PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #1  

Default I'm new here.

Hi!

I posted the following introduction on the Announcements forum. I thought I'd just copy and paste it here instead of typing the same thing over again. (I don't think I mentioned in that introduction that I'm also very lazy!!) lol

I look forward to getting to know you all (if you'll have me of course).

-----

Hi. I'm Kim. I'm 29 yrs. old and very overweight (about 100 pounds overweight). I have been overweight since I was ten yrs. old. I have given birth twice. The first time to an angel. We named her Lib. She was just too precious for earth.

My next pregnancy produced a very healthy boy. His name is Austin and he just turned one on July 17th.

I have PCOS and am Insulin Resistant. I have tried the low carb diet, although never went fully on Atkins or South Beach. I just pretty much tried to eliminate the "white starches" from my diet (i.e.: bread, pasta, potatoes, etc.). That kind of dieting worked once before. I lost about 50 pounds. But then I got pregnant with my son and have pretty much gained it all back again. I weigh about the same now as I did when I gave birth over a year ago.

I have little to no self esteem. I often get depressed about my weight, but having said that, I'm generally a pretty happy person. I desperately want to lose this weight, but I have absolutely no self discipline. It seems like since I had Austin, I can't make myself stick to anything I start. This morning I decided to change my way of eating somewhat. Instead of "low-carbing," I'm going to try to avoid carbs if I can, but pretty much just try to limit how much I eat and when I eat. I have GOT to start excercising again. And I have GOT to drink water (I HATE water and don't drink near enough).

I'm a speech therapist and work in the schools. So I will be returning to work soon (as in this Friday).

I know this has been a pretty long intro and maybe not put together as well as it should be, but I was just hoping that maybe someone could point me in the right direction on these boards. I'm a member of other parenting boards, so I know how they work for the most part. I've looked at some of the forums and there seem to be a lot that I might fit into, but I thought some of you might know of the ones that would be better based on the info I've provided.

If you've read this far, thanks. Again, I'm sorry to be so long winded and blunt, but I REALLY want to loose this weight, and I"m so tired of always never finishing what I start. I'll start something and maybe, MAYBE, one or two weeks later (if I make it that long) I've quit already. If I knew how to kick my own butt I would.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:15 PM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Welcome, KIM!!

I just got home from vacation or I would of posted this sooner...

Sounds like you have been through alot in your life. I feel for you. I've been there too. You have a good attituce though and that's what will help you with this PCOS journey. You realize there is a problem and want to do something about it. That's a great start!!

Feel free to join us in the monthly chat thread!! We'd love to have you. That's where most of us blab. Can't wait to see you there!!

Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:42 PM   #3  

Hi Kim! I am also new here. Glad to have this forum as a place to get more info and support. Great to see ya here!
KiraR is offline   Reply With Quote