100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh-In July 19-25

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh-In July 19-25

tolose85
07-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Hello... I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

I actually stayed the same from last week! I lost 1.75 inches around the waist from last week so I must still be doing something right! On Thurs. this past week the scale said 159! BUT today it read 162. Sooo since today is my official weigh-in day, that's what it will be for the week!

Good luck to all you losers this week!! lets make it a good one!

howie6267
07-18-2004, 08:37 PM
You will be right back at a loss next week Gretchen. It's hard not losing anything keep strong. I for one am afraid of a gain this week. I did lousy the last three days. I mean really bad. I am back on plan today and plan of skiping weigh in this week and just weighing next week. So I will mark down that I stayed the same for the week.

Scuttle
07-19-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm down 2.5 pounds this week, somehow, despite a couple days poor choices on a business trip. I think my weight is pretty variable based on water retention, though, like 2-5 pounds variable. So some weeks I'm down a lot, and some weeks I'm up, and it's just weird.

Anyway, I also started weighing without clothes (which was my apparently 2-pound nightgown before) so it looks like I have a 4.5 pound loss. Hee.

Inca's Momma
07-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Yippy skippy! Down 3 this week. Hey Gayle? I know you are lurking ;) but just wanted to say the walking is paying off. :D

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-19-2004, 08:11 AM
I was down another .5 today, so that makes a total of 3 pounds for this week! YAY! I havnt seen a loss in a while...its VERY encouraging! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEK!!!

melsfolly
07-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Gretchen - You've done a wonderful job so far and you've inspired me greatly! I still say that it takes more work to maintain than it does to lose so you're still a Big Loser to me! :D

Howie - You've been doing great also!! The important thing is that you're back on track now!! I think you've made a great decision to mark this week as a staying the same (even though it probably isn't as bad as you anticipate!).

Jennifer, Kimberlie and Amy Jo.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Melissa

lessofsarahtolove
07-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Great job all you LOOOZAHS!!! Gretchen, as Lorraine would say, "Don't you worry your pretty little face about it." (I hope you read that with a Brooklyn accent, because it makes it MUCH better! ;) )I would bet a finger -- alright that's rather gruesome, so let's say I would bet one of my cats (there! -- that's better! ;) ) that the next time you hop on that scale you'll see a significant drop. There's no way you just dipped down to 159 and then actually GAINED a couple almost overnight. It's all that dang SODIUM sister! :devil: Sheesh, how many times do we to have this conversation, girlfriend? :rolleyes: Seriously, you will soon astound us. Of this I am certain. (You think I'd want to lose one of those cats?! Not on your life!)

barbygirl43
07-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm down 1.5 pounds for the week for a total of 30.5 since I began. I've been horrible at checking out my inches (it's been a month) I'm going to check it tonight to see where I'm at. I'll post my progress pics as soon as I can get them off my camera.

congrats to all who lost. Gretchen I'm sure you'll have a loss next week. (I had to stop weighing in the middle of my week because I would be down like 3 pounds by Friday or Saturday but by my official Monday weigh in would only be down 1-2 pounds).

tolose85
07-19-2004, 01:59 PM
I am pretty darn confident that it will all work out in the end... I am almost to goal so I am pretty happy that I have hit my 1st plateau (of many I'm sure) this far into the game with about 25 to go. Sarah.. You NEED to become a motivational speaker girl! You've got me all pumped up cause dang it... I'm gettin to goal! Oh and BTW, I would love to have another cat so you just betta watch yourself or I'll fail on purpose! ha ha. Just kiddin. I probably won't be on much until the latter part of the week so I hope you all have a wonderful wonderful week!! Cheery-O!

Stinger766
07-19-2004, 02:10 PM
A big congrats to all the "losers" and for the rest of us too for keeping with it and keeping a positive attitude.

Just like Gretchen, I stayed the same this week. I weighed myself on Saturday morning and had lost 2 lbs but as of this morning I've somehow gained them back. I hardly ate at all this weekend (not on purpose, just circumstances) and I sweated like crazy too. I'm thinking water retention, maybe TOM coming up. I'm sure like most said about Gretchen that I'll see a loss next week. I'm not worried (for once!).

Keep it up everyone. You're all doing great!

Br00klyn
07-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Congrats to all the losers! :D

As for me I don't weigh in until Friday, and my biggest goal to accomplish this week is to avoid stepping on the scale everytime I go to the gym. ;)

Keep going you guys! Everyone is kickin' some major butt!

Inca's Momma
07-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Sarah you are safe I'll give Gretchen my 2 cats for free :lol:

lessofsarahtolove
07-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Kimberlie, you made me laugh! Depending on the day, I'd be fighting with you to get her to take one of mine before yours! :lol3: If I told you that I have seven of the creatures, you'd probably better understand what I'm talking about..... :fr:

And Gretchen, you goofball, you KNOW I'd be happy to trade you one of these pesky kitties for -- say........your BIKE! Huh? Whatdya say? Do we have a deal? Huh? Huh? A little "vroom vroom" for a big fat "meow?" I can put it in writing if you want. No problem....

Inca's Momma
07-19-2004, 09:07 PM
LOL Sarah, honestly I only have 2 cats and I love one of them to death, the other is a little :censored: :censored: :censored: witch. If she wasn't such a good mouser I'd throw her in the lake at work.

Charbar
07-20-2004, 08:46 AM
I can't believe that I am still the same weight. It's almost bad - because it gives me permission to eat what ever I want. I have not been doing that great. I'm eating a lot more fruit and salads. Smaller meals. - just not watching details. Trying to drink more milk (barf!!)

I am 12 weeks pregnant - I know I'm going to start gaining. Need to get the tread mill out.

Dana

djs06
07-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I lost one this week. It's annoying that it's going so slowly but I was visiting family for a few days which threw me for a slight loop. At least it's something!

lessofsarahtolove
07-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Ok, it's official......I'm down 2 pounds from last week. I was really hoping for more, because I've started cycling my calories, and this appeared to have expedited my loss of the previous week (3 pounds.) I was really hoping to report that I'd made my second goal, but I'll survive....I'm only 2 pounds away, so I'm sure it'll happen very soon. Maybe this afternoon? ;) I'll keep you posted. :lol:

barbygirl43
07-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Look at all the losers this week. WTG

Dana--I wouldn't worry too much yet about not gaining. I actually lost 13 pounds while I was PG this last time (well actually I lost 17 but gained 4 the last few months of pregnancy)

Sarah--You'll more than likely be there next week.

Raelynn
07-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Congratulations everyone that lost and maintained this week!!

I am down 3 from last week, to 233. :D

lessofsarahtolove
07-21-2004, 01:20 PM
That's great, Raelynn! You go!

Raelynn
07-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks Sarah :) You know what I noticed, we have almost the same starting and current weights. :)

lessofsarahtolove
07-21-2004, 01:34 PM
I know!! I always keep an eye on your progress.......didn't you ever get any needling feeling that you were being watched? ;)

lessofsarahtolove
07-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Hey, if you don't mind my asking, what size are you wearing now? I've gone from a 26/3X to an 18/20 pant and 20/22 top. I'm a work in progress, but I'm headed in the right direction, thank heaven....

Raelynn
07-21-2004, 01:44 PM
LOL now i'm all paranoid I'm being watched :lol: (j/k LOL)

at my highest (where I had no muscle or anything) I was a size 24/26, waist was 49 inches and wore 46DDD on the top. I am really big boned and tall also (which is why my goal weight is 170).

now at 233, I am wearing XL on the top (or sometimes 1X - my chest has totally disappeared compared to what it was before, my 38DD bras are getting lose -cry- here in Canada, we don't use the 18/20/22 size chart for shirts usually, it's 1X, 2X etc - or maybe I just shop at the wrong stores LOL). My 18 pants are starting to get loose, but 16s are not comfortable yet and I measured yesterday and my waist is 37 inches now.

How tall are you and do you have a large frame too?

lessofsarahtolove
07-21-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm 5'6", and I don't think my frame is especially big, although my boobs are! :lol: And that's AFTER a breast reduction, thank you very much! :dizzy: I'd absolutely LOVE it if they would go away -- I think they make me look even bigger, and they're the reason I have to wear a larger top than bottom.

Raelynn
07-21-2004, 01:55 PM
LOL I used to hate my chest, but now seeing how quickly it's disappearing, and also realising that I actually come from a family of small-breasted women (ie mom and sister are very flatchested), I know i am in for some of the same when I reach my goal - but I'm actually excited in a way LOL.

lessofsarahtolove
07-21-2004, 02:13 PM
I loved it when mine were smaller (after the reduction.) I felt so much more graceful and agile, and my clothing fit better. I still felt utterly feminine, but in a way that was just very, very different than the way that I do with the big boobies. More Audrey Hepburn, and less Mae West, you know? ;)

tolose85
07-21-2004, 04:23 PM
I hear ya on the boob thing... I feel like thats all you see coming especially since I lost weight and actually have a figure! I'll work on that later.. They are getting smaller though I am almost comfortable in a D Vs. the DDD I was wearing a few months ago! I am hoping I have a loss this week.. Oh you guys, I went to red lobster and they have a light menu with all calories/fat/carbs broken down on it.. It's their "lighthouse" menu. They have some really great choices and I am not even a seafood fan!

I love new discoveries such as this one!

lessofsarahtolove
07-21-2004, 04:41 PM
OOh, that's a great tip! Thanks, Gretchen...

mezmerize
07-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Thanks for your very warm welcomes! I'll introduce myself I just turned 40 July 16th :gift: and I know that is why I haven't lost this week. My sister threw a surprise B-Day party for me And I partied. :hat: Now I'm paying for it. I did go over my points but I thought I had made it up by exercising and not eating all my points. I was wrong. :(
Here's my stats.
239 (7-9)
234 (7-14)
234 (7-21)
:stress:
Thanks for taking time out to read this. Mez

tolose85
07-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey Mez... Don't be so down on yourself! Youre headed in the right direction and I just KNOW that youre going to do this... for real! We're all here to help out whenever needed! We all plateau! We all have our off days! The best part about all of that is that the very next minute, you can pick yourself right up and keep on goin'.

Congratulations on a good start! Happy belated Birthday to you too!! WELCOME to the group we're real glad to have you!

Br00klyn
07-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Ladies - I hear ya on the boob thing too... too funny! :lol:

Congrats to everyone on their fantastic loses! Did I expect anything less though? :cp:

I don't weigh in until Friday so I'm still waiting to step on the scale... Here's hopin' for a loss for me... I'm hoping to be under 250 by the end of next week :crossed:

howie6267
07-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey you think you all have problems try having boobs when your a man. LOL I hate the fat in that area most of all.

djs06
07-22-2004, 11:41 AM
I hear you guys on the boob thing! EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I am hoping for a breast reduction after I lose the weight. Even at 160, my chest was still abnormally large. I've really alwasys hated it! grr.

Howie- LOL. my best guy friend used to swear his "boobs" were bigger than mine. :lol:

lessofsarahtolove
07-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Hey you think you all have problems try having boobs when your a man. LOL I hate the fat in that area most of all.

Howie, being the "girl girl" that I am, there are so many ways I could respond here -- ;) -- but I'm going to take the high road and simply reply that I think you've just GOT to be studly, being the guy that you are. And I sure haven't seen or heard any complaints from Ms. Kimberley! ;) Hey did you hear me calling you earlier?? I'm glad you're back!

lessofsarahtolove
07-22-2004, 12:38 PM
I hear you guys on the boob thing! EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I am hoping for a breast reduction after I lose the weight. Even at 160, my chest was still abnormally large. I've really alwasys hated it! grr.

Dana, I had my reduction when I was 118 pounds......and I thought I needed to go on a diet! :eek: I had 6 pounds removed, so I guess I sort of did! I was pretty offended though, when they came back when I hit 160! My fear now is that I'll get down to 135 or 140, and end up with these little sacks hovering around my midsection. :o Oh well, what are you going to do, right? It is what it is......

Stinger766
07-22-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm having a hard weight loss and exercise week and could use some encouragement. :(

Last week I didn't lose and that was kind of disappointing. All week I've been so exhausted and I'm not sure why. I haven't been on the treadmill since Sunday (I usually walk 5 days a week but haven't at all yet this week) plus I had french fries from a restaurant for the first time in over 6 months yesterday, for which I feel really guilty. I don't know what my problem is. I've been so successful and have felt so much better losing the weight and exercising. I have no idea why I'm having such a difficult week. I feel really down emotionally too, although I should be thrilled because I bought the car I've always wanted as my summer car this weekend but I just feel drained and totally out of it.

Any suggestions on how I can get in the swing of things?? Thanks for any advice you have for me.

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Ive been having quite a hard time getting myself motovated also. The best advice I have to offer is to go for a walk. Just start back slowley. Go for another tomorrow, and the next day,etc,etc. Don't let yourself give up. You've had too much success to give up now! Also, check in here often, and post,too. There's always some here to "talk" with. ;)

mezmerize
07-22-2004, 04:26 PM
I just started W W Pure Points (I'm on week 3) I'm not real strong yet. I've been trying to think positve. I ran across this thread on 3FC http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38806 (Make sure you read the Qoute from Meg-it's mid page) All that was written really made me think. It gave me the strength. When I'm down it helps me to put on music. Forget about the fries you ate and think of right now and what you can do. If your tired maybe your body is trying to tell you something. Maybe you could do another exercise beside walking. Maybe dance in the living room to the music your listening to. Just try something that gets you moving. I personally have a hard time getting started but once I'm finished I feel great! I hope I've helped you.
Mez

lessofsarahtolove
07-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I've been trying to think positve. I ran across this thread on 3FC http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38806 (Make sure you read the Qoute from Meg-it's mid page) All that was written really made me think. It gave me the strength. Mez

Mez, I absolutely LOVE that you shared this post from Meg. She is amazing and wonderful, and more than a little inspiring. She's also a real sweetheart, too, if you get the chance to talk to her!

I also love that you referred to consciously staying positive -- that is so much of the battle, in my opinion.

Staying motivated in weight loss: It's like that saying, "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." I just find that so true, and so applicable to this whole process. I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling very successful in my efforts thus far if only because I have not allowed myself to get intimidated by the length of the journey before me, or sad because of it's hard, or sorry because I don't have the same leeway as most of the people around me and must now pretty much restrict myself to healthy food. I just keep plugging along and putting one foot in front of the other, and taking it one choice at a time. I have no doubt in my mind that I will achieve my goals, because I am surrounding myself with positive people and messages, and I am proving to myself that I can make the right decisions and remain committed to my own positive change.

I'm certainly not "all that," and I'm a looooonnnnnnnggggg way from perfect (or thinking I am,) but I do know that somehow believing in myself and staying positive in word and deed is what's moving me along and keeping me motivated overall. There have been a few times since March when I've felt less motivated....overwhelmed and sort of de-engergized, and what I did was to get more information, learn more about nutrition, or exercise, or the benefits of HIIT, or whatever. And coming here to share that information with someone else, or in a thread, reenergizes me also. I agree wholeheartedly with the walking idea. Moving my body and breathing deeply, and being in nature really helps to recenter me. (And it's even better with a dog! :love: )

I also get energized reading about successful people's experiences. If they can do it, why can't I? It's not some sort of supernatural or miraculous achievement; it's physiology. And psychology, more than that. And at the root of it, I believe, must be the belief that you deserve to be happy, you deserve to have the life you want and be who you really want to be. And that's the inside work, not the outside work. But they hold hands, the two, and even if you can only concentrate on one at a time, they're both impacted.

Ingrid, I want to help you. :goodvibes What is it that you're feeling specifically? Or maybe it would help if you could say what normally gets you out of a slump -- any old garden variety slump, doesn't have to be a weight loss-related slump -- think about what's worked for you in the past, or what normally makes you happy...... I must say it was very wise of you to turn to us for help. That's absolutely what we're here for. Come back right away and talk to us some more. Also, if you ever want to chat, feel free to PM me if you feel like it.

Best to everyone! :grouphug:

SuchAPrettyFace
07-23-2004, 02:56 AM

I hate to be a wet blanket, but when my ex got to his goal weight, he still had them. :(

He eventually had to have reduction surgery. He also had a tummy tuck. He looks great, but feels even better about himself.

I should mention he was chubby as a little boy & that's when he developed them. Not sure if it'll be the same for you.

And I weighed in at the hospital where my father is & THAT scale said 296, setting off a binge that has lasted 2 days.

PSA: when you are visiting someone in the hospital, DO NOT bring unsolicited foods!!! He sent me home with cookies, muffins, chips, pretzels, Twizzlers, etc. He's not in the mood for ANYTHING. I, however, WAS after getting off the :censored: ing scale. :(

tolose85
07-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Ingrid. What can we do for you? Would creative meal planning help? I have tons of recipes. I am willing to share all the "tools" I used. its ok to be unmotivated for a second... We'll help you get right back on it!

Daners
07-23-2004, 10:33 AM
I was down 1.4 this morning. Kind of disappointed with that, I was so on track to get my 75 pound magnet until I talked to my friend in CO on Wednesday night. "Celebrated" that with a drive through Taco Bell. Nothing had really sounded good all week. So I'm okay with things. I just have 2.8 to go til my official WW 75 pound mark. And I'm finally close enough to Onederland that I can see it on the horrizon :) Have a great week everyone!

tolose85
07-23-2004, 10:50 AM
You are doing great Dana! Keep up the good work.. You'll get there! :)

NYCchik
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
My official weigh in day is sunday, but this thread made me feel like taking an early peek, lol. It said 262...which is 7 pounds down so far since last saturday!! It's weird, because I didn't change what I ate so much, just how much of it, and I'm more concious of my choices, and it's making such a huge difference, I know the speed will level off, and that's okay because it should, but the quick change is making me feel really positive about nipping this in the bud, lol. Thanks for the support, I don't think I coulda been down these seven if it werent for your support, guys! ~Alison~

lessofsarahtolove
07-23-2004, 11:31 AM
ALISON!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!! :bravo: Doesn't it feel so great to see those right choices pay off??? I am really glad you came here to report the good news -- I just LOVE to hear about others' success! I find it such a total kick in the pants, and I am just really, really happy for you, girl! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

NYCchik
07-23-2004, 12:28 PM
thank you so much, lol, it's reactions like that that really motivate me to keep it up. It's like, not only can I make myself happy, but I'm making other people proud and happy too! it's great, this forum is great!! :)

Br00klyn
07-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Well Ladies (and Howie) ;), I weighed in today at the gym, and the scale fluctuated between 251 and 252 so I'm gonna count this week as a 2lb. loss! YAY! So next week I should be just under 250... I'm sooooo excited! :dancer:

Raelynn
07-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Yay Celina!!!!

lessofsarahtolove
07-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Great job, CELINA!!! I'm so, so happy to hear your progress.........you are doing just GREAT, and I'm really proud of you! You're right, you CAN do this!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

Amanda Panda
07-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Well I was up 2lb earlier in the week, but I've managed to get it down to 1lb - it's the :devil: water retention again ( is it that time of month again already?? :?: ) - so i am not too worried. The most important thing for me to do is keep up the exercise and stay on track as far as my raging hormones allow! :lol:

I went swimming today for the first time in years! :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: This is such a milestone for me! talk about a workout - I ache all over but i feel great and will definately be going again. It is such an all over workout that the pounds are sure to drop off if i keep it up!

Well done to this weeks losers :cp:

Love Amanda x

lessofsarahtolove
07-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Amanda, you're headed back in the right direction! Very exciting, the swimming....that's great!! Don't you just love the feeling of the water on your body? And the feeling of moving your muscles underwater.......boy, methinks I need to get my bod into the water myself! (Haven't been yet this year, amazingly.)

I just love your attitude, and I predict more good news from your corner very soon! ;)

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Just popping in to say CONGRATS TO ALL THE LOSERS!!

jkfla
07-25-2004, 01:52 AM
i totally sucked. I have gained and i'm too embarrassed to say how much in the last 2 weeks but tomorrow is the start of a new week and i will make better choices.
congrats to all the losers!

Inca's Momma
07-25-2004, 08:20 AM
I did an unofficial/official weigh-in today. Usually Monday is my day, but I woke up this morning and know TOM is visiting tomorrow so I went ahead and weighed today. Down 3, will reweigh tomorrow but if it is up I'm sticking with the -3.

JennasMom
07-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I am down 3 lbs this week!

NYCchik
07-25-2004, 04:18 PM
It's official...down 3.5 :) (6.5 since I started)

Congrats to all my fellow losers out there, and if you didn't lose, don't worry...just start up again on monday! Good Luck for the next week to everyone!

lessofsarahtolove
07-25-2004, 07:48 PM
I am SO EXCITED for you guys!! You're each doing so great!!!

Jennelle
07-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Shelley - You so do NOT suck! You've just had a setback. Don't let the scale make you speak so poorly of yourself.

Jillegal
07-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Down 3 lbs., just like the good old days and I'm lovin' it. :cloud9:

To those who've lost weight, those who've tried to lose weight, and those who've thought about trying to lose weight - stay strong and keep the faith people! :coach:

Br00klyn
07-25-2004, 10:35 PM
A big round of applause to everyone!!! :cb: :cheer: :cb: WE KICK ***!

djs06
07-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Congrats Everyone!!

Safora
07-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Woo hoo! I weighed yesterday but didnt get to post. Im down another 5 pounds! I nearly fell off the scale lol! Ive had so much going on this week that I havent had the time to eat much. 2 more pounds to my 10% goal!

tolose85
07-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Victoria-- you are doing so well! Congratulations! You guys are a buncha losers!! Way to go.. I can't wait to post another loss.. Geesh, this plateau thing is hard hard work I tell ya!

Congratulations again.. Victoria, your numbers are just phenominal! Congratulations your hard work is really paying off!

Br00klyn
07-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Good for you Victoria! 5 lbs. is a great loss in a week... :D