Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #1  

Unhappy How long do you think...

How long do you think this stupid abcess in my incision will take to heal? Also, I have been nauseated for the last 3-4 days and can't figure out the cause. Doctor has me discontinuing the protein shakes for a few days to see if that helps. The last couple days have been pretty bad although no vomiting.

The good news is I lost another 5 pounds so I'm at 31#'s after 18 days.
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:14 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

you're doing great.. even though you're frustrated right now... the incision is a big one. it'll take time. there's one poor lady around here whose incision has taken a few months to heal. is it getting better?? are you seeing improvement?

as for the nausea.. hmmmmmm. what's it associated with? sounds like it comes after the protein shakes, since that's what your doc wants you to lay off... what kind of protein shakes are you using? milk based or soy? mixed with a blender or not? is ice blended in to make it thick?

when i started, i took a blender and put ice, milk, protein powder in and blended it so that the ice made it really thick. and even though i ate this with a spoon because it was just too thick to gag down, it was really really difficult. very uncomfortable.. after i figured out i was swallowing too much air with this plan, and poured it all over ice, things got MUCH easier...

jjust a thought...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote