Old 07-30-2004, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Default Finally FRIDAY 7/30

Morning Atkins Chickies!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Lori how's it going? As to Thursdays chat...everyone in the family knows DH and I are on this WOE. Then again my mom is also and she views it much more leniently than I do. She cheats ALL the time. Yup, I want to ALWAYS fit in with my family....but learning over time I can't (another issue from growing up).

Well, I stayed OP last night. Wasn't hard seeing how I ate a late supper. And I wasn't really hungry. Finally going to the doc for my sinus troubles. After last night I can't wait! I want to be headache and pain free again.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:28 AM   #3  

Oh, I know exactly what you are talking about. I've been the odd ball in my family from day one! Trying to fit in just made me miserable, but it is ingrained in us! You always want to try and be like all the other girls, all the other kids, all the other families. Well, I've decided I'm going to be different! Now my husband is going nuts because I'm encouraging our sons! :wink: Too much fun!

I'm trying to get a handle on the eating, but I'm doing poorly. I didn't have anything to eat last night from 12:30p until I got to the grocery store (yes, I overspent) and had some of my sons fries and burger from mcdonalds! grrr! I knew better and did it anyway. I've been good today so far. I also purchased all good food from the grocery and I have a menu!!! Ok, I'm really not that organized, but I just subscribed to this online menu mailer and it has been a Godsend!

I'm rambling. Well, a little bit about what is going on with me. We are trying for another little bambino and have major fertility issues. So I've been taking drugs! Well, I thought for sure that they would make me gain immediately and A LOT, but they didn't! Actually I think they are what contributed to those extra few pounds gone this weekend! But keep us in your thoughts and prayers as this will be a very obsessive and stressful time for us. And I definitely don't need the stress

I'm getting a new (used) car!!! Probably tomorrow. I have been driving my husbands truck around. Can you imagine as I've lost the weight what I would look like. It's a Dodge Diesel (long wheel base, mind you) 4X4 with oversized tires. When people look at me funny I just smile! What else can you do!!

Ok, I'm bored, if you haven't already guessed and I think I'm going to try and get out of work as soon as possible today, but who knows. The boss is off on vacation again and I hate taking off if she isn't here because you never know how she will react. Not to mention I have my annual evaluation next week!!!

Talk to you later!!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #4  

Lori Have a great weekend!

Brenda: Congrats on staying OP yesterday! Good Luck at the dr's! Hope that you are pain free soon! Have a great weekend!

Went out to dinner last night with best friend! We had a great time. It's nice for just the girls to go out sometimes, as we usually have her two little ones with us! Nothing much going on here today except another day of work. After tomorrow I only have one more Saturday to go, then I am off every weekend until after the baby comes! I am getting excited about that becuase I have never had a job where I had weekends off!!!! Heading to the beach tomorrow as soon as I get outta work. Gonna be a relaxing day for me on Sunday. We are taking our boat down and DH and FIL are going fishing! I'm just going to lay around in A/C and watch tv Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and a great weekend!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:40 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi you sweet things !!

Boss man will be here in a few seconds, so I will make this short and artifically sweet

Hope your weekend is fun and exciting, the way it should be. Stay OP and be good to yourselves..... why ?? because I said so lol.

Love you !!

Cinnymama, Shimma, Morti, Herb..... don't be strangers now.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:17 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

Me? A stranger??????? Naw.... school starts up in, dear God, I believe it starts in about a week and a half for me. I think my first day is August 16. Hey... that's 2.5 weeks!!! MUCH BETTER!! At any rate, once I go back to work, I'll be checking in like clockwork in the mornings.

Took the new kitten to the vet this morning. Much better than our first vet visit, cause at least this time around we've bonded and he's not trying to get away from the vet AND from me. hehehe That's what I get for picking a wild one. Everything looks good and he's crashed out on the bed right now, sleeping it all off.

Found out last night that my mom's boyfriend cheated on her over the 4th of July. My aunt is gonna be telling her today and I'm soooo nervous. The guy is a complete loser that has been around for like 15 years now. He's an alcoholic druggie and my mom is too afraid of being alone to ditch him.... and I'm so afraid she's going to make excuses for him on the cheating issue. I just don't want to see her hurt. My dad cheated on her and then the second serious relationship she has.. that guy cheats on her too. Men... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:11 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Why do I never learn?

Brenda - I've always been the odd one, too, but it's mostly because I love to do/say things for the shock value. I'm the only girl amongst 3 boys who always told me I was fat and ugly. I've wondered how much that impacted my later weight issues. I hope the sinuses get better!

Lori - Ramble away, honey! It's only 8:00 and I'd like to sneak out and go home.

Mrs H - Enjoy your oh-so-nice sounding weekend!

Leenie - SMOOCHIES!!!!

Shimma - Some people just need killing I'm sorry to hear about your mom's wit boyfriend. That sucks!

Well, it was another Thursday night at the bar. I have got to just start telling people no. So now I'm wiped out and loving my coffee like you wouldn't believe!

This weekend will be more fun than you can throw a shoe at! We're going to the county fair (just down the street from my house) tonight. Then tomorrow we're going to Flugtag (http://www.redbullflugtagportland.com/). Sunday is a girls lunch date. Somewhere in there I'm hoping to get me a tan!

Have a great day everyone!

StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #8  

I"m sure I'll get plenty of opinions on this topic, but that is what I want...

I do not make any "special" accommodations for my family when I make a meal. My children (6yr & 8yr) eat the same as my husband and I do. History: My children have NEVER gained weight quickly. they have stayed int he same weight range for a year. Granted they fluctuate like we do, but they have pretty much stayed the same.

The only thing I do differently for them is that I provide them with milk and cereal for breakfast and I keep healthy snacks (apples, bananas, peanuts) on hand for them when they get hungry. I do not like to stuff them full of candy or soda.

Well, you should hear the opinions fly! "They are just kids a little soda won't hurt!" Oh, that candy isn't going to affect them with their metabolism" Just on and on with the making excuses for giving kids sugary floury food!! I keep thinking to myself, It's no wonder I thought that WOE was acceptable, the majority of the human race makes excuses for eating that way!

Ok, can you tell I had a grandparent staying with me this weekend spoiling my children!

Old 07-30-2004, 02:22 PM   #9  

Sorry, I said all of that to say, that I would really like to teach my children healthy eating habits instead of the poor eating habits that were passed onto me. I don't make them eat everything on their plate. They are given healthy snack choices. I do allow them to eat sweets on occasion. But most of the time, if they are thirsty they drink water or milk (not different than before I was doing Atkins WOE). If they are hungry, They are allowed to have whatever fruit or nuts are in the house, usually strawberries, apples, bananas, pineapple, peanuts. I like keeping fresh fruit in the house for them, so I try to keep a variety.

I'm not crazy, this is what we are supposed to do right? Teach our children healthy habits? Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind!!
Old 07-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Lori: My kids don't get much pop. And I buy them chips but not ALL the time. They think Easter and Halloween are holidays where the candy gets to sit and rot My kids get special meals only cuz they don't like half the stuff I make for myself and DH. And they're skinny rails actually on the low side of the growth chart (underweight I think the doc called the youngest)

Star: I'm beginning to think you'll start saying no about the time I start managing my way through this WOE. Have fun and good luck w/the tanning!

Shimma: Sorry to hear about your moms boyfriend--hopefully it'll be her EX-boyfriend soon!

Leenie: hope you have a great weekend!!

Lisa: hope you get plenty of rest and the weeks will go by fast and then you'll have free weekends.

2 more hours and it's off to the doc for me. I'm watching my dog and Mayla. She's not crazy about the dog. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if they don't all adjust to each other. I want to keep the kittens...but one of the stipulations was the dog and them had to get along. I know, it's only been 2 days since they've co-habited and not full days at that. Is it possible they'll actually learn to like each other??
Old 07-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

I just read your latest post Lori...it makes perfect sense. I push the kids towards the apples and bananas and stuff when they've got the munchies. Keep telling them they can have chips but only a handful (instead of grabbing the bag and sitting down with it). The girls get orange juice, water on hot days and milk when it's cold or at night. It IS our job to get them to eat healthy and teaching them now is the important time
Old 07-30-2004, 03:25 PM   #12  

My children do have chips sometimes. But that isn't something I get at the grocery and keep on hand.

I do worry about them. Sometimes they sleep more than I think they should. Or one gets a bad attitude they just cant shake. I always wonder if these behaviour changes are related to some food choice. But I don't usually ponder it long enough to analyze what they have eaten. I know, weird!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:32 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

I put my kids change in moods down to being girls and pre-pmsing. The oldest DD anyway. The youngest just likes to be a whiny pain in her butt
Old 07-30-2004, 06:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Had a great day i did the weigh in i'm 330 now last time i checked I was 356 which was about 2 months ago in total i have lost 259 pounds woo hoo .How is everyone doing i hope great.I invited a friend over to the forums she wants motivation I told her to come here becouse there's tons of it here

Last edited by herb1985; 07-30-2004 at 06:43 PM.
herb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS
I"m sure I'll get plenty of opinions on this topic, but that is what I want...

I do not make any "special" accommodations for my family when I make a meal. My children (6yr & 8yr) eat the same as my husband and I do. History: My children have NEVER gained weight quickly. they have stayed int he same weight range for a year. Granted they fluctuate like we do, but they have pretty much stayed the same.

The only thing I do differently for them is that I provide them with milk and cereal for breakfast and I keep healthy snacks (apples, bananas, peanuts) on hand for them when they get hungry. I do not like to stuff them full of candy or soda.

Well, you should hear the opinions fly! "They are just kids a little soda won't hurt!" Oh, that candy isn't going to affect them with their metabolism" Just on and on with the making excuses for giving kids sugary floury food!! I keep thinking to myself, It's no wonder I thought that WOE was acceptable, the majority of the human race makes excuses for eating that way!

Ok, can you tell I had a grandparent staying with me this weekend spoiling my children!

Lori - OMG You just described my house hold! I am exactly like you (my kids are the same ages too) My kids dont gain weight quickly, in fact my dd has weighted the same for the last 2 years! My kids eat what I eat, I do add milk and other things like bread and tortillas for lunches and always add a potato or something for dinner just to round them out.. but NO SODA! An occasional candy or ice cream treat.. but that is it.

My MIL gave the kids diet coke once, and I came unglued!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote