Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 04:07 AM   #1  

I always said that when my health started being affected I would get serious about losing weight. Guess what?? It's happened and I'm not losing weight. The exact opposite is happening. My blood pressure is borderline and I've started having headaches. I've been suffering from panic and anxiety for about a year. I've lost all interest in sex and look like a slob. Seems like the harder I try and the more I think about it the more weight I GAIN!

I don't have any questions-I just needed to get this off my chest. I'm so disgusted with myself.
Old 03-01-2001, 05:57 AM   #2  

OK, it's off your chest. Now DO something about it. You're experiencing the sad reality that carrying excess weight can lead to health problems. What's next? Diabetes? Get busy and make this your last time, instead of just one more time. It can be done, and there are lots of success stories wandering around 3FC that prove it. Do me a favor, though...When you make it, change your name to something a little more victorious sounding.
Old 03-01-2001, 07:51 AM   #3  

1moretime,
I don't know how old you are but could you possibly be paramenapausal? I used to suffer from headaches and I was having "daytime" hotflashes that felt like anxiety/panic attacks. This was happening when my estrogen levels dropped.

I also know how you feel. I am back to WW "one more time". I have just lost the 20lbs I gained since I left the last time. But the important thing is that I went back. They have the tools to help you. Don't think of the big picture. Start with being OP one day. Then do it again the next day. YOU CAN DO THIS.

I found my signature and I have copies hanging in my house, in my car, wherever I need to be reminded that:

------------------
BEING FAT IS HARDER THAN ANY DIET!
Old 03-01-2001, 09:19 PM   #4  

Quilting Lady,
I am 36 years old and I have asked my doctor the same thing-could this be caused by my hormones. They did some blood work and said it was fine but my monthly cycle hasn't been right in years. They are having a show on anxiety and panic today on Oprah, maybe that will shed some light.

Rupertsmom,
Thanks for the kick in the pants. I guess I just want the weight to fall off and not have to do anything about it. Doesn't work like that. I'll start putting more effort into it. Thanks for all the support.

Old 03-01-2001, 09:32 PM   #5  

Dear Quilting Lady - PLEASE, PLEASE, don't stop trying. I also suffered from anxiety and panic attacks. I literally thought that I was going to die at any minute during the day. I take anti-anxiety medication and it is better. However, your health is the most important. I have arthritic knees and have trouble walking - I was told if I lost weight I would not be in so much pain. It has taken me 18 months to lose 43 pounds, but I just kept plugging away and do have less pain. Any time you need support, please come to the boards - we are all here to help you, but don't despair and don't give up on yourself. God bless.

------------------
Ginaki
195/151-1/2/150/145
Old 03-01-2001, 10:45 PM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

1moretime,
I just want to chime in and wish you the best. You can do this. We're all pulling for you. Let's all get this going!
Old 03-01-2001, 10:51 PM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hey, just wanted to say that I was at the Oprah show about panic attacks (in the audience) good show, make sur to check it out as it gives good advice.
Old 03-02-2001, 05:48 AM   #8  

Ginaki,
I thank you for your concern, but it wasn't I who posted the thread. I replyed to it. But I am sure that 1moretime read it and knew who it was for. Your concern is greatly appreciated!
quilting lady
Closed Thread