Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Feeling blaaaaaahh

*sigh*

Have hit that wall in my progress where I just can't be bothered and everything is such an effort. I haven't broken my eating plan, and am still losing weight, but I just feel fed up of the whole thing - the emotional see-saw of trying to lose weight.

I've only got 20 or so pounds to go now, but it seems further away than ever, and each pound is so much harder to shift that at the beginning.

At the gym tonight I just couldn't push myself, and was shattered after 10 mins on the cross trainer and came home - my legs are killing me.

Anyone else face this problem? I can only do this if I am motivated, and it is such an uphill struggle.

It's my birthday in 3 weeks, and I am six pounds away from where I wanted to be by that date. I *really* want to do it in time, but every day is a struggle at the moment.

Any words of wisdom would be REALLY appreciated!
Katey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #2  

My first thought is to throw a head of lettuce to take out the frustration.

I don't know about you, but I have started and stopped so many times. I really want to make it work. I can't even think about the big picture. Right now, it is a goal of getting under 200, and then work on a little more.

Gosh! You have done so great! You are 2/3 of the way there. I'm still at the starting gate, only 5 weeks in. You can't surrender now! You know what you want, and you deserve it! You deserve to be healthy and fit. Pat yourself on the back and think about how far you have come, not where you have to go!

Melanie
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Katey--

Your feelings are totally understandable. I think we all go through some sort of "blahh" feeling half way through our journey. Maybe you need to change your routine a little. Try something different. You may not be getting enough variety which could cause you to be bored and tired of doing the same thing all the time.

You've come a long way already, don't let things get to you. Think of how much your body is loving you for treating it right and getting it back into shape! You're so close to goal. And I know you can do it, you just need to find something to change things a little to bring that motivation back up. Grab a buddy or find a new workout routine. Anything.

OR----maybe you just need to go out and pamper yourself. Reward yourself for what you have accomplished so far. That ALWAYS makes me feel good! It doesn't have to be something big. Just anything that you feel like you've been wanting to get. Go get your hair done, or your nails, or a new outfit. Anything. Just the other day I bought myself a broom. I was estatic!! (ok, I'm a little crazy too) but just getting something I've been needing or wanting did make me feel good.

I'm not sure if I've help or not but know that I will be rootin for you during the rest of your journey to lose weight. Keep us posted on how you're doing!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #4  

Hi Melanie and Marti.

Thanks so much for the words of advice - they have really helped.

I think I'm going to try going to the gym before work this week, as I'm feeling resentful going after work. Maybe that will help.

Going back is not an option, so I don't have any other option but to keep going. Perhaps I'm just having a bad week - after all I have *great* weeks, so it's only natural that sometimes it's harder than others.

One difficult thing is that as I don't hate my body as much as I used to, its harder to motivate myself, as I am feeling ok about myself. But I've got to keep going. If I stay with it through this week, then I know I can always stay with it.

Best of luck with your progress, and thanks again.
Katey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Katey--

You know, I think you may be right about working out before going to work. It may help and change the routine a little. It may also help boost your energy throughout the day.

Keep posting whenever you're feeling you need to talk or need a boost...we'll be here for you!!! Feel free to PM me anytime too!!

Take Care and keep up the great work!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote