Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Chat, July 30th

Good Morning,

Well its Friday and that means I'll be going nuts here so I can get out by 12 noon.

Any weekend plans ???

BE GOOD TO YOURSELF !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:04 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Good Morning!

Good Morning Gals,
Leens.....do you just work a half day on Fridays? That sound good!

I love my work days.......long day Monday until about 8PM at night and 6;30 on Tuesdays but free the rest of the week. I cram 5 meetings in for 2 days than am free unless I sub for someone.

I cannot believe how much I slept on and off all day yesterday and then all night untl 7:30 this morning. I showered and laid back down for a while.eating some oatmeal now! The nurse said to take it easy for the next 48 hours so for once my body listened! I am going to stir around more today tho!

Previews of "The Village" made me remember it..........gonna go to the matinee tomorrow to see it.love suspense! Hubby will let me drag him along and it is PG 13....my kind of movie!(maybe )

Liz.I have some leftover chicken pieces and may attempt a chicken noodle soup today!

BBL
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:24 AM   #3  

Hi everyone

Went on a date last night with hubby.......natcho's and beer on the patio and then when to see a movie........it wasn't that great......Born Supremecy....with Mat Damon.....it was nice to get out.......today I am supposed to be going to my girlfriends for a dip in the pool.....I was noticing on all of these make over shows and organization shows......everyone has a pool....how is it where you all live?

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz that sounds nice, glad you enjoyed it. I don't have a pool but on my block, I would say 6 homes do, out of 15. Mostly above ground, 2 have in ground. We might get an above ground in a few years, right now I have one of those sun & set pools, the one you blow up lol. Hey it serves its purpose

Cin, I have summer hours on Fridays, I work over time M-T and then Friday we can leave at noon. But this will end the week b/4 Labor day I enjoy it, I ususally take DD to the park, quality time ya know You feeling okay ?

1/2 hr to go...
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

It is really busy around here. Already 11:30 and I just got to connect to the internet. Busy doing payroll and paying bills and answering the silly phone!

Leenie - enjoy your afternoon with dear little gracie!

Liz - glad you had a nice date last night. We live in the country and I only know of one house in our area with a pool. In the "city" closest to us where we grew up, went to school and go to church I would say that 1/3 of the houses probably have a pool. It's a nice area. I do not remember the last time I got in a pool or even if I still have a bathing suit stuck away somewhere.

Cin - so glad you have been resting girlie! How are you liking having your mom around? everything going well? I also cannot wait to see "The Village". I love those sort of suspenseful movies that are not gorey and pretty clean. I loved the others that director did ... "Signs" and "Unbreakable" and even liked "The Sixth Sense". Did ya'll know that the red head girl in The Village is Ron Howard's daughter. Thought that was cute. DH and I saw Spiderman 2 last Friday night and I LOVED IT!

I didn't get up to exercise this morning. Don't know why I'm dragging, but I won't make my goal this month for 40 miles - oh well - almost made it. Tomorrow I will be cleaning so that will be all the exercise I can do in one day.

I've got to run some errands during lunch, but will check back on our gang later.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:49 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone.....just dropping in to say hi.....have been out to coffee with friends earlier this morning.....it's a beautiful day.....will be hot later.....right now....am going out on the deck to have 2nd cup of coffee with DH.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals
It is me again.

My Mom left after the procedure...............once I was on my feet and had no bleeding she hit the road!

Liz.....guess what I made this morning? Chicken Noodle soup.had some left over chicken............boy was it yummy.in fact hubby,daughter & I just finished it!

Our daughter is working for us now so she pops upstairs for lunch.....nice perk for her.......she can eat here and do her laundry! She always thanks me and appreciates it!

I am feeling stronger...............wandering around the house....doing little things!

BBL
Cin
PS I just read in the paper that was Ron Howards daughter this morning!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:51 PM   #8  

I love Ron Howard he is such a sweetie!

Umm last night we had a date.......I'll tell you how it came about.....even though you didn't ask.......we were out front doing the garden, grass and general outside tidy......getting my girls to do chores is a chore in itself......so I gave them a choice.........come outside and help us and then we all go out as a family for a reward......or they could choose to stay in the house and fool around and stay home in the evening and hubby and I would go out.

DD 12 being her usual immediate gratification type person jumped on the second choice....so we had a nice relaxing evening out......this morning I have been working them indoors like dogs......and then we will go out in the afternoon for a swim and a visit....they think that life is one big party......don't know how I got such lazy kids....I don't sit much....probably created the little monsters.

Anyhow I am off......have a good rest of the day everyone

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote