View Poll Results: If you looked like Bridget Jones would you lose weight?
Yes, she's soooo overweight 0 0%
Yes, but only a few pounds 6 31.58%
Nope, she's perfect 13 68.42%
No, she needs to put on a few I reckon 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 05:42 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

morning girls,
welcome to the daily thread. do come and post!
to all the binge eaters out there - i'm with you. i have a terrible hand to mouth ability, and can basically eat without even thinking. i really have to focus on whether or not i want something, whether or not i'm enjoying eating it and also to slow down and chew properly. it takes ages to get into that habit! i just have to make sure i don't have any bad foods in the house and if i do get snack crazy i do it with low point foods. just remember how bad you feel after doing it, and then compare that with how you good you feel (physically and mentally) after a light, healthy meal.
good luck breaking the cycle. i know we can all do it (with the occasional relapse to remind us how bad it feels and why we don't want to eat that way). hope that helps.
kim - shazzer (shaza) is quite often used as an abbreviation for sharon over here. i'm sure they used it in the book too? apparently they are going to start the sequal after the thai prison incident (i'll say no more) so that's why she'll get to be thin in it...
a big hello to everyone, i'll be back later to post more (you have been warned!).
love kirsty
Old 04-18-2001, 05:45 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

oh, and i wouldn't want to lose much weight if i looked like bridget, but i'd go to the gym and tone up. so maybe a few pounds...otherwise, she's a fine healthy weight.
Old 04-18-2001, 07:26 AM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I am going to look like a TOTAL idiot but

ummmm, who is Bridget Jones? ACK! I am so embarrassed!! Everyone else seem to know who she is!

Angie
Old 04-18-2001, 07:28 AM   #4  

is there a picture on the web of her so I can vote?

Old 04-18-2001, 07:38 AM   #5  

Default Slinko

How did you like your first WW meeting?
Old 04-18-2001, 07:43 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

try going to http://entertainment.msn.com/
and look for the bridget jones info. there should be a link to see the trailer. if you can do that then you should get a pretty good idea of what she looks like!
Old 04-18-2001, 08:05 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

Default bridget piccie

here's a piccie to get you started...a non-typical exercise moment!
Old 04-18-2001, 09:03 AM   #8  

Thanks Kristy,

Seeing her picture I realize that I do know who she is just I didn't know her by name. I think she is just fine the way she is. I would die to look like that! (Ok, well not really die....)

Angie
Old 04-18-2001, 09:11 AM   #9  

Good morning!

Well, I voted that she could lose a few pounds, but I think she looks good.

Personally, I wish they would have gone with a naturally, bigger woman for the movie, I lose a little watching Renee in it when I know she is normally a toothpick, and had to gain weight for the movie...just my opinion though!

Angie ~ Don't be embarrassed, I don't know if I would have known who she is, except I was able to scan thru the channels one night and caught the trailer for the movie, but of course, had to turn the channel back to Nickelodeon before my kids had a fit!@!@!@!

Kirsty ~ Good advice. I, too, try not to keep many fattening snacks in the house, even after being at "lifetime" for a year, I am still learning my eating habits, and when to put the food down and walk away!!

Well, another day at work! It is getting nicer here, 55 degrees today and sunny, which is great! We are having quite a bit of flooding problems here in Wis, next to the Mississippi. Our county and many others are in flood warning territory.

I just want to say, I love my haircut!!!! I should have gone short a long time ago! I have gotten a ton of compliments and everyone thinks it is modern, and sophisticated. That was the look I was going for! I finally had to let my 80's, poofy, hairstyle die.

Well, I have been staying OP this week so far. Not much exercise in though, I am hoping to take my kids for a stroller ride tonight after work. I also have been terrible with the water lately. I need to get in my 80 oz. I always do better at WI when I drink my water!!!

Better get back to work....check in later!

(Oh, "Hi" to everyone that hasn't posted yet!!)
Old 04-18-2001, 09:24 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Well, I was MIA yesterday. I had a really bad day at work and decided to lurk instead of post. But I am back now and didn't let the munchies get a hold of me too bad! But have TOM and feel bloated and crampy!

Last night I got my hair highlighted. No one at work has said anything yet, but I have a meeting in 10 minutes, we'll see. My fellow employees are not the most observant. Anyhooo, I had a touch of red highlights put in. hubby was scared and he told me he couldn't understand why people colored their hair. When I got home he looked and said, Yup, it's colored. Then said he liked it. He looked more closely at it this morning and said he did like it again, but I think he has a couple reservations about it. BUT I LIKE IT!!!

I agree that Bridget does not need to lose weight. The reason... I came from a very high weight and know how it feels to be called fat. Thinking that she needs to lose weight is just agreeing with the Holleywood standard that thin is in. I know that everyone wants to be thin thin thin, but realistically is that normal?? Yes, she could tone up a bit, but lose weight.... nope, I think she looks great!

Tonya... we are still a bit chilly, but it is sunny today with a supposed high of 52... YAH! Also, more rain for tomorrow thru Saturday. I am so tired of rain!

Angie... I am just starting to read the Bridget Jones Diary (the movie is based on the book!)... It is funny.

Well, gotta get to my meeting. TA TA!
Old 04-18-2001, 09:54 AM   #11  

Default So happy :) (long post to follow)

I am so happy that today is Wednesday! I have no idea what I am doing for work tomorrow or Friday. I no longer work for my other clients and am supposed to be doing projects from home. the thing is, boss hasn't trained me yet so I can't do anything on my own. He has to find things for me to do which is kind of funny. And since I don't work in the main office with everyone else, it is harder for him to do work with me. (home office is in Annapolis, 1 hour away). So it is up to boss to find something for me tomorrow. We are supposed to do a project for Gold' s Gym corporate office and set up their HR department. that would be cool. If it goes well, we would do the corporate gyms in the area (mine included).

Ok, good reports -
1. I finally got good feedback from my prof about my independent study assignements. I still have miels to go but at least I am in better shape than I was.
2. I ran 1 mile yesterday without stopping!!!! I was very proud of myself. I think yesterday's thread inspired me to push for it.
3. DH joined WW last night. We was unhappy and surprised to see his weight but overall was glad he went. He even stayed for the meeting. I never go on Tuesdyas so it was a new leader for me. She was very nice and fun. the topic was good for us becasue it was handling high risk situation such as social events (very appropriate. ) (Bad note: had unofficial WI and up 1.2 pounds from Fri eve)

Jen - I have been thiking aboiut getting highlights. DH has suggested it, red in fact. I have natural blond in my hair that comes out with the sun though. I am a scardy-cat though.

Tonya - Take a pciture of your new do! I am dying to see the new haricut! Good for you for styaing OP. Don't worry about the exercise, it will come back.

Angie - How are you feeling today?

Kirsty - I agree that BJ doens't need to lose pounds necessarily but to dre-distribute it. I think she looks really good but if I put myself in her body, I may want to lose a few pounds as well. Of course at this point, I can't imagine being that thin. She is very short though.

Brenda - Sorry you were so busy yesterday. I hope you are well rested now.

Casey and Kim - On binges - I have been through some gross binges that have last weeks, normally around holidays or when I have a strong of social events at once. The WW meeting topic this week talks about high risk situations, next week is high risk foods. If you can, I would suggest going. I know it doesn't sound helpful but I think that the binge will end when you have truly had enough to make yourself sick, mentally and physically. It is similar to the feeling of when you started WW the first time - the click. I am sure that you can make the transition to getting back OP. Stock up on good WW foods and get rid of the bad stuff. Go back to journalling and water but don't try too much at once. One leader suggested mastering one thing at a time. This week, water; next week, journal. I hope that wasn't too preachy,. Good luck.

Hi to Trish, Stacey, Shaylene, Suzanne, Emily, Kay, Belle and Lolly. See you later!!

Sarah
194.4/166.6(as of yesterrday) /153WW
Old 04-18-2001, 10:07 AM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello everyone. Well, I had a really good OP day yesterday. It felt good. Thin this morning, I forgot it was Wednesday and missed the gym. I guess with my being out of town on Monday I was thinking in my half-asleep state that it was only Tuesday. Oh well.

Re: Bridget Jones. I agree that she could firm-up a bit. I bet that came from gaining weight so fast for the role and if they would not let her smoke real cigerettes due to speeding up motabolisum (sp) I bet they did not let her work out either.

Kirsty, oh, tell us more about the next movie? I hope it is soon. I feel like a teenagers with all this. Did I mention that I have a HUGE crush on Mr. Darcy! I also agree about needing to keep junkfood out of the house. I mindlessly eat as well...so now if I want a treat I have to get off the couch, walk to the store (no driving for a treat) and get it. That really makes you stop and think about if you want something.

Jen: I bet your hair is really cute! I have never had highlights (or colored my hair) but I am thinking of getting some highlights next week when I get my hair cut. You are so right it is your hair. My hubby is the same way, however. He is always like, I like long hair don't cut it. But when my hair gets too long it gets all frizzy and has no style. It is my head, so I keep it sholder lenght or so. I like it that way.

Tonya: I bet your hair is really cute as well. I know about hair ruts. I think I have had the same cute since 1988 or so (with out the bangs for the last 8 years or so). I need a new look.

Angie: I am sorry to hear about your arthritis. I was wondering if the Dr.s think weight loss will help with it? Was it you who said you were on Celebrex? My dad was RX that and his insureance co won't pay for it until he tries 2 other meds first. What a bummer...and bad insurance!

Oh, Brenda, I had to tell you that I made a diet dr pepper break through! I have worked down to one can a day (from like a six pack) and supplimented with water. Maybe I am over the Diet Dr Pepper? My bank account hopes so. That stuff gets expensive.

Oh, did I tell you all about my great finds at Ann Taylor this weekend (a store in the US). Anyway, they are having a spring sale and I got blazer/jackets for $19.99. That is right, regularly $160 or higher for $19.99. What a deal. Also, I was able to get my normal 12. That is so great! So you all may want to get over to Ann Taylor. They had a bunch of stuff on BIG sale.

Well, better get back to work. Hello to eveyone else. Talk with you later.

Trish
Old 04-18-2001, 10:13 AM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Sarah

We posted at the same time. I am so glad that your hubby went to WW with you. I would love for mine to go with me, but I don't see that happening. More than that, I would like my hubby to work out with me. He does not do any type of exercise and I worry about heart trouble in the future. He ran in college and I think he would like it again if he started doing it. He has a lot of stress at work and no stress release except smoking and computer games. Anyway, let me know how your hubby likes it. Also, I would not worry about unofficila weigh in. Bet it is water etc.

Bye all.

Trish
Old 04-18-2001, 10:35 AM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hey everyone!

Thank goodness it's Wednesday!
Tonya and Jen: How far are the flooded areas from you all? Are you in immediate danger? I've been thinking about you!

My boss is gone today but unfortunately I have enough work to last me till Friday!
So, I can't stick around much. I'm already hungry!
Oh yeah! Duh! I can't believe I forgot to share...I lost .5# last night!! Yippeee!! I've been OP and exercising every day this week so hopefully I'll see a loss next week too, although it will be TOM. Yep, I'm just a bunch of rosey posey's today. HA!

Have a great day all and hopefully I'll stick my nose back in later...
Old 04-18-2001, 11:00 AM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Stacy... I am lucky, I am not in immediate danger. We are not on the Mississippi RIver, but we are on the Wisconsin River. The western side of the state has it much worse. However, if the rain keeps coming as hard as it was, we may be in danger. I just hope there is an end soon because I want warm weather.

I am bummed.... I work (out of the goodness of my heart) for the local county Fair doing computer work, only in the summer for the fair. I do this on my free time (what's that??) after work and on weekends. Well, the person I work for is being a big stinker and I may just say FORGET IT. She will not make any changes (I am a near expert in this field since I have worked in it for maybe 12 years... plus 12 or so years actually showing animals at the fairs. She knows I had a baby and the processes need to be more efficient. But she will not budge. I can not stand this lady, never could... but I tolerate her. She makes me mad... and she is VERY demanding... like I don't have better things to do. And calls me AT WORK to complain about things I need to do for her. She forgets that I do this because I am being nice and they can't get someone else (they tried twice and it failed miserably). And she forgets I have a full time job also. UGHHHHHH... Now I wish I never said I would do it again... the problems came about because I told her in order for me to do it with the baby, we need to make changes... she blew a nut!

Life is way to crazy for me!
Closed Thread