Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-29-2004, 07:36 PM   #1  

Default How often do you eat?

Since getting out of the hospital I am still nauseated and having trouble understanding why. I have accidently caused dumping once now and know it isn't that.

So, my question is can I possibly not be eating enough? How often do you need to eat shortly after you have surgery?
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:16 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

P. yes it IS possible to not be eating enough. are you meeting the protein goals? are you getting in the water? dehydration can make you feel sick. and lack of protein can make you feel tired and lightheaded.

in order to keep myself moving right after surgery, i had to consume 15-20 grams of protein every 3 hours or so.

and believe me, i rarely felt like doing it, but i found out that if i didn't do that, i'd get dizzy, weak, brainfogged, tired.

sooooo. that was my experience. what are you doing? what are you trying to do? what does your doc want you to do???
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #3  

Hi Jiffy

I think that may be part of my problem. Today I have been more diligent in eating regularly even if I am not experiencing hunger pangs. It seems to have helped.

Doctor wants me to get 45g of protein daily and I am coming close most days. Water is tougher which is weird. I used to drink and enjoy tons of water and now I have to struggle. It just tastes different and I think contributes to the nausea.

I just finished a cherry flavored sno-cone I made using a small blender & SF Kool-aid. It went down ok so I may need to "eat" more of those until I can drink more.
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote