General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:47 AM   #1  

Question Eating Right & Cholesteral

I have recently had a blood workup done & my GP has told me that my cholesteral level is high. I have started to take Lipitor to help bring this down but I must also watch what I eat. Can anyone help me with some good food choices to help me with my problem. I have also heard that adding Flax to my daily eating routine would help as well ... as I am always looking for the natural way instead of relying on pills.

Appreciate any help I can get on this.
Jopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:35 PM   #2  

Hi Jopa,

I also have high cholesterol and am on Lipitor. My last blood test was worse than the one I had previously, which was about a year or so ago. My cholesterol dropped significantly when I lowered my carb intake, and the carbs I ate were whole grain, nothing with white flour. I also stopped using everything that was fat free, as most everything that is fat free is loaded with sugar. I also started eating healthy fats, including regular salad dressings or low fat salad dressings where sugar is 4th or 5th on the label, and I don't eat anything with trans fats. I shopped the perimeter of the grocery store where I got "real" foods, only going down the aisle where the cereal is. I got cocky these last few months, and my cholesterol got even higher, so I am going back to this WOE to try and get it down. Since everyone is different, this approach may or may not work for you. If you try this WOE, let me know how it works for you.
I hope this helps you.
Aleka
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote