Weight Loss Support - cravings

View Full Version : cravings

samanthajosmom_12
07-21-2004, 04:43 AM
well i started low carbing 04/01/04 and have lost 43 lbs. well i gave in and had a snickers bar may be a week and a half ago. well i am now back into craving sweets and desserts like before. i have had a time with my diet. now i am thinking of food all the time. i knew i should not have done what i did but i gave in. how do you keep from haveing your cravings? I know i should exercise but i have to wait until next month for medical reasons. i feel good about my weight loss and that is not even working to get me motavated in lossing again. sue

a broad abroad
07-21-2004, 04:58 AM
think about samantha jo

JennasMom
07-21-2004, 11:02 AM
That is a good plan... I want to be more fit for Jenna. So I can play with her better, and hopefully have a longer life to spend with her.

I am not low carbing... but I know what you mean about giving in to something and then craving it a lot. Maybe if you could allow yourself a small treat once in a while it wouldn't be so bad? I don't know how low carb works, but maybe if you got like those little bite size Snickers and only had one once in a while?

Maybe just think you have come so far... do you just want to give that up? Or do the sweets taste as good as losing weight feels?

QuilterInVA
07-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately, some of us can't have the first bite or it starts a load of misery trying to get back on track. I have red light foods that I just can't handle - one bite and I want more and more so having the occasional treat is not the answer. The answer is to learn to reward yourself with things other than food.