100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh In July 26- Aug 1

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh In July 26- Aug 1

tolose85
07-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey everyone!

Well, I am not weighing in this week! Yep, that's right! I had a really fun weekend, I hosted a huge 2 day party and wow, what fun it was. Rather than ruin my spark, I am going to work my butt off this week and weigh in next week. Amazingly, I don't feel down about having an off weekend. I feel quite the opposite. Now its time to get back to business. It was fun while it lasted but I know I can't live that way!

I hope you have a great week of weigh-ins! I'll have a loss next week and even if I don't its ok and I'm headed in the right direction.. This last 20 lbs seems to be hanging on.. :lol:

Good luck~

lessofsarahtolove
07-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Good plan, Gretchen! Very sensible, and an altogether healthy approach. It's great to hear that you had a fun weekend -- you are deserving! Like I said, I fully support your approach to the coming week -- but I wouldn't be surprised if you still showed a loss, with the control I'm sure you demonstrated during the week. but cool, you'll get and share good news one week hence! :)

Br00klyn
07-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Gretchen, my luv - You're doing wonderful! I think its a great approach you have and a great plan not to weigh in for 2 weeks! To be honest, this weekend probably didnt affect you too much.. Everythings fine and healthy in moderation! We all must indulge sometimes!

djs06
07-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Gretchen, it's an accomplishment that you're not beating yourself up over it! Glad you're having fun, and you know just as well as anyone else here that you're going to get right back on track and indulging is a-okay once in awhile :)

Scuttle
07-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Down half a pound this week, despite a rocky day or two including (ahem) the Jelly Bean Fiasco. All I have to say is thank goodness there were 'only' 675 calories of jelly beans in that bag at the movies, or it would have been worse! And the 'oh well, might as well' cheese steak afterwards likely didn't help. But! I'm refocused. I think. And it wasn't terrible.

Stinger766
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Gretchen,

I agree that your approach is probably the best. But I also agree with the others that one week probably didn't do you any harm since you've been so determined and strict other than that. :) You're doing great!

As for me, I lost 3 lbs last week. How, I have no idea. The week before I walked 5 days on the treadmill and ate great and didn't lose (or gain). This week I had several slip ups and ate a few things I shouldn't have, plus I only walked 3 days and I lost 3 lbs. Go figured. Either way I'm happy though. I'm getting closer to my Labor day goal, which is exactly 1/2 of the weight I want to lose. My status etc. are below if anyone is interested.

Thanks again to those for commented on my depressing posts last week on the update thread. Although I didn't really snap out of it until Saturday it was nice to know people understood and were trying to help out. :)

Talk to you all soon!

Amanda Panda
07-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Gretchen - great attitude as always! :yes:

Jennifer - well done on your half pound loss! - a loss is a loss and it's great that the scale is going down rather than up!

Love Amanda x

Inca's Momma
07-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Ok my unofficial/official weigh-in was right on with my weight this morning...still 315! YIPPY! :D

oraki
07-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Okay my first weigh in!!!

7/26 276.5

melissa/dawn
07-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Well here goes: :o

My first weigh in 283.5

wow nobody but me and the doctors office have known that number for at least 5 years, here is looking forward to smaller numbers!

lessofsarahtolove
07-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Ok, you guys, I'm very, very proud of you both! Whew, I'll bet you're glad you got THAT over with! :p It takes guts to post your weight in the beginning -- but I promise you'll find it gets easier and easier! ;) We're all in the same boat, you know? (Or we're in a smaller boat now but still up the river.... :lol: )

So, Latisha and Melissa/Dawn -- you're officially broken in! :high: You're both around the same weight (coincidentally in the ballpark of my start weight - see my stats below) -- so it's cool that you're joining us at the same time.

Amanda Panda
07-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Oraki and Melissa/Dawn - well done for taking the plunge and having your first weigh in! The first one is always the hardest, but think positive and know that it will be all downhill from here!

Love Amanda x

djs06
07-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Everyone has to start somewhere! Good luck ladies :)

Br00klyn
07-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Dana's right - everyone must start somewhere ;) and remember this is only the beginning with your journey to new found health! Good Luck! :D

Raelynn
07-27-2004, 12:16 AM
I have had a terrible last few days, so I am skipping this week too lol. I'll be back next week with good news!!

Sandi
07-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Down .4. Not impressive - but a loss none the less. I'll take it and move on.

djs06
07-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Well gals (and guy), I busted my arse this week and finally got some results. I'm down 2.5. The most I've lost, even in the first week, was 1 lb so I'm really excited. I totally don't mind the hard work when it makes me feel like this!

Sandi- IMHO, any way "down" is a good thing! :) You go girl, you're on the right track :)

lessofsarahtolove
07-27-2004, 01:11 PM
1 pound down for last week, alas. And I'm one pound away from my second goal. :dizzy: Sheesh, this one's been a tough one! So far elusive, but at some point attainable, right? Patience is mine....and so is that damned goal! :s:

I've had to put my exercise on hold for a short while; for a while now, I've had some difficulty breathing and it eventually made working out rougher than I thought it should be, soooo, after finally going to the doctor I have some antibiotics and an inhaler, and I am waiting to see if they fix me up (and also get the enlarged lymph node in my neck to resume it's original size!) I'm really feeling like a slug without it, and am thinking I'll at least do some slow biking by the end of this week, if the wheezing dissipates. :crossed: It's definitely had an impact on my loss rate though, which is disappointing but not disheartening. My eats are A-OK, and I'm still completely determined. :yes:

Stinger766
07-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Big congrats to each and everyone one of you! I'm so happy to be involved in a board that moves fast and where everyone is so positive and upbeat. :)

As for me, I'm charging full speed ahead. I only have 8 more lbs to reach my next goal, which is 75 lbs lost total and 1/2 of what I wanted to lose from the beginning. I wanted to be at this goal by Labor Day but I think I might get there a few weeks earlier. (Hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that out loud, lol).

I am wondering why I'm still wearing bigger sizes at this weight than I was last time I was this weight (which is over 10 years ago).I was hoping by the time that I reached this stage that I'd be a size or two smaller than I am. I'm not upset, just find it odd. Any ideas??

As I said above I haven't been this weight in 10 years so I'm feeling great! I still have a lot to go (83 lbs at least to my for sure goal and maybe more to my ultimate goal) but I can't believe the difference in how I feel. The exercising (which I haven't done in 10 years either) has made a huge difference in how I feel in my day to day life too. I set goals daily on what I'll do on the treadmill and when I accomplish them, I'm amazed that I'm able to do them at my current weight. I think for several years I really believed I'd never be that active again or lose as much weight as I even have now. I know this time I'll get to my goal though. Nothing can stop me now!

Thanks for much for listening. Reading everyone else's posts really keeps me going and motivated. You guys are the best! Talk to you soon.

Br00klyn
07-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Congrats to all you losers! :D

I may jump in with Raelynn and Gretchen and not weigh in until next weekend! I did have a few bad days until Sunday. My weigh-in isn't until Friday so I'll see how I feel about weighing in then... Hopefully from having a 4 point day from Mon-Fri, I'll see a loss this week :crossed: My goal was to see under 250 by the end of the week...but I doubt that's gonna happen!

barbygirl43
07-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Congrats to all the losers and those who've posted their starting weight. I too am waiting until next week to weigh and take my measurements since it's been over a month for that.

teapotdynamo
07-28-2004, 04:51 PM
I guess I'll take the plunge and do my first weekly weigh-in. I keep bouncing up and down between 235 and 240, but today I was at 236, which I didn't consider too shabby given my not-perfect travel eating the past few days (although I did manage to resist some major temptations, so I'm still proud of myself).

I really, really want to get comfortably under 235 (-15 pounds), but I am at my first plateau, I think. I'm also finding this whole quest to be even more emotionally difficult than I had imagined.... I thought I'd be happy losing anything at all, but instead I just mostly feel more impatient and disgusted with myself. Is this normal?

Anyway, onward and downward!!! I hit the gym this morning after two days on the road, and it felt soooo good. I'm also loving FitDay.

Good to get to know you all!

Tammy32
07-28-2004, 05:24 PM
I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but I am on vacation and computer time has not been easy since I'm not at my own home.

The scales I have here are not very accurate but by my best guesstimate I am up to about 210, which means I have gained about 9 pounds since I quit smoking. Vacation sure has not helped. I decided it was time to get back on track today. So, I am officially back on track. I'm not happy about the gain, but I'm not devistated either. I will be flying to my mom's in a few days and she has a more accurate scale so I will be able to get a better idea of exactly where I am at then. I figure then I will reflect that in my signature.

I have not smoked!! August 1st it will be one month smoke free! My cravings are virtually gone now.

Congrats to all the losers!! You all are doing an excellent job. I hope next week I will have a loss to report. I'm pretty motivated so I think that I will be able to do it. Keep up the great work everyone. Even if you did not have a loss try to stay positive and motivated. I know personally how hard it is to work through hard times.

Sheila53
07-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Was thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing. Congratulations on not smoking!! :bravo:

mezmerize
07-28-2004, 07:40 PM
I lost!! Yippee!!!! I lost 4 lbs. I was so worried! Thanks for all your kind words last week when I didn't lose an ounce.:rollpin: You really helped me stay to focused. You guys are Wonderful!! HUGZ!!!
Mez

lessofsarahtolove
07-28-2004, 11:09 PM
I'm so excited that Tammy's back!! :dancer: Tammy, you rock the non-smoking world, girlfriend, and I'm so, SO impressed with you!! (I also need to thank you for providing inspiration to my sweetie, who always asks if you're still smoke-free...you're showing her it can be done!!) And good job also on not gaining more while on vacation. 9 pounds is totally doable -- I'm sure some of that is water, and you'll drop it in no time at all! I'm just so glad to see you around again. :goodvibes

Congrat's Mez on your loss! I knew we were going to hear good news from you soon, with your great attitude! 4 pounds is great; I'm really happy for you, and am glad also that you found this group helpful. :)

JENNIFER!!!!! It's so fabulous to see you here!!! :cb: :cb: Woo hoo! :high: I'm so glad you took me up on my invitation! I really think you're going to get so much out of this group, and, having already appreciated my interaction with you, I KNOW the group here is going to really enjoy your input and participation. I'm so happy! :D I can completely relate to frustration with plateaus -- I'm in the middle of one myself. I'm sure we'll get through it to the other side --- of 235, for the love of God!!!!! Sheesh, that number is just killin' me! As for the feelings of disgust, well hopefully we can help you with that, because that doesn't sound like fun at all, and I really believe that it's vitally important that the actual process of losing is not a miserable experience. I intend to try to help you with that in any way I can. :grouphug:

Congrat's to all the losers, all the maintainers, and all the folks just sticking with it with hope in their hearts! We're in this together.

Br00klyn
07-28-2004, 11:25 PM
TAMMY! You've returned! We even made a post looking for you last night! You know what darlin' - even if you did gain the 9 lbs. Who cares right now! YOU HAVE QUIT SMOKING! I only wish I had that willpower right now! I must quit smoking..> That's a huge accomplishment! And for the "on-plan" - you're doing awesome and you'll continue doing awesome! This is a minor setback thats worth the reward of being smoke free! :D

Amanda Panda
07-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Yay Tammy! - putting on 9lb while giving up smoking is perfectly normal - I put on 10lb. It will come off in no time!

How is being a non smoker going?

Love Amanda x

SuchAPrettyFace
07-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Congrats, losers!!!!!

Tomorrow is the day I join the new gym. I hemmed & hawed, but my health should come first, even if I have to beg steal or borrow the money to keep it up. After my dad's health scare, I realized I don't want to be that in 18 years, so the YMCA it is.

And as MEL pointed out, YMCA means M!!! :D ;)

So in conclusion, I will post my weight tomorrow.

lessofsarahtolove
07-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Good job, SAPF, on making that decision and then making it happen. Good call -- and good luck with the M-factor! ;)

Tammy32
07-29-2004, 12:15 PM
It's so nice to be back around. I am on a very long vacation. I won't get home til Sept. 5th. I tried to go for a walk yesterday and without fail I would get so far and a big black dog would start chasing my daughter and I. I turned and went the other direction but it was a dead end. Darn that dog.

Some days I still can't believe I kicked the smoking habit. I will be extremely tested when I head toward Arkansas though. My best friend there and her husband are both smokers and her and I used to be smokers together. It's going to take alot of will power, but I think I can do it. It's way to hard to keep quitting and I am tired of it so I am not going to start back again. My husband went back to Japan today and I am pretty bummed. I'm going to try to stay very busy today.

Sarah, your partner can do it too!! It's that first two weeks that is so killer. When she is ready at least she will have great support from you. It is so important.

Mez, 4 pounds is a loss to be very proud of. I hope it gives you lots of motivation for this week.

SAPF, It's great that you found a gym. I know how hard it is to manage a gym membership but you are right your health is way to important to ignore it.

Tammy32
07-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Jennifer, Welcome to the group!! I'm sure with you on how hard this is emotionally. I hear you on feeling impatient. Since my 9 pound gain from quitting smoking took hold of me I just want it gone ASAP. I'm really glad you decided to come here. I know from experience that you are going to get so much motivation and support here. Utilize it to keep you in check and to also have people to fall back on when your days don't go as well as planned.

It's a rough time right now for me also. We can just weather it out together and it to shall pass with time. My normal exercise routine has been thrown way off and that is really making it hard. I've have to learn to keep on track even when my life is not the same routine that I am used to. I'm glad to hear that you are exercising. It makes a world of difference. Also, great job at journaling on Fit Day. My biggest problem with them is that sometimes their foods did not have the correct nutritional panels, but you can find it else where if need be.

I'm rooting for you to get under 235!! I know you can do it!! Getting under it and staying under it and moving to a new goal is going to be excellent motivation. Like I said we will do it together. I have to conquer getting under 200 and staying there. I was almost there and then I goofed, but I am working towards it again. We can do it!!

lessofsarahtolove
07-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Tammy, in reading your welcome to the fabulous Jennifer, ( :wave: Jennifer) I realized that I hadn't responded to you about your upcoming visit with your :smoking: friend. Have you spoken to her about your concerns? Ask for her help beforehand -- tell her to help you stay strong and talk you back from the edge if necessary -- and I'm sure she'll help you through it. Will you have computer access there? If so, check in here as much as you need, and I'm sure ALL of us will help you stay on track. I know I will! It's such a wonderful accomplishment - you have gotten through the hardest part, I have no doubt you'll jump this hurdle also.

Sorry to hear about your Kujo adventure -- gawd that must have been a little, um, uncomfortable! (I'm totally thinking of that movie, and that mom and her kid.....) :lol3: At least you got the extra burn from the running away! :lol: Are there stairs in the house where you're staying? Can you just walk up and down them for like 20 minutes? Even that would help. Oh yeah, and thanks for the words of encouragement for Lorraine!

I'm so glad you're back, Tammy!! :goodvibes

Tammy32
07-29-2004, 01:28 PM
*Sigh* Yep there are some darn stairs. I'm not so sure I look forward to running up and down them for twenty minutes though...lol...

My mom has a computer. My brother just gave her his old one which is a giant improvement from the one she had. It took 15 minutes just to access a mail account. It was ancient. My friend will be very supporting in not outright smoking in front of me. That will help. It's just another old habit I have to keep broken by not wanting to smoke with her like the old days. How long has Lorraine been a smoker??

I've got to do some housework. That will give me some exercise for the day. That does include running up and down the stairs to do laundry.

tolose85
07-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Hi Jennifer and WELCOME to our group! Its wonderful to have you! It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start!! Don't sweat the plateau stuff! I'm there with ya! Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll break that plateau... I am sure! What specific plan are you doing if any at all?

You've come to the right place for encouragement and motivation! We're here for ya and hope you stick around... Post often!! Good luck on your journey, we'll be here every step of the way

WELCOME again!

mezmerize
07-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Congrat's Tammy on being smoke free! :cp: It's great you have the support of your friend. Maybe your being smoke free will rub off on her. As far as the dog do you know who the owner is? Maybe you could talk to them about their dog.I hope your daughter doesn't develop a fear of dogs. My sister was 3 and a dog cornered her. She's 28 and deafly afraid of them.
Thanks for the encouraging words on my weight loss I really need them. I was so excited and still am I'm trying to hand on to this feeling I don't want it to go away. Do you know what I mean?
SAPF - I think it's wonderful your joining a gym. You'll have access to many wonderful machines. Your going to have a great time! I went with a friend and it was so much fun. I'm going to try to save some money for one.
Jennifer welcome to our group. Your going to have a really awesome time here! Also someone told me that a plateau is a good thing it's your body telling you that your diet is working. So try to look at it as a good thing. Also many people on here have helpful hints on how to "jumpstart" it. So if you have a question ask.
teapotdynamo - it is really hard to keep fit while traveling one thing I've done is ask if there is any kind of sauce on the item I'm ordering. If so I ask for it on the side or plain. I know how hard it is to stay positive. I fight with the "what if's" all the time. YOU CAN DO IT!! It's not going to be easy. But nothing worth wild is. If you slip it only means your human and tomorrow is another day. Don't stop trying!! Time to roll up those sleeves and say bring it on!!
Mez

howie6267
07-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Ok well I have managed in the last 3 weeks of being off plan to gain 9lbs back. :rollpin: But I'll be danged if I'm going to let that set me back. I am going to continue to lose weight and within a few weeks I won't even think about that 9 lbs. I am not giving up this time. I will have victory over this weight and I will be healthy. Thank you all so much for your recent encouragement. :D

Daners
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I worked my tush off this week, and get to report a .8 loss...for a total of 74 on WW, and about 84ish total. Have a great week everyone!

lessofsarahtolove
07-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Howie, good job getting back in the saddle again. You just keep that focus and you'll get right back in your groove. (I'm tempted to call you Stella again and refer to your getting your groove back....but once is probably enough with that joke, right? ;) It slayed me, anyway! :lol3: ) Seriously, Mr. H -- you're back on track and it's gotta feel great.

Woo hoo, Daners! :cb: Congrat's on the loss! 84 pounds is just stupendous.....my hat is off to you. :high:

Tammy, Lorraine's been smoking for 26 years....since she was a kick:censored: good Catholic school girl gone bad on the mean streets of Brooklyn! :smoking: She's up to two packs of Marlboro's per day....thank God not around me. I'm allergic and find it revolting.....and I'm also not partial to carcinogens. She loves to smoke so much, but she very much wants to quit. Her biggest fear is that she'll gain lots of weight. We're both the same weight now that I've lost almost 50 pounds :p and I think she uses the potential weight gain as an excuse not to try. I think the real thing is that she'll try and fail. I keep telling her that's part of the process, but it falls on deaf ears. I'm not going to go on again about how scared I am for her; I've already told you about that, but really, every time I think of it I cry. *sigh* Any advice, Tammy?

Hey, Tammy -- I wanted to ask: WHAT DID YOUR HUSBAND SAY ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS???????? He must have just been in awe!!

Tammy32
07-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Sarah,
I was terrified about gaining weight! Lo and behold I did!! But, it is 9 pounds. I have to admit there were days where I did not watch anything that was going in my mouth but it kept me from smoking. In the grand scheme of things that is not much. That 9 pounds is not going to make my lungs black or kill my heart. I might have gained a few pounds, but I gained so many more positive results!! Lorraine needs to know that you only gain the weight early on when you are in withdrawl and you are substituting food for nicotine. It's been almost four weeks and I am no longer eating extra because of withdrawl. Ego wise it would be a real killer for Lorraine to gain some extra pounds and weigh more than you Sarah. No matter how many times you can tell someone you love them just the way they are it just never completely sinks in. I think though that if you can talk her into exercising with you when she decides to quit that is going to help so, so much. Even just a nice short walk at night when it cools down some outside. I think it is very possible that weight gain is a real issue that is on her mind. Nobody wants to gain some weight when our partner is doing so well at losing it. It's kind of hard to take.

I also loved smoking!! I'd love to have one right now just to get the euphoric feeling. So, Lorraine is not alone when it comes to the love of the drug. Alot of people don't see nicotine as a drug, but it is!! I will always be a nicotine addict. Honestly it needs a 12 step program. There may be one, but I have never heard of one. Luckily, the craving and the love of smoking does slack off a whole bunch. I can't stress that enough! That first week or so is **** and that is why so many people give in because they think that is how it will always be but it gets so much better and so much easier. The best advice I can give is that when she quits it is imperative that she try not to be around her buddies that are smoking. More than likely she will fail right off. She will need at least 2 to 3 weeks break from all her smoking friends. After that it is going to take sheer will power to be able to hang with them and not smoke.

I can't tell you how many times I have quit and failed. That is just how it goes. Tell Lorraine not to be afraid to fail. Let her know that you are with her all the way even if she does fail. I always felt like I would be a huge dissapointment if I failed. You have to make her feel that if she does fail she is not a dissapointment to you at all. It is very important that she knows that you are supportive no matter how it ends. My husband was not mad that I had started smoking again after the baby was born but he was mad that I had lied to him about it. I felt that he would be so let down that I could not tell him and I lied about it. Don't make Lorraine feel that way. It is just awful.

Sarah, all you can tell her that is when she is ready you will be there for her. No matter how many times you tell her you want her to be healthy and live a long life it is not going to make her quit. The pressure will make her just smoke more out of stress. She is the one that has to make the decision to quit. As helpless as you may feel there is absolutely nothing you can say to make her quit. Addictions make us selfish and we have to reach deep inside ourselves and make the decision to give them up. I know how helpless this is going to make you feel but just let her know that you are behind her 100% when she decides to quit and then drop it. Don't bring it up again. She will let you know when she is ready.

changing the subject now. My husband loved the weight loss but was sure to let me know that he loves me just the same at whatever weight I am at. He's lost almost 25 pounds so he is not doing to shabby either. We made it a challenge. I am still winning despite my slight gain. I love a good challenge!!

Howie, I've gained the same amount as you. You are right, within a month or so it will be gone again. Behind us. And I will get under 200 lbs!!!

Dana, Wow, your hard work is really paying off in a big way!!! You are so kicking butt. Keep it up!!

lessofsarahtolove
07-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Tammy, thank you so, so much for taking the time to help me with this. :goodvibes I really can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I'm almost tempted to print out your post and show it to her so she can see how caring you are and hear what you had to say. I will heed your advice....and hope for the best. I do think seeing your success in quitting has had a real impact on her -- particularly since you're still very successul in your weight loss. Thank you again, Tammy -- that was really kind, generous and sensitive of you.

Speaking of sensitivity -- BIG props to your husband for being such a great guy! I'm really glad that he said just the right thing....and :high: to him for the 25 pounds!

Jillegal
07-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Great news about the smoking cessation Tammy, its the best thing you could have done for your health, even if it results in a little extra weight (which will be as quickly lost as it was gained).

I also LOVED smoking - the smell, taste, sensation of it. It found it calmed me when stressed and added enjoyment to social occasions (I couldn't imagine sitting in a blues bar without smoking and still enjoy myself). I feel so much better for quitting - being able to actually take a huge deep breath is refreshing and now the smell of cigarette smoke pretty much makes me puke. Mind you, sometimes (rarely) when I'm drinking that morning cup of coffee or in a social setting where lots of people are smoking I get a wee craving, but it passes quickly and otherwise I'm the worst reformed smoker around for berating people (ewww, your breath smells like an ashtray, how disgusting!!). Keep it up Tammy - if I could do it, you can do it (I'm almost 4 years "clean").

Sarah, it's so true, when it's time to quit it just happens (for me it was a scary tightness in my chest). Without warning, Lorraine will wake up and decide she's tired of hacking and coughing, tired of forking out a fortune (I can't believe a pack of ciggys costs almost $8 here now), tired of huffing and puffing after every few steps and just damn tired of being a slave to a nasty habit. Tammy's right, she has to come to that conclusion herself, but knowing you'll be there every step of the way to help her over the tough spots will no doubt contribute to that decision.

Okay, back on topic. I lost 2 pounds this week. Woo hoo!!

Okay, back off topic. What's with Krispy Kreme? First drinkable donuts and now donut wedding cakes??? :dizzy:

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/betterorworse/episodes/episode132/episode132_slideshow_02.html

Br00klyn
07-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Congrats on the loss this week Jill!!

:rofl: over the Donut Wedding Cake... What will they think of next?!

Tammy32
07-31-2004, 11:37 AM
Way to go Jill on the 2 pound weight loss for the week!! You ladies motivate me..I did some weight exercises and ab work this morning. I feel great after doing it. I want to see a loss so bad I can taste it. We shall see. At this point I will be happy to maintain. It's been super hard for me to stay on track but finally it is starting to feel normal again. Thank goodness!!

Jill, so true. I thought I was never going to have quality of life without being able to smoke after shopping, coffee, eating, talking on the phone, going out, and etc. I notice now that in most of those sitations I don't even think about having a smoke anymore. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It just takes some hard work to get there.

Br00klyn
07-31-2004, 11:43 AM
YAY Tammy! That's what we're here for darlin'!

lessofsarahtolove
07-31-2004, 01:01 PM
Jill, I really appreciate your input on Lorraine's smoking -- the voice of experience speaks volumes. Kudos on your 4 years smoke free! AS WELL AS THOSE 2 POUNDS! You're really on a roll! Great job!

I'm giving an early report on my loss for the week because *insert drum roll here* I FINALLY reached my second goal! :dancer: Thank God in heaven....it was just a pound, but what an ordeal to get rid of it! :rolleyes: Sheesh! Well, they don't call them plateaus for nothing, right?

So onward to the next goal: 215 here I come! (Is it just me, or does anyone else hear the faint sound of a train in the distance? ;) )

tolose85
07-31-2004, 01:21 PM
Jill CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lbs.. You are just movin right along! I can't wait to be back on the bandwagon!! One day at a time ya know??

tolose85
07-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Whooo Sarah!! You did it!! I told you!!! That is totally awesome! Congratulations!! Congratulations!! And yep, sister, I hear that train!! Pretty soon, you're gonna catch me sitting at the train station, waiting for that train to pick me back up!!! AHHHHH!!

That is totally awesome... I bet you look and feel great! Keep it up!!

Br00klyn
07-31-2004, 07:37 PM
I'm down 2 lbs.... It fluttered between 250 and 251 but was in 250 most of the time. So i'm counting it at 250 as I don't count 1/2 lbs. Yipee! :dancer:

I promise myself that next week I will see numbers I haven't seen in years... the 240's look out cuz here I come.. :goodscale:

djs06
07-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Go Celina, go Celina, it's your birthday!!! hahahaha. congratulations!

lessofsarahtolove
07-31-2004, 09:59 PM
Thank you, Gretchen!!! You're always there for me, and I really appreciate it, my friend. It really does feel good to make that goal and move on to the next one. 215, you're MINE! :s:

Br00klyn
07-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Awww thanks Dana!

Sarah - Again, you're such an inspiration... You're doing fabulous! :bravo:

djs06
07-31-2004, 11:59 PM
ohmigosH! i thought i replied to Sarah's too. My apologies! Sarah, congrats!

lessofsarahtolove
08-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks, you guys! I couldn't do it without the support I get here from you guys, I know THAT. Thank you again -- you guys are the best! :goodvibes

jkfla
08-01-2004, 09:45 AM
i'm slowly picking myself back up. i lost .6 but its still a loss so i'm happy! i did forget to weigh BEFORE i ate breakfast though.

JennasMom
08-01-2004, 10:44 AM
This week I am down another three lbs. Weeeee! 220!

Br00klyn
08-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Way to go ladies! Keep up the great work!

lessofsarahtolove
08-01-2004, 09:26 PM
This week I am down another three lbs. Weeeee! 220!
Woo Hoo!! :cp: :cp: 3 pounds is GREAT!!! They sure do add up, don't they??? Congratulations on the 20! :hat:

Shelly, sounds like you're making progress, and that's wonderful. You just keep putting one foot in front of the other......it'll get easier! :goodvibes