South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 09:03 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down Struggling in Springfield

Okay, so I've been doing this for 6 days now, and I was so worried that I was going to have diarrhea because of all the fiber I'm eating (vegetables, etc.) Unfortunately, for some reason, I can't go at ALL. I know it's something that can happen on SBD, but I REALLY would like to be able to go. Anybody have any useful information for me?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:23 PM   #2  

Have you been eating any beans? That can usually help out a little. Also I know drinking alot I mean a lot of water. Other wise you might needd to go get some over the counter help. Because I know you are uncomfortable. Good luck!!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:55 PM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I drink 5-10 bottles of water a day (I'm a thirsty girl on this diet.) I eat 1/3-1/2 cup beans a day. I eat tons of celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms a day. I just can't GO!
Old 07-18-2004, 11:40 PM   #4  

Weezle,
Try adding a little, maybe a spoonful, of Metamucil into your drink. I know that on the boards I have seen in the past that suggested. Make sure that your Metamucil is sugar free. GL! that is a tough spot to be in, no pun intended .
Mindy came to the Beach 7/11/04
HW: 220
SW: 210
CW: 203
GW: 170
Old 07-18-2004, 11:46 PM   #5  
Chickpea

Maybe this is a body adjustment thing. I was doing fine until toward the end of the 2nd week of Ph. II, then had to use the Metamucil a few days. The problem has not repeated, so I still have a big container of Metamucil left! Now in Ph. II I often have oatmeal for breakfast, and my pies are usually made with bran crust (Fiber One, or All Bran or similar). I also have some low sodium V-8 to drink, but not every day.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:48 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

I guess I can try that. Maybe I'll buy the capsules instead of the stuff you stir into your drink....I don't know. Before I run to the store tomorrow night, anybody else have any ideas? (Preferably not involving a blue, bulbous object.) Thank you.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:03 AM   #7  
Chickpea

Exercise always seems to work!
Old 07-19-2004, 12:29 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

How about some ground flax seed? You can mix it into almost anything to make it "disappear".
Coffee? That always does it for me.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:24 AM   #9  

Hmmmm ... every morning I go for a walk and I can guarantee that as soon as I get too far from public conveniences I need to go. Something about the walking that jiggles it all around and gets things going. I was a bit 'blocked up' the first few days and put it down to high fibre from all the extra vegies I was eating and probably eating less.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #10  
Peanut's Mom

Coffee always works for me, too. Also, skim milk for some reason. Are you a vegan?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:29 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Weezle, this is a really common problem on SBD, especially in Phase 1. Search this forum for a lot of helpful information. There is a long discussion on Flax seeds maybe a day or two behind the main board (use the numbers at the bottom of the page to navigate...should be on 2 or 3) that may be helpful.

Metamucil can be helpful, and the capsules seem to help some. Exercise helps a lot. During Phase 1 when you are having the most trouble, consider using a stool softener (available at most drug stores) to help. When you get to Phase 2, this will be easier, promise. I'm also on iron supplements per my doctor, and trust me, that binds you up! Still, with that and Phase 2, I'm still able to stay regular if I eat lots of veggies, exercise, take metamucil, and drink lots of water. :
Old 07-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

LOl this sounds like me.

I still have issues going. Try drinking more water and the ORANGE Metamucil [tastes better!]. If you are doing all the right things and can't go, give it time. I went from going 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times every few days. Now I am at 1 time a day again. Your body needs to get used to not "spitting" out the processed foods we all ate at one time and onto getting nutrients and not as much waste!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Well, Weezle? Have you been today, or are you still stopped up?
Old 07-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #14  

Oh God! I was the same way! I was very bloated, like rock hard pregnant belly bloated and couldn't go! It never used to be a problem but after even one day on phase 1 I noticed a difference, it will go away!
I am finishing up phase 1 and it's a lot more normal for me, not the same schedule I used to have but not nearly as big of a problem!
My friend said she used stool softeners (not laxatives because they can be addicitive) for a few days to help her along but thank God I didn't have to do that!
Good luck! We'll be rootin' for ya!
Old 07-19-2004, 03:18 PM   #15  

I swear by one or two little FiberCon pills. They always do the trick without making me explode.
Closed Thread