South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 11:47 AM   #1  
kikilai

Default new newbie am ok, then gets harder!

Hi, 2nd day ph1, AM starts fine, then as the day goes on it gets harder, any suggestions for fortifying the evening?

NJ
5' 10"
hw 173
cw 153
gw 130
Old 07-28-2004, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Are you eating enough through the day? I tend to over eat when I get home form work only because I'm so hungry. What I've been doing is saving part of my lunch and snack for the ride home time. I save either part of my salad or a piece of fruit to eat on the way home. (I have a long commute, part of which is waiting for connecting buses) Once I made sure to have a snack of some sort around 4-5 pm I can handle the rest of the evening.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #3  
kikilai

hi sarahyu, wow, your loss is so great! congratulations!
carrying food i think will be the key, i'm not used to snacking, so i need to carry around correct portions of those. planning seems to be the key!! do you usuually jave an after dinner snack also?
Old 07-28-2004, 12:42 PM   #4  

When I was in Phase 1, I often had a fat free, no sugar added fudgesickle or a peanut butter cup as a snack after dinner. On Phase 2, I have some fruit as a nighttime snack if I'm fixing some for my son. Some days I'm just not hungry for a nighttime snack.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:32 PM   #5  
kikilai

thanks Barbara, your progress is very inspiring! i'll definately try the peanut butter cup, although i'm getting a little flack from boyfriend about all the fake sweetener i'm eating
Old 07-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #6  

I haven't had any problem with Splenda. I even figured out how to make sweet refrigerator pickles using Splenda. Even my husband (who is wary of artificial sweeteners) loves to eat the pickled vegetables. It doesn't seem to cause the problems that Nutrasweet can cause for some people.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #7  
Peanut's Mom

I used to snack on some almonds, hummus w/ red peppers and cucumbers, celery w/ peanut butter, or ff cottage cheese w/ sf grape jam...they're still my favorites! I keep a little insulated lunch box at my desk with an ice pack in it. Now on phase II, when I need a substantial snack (like if I know it'll be a while before I can eat again or if we're going out to a bar and I might be tempted by "bar food") I have a low carb Eggo waffle with 1/2 serving peanut butter and sf syrup. Yummy!

Keep in mind that the first few days of Phase 1 are the toughest. Hang in there as your body adjusts! Good luck!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

In phase 1 and the first month of phase 2, I did always have the after dinner ricotta dessert. But I must have gotten tired of it or something because I don't really want anything sweat after dinner now.

Planning is the key, keeping appropriate size snacks around is great. People laugh at me because I would always have a baggy of vegetables cut up, a baggy of nuts all measured out, a 1/2 cup container of yogurt or cottage cheese and then what ever was my entree for lunch. I just didn't want to be caught hungry without food around. I found it was easier to not eat the food if I had it. Did that make sense? If I was hungry, I would go on the prowl looking for something to eat and the options aren't that great where I work. If I had food available, then I could grab one thing and nibble as I needed and many times I didn't eat all my snacks each day. Now, I very seldom bring snacks with me to work, just a couple pieces of fruit.
Closed Thread