Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 07-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #1  

Question For Fun...What's the most impressive muscle....

Ok Guys. Strictly for my entertainment...tell me..
What muscle do you most appreciate on a man and a woman, respectively?

For me, I like to see Quads on a man..maybe because so many don't have visible muscle on the legs and they are diffucult to get. On the ladies, I admire pretty tummy lines (smokin' abs!),again, because I kow how hard it is (especialy for ladies with kids) to accomplish this.
I love to see beautiful shape anywhere on both the male and female form in all it's splendor but it dawned on me that when I see these traits, it earns a tad more of my respect. What is your favorite muscle to look at?
XOXO
L2L
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:37 PM   #2  
Meg

Hmmm ... on women I like arms with great definition -- probably because I rarely see women with nice arms here in Pittsburgh. We've got lots women wearing tank tops and sleeveless shirts with "bingo arms" with "hi Helens!", as my kids say. (meaning lots of flab). I guess pretty arms are really a combination of shoulders, bi's, and tri's, so I've got more than one muscle group - oops.

On men, I like shoulders (and good posture) since they frame the body.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:39 PM   #3  
Searching

I got a thing for well defined arms and shoulders on women, and calves on almost anybody. Seeing a well defined calf muscle is a beautiful thing.

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:38 AM   #4  

Thanks, guys...it is very interesting to hear your points of view.
Chris: I forgot about calves....Yes, calves are very pretty on anyone, and as with quads, (even more so) are often lacking from even the most balanced physiques....
Intrerestingly, calves are so often genetic that I will see some of the most amazing 'cows' on people who don't even work out..Damn them!

I am laughing about the 'Hi Helen's!' that's very funny..

L2L
Old 07-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

My turn, my turn,

On women, its got to be the guns. I remember Angela Bassets arms in "What's Love Got to Do With It" Upper body work is so neglected by a lot of women cause we'd rather "tone" our butts, hips and legs so nice bis/tris is my pick.

For men its the abs for me. Not just a flat tummy, but well defined 8 pack abs that take work and control in the kitchen. Whew. I think I need a glass of water.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:24 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

I love to see a man form behind... starting from the neck down to his calves ... Since I'm married I don't really care what's above the neck

Women -- Arms, shoulders, back abs, legs... Quads especially because they are soo difficult to define.... I am totally envious of a woman with muscular legs!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:41 PM   #7  
Mel

LOL! Ilene, I couldn't pick A muscle either. Great arms and a flabby butt or gut don't do much, and fantastic legs with a stick upperbody are just as useless. My first thought was defined obliques because you so rarely see them, but I do love wonderfully cut quads and calves in both men an women, but triceps are intrigueing and lats are lovely.... Only muscles that I don't like are big traps on men or women- just make people look like pin-heads, IMO.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #8  

Tiki,
You make me laugh.
It's rare that I see an '8 pack' but when I do, and it's attahced to a 6'2" hottie, I also need cold water...Shower preferably but a glass will work in a pinch....

L2L
Old 07-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #9  

OK.....

I have to comment on the huge 'Traps' issue. I am sure there are exceptions but quite often the incredible developement of these muscles is associated with steriod use.

There is a guy (many guys and girls, but one in particular) in my gym that has just monstrous traps. In addition to huge boils on his back, acne on his face and just a completely weird ,unaesthetic/unappealing, bizarre symmetry to his body. At least, in my opinion, (and a several others who have voiced theirs)
He is obviously on the juice (doing drugs) on a pretty regular basis. No doubt he is trying to make himself look great and little does he know his nick name is "the juicemaster!" amongst his peers at the gym.
and to make things worse, his demeanor is such that well....I am pretty sure he is the president and only member of his own fan club.

My husband says "Does this guy have a magical mirror at home or what, cuz all that crap aint helpin' him. If anything it's hurting him. He looks like a turtle with that little head."
Frankly it is HARD not to comment. He is getting the attention he wants but it's unfortuante he isn't getting the positive attention he THINKS he is getting.
People aren't starin' cuz you look great, Dude.
Um...Reality check needed over here....

XOXO
L2L
Old 07-22-2004, 06:58 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I like arms and shoulders on a woman. I think it's because it's my "hardest muscle to develop" on myself. So, I'm jealous.

On a man, I dig shoulders - I have no idea why. Swimmer shoulders really get me going.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #11  
wife, mom, notary public

the cobras what muscles are these any ways? (the ones that flare out like a cobra's neck)

I'm new to lifting but a man with nice upperback, & mid back muscles, leading down to a smaller waist, with a six pack. I think its the bomb.

for women I like a nice flat tummy, with a nice butt. for coming & going.

Can everyone get one? (a flat tummy I mean)

Last edited by sallyjayd; 08-03-2004 at 12:08 PM.
sallyjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

L2L, Your description of that guy made me think of BeetleJuice and how he looked when his head got shrunk at the end of the movie. Definitely NOT a pretty site.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:12 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique
My turn, my turn,

On women, its got to be the guns. I remember Angela Bassets arms in "What's Love Got to Do With It" Upper body work is so neglected by a lot of women cause we'd rather "tone" our butts, hips and legs so nice bis/tris is my pick.

For men its the abs for me. Not just a flat tummy, but well defined 8 pack abs that take work and control in the kitchen. Whew. I think I need a glass of water.

Tiki.
I'm going to have to agree with you on both counts!
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #14  
cookies are for browsers

For girls, I gotta say Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2. Great guns! angela basset's arms look great too!!! Also on women, buff glutes are such a challenge but they look amazing. Oh, I will get there..... me of the huge calves..... excuse me, they are called "gams".... muscular legs I got, but wow, try finding boots that fit your 16" buff calves and you really feel like going mooo...

I love seeing the cyclists on their racing bikes with their huge quads. It reminds me of Triplets of Belleville - that is sooo funny how they made his physique!!!
jennifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:29 PM   #15  
cookies are for browsers

I changed my mind. My favorite muscle on both genders is the muscle of the will. When it is mighty, it makes the biggest difference!
jennifa is offline   Reply With Quote