Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default I'm new and have a lot of concerns and ?'s

I started on the SBD 4 days ago and thought I was doing fairly well. Then I picked up the Good Carbs, Bad Carbs book. In the book, it says that you don't have to weigh and measure like you do on some diets. On the updated Phase I list, I saw that you could have regular mayonnaise, so I fixed some tuna fish salad. Lo and behold, I am leafing through the GCBC book and it says that mayo is limited. I went to my fridge and checked out the mayo info(after I ate the tuna fish salad) and the mayo contained sugar. I has also seen on the list that we could have 1/2 Tbl of steak sauce, but A1 has 2 grams of sugar, too.

The whole thing made me feel like giving up. I've probably messed up a lot of things over the last 4 days and didn't even know it.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #2  

Try to keep products with added sugar to 3 grams of sugar or less. If the product has natural sugar like dairy products do then it is okay to be higher. I used regular mayonnaise on phase 1 but I kept the quantities small.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #3  

I really just want to do everything right. When I started on SBD, I had my determination back. I've already lost 4 pounds, but I think that some of that was from cutting out the 2 20 oz. Dr Pepper's I was drinking every day!
Closed Thread