Old 07-17-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat, July 17 and 18

Good Morning

Whats your weekend plans ? hope their wonderful.

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:11 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope you have a great weekend!

I'm not watching what I eat this weekend. I know I'll be complaining next week. But at the moment I just don't care. Nasty attitude I know. I've got to go mow the lawn, then run to my parents house where they're celebrating the "July birthdays" (everyone in the family who has a birthday in July. I think there's 4). Then come home and shovel dirt. I'm hoping that we can get it sloped and ready to plant grass/oats by tomorrow. So it's off to mow I go. Hope you all have a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Oh....forgot to mention.....I'm getting an ear infection also. GRRR!!!!
Old 07-17-2004, 03:51 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh no Brenda !!! how about starting TOMORROW !!! Look at your current weight, OMG your doing wonderful, don't give up. My hubby said to me today, hey lets go to the cheese cake factory and then said ooops sorry. I looked at him and said you know something Hon! I HAVE to start to learn that when I go out to eat, its not an automatic right to go off the diet. I have to learn to make good choices and I'm SURE that any thing the cheese cake factory makes thats healthy is going to taste wonderful. I'll just have to skip the cheesecake. Besides, I already have one at home thats Low Carb

I know your not feeling well, sorry, but don't make the wrong choices 2 days in a row, just allow one. I'd hate to see your #'s start to climb like mine did, or shall I say I'll find out tomorrow

You've been so down lately and I don't think its the eating, I think there's something else bothering you (just like me). If you need to talk, I'm here for you. We can work thru this, and know we love you very much. Your such an inspiration to me and the rest of the gals here.

Love yah !!!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:43 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie you're such a great friend. I enjoy reading your posts and you're always upbeat and have a wonderful outlook. The reason I said tomorrow I'd start is because corn on the cob season is here and I'd like to try it at least ONCE again before doing another push to try to lose the weight I've gained.
I'm not sure what's bothering me. Not necessarily this WOE but maybe the fact that I was doing so well, did the stupid slip and can't seem to lose weight again before going off again. I keep expecting to get back onto this WOE and start to lose weight right away (again) instead of patiently waiting a week or two to see if it slips off. Might be the problem.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:22 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I hear ya Brenda. Oh corn season, you know I miss that more than bread or potatoes. We used to get the white/yellow corn mix and grill them in butter, thats my favorite, can eat 10 of them for a meal.

You know my hubby is on maintenance, he'll gain a couple of pounds but gets them off right away. He works hard all week and then allows a cheat on the weekends. Maybe you should plan something like that. It works for him and he loves it. You should see the cake he bought for his treat tonight, its like the mother of all bon bon's (well thats what it looks like). Me I had a small piece of home made lc cheese cake w/davinci's pineapple syrup drizzled on top. I could snarf down the entire cake I sware.

I'm the same way as you, do good then slip up and can't lose. The only thing we can do is keep trying. With each other we can do it.

Keep on keepin on (old saying )
Old 07-18-2004, 10:39 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I remember making corn a meal of itself. I figure I'll only have 1-2 ears of corn and then a hamburger or something to go with it. Just wanted one taste before working on the rest of the weight I needed to get rid of
Hope you all are having a great weekend. Tomorrow is a "Do over" day. lol
Old 07-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #8  
on my way down again

Hi. Nothing's going on here this weekend --kind of nice. We're having company in a while. Where between here and there for everyone who travels on the California Coast, so we're the pit stop. Hubby and I usually jump in and really clean the house, but we're watching a movie instead and I'm thinking I'll see what it's like not to have everything perfect for a very short visit from friends. I'll give the carpet a quick vaccume, straighten the mess on my desk into a neat pile, and I'll be done. Wow! I sound lazy today. LOL

oh! Corn! I haven't had corn on the cob in the 4 years I've been on Atkins. That sounds good Brenda. We're about 2 hours from Avenue of the Giants (redwoods, calif) and there's a little town called Chivley (sp) There's a road with a couple dozen fruit and veggie stands where it's popular to go stand hopping. Their corn is delicious and well known around here. I've been going for the lemon cucumbers, but might as well eat corn, since I'll eat 3 of the cucumbers like apples in no time--carbs there too, but I love them.

That "bon bon" cake sounds good too. I haven't made it to maintenance yet, but I eat like I have lately. I'm just maintaining, and I'm only half way to my goal weight.

Last edited by Barbie101; 07-18-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:21 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Barbie, hey let me just congratulate you on maintaining, thats difficult in itself.

Well I weighed myself today and AND AND...... sigh, I gained 12 lbs

I'm sick that I let myself gain that much but relieved that I know the damage and I can begin to work at it again.

So all you ladies out there that are MAINTAINING!!!!!!!!!! be glad, because thats not an easy thing to do. Be proud of yourselves okay

Tomorrow, is serious logging and exercising for sure.

Brenda how are you doing today ?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi everyone,

We all must be so busy in the summer as it's so quiet around here.

Brenda - you've done great so far, and you're so close to goal, I imagine that it must be harder now to lose weight since you're so close - you'll get there!

Leenie - Peaches & Cream corn - I miss that, too. We'd pick it from our own fields and butter and salt it up - gah - it was addictive. I adore corn on the cob.

Barbie - you've been on Atkins so long and have lost a lot! Great stuff. I'm thinking about going to a bit of a higher level of carbs, like maybe 30, so I can have some yoghurt at breakfast or in my lunch or something (I like plain yoghurt, which is 8g). I think that I'll be able to find it more manageable than trying to keep induction levels.

It's so humid. I'm sure I've complained about that before. My birthday bbq on Friday was loads of fun. Tiny apartment with lots of people. I got them to play some cards with me, but it doesn't work out so well when I basically have to teach them the rules and they're drinking. Oh well. I guess card playing is a small town thing - these were all city kids.

Well, that's all, seriously not much exciting going on ...
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote