs w/5# weight. I totally felt awesome when I was done. I read that Body Revival book suggested by Jack150 and it said a quick cardio warm up before lifting is the way to go to warm muscles etc. It did make me want to do it. Today I'm planning 2 mile TM and 100 bicycles and 3 sets of 8 bent over rows. I may as well go for it while I'm into it. I really feel renewed now that the children's activities are done. I'm realizing the stress really did get to me much more than I knew while in the throws of it. The one thing I'm thankful for was the commitment I made to myself to hang on here at 3fc no matter what. You girls keep me motivated enough to come back strong rather than fold. Thanks again.

5 miles
1 ub
1 mini ub

lovnmom
08-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Yes Sunny, it is very pretty. I'm so happy for you!

Kristi

SunnyD57
08-04-2004, 11:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/CatExercise.gif

Gooooood Morning Again!
I wanted to touch base with each of you today since I have failed to do so lately... sometimes it gets too busy in a day :^: Glad I don't have to be in Cleveland ( I live an hour EAST of Cleve) today --- they are holding American Idol Auditions at the Football Stadium and most of the streets are blocked making most very unhappy. I do hope to see someone from Cleveland make a good impression on the three judges making it to the finals. That would be cool :cool:

*~*~*

Okay *KRISTI* ;)
You twisted my arm and I got back into the swing of things... I just put in 4.25 miles today and did go to Curves yesterday putting in 1 mile. So I am where I should be so far. I am very grateful for your :cheer: --- you sure do keep me encouraged & motivated! I am sooooo impressed with your workouts!!!! :cp: You put me to shame! Keep up the great work, Kristi!!

How is your home coming along??? Did you decide what color shutters you were going with? Did you go with the wine? I bet it's all coming along beautifully!!! Got any pictures to share with us??

*SHEILA*
Thank you so much for your sympathies... I sure do miss seeing my Soup Tureen on the table, but no one can take away my memories ;)
You keep up the great work-outs too!! :cp: You have really changed for the best and we all can see it --- I :lol: laughed so hard when you mentioned your sweetie :love: and the T-Mill... it's sooo true! They think they know, but until they do it too... they know nothing :no: ! That's like with Curves... don't knock it till you have tried it, you know what I mean. My hubby didn't think I got much of a workout there till they let him come in & try during a lull in the day he was off --- too funny! I get quite a workout there! Especially now that we have *ALL* the machines (that are out) at our place. I know I feel it! Keep up the wonderful job!!! Don't you feel you get a BETTER workout on the T-Mill then walking outside?? I do! I think it's because it's consistently at the same pace, where if you go walking outdoors you may vary your pace.

*CRISTI*
Haven't seen you back for a bit --- hope all is going well with you.
So glad you liked the poem... I thought it was a great way to begin a new month :)

*MEL*
I am so looking forward to getting home improvements done here, but alas we must wait till the $$ comes in ;) Hope you like the pictures I posted of the roof --- Joe took them... there's no way I would have climbed up there :o

:cp: YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... BRAVOOOOO :bravo: to you!!!! Getting in those miles even though you didn't feel like doing it.
I know I get my best workouts on those days. :cp: Good for you!!!! :cp:
And I am so happy to hear that you are sleeping better too :)

*CATHY*
You too are doing great with your workouts :dance: WooHoo!!
I think we all should be very proud of ourselves in keeping up our routines...
it ain't easy, but with you and the other gals I don't feel alone.

*ABIRDEE*
I too use Splenda and Non-Dairy Creamer in my coffee and I usually have 1 - 2 cups a morning. I cannot have dairy. As long as you are watching not to go over too much in your calorie intake you should be fine and still lose. As Kristi stated, all calories count - so just be careful elsewhere if you like your coffee that way ;) Like I do :D

*WENDY*
You can do it sweetie!!!! It took effort for me to get back into exercsie too, but at least I didn't go weeks (!) this time before I got back into it... I only went days and that was because I became overwhelmed with all that happened with the Roofing Company. But I am back now and so can you :grouphug: Just *Do It*, okay --- don't think about it too long... :^: Hope to see you back here with some miles walked, or lifting done or swimming in... anything ;)

((Big HUGS))) back at ya ;)

*MICHELLE RAE*
It is so good to see you back :flow2: I was just thinking last night that it has been a long time since you last posted with us... I miss you too! But I understand what it must be like to try and keep up with your life, your family and these threads. Just pop in when you can, okay ;) I posted some pictures for you to see our new roof --- it came out so nicely. You sound like you are doing quite allot in home improvements too! Good for you! It all sounds wonderful!!! As far as great ideas --- watch HGTV... that's where I get my best (cheap) ideas. Also... garage sales!!! You can find the best stuff there to refinish or paint and when you go to them looking for an item in mind it's allot of fun hunting around and you don't buy more then you need to --- just go looking for that item you want. It's great *socially* too :D

*PSIGRL*
How are you doing??? Getting in your walks outdoors --- got any stories to share with us?

*BRENDA*
Always good to see you stop in... come back soon!
How are you doing? Gotten in any miles this month?? You mentioned that you were gonna try for 2 miles? How's your eating plan going? I know how hard it can be...
I am thinking of you :grouphug:

*MELISSA*
How are you doing getting in your walking??? You mentioned you get allot in living in NY, but wanted to do more... come back soon and let us know how you are, okay.

*JANINE*
Great job as usual in your swimming... hope you have a good time in this last few weeks before it all comes to an end. I know how much my sister loves her swimming pool. It's great exercise!

*~*~*

Well gals... I really must be going and getting in some stretching time. I have sat here a bit too long and can feel it in my lower back. I have to get some beans baked for a tailgate party tonight. Joe & I are going to a local baseball game tonight with some friends --- woohoo --- hope they win and it doesn't rain on us :o It's been raining all morning here.

Take Care and Keep up the wonderful job!!!
Much Luvs,

AuGuSt GoAlS: 50 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifApRiL MiLeS: 41.0 MaY MiLeS: 48.25 JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 5.25

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 1 Time

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
08-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Hi all! I'm on again 'cuz I'm just so pumped. I di 2.5 miles and still went on to do my mini strength and actually did more bent over rows than planned and my 2.5 was done in 30 min 3 sec. I'm feeling SO GOOD. I found a weight lifting site for women and she had some routines that use just dumbells (all the equipment I have for now) So, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. DS and DH are at a ball game tonight so, I'm wondering what to do with the rest. Who knows! Have a great night ladies!

Kristi

macdeez
08-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Kristi... Glad to hear you're really enjoying your strength-training! It definitely helps to keep you motivated! :D And a big congrats on your speedy time getting those miles in! WTG! Keep up the great work! :)

Sunny... The roof looks great! I'm very impressed! And I'm certain that once all the reno's are complete, your place will look AMAZING! You've definitely got a good start on it already! :) Oh, and btw... your cat is adorable!

Abirdee... WTG, gettin' those miles in! And I'm really glad you're enjoying your puppy! :)

I didn't get any exercise in today. Bah. Had too much house-work to get accomplished before the in-laws arrived. I'm happy with the 5hr effort that took, so I suppose it all balances out. :) I'll try to get my walk in tomorrow at some point... prolly in the a.m. so it's out of the way.

Anyways I have to go put my little one back and bed... again. But I'll type you all tomorrow! Take care, ladies!

~mel

Abirdee
08-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Good Morning,

I know a couple of weeks ago I was trying to motivate everyone else, but this morning I need some motivation :( ..... I stepped on the scale and its not moving in which I'm getting really, really frustrated. I didn't measure myself when I first started so no need to do it now. My friends and husband keep
telling me they can tell and in my clothes I can tell, but if I don't see it on the scale I'm mad. I'm getting to the point where I think if I start cutting out one meal a day and walk for an hour and a half I will start to see the scale move again. Please anyone, everyone help me! :cry:

lovnmom
08-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Good morn Mel, 5 hrs of housework IS a work out lol I'd rather walk for 5 hrs straight than do housework that long lol Is it stressful having your IL's coming to visit or do you get on with them pretty good? Do you have special plans while they are here? I live next door and work every day with my IL's so I never have that "glad to see you" feeling lol. Have a great day, hope your visit is peachy!..................For today I'm doing my 1.5 mile TM and an lower body W/O I got off the net....... 3 sets of 8 squats w/20#..........3 x 8 stiff legged dead lift w/20#.......3 x 15 single leg calf raises.......3 x 8 straight leg dead lift (to floor) plus I'm doing 3 x 12 arms and leg extension w/5# for abs. When I'm through I'm going to just play around on my DH's exercise ball just so I can start to master a little balancing on it.............DH and DS had a ball at the game last night. Son received a miniature bat upon entering the park. That makes 3 in his collection so far. 1 of which I actually got in about 1973 so, he thought his eve was awesome. They had so much fun neither even bothered to tell me who won just everything they did lol.......Have a great day you awesome shrinking chicks!

Kristi

6 miles
1 ub
1 mini ub
1 LB

SunnyD57
08-05-2004, 11:07 AM
:coffee2: Good Morning Gals...
Not much time at them moment but I wanted to log my exercise for today. I went to Curves this morning and when I got home walked 3 miles :)

Soon my friends will be by to pick me up --- we are going to see "I, Robot" with Will Smith... I heard it was really great in effects.

I will be back later...
*God Bless you gals*
Luvs,

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifApRiL MiLeS: 41.0 MaY MiLeS: 48.25 JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 8.25

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 2 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
08-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Abirdee, Don't despair girl!!! As Sheila pointed out WE ALL hit plateaus you are not alone. She gives very sound advice, follow it and believe her!!! Never skip meals, staying the course is the answer. So many people quit when they hit a plateau never allowing them to learn that what thye were doing IS the ANSWER. Stay with it, don't give up, we are here for you. You are doing terrific. Believe in yourself you'll make it happen!!

Kristi

cathyxxx
08-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Well I just did a big ole post and I got bumped off and lost it – RATS!

No exercise yesterday but I got up early this morning and did a 45 minute 3 miles WATP, then I did 40 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

August Miles = 8

Michelle – I’m so glad that the T3 is helping. Let me know how you do on the phentermine. Hey? Where are you posting your exercise at these days? I know you must be exercising like crazy.

SunnyD – your new roof looks BEAUTIFUL! How was the tailgate party last night?

Mel – whenever I clean house I have to count that as my exercise, because I can’t do another thing when I clean. Cleaning house is WORK! Believe me – it COUNTS!

Kristi – I’m so glad you are feeling good. That’s great! What weight lifting site for women are you going to? I see you’ve added “daily bible study” to your August goals. That’s awesome!

Abirdee – 60 minutes on a treadmill is awesome! YOU GO GIRL!
I agree with Sheila and Kristi – great words and advice. Hang in there girlie – I certainly know how you feel.

Sheila – how ya doing girlie? Hugs

later gaters,
cathy

macdeez
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
First and foremost...

Abirdee... You're doing fabulously! And although you may have reached a plateau, don't be discouraged, you will move pass it and once again, the scale will read differently! :goodscale I know it's hard... but try and focus on the fact that your clothes are fitting better, and that your friends have recognized your hard work! That's a remarkable result in itself! :bravo: Please don't go skipping meals... that won't do anything but put your body into "starvation mode". Keep up the great work... and remember we're all here for you... cheering you on each step of the way! :cheer:

Cathy... As always, your exercise is excellent! Just where do you get your energy from? ;)

Sunny... I hope you enjoyed the tailgate party lastnight! And that you have a wonderful time at the movies today! :) WTG on all that exercise this a.m., girl!

Kristi... Omigoodness, girl! You are on :flame: ! :D I'm totally impressed with all that exercise you've been getting in! Keep up the awesome work! :)

Sheila... I hope you're doing good... and staying OP! Take care of yourself!

Thanks girls, for the encouragement re: housework = exercise! I was feeling pretty low about skipping a day but now... well... not so much. :) Whenever the inlaws visit, I find myself feeling very anxious... very overwhelmed with the endless list of things that need to be done. Hubby's mother is quite critical... and as you can imagine, I do anything to forego the negative comments. Last time she visited (a year ago), I lost it on her (it was a long time coming) so I was esp. dreading her arrival yesterday. She got in before hubby got home and I was actually quite amazed at how "behaved" she was. Perhaps now that we're married, she finally understands that there's just no getting rid of me! :lol:

Amazingly enough, it's raining cats and dogs here! :rain: And, I just realized that DH forgot to take the stroller out of the truck before leaving for work, anyway. Grrr! Ah well... perhaps it'll clear up tonight and we can get out for our 4mi trek then. :crossed: Regardless, I'll get my strength-training in this a.m.! :)

Well ladies, I have to go get some clothes on my nekkid baby, but I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care!

~mel

Abirdee
08-05-2004, 02:04 PM
How can I get past my plateau, just keep doing what I'm doing and it will start back on its on or what?

lovnmom
08-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Cathy, I'm bumbed for you about your lost post. I totally hate when that happens! You're doing awesome girl. I'll get back to you on thesite I went to. It's called strump...something. I googled it, but didn't bookmark it. When you do your leg lifts how high off the ground do you lift? Do you hold them up for so many sec? Do you touch the ground on the downward move? I want to make sure I'm doing them correctly. Thanks for your input!! As for the Bible study. It's normally a part of my life, but I'd noticed it had slipped pretty good to almost gone this summer. I've studied each day of Aug minus the 1st. Take care lady!!...............Mel, Hang in there. We can do anything "short" term...........Sheila, You totally rock girl!!!!! You have 5 count them 1,2,3,4,..........5 flashing flowers!!! Big applause girly.

Kristi

cathyxxx
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Hey Kristi,

Is it stumptuous.com?

Hey I don't know if I'm doing the double leg lifts right or not, but what I do is lay flat on the floor, and then I put my hands up under my behind (don't know why but it takes the pressure off my back) I put my legs straight up in the air, like at 45 degree angle (oh wait is that a 90 degree angle, well I hope you know what i mean - I put my legs straight up in the air) :dizzy: to my body and then I slowly lower both legs down, and slowly left them back up. I don't touch the floor with my feet, but I go about an inch from the floor. I don't hold them for so many seconds, but I may start doing that at some point. For some reason, I find that always puts strain on my back, and I don't want to throw out my back doing these, and then end up not being about to walk or exercise.

hugs,
cathy

macdeez
08-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Kristi... I do the same leg-lifts as Cathy (with my hands under my tush) but start with my legs on the floor, lifting them to a 90 degree angle and down again. I find them to be a nice work-out for my abs! I usually do 2 sets of 25 reps. And am really pushing the last 5 or so. I also do single leg lifts (lying on my side), 70 on each side. It's a great work out for your inner and outter thighs. :)

Abirdee... re-reading your post, I agree with Sheila, having lost 2lbs just a few days ago probably doesn't = a plateau quite yet. Perhaps pick the same day each week to WI so you can monitor your loss better. Monday is my WI day and I find that it's quite a good incentive to keep me OP over the weekend. I also agree with what Sheila suggested for when you do plateau... change things up a bit. Add in strength-training. Or join an aqua-size class. Or just do more of what you were doing in the past.

My weight-loss has been slow... but consistent and while I'd love to be at my goal weight now, I know I'm doing things the healthy way in the meantime. Try and stay positive and from there, it'll be easier to stay on target.

12lbs in six short weeks in phenom! So be proud of that! Use that as a push to keep going! That's how I look at all my little accomplishments... "If I look this good in my size 11's, I'm going to look even better in my size 9's". This is a process... and what you've already achieved thus far is amazing! Keep up the great work! :D

Sheila... 10 miles this weekend! You go, girl! Your short-term goals sound awesome, and I'm sure you'll be reaping the rewards very soon! :D How are you liking your new TM?

Cathy... Do you have any other exercises/tips you could share? I'd really like to lose some of the chunk around my hips but don't know what to do to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Anyways gals, the inlaws came by immediately following my earlier post so my a.m. work-out has been pushed back until later tonight. And... I think the rain stopped so hopefully I can get out and enjoy my 4miles! I'd love to reach 24miles by Monday. That would put me 1/2 way to my Aug. goal! Wowzers! :)

I'll be back tomorrow! Yes, you've been warned! ;) But I hope you all have a wonderful evening! Type you later, ladies!

~mel

Abirdee
08-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Good Evening everyone,

I just wanted to THANK YOU ALL for being sooooo supportive. Since this morning I've read all the post and thought about it, and all of you are right. I think that myself and so many others have been through this and end up quitting. You don't have to worry about me, because as long as I have my SAVIOR, the ones that love me, and you guys supporting me how can I go wrong. Thanks to everyone for your comments.
By the way I walked 60 minutes yesterday on the treadmill, and about to do it again today. So everyone have a BLESSED night, from me and Elmo!

lovnmom
08-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi Cathy, yes, stumptuous.com it is. I don't feel she has the end all of lifting for me, but it was a nice place to start. I lifted in my mid 20's alot w/ my first husband. It was very different though, because we had alot of equipment. I could pick up any magazine or whatever and be able to do what they suggested. It's a whole new deal using just dumbells. Thanks for the info on the leg lifts. That's how I've benn doing them.......... Mel, You're doing great girl keep it up..........Abirdee, You're welcome. That's why we're here. To keep pushing and pulling each other to our finish lines!...........For today I'm planning 2.5 on the TM ( I've only been counting the 1's and 2's because the .5's are warm and cool downs. I want to count only when I'm working at 70-80% of my capacity ) 2 x 50 leg lifts......3 x 8 tricep w/ 10#.........3 x 8 lunges (yuch) w/ 20#.....I will have put in a good week this way and plan maybe just a liesurely bike ride with my children for tomorrow. My kids got into the act w/ th weights a little yesterday. I have some real tiny ones so it can't hurt them. They were so funny, but they totally got into the tiny bit of yoga I've added for stetching at the end. Who knows, maybe they will learn to exercise regular from me. That would be awesome! Have a great day ladies!

Kristi

8 miles
1 UB
1 LB
2 Mini Strength

macdeez
08-06-2004, 12:24 PM
G'morning ladies! :) I hope you're all off to a wonderful start today!

I managed to get my 4mi walk in lastnight and really enjoyed! It was fairly cool out... the perfect weather for walking, if you ask me. :)

I also got my strength-training in this morning and feel better for having done so. I usually do it about three days a week but find myself worrying about it when I don't find time to get it in. I've lost another inch on my tummy and hips so that's good and I can get my size 9's done up... although they're still a tad snug. I figure they'll be a perfect fit for when we go to Vancouver next month. So YAY for that! :)

I'm really liking my new-found confidence... I'm wearing clothes that I would never before have even thought to wear (shirts that cling closer to the waist and what have you). I've always suffered from low self-esteem and I'm quite amazed that I'm now able to hold my head up high. That, more than anything else, is what I was hoping to achieve from this whole process. I suppose if it didn't take such hard-work on our part, the end result wouldn't taste as sweet. It's all the accomplishments along the way that add up, making this journey such a rewarding one.

Wow... that was a bit of a tangent there. :dizzy:

Anyways ladies, I'll be back later this evening. Hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves!

~mel

lovnmom
08-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Good morning Mel, It's wonderful that you were able to get your walk in and have lost an inch off your waiste. Mine is down a 1/2 inch and as you mention it is VERY sweet. I had been at the same measurment for over a month and finally "boop" a little smaller. Yippee! I'm so glad to hear you sound so upbeat about yourself. The new awareness of your strengths and abilities that comes with this process is awesome to say the least. For myself, I know it's not in the smaller number on the scale or the smaller number on my pants, but rather the "wow" moments we experience. Like, "did I really run over here just now," or choosing to walk down later to get the mail rather than stopping at the end of the drive way when you pull in. That sort of thing. Realizing I'm doing things right now rather than putting them off. (except the dishes - I think I'll always put them off lol ) I'm not as much of a slug as I used to be. (talk about a tangent) Please share what kind of strength training you do. I'm sitting here right now and my abs are killing me (it feels so awesome lol ) ..................Today I'm planning a 1 mile @ 5 mph TM run followed by a 30 min tae-bo. Also hoping to take older kids to see "The Village", but I have no idea how long hubby will have to haul oats today. Have a great weekend ladies!

Kristi

9 miles
1 UB
1 LB
2 mini strength
1 tae-bo

cathyxxx
08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Good Morning Gang!

I did a 45 minute 3 mile WATP w/2lb weights this morning. Then I did 40 situps and 15 leg lifts.

August Miles = 11

hugs,
cathy

lovnmom
08-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Great job as always Cathy!!!..................Yesterday I changed my mind and ended up doing 1.5 miles and a 20 min Yoga tape. It felt really good. I hadn't done any yoga for a long time. This may possibly turn into my Sat. routine. What was really great about yesterday was how I started out giving my self a break, the break was to only go at a 5 mph pace for the 1 mile. 5 mph used to be pushing myself outside my comfort zone. Now it IS my comfort zone. I ended up doing equal amounts of the mile at 6 mph. My strength and endurance has far exceeded what I ever thought possible for me.Thanks for keeping me motivated! Today's plan...........The Richard Simmons "Blast Off" tape. It's a pretty low intensity 20 min tape then followed by a good upper body w/o. I NEED to feel strong today! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

9 miles
1 LB
2 UB
2 mini strength
1 yoga pm

macdeez
08-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Wow! Kristi you are kickin' some booty! Rock on! You sound so excited and motivated to get your exercise in! :D That's really awesome! And I know what you mean about "the wow moments"... all the small choices to get healthy really add up to a big success. As for my strength-training, I do double leg-lifts and single leg-lifts (as I mentioned in an above post), butterfly curls (I don't know if that's what they're called) for my arms, situps (ack!), and a 20min. pilates tape. I quite enjoy pilates since I find the movement relaxing yet challenging at the same time. :) How do you like tae-bo? I've been contemplating buying a tape, but not sure if I'm "there" yet in regards to stamina.

Cathy, as always you rock! I truly believe that all the effort you put in each day has helped me to get and stay motivated... as I'm sure goes for most of the ladies here! :)

Well, the inlaws left yesterday aft. so I'm back full-force! And quite happy that we're visitor-free so we can get back into our normal routine. :) Walked another 4mi lastnight and really enjoyed it! More so than usual, I think. Tomorrow night is WI and I'm curious as to how much I've lost in the last two weeks (since TOPS was cancelled last Monday). I have another 3 weeks until I reach Goal #1 and while I don't think I'll reach my intended loss, I'm pretty certain I'll come close... which is just fine with me! :)

As for today, we're heading to the mall to do some shopping and then if it stays nice, we'll make our way to the beach for a few hrs. Tonight we'll be sure to get another 4mi in! Yay for that! :)

Anyways girls, I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Take care of yourselves! Best of luck staying OP! :D

~mel

WNYmom
08-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Got in some walking today. Went to a car show and so far I have logged in almost 8000 steps. I know that's under what I should be striving for but it's twice what I have been doing just with every day stuff. My feet also hurt so I guess that's good. Also did loads of standing around talking to friends as well.

lovnmom
08-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Mel, Way to go getting right back in your routine. Sometimes when company or whatever gets in the way I can be tempted to take an extra day off. Like I "earned" it or something. That's awesome. Thanks too for all the encouragment. It means a lot to me. As for the tae-bo, I really like it. I try to do the punches as if I'm actually training rather than just going through the motions and it makes me feel really powerful and strong like. You can actually have a new tape sent each month. I've been tempted to order it, but that's a lot of cash. I can't quite justify it. My visitors wil be arriving tomorrow and Wed. My SIL is coming from Kansas and my BIL from NY city. I think something's been cooked up for my BD which is on Tues., because they rarely visit at the same time. Well, I had a great day. Me and 3 of the children rode our bikes to the park and stayed almost 2 hrs. When we got home I did my tape and hit the weights hard. Doing more exercises than planned. It felt great. Have a great night! TTYT.
Great job Janine!

Kristi

Abirdee
08-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Good Morning ladies,

Don't have a lot of time.....I had a really good weekend, I did not work out Friday, I walked 2 miles on Saturday (w/Elmo). I didn not work out yesterday, but will be back on track today. I also went to the mall this weekend and found that I down one pant size....(WOOOOHOOOOO)

I have to go, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and hope everyone has a
BLESSED DAY!

lovnmom
08-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Yippee for you Abirdee!!!!! That size smaller feels SOOOOOOOO good. Great job!.........Well, I had to clean the chix coupe for the first time today. Not nearly as bad a job as I had anticipated. It's very humid allready today so I know I'll be blowing the fan right at my hiney when I workout. I'm excited about my SIL's arrival today. She should be here by 7pm. Hopefully the temp will dip some and we can have a campfire going when she gets here..........Planning 2.5 miles on TM, some ab work and a couple leg exercises. Have a great OP day.

Kristi

11 miles
1 LB
2 UB
3 mini strength
1 yoga
1 aerobic

cathyxxx
08-09-2004, 11:36 AM

Sounds like everybody is doing so GOOD! and seeing results from all their efforts! I'm always anxious to get here and see what everybody is doing! YOU GALS ROCK!

I did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/3 lb weights this morning. Then I did 45 situps and 15 leg lifts.

August Miles = 13

hugs,
cathy

WNYmom
08-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Well, today was the last day I was able to swim. Tomorrow I can't because there isn't enough time between lessons and my #1 DS's orthodontist appy. Wed and Thurs there is no swim at all then Friday is their closing ceremonies so no family swim. Sat we leave for vacation. We are go to the beach so I hope to get in some AM walking. Not to sure about much swimming as the water is going to be cold. Last week the lake temp was only 70°F and this weather is not going to help.

macdeez
08-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Well girls, only a minute to post but I wanted to share my great news...

Tonight was WI and I'm down another 6lbs... so 10lbs in a month! :) Very very happy! I have another 11 to go before I reach my Labor Day goal and although I doubt I'll get there in time, I'm thinking I can probably pull another 5-6lbs off!

Oh, and yesterday Hubby and I went shopping and I bought a pair of pants to wear out on my birthday and they're a size 9! Now granted, they're a stretchier type fabric... but still! they're a size 9! :)

Well, I'll be on tomorrow! Hope you all had a happy and healthy day! :)

~mel

lovnmom
08-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi Cathy, As always you're doing awesome. I'm always so glad when you post. You help give me the umph I need to keep myself going..........Janine, The water may be cold, but you're on vacation, Yippee!!!!!! Enjoy!...........Mel, woohoo!!!!10# this month. That's so totally awesome and smaller pants in any fabric are STILL smaller pants and deserve applause. Your attitude sounds right on the money. 5-6 # your second month is a good goal. Expecting 10# each month can be asking yourself to give up more than anyone should have to. ( my opinion, not set in stone ) Enjoy your success. When is your B-D?.....................My B-D is today!!!! I'm 40 y/o today and I feel terrific. Well, I'd be better w/o TOM, but I still feel terrific. I had cake for brkfst yummy. My 10 y/o made cake with HOMEMADE frosting!!!!!! It was totally delicious. She applied white frosting (on warm cake) she used one of those big #1 candles and around it wrote # (big candle) MOM in green frosting. She had 4 plastic white doves along the top (from our anniversary cake) representing her and her siblings. All very beautiful. It'll be yrs before she fully understands what she did meant to me. Not only was it a wonderful thing for her to do, but it's the first B-D cake I remember having that I didn't get or make myself. The Lord has truly blessed me. Wish me an absolutely OFF P day. lol

9 miles
1 LB
2 UB
3 mini strength
1 yoga
1 aerobic

SunnyD57
08-10-2004, 11:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/RestTIme2.gif

Good Morning Gals! :wave:
I have been MIA lately --- just felt like I needed a break away from the computer this last few days... has anyone else ever felt like that? When I am away I miss everyone so, but then I feel overwhelmed with all I missed with you all.

*ABIRDEE*
I am so glad to see you are feeling better... I am so very sorry I wasn't there for you, but I see you were in good hands! And that you have done very well in your weight-loss (Awesome down 10 lbs in a month!!) and measurements :cp: You have worked so very hard ~ you deserve a huge *Pat-on-the-back*!!!!

I am fighting a plateau right now... I haven't lost one pound since June 11th, but I just keep on working out everyday in hopes to see results soon!! I must admit that on Saturday evening I cried really hard while washing my floors because I was so tired from watching my diet and working out and not seeing any results for it all. I feel better today, but sure would like to see the scale move down :( My hubby tells me that I look great, but... ... ...

I must say though... when everyone came to your rescue & I read it all on Sunday (the first chance I had to catch up with all the posts) it really helped me too. I needed to be reminded that all is not in vain. I will see results if I just keep on working out.

You *ALL* have done so well... :bravo:

I see that you have lost weight too *JANINE* !
WoW!!! Down 10 lbs too --- I am so happy for you :goodvibes
I bet you are really going to miss your swimming... you go and have a good time on the beach!!!
You might be surprised and be able to get in a swim or two. And as far as walking on the beach... it's great exercise!
Come back and fill us in on your trip... have fun!!!!!

*MEL*
You changed your avatar... cute!
Suits you with all that you have lost too! :bravo: going down another size :cp: and down 10#'s! Awesome job!!!!!

The movie "I, Robot" was okay... I would give it a B in effects but a C- with the story... it was okay, but I would wait to see it on DVD or Video. I also went to see "The Village" yesterday... I liked that one, but it's very very slow moving. More of a thinking movie. If I were to give it a rating I'd rate it a B- to a C+ --- it's not like his movie "The Sixth Sense" which I gave a A. I had the Village figured out in the first 20 minutes or so but wanted to see where he was taking it. It is more of a mix between "The Blair Witch Project" and "Rear Window" when it comes to suspense. Do you like going to movies??? I really enjoy movies... especially when they are suspense, thrillers or action films. But I also enjoy the romance of classic films.

*SHEILA*
You were so supportive of Abirdee and knew exactly what to say... you are awesome girl! And doing so wonderfully in every aspect of your life. Keep it up (!) whatever you are doing cuz it really agrees with you!!!

*CATHY*
Thanks... I am so glad this roof is all done now... what a relief. The tailgate party was great and the weather was good right up to the game and then 20 minutes into the game we had a rain shower that lasted about 30 minutes and they had to delay the game. Everyone was soaked to the bone. My hubby and his buddy went back to the jeep to get our poncho's, but all that did was seal in the wet clothes... yucky! But it did stop raining and we won the game!!! We even saw a grand slam!!! Score 10-2. The teams were Lake County Captains (OH) and a North Carolina Team... all in all it was a fun night, but it took me a good couple hours under my ele. blanket to get the chills out of my bones :lol:

And *KRISTI*
Check out the next post ;)

Later gals...

JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 10.50

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 4 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
08-10-2004, 11:58 AM
*HaPpY BiRtHdAy to YoU, KrIsTi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/Animation04s.gif

I sure do hope you have a day FILLED with Love and with Joy...
May all you wishes come true!!! :grouphug: It sure sounds like your beautiful daughter gave your special day a great start!!
What a wonderful memory for you on your 40th :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/Birthday8.gif

Loves & {{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez
08-10-2004, 12:02 PM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTI!!!

:D :cb: :cp: :hb: :gift: :hat: :queen: :hat: :gift: :hb: :cp: :cb: :D

I really hope you have a wonderful 40th birthday, girl! Sounds as though you're already off to a great start, what with that lovely cake your DD made for you! What a precious little one you have! :) I only hope my Meleigha grows into be such a thoughtful person! :) We'll all be thinking of you today and sending you the very best birthday wishes!!! Enjoy your special day! :)

~mel

SunnyD57
08-10-2004, 12:09 PM
*MEL*
I just noticed that you have walked over 31 Miles so far this month! :o I will never be able to catch up with you :dizzy: You are burnnin' rubber girl!!!

***Woo Hoo*** for you!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx
08-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu

Happy Birthday dear Kristiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

THE BIG 4 0! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

Have a great day!

hugs,
cathy

macdeez
08-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Well girls, I'm glad to hear that you are all keeping well! :)

Cathy... You are so inspiring! Your hardcore effort seriously amazes me! Keep up the awesome work! :)

Janine... I hope you have a wonderful time on vacation! :) Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back! Have a safe trip!

Kristi... I really hope you have a great day today! Very best wishes sent your way! :) I agree, another 10lb loss would probably be putting far too much pressure on myself and that's a road I don't want to go down. I'm happy with any loss right now... be it a half a pound or five. It all adds up, right? :) My birthday is Labor Day weekend... hence the goal... but more than anything I was striving to fit into a size 9 by that time. And I already do... so it's all good! :)

Sheila... I hope you are doing ok... and staying OP! Hope to hear from you very soon! :) Take care of yourself!

Sunny... I'm sorry to hear that you've hit a plateau and that you weren't feeling well on Sunday. *Hugs* You're right, all is not in vain. We are all here for you... just like you're always here for us! :) You're always so quick to pat us on the back for our hardwork and accomplishments... but you definitely deserve to be pat on the back as well... for sticking with this process! You will soon move past this plateau and continue moving toward your goal weight! Keep up the awesome work, girl! :) I'm glad to hear you got out to enjoy a couple movies over the last week... since having Meleigha, I haven't been able to go out to the theatre. We are planning a little evening trip up to a nearby town to the drive-in movie... once they show something we're interested in watching. I figure it's probably the only way we'll get to watch something on a big screen without having to pay an arm and a leg for a babysitter. :smug:

Today should be ok... going to get my strength-training in this a.m. and my 4mi tonight (between watching Outback Jack and The Amazing Race). <--- I'm a reality TV addict! :lol: Hoping to get another 16 miles in before next Monday (not including tonight's walk). So we'll see...! :)

Anyways gals, I've got to go get my morning exercise in! I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care ladies! :)

~mel

SunnyD57
08-10-2004, 04:59 PM
*MEL*
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! :goodvibes

Just something I want to share with you: Yesterday when I went to the movies I went for the first time ever *alone* ~ it was kind of a rewarding feeling to do that. I have always had someone to go with (family or a friend), but this time everyone was busy and I really wanted to get out and go, so I did. I enjoyed brief chats with people I didn't know and just being. I think I am going to do that more often :) It would have been fun to go with someone, but that cannot always be. So I have spent many a day home alone in the past instead of going out shopping or to a movie --- so it was quite a step for me. Most of my friends have their children (now grown - I am 47 ;) ) to go to lunch with or shopping or to a movie. That is one of many the downsides of not being able to have children... it can be very lonely in the years you would enjoy them as adults (not to mention enjoying their childhood and watching them as they grow). You are very blessed... and you will go to movies soon enough. In the meantime, just enjoy that precious child of yours :^: Besides... the movies today go into DVD or Video soooo fast --- it seems almost wasteful to go to the threatre today. If I didn't go in the afternoon for $5.00 I wouldn't have gone at all... Joe & I usually rent DVD's for $1.99 :D Thanks for letting me share :smug:

Oh... me toooo... I watch reality TV too. A few.
My favs are *Survivor* and *The Amazing Race*

Have a nice evening walk, Mel...
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez
08-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Well girls, today was good in terms of exercise... five miles of walking tonight as well as strength-training this morning... food, however, is another story altogether. I found myself snacking pretty well all day long... not on unhealthy food... but not on fruits and veggies either. I still managed to stay at 1000 cals and my fat intake is only at 17g but I feel as though I mowed down continuously. Boredom perhaps...? Hmmm. Quite possibly.

I'm not going to beat myself up about it... will just try to do better tomorrow. :)

Sunny, no need to thank me, girl... seriously. We're all beside you on this journey and I just wanted to remind you of that! :) Good for you for going to the movies by yourself... it's often more peaceful to do things solo! :) I actually enjoy renting movies far more than going out to the theatre... I can snuggle up with DH... all cozy-like in my pjams. And I don't have to spend $3 on a bottle of water! ;) I am looking forward to taking Meleigha to the movies when she's old enough, but in the meantime, I just enjoy each stage she's at. As I said, we've been talking about going to the drive-in once The Bourne Supremacy comes in. I have fond memories of my parents taking me in my footed fuzzy jammies to the drive-in... sharing tubs of popcorn with my sister... and falling asleep in the back of the car. Good times, good times! :) That's what family is all about, isn't it?

Geez, what's with me and my ridiculous tangents?! ;)

Anyways girls, I really hope you all had a wonderful day (esp. you, Kristi!!!)! Take care of yourselves and have a great night! Type you all tomorrow!

~mel

cathyxxx
08-11-2004, 09:26 AM

I'm rushing......but wanted to post my exercise.

I did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP, and then 45 situps and 20 double leg lifts.

August Miles = 15

hugs, Cathy

MichelleRae
08-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Happy birthday Kristi I hope you had a wonderful day!! :hb: :balloons:

you are all doing wonderful!!
just a quick drive by for me I have soo much going on hubby has his vasectomy on friday and start renovations on saturday!!

I miss you all!!
Michelle

macdeez
08-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Well just a quick post today...

Got my strength-training in again this a.m... and feel better having done so. Don't feel so bad about yesterday's snacking. Meleigha was too cute this morning... while I was doing my leg-lifts, she got down on the floor and snuggled right up to me... helped to keep going strong! :) Then I was done, she said "It's my turn, Mommy" and proceeded to copy me! Very sweet! :)

Will get my 4mi in again tonight... and perhaps some swimming this afternoon. Hubby went in to work early today and was hoping to skip out shortly after lunch, so if that's the case, we'll be heading to the beach. :)

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day! :) Take care of yourselves! Type you later...!

~mel

SunnyD57
08-11-2004, 05:12 PM
:wave: Hey there everyone,

I just got a call from the Cleveland Clinic and Joe's appointment for his Sleep Study has been rescheduled for the 22nd of August. Their computers are down, can you believe it... everyone is having problems these days with the computers. I am kinda glad that he has been rescheduled even though he wanted to go and get it done. It is such a pretty evening - our weather is perfect, so I am glad he'll be home with me. He is rescheduled for a Sunday night which I think is much better.

*~*~*

*MEL*
You are doing a great job with your exercise... you much be on :cloud9: these days and deservedly so. I did manage to get in 2.5 miles so far today and am hoping to get in another mile or two this evening...

And I love it when you go on your 'so-called' tangents :)
Compared to my bantering on :D... you are fun to read ;) And I DID have a good day today --- hope yours was good too!

*MICHELLE*
Good to see you...
Prayers that all goes well with your hubby's surgery on Friday and all the renovations beginning on Sat. Allot going on there, huh :dizzy:

*Wishing you well*

*CATHY*
It's always good to see you! I hope that other then your exercising you are doing well. It looks like you are very busy these days too. This time of year is great for beginning projects of all kinds.

Hope that ~ALL YOU GALS~ had a great OP Day today!!!

*~*~*

Gotta be going now...
Joe will be home soon from his sisters (getting a hair cut). I am going to make an easy dinner tonight - a Balsamic Salad with Romaine, Mushrooms, Red Onion & Romano Cheese on top with slices of steak that has been grilled --- yummy and filling! I love Salad nights and I feel so good the next morning.

Later...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez
08-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Well no swimming today... although hubby did come home from work early! By the time he got home it was time for DD to go for her nap so Tavis and I just enjoyed a quiet afternoon together. Very nice!

In lieu of aquatic exercise, I did a 20min jog... which really got me huffin' and puffin'. Felt great though! And we did another 4mi walk tonight... although it took slightly longer than usual as my poor feet are again covered in blisters. *Sigh* Looks like another trip to the pedotrist is in order. :(

Food was much better today and I feel much better for having stayed on target. Even though I said I wouldn't beat myself up over yesterday's constant-snacking, I found myself feeling slightly guitly for chowin' down. Ah well... lesson learned, I guess. And I made up for it today with three rounds of exercise (strength-training, jogging and walking).

I hope you all had a great day as well! :)

Sunny... Glad to hear that Joe's appt. was moved to a day that fits your schedule better! Definitely let us know how it goes on the 22nd. :) Glad to hear that you got a good bit of walking in today! Keep up the fabulous work, girl! :D As for your "banter", I love it all! I really look forward to reading your posts... so banter away! :)

Michelle... Wow, sure looks like a busy week for you what with your hubby's procedure and reno's! I hope you are keeping well and staying OP! We're all thinking of you! :)

Cathy... I hope you are keeping well! You sure are doing fabulously with your exercise! Keep up the great work, girl! :D

Anyways, I've got to go tuck my little one into bed now, but take care ladies! Type you all tomorrow! G'nite! :)

~mel

CutieCourt
08-12-2004, 04:19 AM
I know im starting late in the month but its never to late to make a goal and reach it! Okie dokie girlies! Going for 40 miles! I dont really know anyone in this room...So helllllllllllllloooooooo! Im Courtney..hehe. Goodmorning and happy walking =*) Ill post more this afternoon when i get finished exercising and working..lol. :lol: Have a grrrrrreat day!!!!!

-Courtney

SunnyD57
08-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Good Morning Gals!! :coffee2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Welcome/Welcome8.gif *COURTNEY*
It's never too late to begin anything... you have plenty of time to get in 40 miles.
Have you been walking or are you just beginning?

Could you tell us a bit about yourself? Single, married, family...?
It is always great to have a someone new join in and you have such a cherry tone to your post ;)

Hey there *MEL*
Whew... :stars: :tired: just thinking of all you did yesterday! No wonder your poor feet are blistered :sorry: I sure do hope that you can find out what to do to make them feel better. Is it the shoes? Or maybe you are not giving yourself enough rest time... I do know of some runners that have 2 - 3 pairs of shoes and they change them out for each exercise session and that seems to stave off foot fatigue & blisters. Maybe that would help :shrug:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/CarebearWooHooJennie2Dvi.gif to you for all you accomplished yesterday!
I never did get in that extra walking last night. When Joe came home we spent the evening on the sofa talking and watching some A&E TV :smug:

*~*~*

I will catch you all later after I get finished with Curves and putting in a couple miles :)

:flow1: Have a great OP Day Gals!!! :flow1:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez
08-12-2004, 11:36 AM
G'morning ladies! I hope you're all off to a great start today! :)

Courtney... Looking forward to hearing more about you! :) You'll find a great bunch of girls here... this is one heckava motivating thread! As Sunny said, you have lots of time to get your Aug. goal in... and we'll all be here cheering you on! Best of luck in your weight loss journey!

Sunny... Sounds like you had a nice relaxing evening with Joe! That's really great! A&E has such good programs... time well spent! ;) Good for you for heading to Curves this morning and getting your miles in! You're going to move past that plateau in no time! :) Not really sure what I can do about my blisters... my arches have slowly been falling and I walk more on the inside of my foot than level which obviously increases rubbing against the shoe. It doesn't really matter what shoes I wear, I seem to get blisters regardless and upon my first visit to the pedotrist, he gasped and said that in his 20yrs of practicing he had never seen a case so severe. Ah well... guess it's time to go back and try something else.

As for me, I'm taking a day off. I've exercised 5 days in a row and need a break. My feet are hella sore and what's worse is I think we're all on our way to getting summer colds! Bleh! DD woke this morning very stuffed up... DH has a scratchy thoat... and I've been coughin' a little bit. I hate summer colds. <--- Not that I expect that anyone enjoys them! ;) I'll be back OP tomorrow... even if it's just for a walk.

Well, I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves!

~mel

SunnyD57
08-12-2004, 12:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/GroupHug1.gif

Where is everyone these days :?:
*ABIRDEE * WENDY * KRISTI * CATHY * SHEILA * LYNNE * CRISTI * PSIGRL * BRENDA * MELISSA * JANINE * VICKI * MICHELLE RAE *
and anyone else I may have accidently forgotten...

I miss you ALL!

*MEL*
Take that rest - you deserve it so!!! Hope that whatever you feel you & DD are getting that you both get over it real fast ;)

When you went to the pediatrist and he saw the blisters, was there nothing he could do to help you? :?: ? I have a friend that is being fitted for shoe insert to correct her feet because of the pain she has been in. Could your pediatrist get those for you? It almost sounds like the shoes are not fitting your foot properly because you foot is needing an insert to correct the position. I do hope that you feet feel better real soon... it's just not right that you have such pain.

Well, back to chores...
Later,

JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 15.0

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 5 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

WNYmom
08-12-2004, 06:44 PM
I am just popping in Sunny. I am so busy with the end of swim, getting ready for vacation and car shows. I just haven't posted cuz there isn't anything new to post.

CutieCourt
08-13-2004, 03:53 AM
Hey everyone its meee! :D I post kinda late..lol..because my day starts midday then i stay up all night and do it all over again. A little about myself! Im single....but dating someone that ive been dating for almost 2 years. NO WEDDING BELLS ANYTIME SOON..lol. Trust me on that one. Im 20..my birthday is the 25th of august...yay! Ill be 21! Something to celebrate. Wont be a complete kid anymore! I use to be really active in high school, and even after school i played soccer on a league. Well ive been out of school since 01' and welll, the pounds are slowly racking up. I want to stop a problem before it becomes a big one. lol...not that it isnt already.
Ive had a gym membership since may of 03' i wanted a change, but realized i didnt use it that much. I got one of my friends to join awhile back and i called her up and well we went tonight and are going to be up REALLY early in the morning at 6:45 (wow i have about 4 hours now) :coffee: haha...ive decided that i need a change and well shes paying for the same membership so she wanted a change too and theres nothing better than having a partner in crime. Today was 6 miles. Oh yeah i guess that means im not a beginner at walking..lol...to answer that question. I use to be a runner, but..not anymore...start out small then move up to bigger things. Walking suits me just fine!!!!
when you bring someone with you to workout its crazy how things just go by when youre talking and having a goodtime!
I need to lose 30 pounds, i weighed myself tonight and realized i gained 6 more...ahhh! It is fixing to be (that time of the month) so im going to see what happens after next week..hopefully those pounds will be gone. Umm. Lets see...is there anything else. hmmm. I have no pets or kids and i work fulltime and go to school fulltime. I dont live at home and support myself fully.....so im here...working on a challenge..trying to better myself while i can...hehe...and want too. I just need to find an exercise routine and stick with it. My problem is i get unmotived and quit...this time I WANT TO BE DIFFERENT!!!! I love theater and musicals and would love to live in New york but i guess texas will do for now. I Will lose 30 pounds even if i have to chop off a leg...but then i think..wow i really need that..lol. Goodmorning ladies..

40 - 6 = 34 miles to go! Woooohooo!!!!

-Courtney :lol:

macdeez
08-13-2004, 11:12 AM
Yesterday was definitely an "off day"... stayed on target with food but didn't get any exercise in. We were about to go for our 4mi when hubby decided to sit down in front of the comp. and type out an email (which seems to take him forever and a day to get just a couple of paragraphs out) so by the time he was finished, I had lost all interest in going. Blah. So I snuggled up in bed and watched a movie.

Today I will do my strength-training and see how I'm feeling afterward... if all is ok, I'll go for a 20min jog. And I definitely have to get my 4mi in tonight! Perhaps we'll go as soon as hubby gets home from work so we can watch the opening ceremonies...! Now there's an idea! :)

Sunny... The pedotrist did make clay models of my feet and fit me for supports and they help somewhat... but I think it has more to do with the way I walk. I've always walked more on the inside of my foot (I remember when I was about 7 y/o, I just about wore out the inside portion of the sole of my sandals :lol: ) and it doesn't matter what shoes I wear. It's the strangest thing! :?: Ah well. So how's everything going in your neck of the woods?

Courtney... Glad to hear that you have a friend to work out with... it definitely helps to pass the time! And let's face it, it's far more fun! :) Sounds as though you have your hands full with working and going to school full-time! :dizzy: There just aren't enough hrs in the day, are there? ;) Good for you for getting 6mi in yesterday... you are on your way to meeting your Aug. goal! Yay for that! :) Keep up the fantastic work!

Janine... I really hope you have a great time on vaca! Have a safe trip! :)

To everyone else... a big hello! :wave:

I hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Take care ladies! :)

~mel

PS/ Where's Kristi??? I'm dying to know how her birthday went! :)

SunnyD57
08-13-2004, 03:27 PM
:wave: Hi *JANINE * COURTNEY * & * MEL* :wave:

Joe is going for his Sleep Study THIS Sunday (8-15) now... they called me this afternoon to move it up a week. Both Joe & I didn't mind, we want it to be done already.

Janine ~ Sunday after church Joe & I are going to a Car Show around our town square... there will be vintage & collectable cars from the 40's, 50's 60's & 70's there with the bands playing oldies... I cannot wait!!!! It is my favorite thing to do and I just love talking to the owners of the cars and learning about all they had to do. Looks like we may have some good weather too --- in the low 70's and sunny, yeah :cp: What kind of car do you show? What year? Have a wonderful time on vacation!!!

Courtney ~ Thanks for sharing ;) I enjoyed reading your post :)

You mentioned that you want to lose 30#'s that's about what I have left to lose and what a struggle it's been! I work out 5 - 6 days a week and still no more wt-loss since 6-11-04... not to mention I am so very careful about the foods I eat, I am on such a restricted program with this IBS & a spastic colon (such pain when they flare!). I think that sometimes the exercise causes the flare-up, but I am just gonna keep on truckin' and hopefully soon I will see some results in wt-loss. I must admit that I do see a positive difference in my shape :D

You love theatre and musicals :yes: - so do we (my hubby & I)! Joe has been in allot of plays in the small theatres here where we live - he is so very talented. My Joe also sings for Weddings too... he has a beautiful tenor voice. Right now he has slowed up on the plays because his job demands so much of his time and plays take up weekday evenings in rehearsals, not to mention weekends... and when the show begins, well... ... you know. So till he retires (only 3 more years to go) he can get back into doing more theatre again. I know he misses it. Are you doing theatre now?

Mel ~ My neck of the woods are very quiet today... can't go outdoors because it's :rain: raining, so I have been on the computer on and off most the day. I have *numb-butt* :dz: from sitting here so much today :rolleyes: :lol:

Tomorrow Joe & I are going out for breakfast together & then we are going to a 50th Anniversary at around 2 till ? --- it'll be fun, especially since it is being held outdoors and the weather is trying to clear. They are calling for cool and sunny over the weekend (I hope!!!). And Sunday afternoon we are going to a Car Show in town (*note my post to Janine above)... I cannot wait! I love going to old car shows! And Sunday evening Joe will be going for his Sleep Study @ 8:30pm and I won't see him all night :(

You??? What are you and your family up to this weekend?

Me toooo!!!! *KRISTI*
Where are you????????????????
We want to know all about your 40th Birthday week!!
Come back soon!

*~*~*

No miles for me today... I just went to Curves this morning.

Take Care everyone & have a wonderful weekend! :goodvibes !
Much Luvs,

JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 13.0

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 6 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

WNYmom
08-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Sunny, we have 2 cars we show. One is a 1967 Olds 442 convertable which is stock the other is a 1972 Chevy Vega Kammback Wagon which is modified with a blower, NOS, roll cage just to name a few. I drive the Olds and DH drives the Chevy.

macdeez
08-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Well today *looks at clock* errrr... yesterday was good both in terms of food and exercise. However, I'm totally unable to sleep... prolly a side effect of arguing with DH all evening long. Bleh. He pulled some very typical male-stunt which put me into a major funk. Now he's sawing logs while I'm totally restless... which, no doubt, makes me even more upset. Men! :dizzy:

I got all intended exercise in... strength-training... 20min jog... and a 4mi walk. Needless to say, my legs are killin' me! But oddly enough, it's a good pain! The type where although you look like you've rode a donkey for a month straight, is well worth the agony! :lol: The things we do to look good, hey? ;)

I have another 8mi to get in by Monday and will be getting half of that in tomorrow night... providing I can walk upright! ;) Then another 4mi on Sunday. The weather should be nice all weekend long so it looks like we'll be taking DD to the beach... providing we're on speaking terms! :lol:

WI on Monday night should hopefully show some more results... I've decided to take my measurements every Friday and am down an inch on my waist and arms and half an inch on my hips... so we're moving in the right direction there. I started out with 15 combined inches that I wanted to lose... so I only have another 12.5 to go! We'll get there eventually! :)

I found out tonight that one of my closest girlfriends had a baby girl this morning! :bb: So that's obviously great news! She weighed in at 8lbs even... and was 5 weeks early! :D I used to look after her two boys when they were small (they're now ages 7 and 10), so it's pretty exciting to be a part of another of her children's lives! She should be home from the hospital by Monday or Tuesday and once she's settled in at home, I'll stop over. I just can't wait to see them! :)

Anyways girls, I've gotta go finish my fitday.com journalling so I'm headin' out for tonight. I'll be back in the morning though! Hope you all have a great night! Sleep tight!

~mel

cathyxxx
08-14-2004, 12:18 PM

Sorry I haven't been around the past 2 days, have been tied up with family.

Today I didn't get to walk but I cleaned house for over 4 hours, so that is my exercise for today. Yes it counts. :yes: I am ringing wet from all this hard work, and fixing to take a nice long bath and relax before I start supper later, and then work on my sunday school lesson for my new 12th grade girls tomorrow morning.

Hope everybody is having a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy

macdeez
08-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Well DH has been suckin' up all day long... good on him! ;) We enjoyed another 4mi tonight which puts me at 28mi for the week! How fricken awesome is that?! Indeed, I'm quite proud of myself! :)

Tomorrow we'll be heading to the beach as planned... so I'm hoping both to even out my tan and to get some decent amt. of swimming in. Then we'll finish the day off with another 4mi. :)

I hope you all are having an awesome weekend! Take care of yourselves and I'll be back tomorrow evening!

~mel

PS/ Sunny: Good luck to Joe at his sleep study tomorrow! :) I'll be thinking of you both!

cathyxxx
08-15-2004, 03:52 PM
WOW MEL! I am so impressed! how in the world do you walk that much during the week! all I can say is WOW WOW WOW! you are doing awesome! you have almost walked 50 miles already! dang girl! you would be in another town by now! ;)

hugs,
cathy

Abirdee
08-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I know I haven't posted anything in a few days, but I have been sooooo busy.
I got a promotion at work and you know with a promo it means more work.
I had a really good weekend, my husband and I cheated on Saturday we had a Grab Bag of Doritios, a Brownie, and an Oatmel pie (Little Debbie). Later that evening we worked out like mad people. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 2.5 more pounds so that brings my total to 14.5 pounds since 06/21/04. Thank all of you for your support once again, your encourging words really helped. Well I haven't had time to catch up on all the post, but I thought I needed to drop a few lines to let you know I haven't fell off! Everyone have a BLESSED DAY!

SW-290
CW-275.5
GW-185

:lol: ;) :dizzy: :D :) :smug:

macdeez
08-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Hey ladies! I hope you are all off to a great start this week! Definitely sounds like Abirdee is! :) Congrats on the loss! :) That's terrific! :)

Did ok yesterday... although I spent most of the day in bed. :( I'm not sure what's going on, but for the last couple weeks, I've been having spells of severe nausia and dizziness. I thought at first that it was due to the heat... but then we experienced several days of cooler temps and still no improvement. I'm going to the clinic tonight after my TOPS meeting and hopefully the dr. will have some answers for me. :crossed:

I'm a little nervous about WI tonight... I was hoping to feel confident about it but I think I snacked a little too much. Blah. I guess we'll see.

Managed to get a couple miles in lastnight... but poor hubby seems to be suffering from the same symptoms as I've been, so we cut it short. Will try and get some strength-training in this morning... see how I feel. At the very least, I will get my miles in tonight though.

Thanks Cathy for all your encouragement... I'm not sure how I manage to get so much walking in... we stick to the same route (down by the lake and through down town) so it doesn't really seem like exercise. That being said, we're drenched with sweat by the time we get home... but having DH there really helps to pass the time... makes the hr go by real quick! :)

Anyways girls, I should take off for now... but I really hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Take care of yourselves!

~mel

cathyxxx
08-17-2004, 10:22 AM

I got up early and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights, along with 50 situps and 15 double left lifts.

August Miles = 17

I'm behind on my goal but I'm pluggin along. :tread:

Hope everybody has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy

lovnmom
08-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Good morning ladies :coffee: The first thing I want to say is :thanks: for the many :gift: :hb: wishes. That was so sweet. Cathy, you have a terrific voice. I could tell by the way you typed HB sooooo well. ;) I have read all the posts I missed and will respond individually, but first I have to tell you about my BD.............I had told you my SIL was coming home from KS. It ends up my DH had asked her to come home to babysit. I spent my BD just hanging out with her, my niece, and my 2 great nieces. The day was going along really plesent when my DH peeked in the house and just nodded at the other ladies. I was confused :?: , but not for long. Both women jumped up and told me I had to start packing. :?: again. These lovely ladies wouldn't share anything with me except what kind of clothes I could pack or not pack. :rolleyes: is what I got when trying to pack clothes I would normally wear. Finally they picked a real :devil: little number I hadn't worn all year. Finally, DH and I are in the car heading east on I94 and he's still :ziplip: We reach Madison, WI and I'm still no more the wiser than when we started. Sorry, long story shorter.........we ended up at the "Concourse on the Square" it's a very nice old hotel downtown on the square. My DH had gotten us a room on the 11th floor. We needed to key the "gold elevator" to get to our room. We were treated to all the amenities, beautiful robes, turn down service (complete with yummy mints ), and access to the "Governors Lounge" It was a very cozy :cofdate: little club. Small bar, couches, fireplace, small tables set by large plate glass windows with a view of the capitol. At night all lit up it was just gorgeous. Of course the horsdeovers and top shelf drinks were complimentary with the room. :cheers: It was awesome. We had dinner in the hotel bistro. Delishes scallpos and shrimp :eating2: We spent the whole eve with eyes only for eachother :love: He even had hidden a beautiful boquet of roses in the trunk. I was so surprised I about :faint: dead away. You have to realize my Dh is not into fancy at all nor does he like to spend money that doesn't need to be spent. This was definitely a night planned for me. The next morning we picked up his brother from the Madison airport. He had flown in from NY, NY. So I felt pretty special. I was "very nice" to DH at the hotel and he told my BIL that he'd had so much fun he thought it was his BD. Brothers! They thought that was great. The rest of my week was filled with cookouts, movies, and shopping. Both SIL and BIL have now flown home and life is back to normal. I'll post to each of you a little later. Just a little not a week. I missed you all. You're doing awesome!

Kristi

As you can see by my CW I celebrated way too much!!!

lovnmom
08-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Ok, chores are done and my Bd has been talked about. Back to the matters of friendship and weightloss!!! After being gone from you all for a week and after putting on 6# I almost wasn't brave enough to come back, buuuuut you all have been such good supportive friends I knew I had to come back. This is the point with other threads I've left and started to regain. I'm not going to let that happen this yr. Once again I say a huge THANK YOU for being the great group of ladies you are. That said....Sheila, thanks so much for all the great BD wishes and the PM. You're a great gal. Hope to see a post from you soon!!!!............Sunny, Totally loved the PoOh. The upper and lower case type was not lost on me. I'm sorry to hear you are at a plateau. We will fight this fall winter thing together and get be on track just like we have been. My prayers are out there for you and Joe. I truly hope they can find something from this study that will help him. I'm sure your plateau has something to do with your worry for him. You're such a close loving couple it has to be affecting you as well. Hang in there lovely lady. ( I've only gone to 2 movies alone and I really love it )............Mel, I thank you as well for the lovely BD wish and your concern over my absence. It's always so nice to be missed. I hope your new supports can help with the blisters. My heart really goes out to you. I completely hate it when my tootsies are sore. It affects EVERYTHING. I was sorry to read your DH can be "such a man", but smiled to see he was towing the mark the next day!! Good for him! Praying both of you are feeling better soon. We too will have a new baby in the family come April. Aren't they terrific?!............Cathy, Oh you sing H-B so beautiful!!! Thank you sooooo much. How is your S.S. class going? I got all our curriculum ordered last week. I found a lectionary based program I think will be good for the children plus easy for the teachers to use. I wrote my info letters for my SS teachers and will be sending them tomorrow. My exercise went capoot this week, but I have completed my Bible study. Priorities!?!? You're doing terrific as always. Keep it up!...............Michelle, Thanks for the BD well wishes. Prayers are going out that hubbies snip job goes a-ok. Take care!...............Janine, Nice vehics!.............Abirdee, Huge congrats all the way around. A promo at work and terrific weightloss as well. WTG!!! It's been fun getting to know you. Supprting your efforts has been my pleasure!.............Last but in no way least..........Welcome to you Courtney. Thanks for sharing about yourself. You've joined a great group of gals here (as I'm sure you've allready realized) It's very wise of you to make the decision at your age to lose those first unwanted pounds. Waiting until you're in your 30's or 40's with children is not a good idea. Learn new behaviors now when you're young and carry them through your adult life. You'll live not only longer but healthier and happier!!! Wishing you many OP days!!!...............Well, I'm off to do my first miles in a week. I'm planning 2. Wish me luck!!!

Kristi

Abirdee
08-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Morning,

I hope everyone is having a good day so far....I'm kind of tired today, I went home from work yesterday cooked dinner, cleaned up, walked 3.5 miles on the TM, and cleaned up some more. My husband was like you cooking on a Monday (oh I forgot your birthday is Sunday).... :lol: I didn't get in the bed until about 12:30....Question: has anyone ever worked out with the exercise ball? And how much weight does that thing hold, I don't want to get on and it goes flat like a pancake :lol: I hope everyone has a BLESSED day.

macdeez
08-17-2004, 01:00 PM
A HUGE welcome back to Kristi!!! I'm sooooooooooooo! glad you had such a lovely birthday!!! And how very sweet of your DH to pull out all the stops for you -- you certainly deserve it, girl! :) As for the weight-gain, with all your busy-bee activities, I'm sure you'll lose it in no time! Way to get right back on plan with getting your miles in today! ~ Thanks for your concern about my blisters... they seem to be healing again so I'm hoping they'll stay at bay for awhile. :crossed: I guess we shall see.

Cathy, do you notice a better work out with the wrist-weights? I've been contemplating using them on my nightly walks. Congrats on your daily workout... you are doing fabulously for the month! :)

Abirdee, congrats on the job promotion! And the weightloss! And good work getting those miles in yesterday!

Sunny, I'm hoping all went well at Joe's sleep study! Definitely let us know how it went, ok? Hope you are keeping well and taking care of yourself! :)

As for me, well, call it women's intuition, but I was right to worry about lastnight's WI... I'm up 1.5lbs from last week. :( Melissa = very unhappy. That being said, I'm trying to use this gain as a "lesson learned" and will focus more this week. Lastnight after my TOPS meeting, DH, DD and I went for a 5mi walk... and I really enjoyed the pace we were at. Usually it takes us an hr to walk 4mi... but it still took us the same amt. of time to walk the extra distance. This morning I got in my strength-training and a 20min jog which will be followed up by another 5mi tonight. :) So instead of sulking about the gain, I have to pull up my socks and get to it... and hopefully next Monday I'll be down what I've gained.

Anyways not much else on the go today... just trying to stay cool. Yesterday marked the 1yr anniversary since the start of the forest fire that affected our city (nearly 250 homes lost - 30,000 ppl or 1/3 of our city's population evacuated). And after checking out a local website, I was reminded of the horror we faced. But with so many wild fires burning in our province right now, Kelowna residents are a little on edge that it could happen again. Check out the pictures if you have time, they are quite an amazing look into how disasterous Mother Nature can be (Aug. 22nd has the most powerful pictures)
Okanagan Mountain Fire (http://castanet.firewatch.net/firepics2/firepics2/)

Anyways ladies, I must be off... a tonne of chores to get done this morning. But I hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Talk to you all very soon!

~mel

SunnyD57
08-17-2004, 03:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/misc431.jpg

Well, well, well... it's *KRISTI* :flow2:
Welcome back... and what wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like DH outdid himself for your 40th --- what a sweetie :love: you have... I just couldn't be happier for you! Just as the others have stated, it couldn't have happened to anyone sweeter and more deserving. Yeah :cp:

Sounds good to me, Kristi!!! :D It's always great to have people understand what you go through with emotional highs and lows of dieting and exercising. You are so right... this is a wonderful thread of gals and I won't give up on any of you if you don't give up on me ;) You will get those 6 birthday celebration #'s off in no time, you'll see :yes:

*JANINE*
I just love your cars!!!! They are beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us :D How much fun it must be to go to the car shows and kibitz with all the people about your cars. You have fun!!!! What a beautiful day we had Sunday at the car show ~ great weather, visiting friends & making new ones looking at cars!! Joe & I went to church; then had breakfast with our friends and her family from out of town; then we came home for a bit to change clothes and off we went to the car show. I saw a 1958 Chevy Impala Convertible that I would have given my eye teeth for!!!!!!!!!!!!! And didn't I forget my camera!!!! Geezzzz!!! What a beautiful car!! It was Aqua too --- awesome car! I don't think I ever wanted something so much in all my life --- I have always desired one ever since I can remember. I asked him what the sale price would be IF he were to sell it and he hesitantly said around $60,000.00 (ohhh-k, :no: I will just run to the bank and be right back - :lol: ). This morning I spent some time on the net to do some searching and that's what they are going for! The one I really liked on the net that was a 1957 Bel Air Convertible went for $90,000.00! :o ! I couldn't even find his car (from the show) on the net --- havta keep searching. I have always looked for a 1957 (the year I was born), but I would settle for a '58! :yes: ! I have heard that that car is rare because around Ohio cuz they rusted out like crazy so there are very few still left around these parts. One day I will have one (N :no: T!)... ... only in my dreams ;)

*MEL*
Congrats to your GF on her new :bb:!!!! That is so neat --- I just adore children! Did you go and see your friend and baby yet? How is she doing? 8 lbs... that is a very healthy baby ;)

I haven't had a chance to check out the link you left today, but I will :)

Thanks so much for the prayers!!!! You are just so sweet & caring, Mel. The Sleep Study for my hubby: We got home from the car show at around 3:30 Sunday (8-15) and I made pasta and salad for dinner and then Joe left for his study. Boy, did I miss him!!! I slept terrible (!!), if at all, with Joe being gone... Joe left at 8:15 and he said that by the time they finished plugging him in with all the censors it was 10:20. He didn't have any problems sleeping but he did say when he went to turn a couple times to his side he could feel the stuff behind his ears and on his head. He got home at around 6:00 Monday morning and we won't know the results for 7 - 10 days --- they are sending the information to his Dr & his Dr. will let him know the results. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. It took him forever to get the goop off his skin --- he finally caved in and used goo-gone and it worked great. What a mess!

How are YOU feeling, Mel?:?:? You mentioned in one of your posts that you weren't feeling well. Do you think that maybe you have been overdoing it? !WoW! :eek: 50 miles + already and the month is not nearly over... good for you, but be careful not to over do it like I have been.

Just thought I would mention this to you and the others. I haven't felt well for awhile now & I finally went to a Dr. on Friday and guess what I was told! You are not gonna believe this! But I was told that I am exercising too much!!!! That I am not giving myself enough time to recoup in between exercise sessions. That's why I wasn't dropping weight and was hurting so much (intestinal spasms real bad & muscle swelling). The exercise was making the spasms worse and I was bloating up and also not sleeping well at night from the discomfort, therefore not getting the rest needed. So to say the least I am having to change my walking goals to around 30-35 miles for the month as long as I am doing Curves 3x a week. In just the time I took over the weekend resting, just doing normal activities, I have dropped a pound and am now down to 193 (189 here I come!). I just need more rest and plenty of water... I was not drinking enough either for all I was putting out in exercise. I wasn't doing nearly what you and the others are doing, but it was too much for my body. So I have learned a big lesson and am glad I went to my Dr. I cannot believe how much better I am feeling.

*CATHY*
How did your lessons go with the new 12th grade girls Sunday?

I am wayyy behind my walking goal too Cathy... but as I told Mel I do what I am able to do and have had to drop my walking goal of 50 for the month to 30 - 35. But I think you are doing wonderfully!!! Keep it up!!!! :dance:

*ABIRDEE*
:cp: :flow2: CONGRATS on your PROMOTION at work!!! :flow2: :cp:

That's okay if you had a little cheat over the weekend, just get right back OP again... you may feel a little blue & tired if you had all those goodies and then get off them again (good old withdrawals will do it everytime) but you hang in there, girl... you are doing so well. Look at those great numbers going down!!!! Keep it up now --- don't get discouraged and quit on us now ;)

I have an Exercise Ball, but haven't a clue the weight limits for it --- you are too funny :lol: Abirdee... pancake ;) I don't think it would do that, but maybe the pkg. that you got the ball in will have the wt limits if there's one.

I just went searching and found this page for you... maybe this info will help you Abirdee :^:
Click on LINK: http://gymball.com/how.html
*Good Luck*

*~*~*

Well gals, I have managed to get in 2 more miles today and I went to Curves this morning.
So here are my stats up till now:

AuGuSt GoAlS: 35 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 17.0

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 7 Times

*You all have a super nice evening now*
Luvs,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/misc43icon1.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
08-17-2004, 03:52 PM
*MEL*
I just took a moment to check out some of those pictures on the link you left and my goodness gracious :o :( what devastation you all suffered from the fires! The pictures that people took were awesome to say the least! Those fires are so very frightening, I just could not imagine! :no: How close did that fire come to you?!?

As for the 1.5 lb. wt-gain... do you think that maybe it's muscle swelling? You have put in so many miles in the last two weeks. Maybe just think about a day of rest before your next WI and see how it comes out. You may be pleasantly surprised to see that you have lost and not gained after all... you have the right attitude that's for sure!!
(Thumbs Up Girl!!)

Thanks for sharing the pictures....
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
08-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Mel, Don't worry any about that 1.5 it'll go away and stay away this time. Great job on upping your pace!!!!!!!! Adding a whole mile in the same hr is awesome. You and the hubby are doing terrific!!!!.................Sunny, I'm glad to hear Joe's night away went well for him even if you did lose a nights sleep. I'm sure the results will be very helpful and then dear Joe can be on his way to feeling better.......Sorry to hear though that you had not een feeling well. I many days wondered how you could do Curves and then walk so much as well. I too am glad you consulted your Dr. Life's too short to live with pain. Please take care of yourself and I will keep you, as always, in my prayers. Hi to everyone else.

Kristi

ScoobieSue
08-18-2004, 09:59 AM
Hello Everyone!!! Sorry I have been away for almost 2 weeks. We had our year end close at work and I put in a lot of hours. Now I'm back :lol: It sounds like everyone is doing really good!!

Abirdee - Congrats on your new job! You go girl!

Kristi - Your Dh is AWESOME! I'm so glad you had a great time!

Mel - You are doing awesome with your walking! WOW!!

Getting back on track. It was hard with stress at work. And I need to get started again on exercising. It seems I am always tired :dz:

Well DH and I took the plunge and are building a new house! It's our first and it is scary! Can't wait to see the progress of it :cp:

Take care everyone! Have a wonderful day!

Wendy

macdeez
08-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey girls! I hope you're all off to a great start today!

Me? Meh. Not bad food-wise but I haven't managed to get in any exercise yet. I really thought about what Sunny said about over-doing it and that's very possible. So I'm gonna cut back a little and see how that goes... perhaps 12-15mi a week instead of the 24-28 I've been doing recently. And I have also decided to do strength-training 3 times a week instead of the four or five times I've been doing. I'll continue eating the same amt of cals and see if those tactics help move things in the other direction! Thanks for your advice, ladies!

For the next several weeks, I've decided to only take measurements instead of weighing in... as those are the numbers I'm more concerned with. Besides, with ToM approaching, I'm sure water retention is gonna show up on the scale and would only depress me right before my birthday.

Wendy... Glad to see you're back! Congrats on the new house! Looking forward to hearing about it! :) Big ol' pat on the back for getting back OP! :) Hope to hear more from you very soon!

Kristi... Thanks for all the encouragement... and I hope you're right ("Mel, Don't worry any about that 1.5 it'll go away and stay away this time.")! I'm really glad to have you girls beside me... you're all so supportive... and it really helps to know that you understand the struggles. ~ Again, I'm glad you and DH had such a fabulous time on your birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate! I hope you have a great week, girl!

Sunny... We weren't too close to the fire, probably like a 10min drive. But we were across the lake watching how erratic it was... and you could actually see houses bursting into flames. It was the saddest sight I have ever seen. Needless to say, I was a flippin' basket-case but it was amazing to see everyone pull together. Ppl had signs up everywhere thanking the fire-fighters... and the donations were huge! We took over a big case of water, some toys, clothes, and various supplies of soap, diapers, tooth-paste for all the victims. While it was the scariest thing I had ever lived through, I was truly proud to be a Kelowna resident. :) Thanks for all the advice, I hadn't thought about my muscles swelling. As I said above, I will slow things down a bit and hopefully I'll see some results! CONGRATS on having lost a pound! Yay for you! :D You are definitely on your way to reaching your goal! Glad to hear that everything went well with Joe's sleep study and I'm crossing my fingers, toes and anything else crossable that the results will show something positive! I know what you mean about not being able to sleep alone though... it's beyond difficult, isn't it? Anyway, best of luck this week! And congrats again on losing that pound! :)

Anyways girls, I have to go clean up from lunch... there's peanut butter from one end of my house to the other! :smug: But I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves! Type you all later....!

~mel

cathyxxx
08-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Good Morning Gang :wave:

I got up early this morning and did a 45 minute 3 mile WATP w/2 lb weights, and 50 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

AuGuSt MiLeS = 20

Mel - I'm sorry I didn't see your question til just now (I've been really busy and missing some posts I guess). I use weights that I hold in my hands, either 2 lb or 3 lb (and some day 5 lbs) each. They aren't actually wrist weights, but I guess that would be about the same thing. On the walking tapes, Leslie, reminds everybody not to hold them too tight because it causes too much tension in your hands, so I pay attention to that and just lightly grasp them. But yes, I definitely find it helps the intensity of my workouts, expecially when I only have time for a 30 minute one. It's to the point where just 30 minutes of walking doesn't seem like that much of a workout, but adding the weights increases my heart rate and works my upper body harder and it just seems to give me more "bang for my buck". When you are walking outside with weights I would be especially careful with your form, so as not to throw out your shoulders or pull a muscle, etc. But girl - you are doing great! YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF MILES WALKED - WOW! that's a lot of miles!

Wendy - it's good to see ya! hope things calm down for you soon.

Kristi - have you been able to do weights 3 times a week? I just can't get myself going to do the weights alone, but at least I've been using them with my walking tapes and getting some strength training. I've been dragging

SunnyD - glad all went well with the sleep study for dh. We will all be interested to here what ya'll find out. and glad you talked to your doctor about how you were feeling. sounds like good advice tho. Did you ever think you would see the day that a doctor would tell you that you were exercising too much! wow!

Hope everybody has a blessed day

hugs,
cathy

SunnyD57
08-20-2004, 05:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/BB5041.jpg

Hi *KRISTI * WENDY * MEL & CATHY*

I have taken the last two days off (Wed & Thurs) from both walking and Curves. Today I put in 2 miles. I plan to go back into my regular routine of Curves 3x a week and walking at least 2 miles a day depending on how I am feeling now that I know what to watch for. I miss exercising, but needed to take that break. The spasms began again after I walked today, but when I took the hot shower afterwards they calmed again and now I feel fine. I guess it is just something I will have to learn to cope with - especially since I don't want to take muscle relaxers which have been offered to me. No meds if I can help it... I will if it becomes unbearable, but I am not there yet :^: :smug:

Kristi ~ Still no word about Joe's Sleep Study. He is sleeping and looking so much better & his BP is good now that he sleeps on his side, so they may not have to do anything for him. I just want to know that his heart is okay, and I think that if anything showed up they would have called by now - don't you? So I am taking it as a good sign that they haven't called yet.

Wendy ~ It's good to see you back!

Mel ~ How have you been feeling after cutting back on the exercise a little & giving your body a rest? I am afraid to go too long before getting back into it again, you know. Then I get concerned that I will go into my old habit of not doing anything :o Also, I find my spirits were getting low from not exercising, so I have to do something... just not at a fast pace. I walked at 2.5 speed on the T-Mill this morning, but wanted so much to kick it up! It seems to take forever. But if I don't want the health issues I must obey the slower and longer rule (yuk!) On the bright side - I read that it burns more fat that way (I hope! :yes: I hope!)

So glad to hear that you were close to that fire... what pictures! :o ! It's amazing the people could get that close to take the pics (I do know about zoom lenses, but it would still be hot where they were!). Yes, it is something how when tragedy hits you see everyone care for one another - I think that's the way it should be always... shame really... ...

Did you get all the PB cleaned up :lol:

Cathy ~ Whew! Quite a start to your day girl! :cp: I am tired just reading about it ;)

Nope! Never ever thought a Dr. would tell me that I was exercising too much :lol: But I seem to fatigue very easily :dz: and have spasms much too often. I get eye twitches all the time too - Dr. said fatigue! So I must make sure to get a good nights rest (in bed by 9:30!) so that I am able to do my workouts daily and reg. activities too. I am prone to spasms everywhere... I have had them in my legs, eyes, muscles in my arms - weird. I am taking potassium and magnesium which is suppose to help - never mind the fruit I eat. He said I am just very sensitive and must take care to get the proper rest. I also think it's from all the surgeries I have had in my abdomen (3 all together). It has to play havoc on the intestines & body after being in there so much, don't you think? It's catching up with me more and more as I get older. So I must take care, exercise and eat well now for later in my life :^:

*~*~*

Thank you ~all~ for your thoughts, concerns and atta girls... it means the world to me and I don't feel as alone as I have in the past.
It's a safe place to come to :goodvibes
:thanks:

Have a nice weekend gals if I don't get back here till Monday...
Luvs,

AuGuSt GoAlS: 30-35 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 19.0

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 7 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez
08-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Well the last few days have been rough... I guess the 1.5 gain had more of an effect on me then I previously thought. So I've been eating bad things. Not horribly bad... but bad all the same. :(

This morning I woke up... all rarin' to get back OP! So that's what I'm doing. DH has some side work to do this afternoon so when I put DD down for her nap, I'll get my strength-training in. Then tonight we'll head out for our walk. It's due to be raining all week long... but perhaps the rain will allow us to actually walk further as we won't get as hot as we would in 38C weather.

This week I'm planning to really make up for the last three days. With my birthday less than 2 weeks away, I would love to be down another 4lbs by then. I would be super dooper happy... and all ready to celebrate! :)

Anyways girls, I have to go help hubby serve up breakfast, but I'll type you all later. Hope you had a happy and healthy weekend! :)

~mel

Abirdee
08-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Good Morning ladies :coffee: ,

Today is my BIRTHDAY :hb: , and I am 30 years young :encore: . I'm at work, but I had a really, really good weekend thanks to my husband. I didn't exercise Saturday or Sunday and I really celebrated through my eating. So, this week I will really be going the extra mile. I don't reqret it, I enjoyed every morsale :lol: . I can't talk long, and I have to read up on everyones post a little later. Everyone have a blessed day!

SunnyD57
08-23-2004, 09:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/Birthday2.gif

:flow1: *Happy 30th Birthday... ABIRDEE!!!!!!!!!!* :flow1:

I am so happy to hear that you had such a fun-filled
weekend in celebration!! :gift: You so deserve it!! :goodvibes

:hb: You are gonna have the best years ahead - you'll see,
because you are on the right track to great heath and well-being :hb:

*Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!*
:balloons:
May you have the best week!
And even better years ahead... ;)

(((Hugs)))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/LoveyouBunches.gif

cathyxxx
08-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday dear Abirdee!

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu!

Hope you have a great Big 3-0 Day!

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
08-24-2004, 11:34 AM

I did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP tape, and then 50 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

AuGuSt MiLeS = 22

Hope everybody has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy

macdeez
08-24-2004, 01:04 PM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAYABIRDEE!

:hb: :cb: :cp: :hat: :gift: :flow1: :grouphug: :genie: :cloud9:
:queen:
:cloud9: :genie: :grouphug: :flow1: :gift: :hat: :cp: :cb: :hb:

I hope you had a fantastic day... filled with lots of love, happiness and wishes come true! :D What did you do to celebrate your turning 30?

---------------------------------------------------

I hope the rest of you had a great weekend! And are all off to a fabulous start this week! Sounds as though Cathy sure is! <--- Isn't she always though? ;) I'm doing better now... had a bit of a weight-loss break-down after skipping 3 consecutive days of exercising. Was really beating myself up over it. So Sunday I got back in gear and have done 8mi since then followed by two mornings of strength-training. I didn't WI lastnight but will take my measurements on Friday and will do so again next week. I'm also going to concentrate on getting more water into my system, I noticed that I've been drinking a lot of diet pops and juices recently which could very well have added to that easily gained pound and a half.

I'm really looking forward to our trip down to Vancouver next weekend, it should be a tonne of fun! I get so "ridiculous" about my birthday (count down days... hours... yes, even minutes!) so I'm esp. looking forward to this one since we'll have our friends to celebrate it with! :)

Anyways girls, I really hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Take care of yourselves! Type you later...! :)

~mel

Abirdee
08-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Hello ladies,

Birthdate update: My husband and I went out to a jazz club on Saturday evening and had a really nice time. On Sunday he cooked me breakfast and gave me my present, which was a Kate Spade purse with money in it. :cb: .
We went to the movies later that evening to see "Exorcist", it was pretty good. I like scary movies, but my husband dosent (he took me anyway). After the movie we went out to dinner and then home for a relaxing evening. I had a wonderful birthday and look forward to many more....

I walked 2 miles on the treadmill last evening, hope to do 3 today. Still trying to make up from the weekend.

Hope everyone has a BLESSED DAY!

MichelleRae
08-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Hey guys!! I just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. I've been wicked busy I'm working 45 hours this week which is way more than I'm used to. and last week we had inlaws here and remodeling. I can't wait til my schedule evens out a little, so I can be here regularly. I miss you all!!

Michelle

cathyxxx
08-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey Michelle! we miss you too!

This morning, I did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights, then 50 situps, and 15 double left lifts.

August Miles = 24

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

MichelleRae
08-27-2004, 12:39 PM
wow 2 days and no posts where is everyone?!

Cathy you are doing so awesome girl!!

We ordered our crossbow platinum last week and it will be here on tuesday I can't wait!! I should get some awesome exercise then!!

I hope you all have a great day!!

Michelle

macdeez
08-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Indeed, where is everyone?! :?:

I've been doing ok... got out for 3mi lastnight and will do another 4.5 tonight. And 4.5 tomorrow night. For a total of 20mi this week. :)

I have to get my strength-training in today and tomorrow as well. :) I've decided that Sunday will be my day off from exercising.

Took my measurements today and am down another inch and a half on my waist! Yahoo! So I only have five more inches to lose there and I'll be jumpin' for joy! :) I guess my weight-gain was water retention afterall.

With a week left until my birthday, I'm really going to focus on staying OP! I don't mind that I'm five lbs off my goal, I'll be there soon enough. :)

Anyways girls, I hope you are all keeping well... and staying OP! Take care of yourselves! Hope to hear from you all soon!

~mel

SunnyD57
08-27-2004, 02:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/c01_image1.jpg

Good afternoon *MICHELLE * MEL * CATHY & ABIRDEE*

I don't know about anyone else, but I have had one very busy week :dizzy: --- so much goes on in the month of August. Me... I have spent most of this week sorting, filing and cleaning this office not to mention the everyday stuff that has to be kept up. I did not go to Curves at all this week, nor have I walked till today. It was just too much for me with all that had to be done. So this coming Monday I will be back *on track* with my exercise, being careful not to over-do. I did get in 2 miles this morning (a very slow 2 miles!), but I got it in. And when I weighed myself I am still at 193 - haven't gained anything - thank the Lord. I am looking forward to getting back into exercise again - I really did miss it, but I didn't get the blues like usual being I had so much to get done. Boy, does it ever feel good getting stuff that has been on your mind and put on the back burner... done :smug:

*~*~*

Hi Michele ~ It is so good to see you stopping by... I saw the pictures that you posted on the other thread and think you look just beautiful with your hair darker. Which picture is the most resent - the avatar or the posted pics on the thread? Just wondered. You have such beautiful children and your hubby is very nice looking too ;)

So glad to hear that you got your exercise machine... I wish I had the space in my home for those, I so envy you! In no time you are going to be a Beach Blanket Baby ;) YOU Enjoy!!!!

How are all the home improvements coming along??

Hi Mel ~ Yes, I always have a full weekend with my hubby and our friends... we love going out together & catching up with all we did the whole week. Soon the big Geauga County Fair will be here (on your birthday weekend I see ;) ) and my girlfriend is in charge of a 4-H group of rabbits... she had to go and get things set up this week --- so much she has to do being in charge of the group. I look forward to seeing all she has done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/wow.gif have you been some busy this week! :bravo: Mel!!! :cp: You should be sooooo proud of yourself :cp: You will surely make that goal by your birthday... you'll see. I will be praying for your efforts girl... you will so enjoy your trip to Vancouver!!!!! You are so deserving!

Abirdee ~ So happy to hear that you had such a nice birthday weekend... how has your week gone? Feeling okay?

Hi Cathy ~ What can I say girly... you have been so good about logging your time and exercise in and keeping this thread alive :) You too should be so very proud of yourself in keeping up your routine... I know I am of you!!! :goodvibes

*~*~*

Just this very moment the door-bell rang & got the book I ordered from Amazon.com --- titled *Eating for IBS* by Heather Van Vorous. I cannot believe all the things I was doing wrong (!) with food, no wonder I have been in such pain! She states how wrong the advice given by most Dr's is for IBS sufferers today (and anything you may have wrong with your digestive system like: Cronhn's Disease, Lactose Intolerance & Ulcerative Colitis) and how most Dr's don't even care to really look into helping you knowing there's no real cure. Just in the few days I have followed her program with the info from the net the spasms have lessened and my tummy is actually looking flat!!!! I have been looking at a bloated tummy for so many years and just never knew what to do for it... it seemed that everything made me bloated and puffy and painful. She has answered so many of my questions... I happen to find the info on Web MD in a desperate search for a remedy.

Here is the LINK if you like to see for yourselves: http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/

I have lived with the pain for so many years & it has been getting progressively worse limiting me in life more and more (like with my exercise), I look forward to living a more normal life again. According to Heather exercise done everyday is very good... just not jogging or running --- long and slow, just like the Dr. told me last week. It is so hard to go out with this illness --- I am always looking for the nearest bathroom :o I am so grateful to have a hubby that has looked out for me all these years and is so very supportive. He knows all my signals so when we go out & I must excuse myself he'll cover or add to the conversation so no one is aware of me leaving. Sometimes we have to leave early and he is always there for me... such a gift to me. I must say that God truly knew what he was doing when he gave me Joe... he knew I would need TLC :^: Sorry to go off like that --- but I am feeling so emotional about finding something that just may solve my health problems making our lives better, if nothing else... lessen the pain I have lived for so many years. So now you all know what I will be doing tonight... reading my new book! :D

Take Care Gals!!!! Hope all is well with *KRISTI * LYNNE * WENDY * SHEILA * CRISTI * JANINE * COURTNEY * BRENDA & anyone else I may have missed... come back real soon!!!!

Have a Wonderful Weekend... be seeing you all on Monday!!!
Loves,

AuGuSt GoAlS: 30-35 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 21.0

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Abirdee
08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Good Friday afternoon to everyone! I hope all is well. I didn't work out Wed., Thurs., or will I be able to today. My husband took a few days off and I have been spending quality time with him. Tonight he's taking me to a comedy show, so I wont be able to do it today either. I quess I will have to make it up on the weekend. Everyone seems to be doing a wonderful job, congrats on everyone's success.

Well I have to go, if I don't check in over the weekend everyone have a BLESSED one.

MichelleRae
08-29-2004, 10:27 AM
HI girls!!

Sunny that book sounds wonderful I think May have to check it out even though I don't have IBS or been diagnosed as having it. But I get upset stomach pretty easy especially after eating and I bet I'm eating something that does that.

Abirdee-Have fun with your DH. Quality time is a good thing, don't worry about not getting to exercise and enjoy the time.

My bowflex will be here soon I'm so excited I'll let you all know about my first workout.

Ok I am gonna get things done and I'll talk to you all later!
Michelle

MichelleRae
08-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Good Morning Girls!!

Up and at em!!!! What do you have planned for today? I get my bowflex today and I can't wait to get a workout on it! I lost 7lbs in just under 4 weeks I am just so excited!!
Can't wait to see what this month will bring!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunshiney day!!
Michelle

lovnmom
08-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi ladies, Taking a minute to check up on all of you. Praying this finds each of you in good health and loads of happiness. Life has been so busy in WI the past few weeks. My exercise has consisted of just life, but weight wise I've lost a couple of my BD gain and me and the hubby are really happy.

Take care all. Type more after school is swinging again!!

Kristi

macdeez
08-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Hey ladies! I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I sure did, but I'm amazed at how quickly time is flying by! It's almost fall already! Geez, where did the summer go?!

Did pretty good this weekend, got all my strength training in that I had planned to do, just missed Saturday's walk. Oh well. Since we're leaving for Vancouver bright and early on Friday, I'll be walking and strength training every day until then. <--- Perhaps then I won't feel bad for indulging in a piece or two of birthday cake!

Hubby gave me one of my birthday gifts lastnight to cheer me up... a sexy little halter top that I've been eyeing in a shop window each night we go out for our walk. What a lovely surprise! I was a little unsure if it would fit or that I would feel comfortable enough to wear it, but I tried it on and I'm very happy with how it looks. I can't wait to wear it out on Saturday night! :D
----------------
Kristi... Glad to hear you are keeping busy! :) And that you're back OP! Good for you! When does school start up again? Next week, is it? Well in the meantime, take care of yourself! :)

Michelle... Congrats on the 7lb loss! That's phenom! :) And I'm sure with the arrival of your bowflex, you'll keep on the path of success! Keep it up girl, you're doing great! :)

Abirdee... I hope you and your DH had a wonderful time at the comedy show! And that you had an OP weekend! :) Take care of yourself!

Sunny... I was very interested in that book you mentioned. I, too, have IBS... a very uncomfortable condition, isn't it? I was diagnosed in my first year of university... and having to cram for exams without caffiene was a little ridiculous! ;) I try to watch my intake of dairy, caffiene, and acidic foods, but sometimes it just isn't enough. I really hope you continue to get relief from the advice in your new book! Keep us updated, would you? :) Once again, thank you for all your encouragement... your kind words really keep me heading in the right direction! :) Hope you had a great weekend, take care of youself!

Cathy... We haven't heard from you in a couple days, so I hope you're doing well... and staying OP! :) Sending you happy thoughts! :) Take care of yourself and hope to hear from you soon!

Anyways girls, DD just woke up (sure, the morning I wake up early, she decides to sleep in! ;) ) so I have to head off to fix her some eats! But I hope you all have a wonderful day! Keep up the great work, ladies!

~mel

macdeez
08-31-2004, 01:32 PM
Well today marks the end of this thread... and I hope you all achieved your monthly goals! :) I did... and surpassed it by 25 miles! Woop woop! :D I wish I would have achieved my Labor Day goal of 145... but I'm not too far off the mark. I'm down 4" on my waist since beginning in July so that's definitely not anything to complain about! :)

September's goals:

Walk 60mi
Strength training 16 times (avg: 4 x a week)
Lose another 1.5" off waist
Get down to 145lbs (5lbs to lose)

What do you ladies have instore for the month ahead? I'm sure you'll all work hard to achieve your goals! I'm definitely cheering for all of you! :)

Best of luck, girls!

~mel

Abirdee
08-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Hello Ladies,

It's the end of August and I have lost a total of 16 pounds since 6/21/04. I had hoped to have dropped more, but I won't complain. My goal for September is to loose 10 pounds, so wish me well. I hope everyone had a fabulous month, and looking forward to September. Let's work hard, stay focused, and beat this weight thing for good. Stay blessed, and let's get "Ready to Rumble" for September!

SunnyD57
08-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi Gals!
Well, I sure did come up short from my goals this month in both categories :( I hope to do much better next month... I just got too sick and am still nursing a (no caffeine) headache. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty darn good. I should be over the headache within the next day or so. What we don't do to our bodies :dizzy:

*~*~*

Hey there Mel ~ :bravo:
:flow1: No one could get near you this month :o you were leaving flames :flame: :flame: behind those heels of yours with all that walking you did :lol: You should be proud!!! You did so very well!!! Not to mention everything else you did! :flow1: I wish I could do what you and the others do ~ I want to so much. Maybe after I get my tummy all healed I will be able to increase my exercise again ---> especially now that I know what to do to prevent the flare-ups I have had.

I will have to think of what I can do reasonably next month with all that is going on! I think that Sept. is just as busy as June is for us :dizzy: Allot of Fall goings-on --- Clam bakes are really popular here!

You mentioned (as did Michelle) that you have IBS, Mel... do you know that according to the book about 30 - 35% of women have it and don't know they do. And it happens to women more then men. I have had it since I was a child (about 9), but it has gotten so much worse as I age, which makes sense. I just wish I had seen the book when it first came out in 2000 so I could have had at least the last 4 years of less pain. I did find out that I cannot even eat SOY! Because it is a bean and I cannot eat them, I get real sick. I made a great recipe tonight with spinach and mushrooms and I am hoping that the spinach doesn't get to me --- we'll see tomorrow. It was a great tasting Low Fat recipe. Heather has great recipes in her book!

PS--> I hope you didn't mind that I borrowed your arrow ;)
I like the way you do that :)

Hi Michelle ~ How's that new Bow-flex? Are you loving it? :yes:

Hi Abirdee ~ So glad to see that you did so well too... :dance: WooHoo!!! :dance:

Hi Kristi ~ Good to see you stop in!! We sure do miss you here.

Hi Cathy ~ We sure do miss you too... hope all is going well with you.

*~*~*

Be seeing you all next month :D
There---> I will set my new goals...
Luvs, :sunny: SunnyD <><

JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 21.0

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MichelleRae
08-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Sunny my dear!!! I do so hope you are feeling better!! :grouphug: I absolutely LOVE the bowflex!!!!! I should get some great lean muscle!!!

Anyway its late but I want to share a pic of me and my new baby boy!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/michellerae/MichelleYugi.jpg
Sorry its so big lol like you wanted a big blow up of my face lmao!!

Anyway, I hope that this post finds you all well!!!
Love to you all!
Michelle

SunnyD57
09-01-2004, 07:41 AM
HERE IS THE LINK FOR
SePtEmBeR WaLkErS---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=662835#post662835

BE SEEING YOU ALL THERE :D