South Beach Diet - hi-I'm a newbie

View Full Version : hi-I'm a newbie

davoswoman
07-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi,
I have been on 3fatchicks off and on for years. Mostly when on Weight Watchers. I had a gastric bypass in 2001 and have lost almost 200 pounds. I have stalled though. I am eating way too many carbs and not exercising at all!! I am a total carb addict!!
I heard about SB from my sister in California. I thought "what the heck, I'll try it." I just can't do the Atkins thing because I like my carbs too much, but I think I can do this one. I just have to eat the good carbs!!
I will be starting this on Monday. I have to do the shopping tomorrow so I am ready. Plus I have to much junk in the house right now. I am making sure the bad carbs I like are gone by Monday. I can deal with the white potatoes and hubby's white bread, but the cupcakes and pizza have got to go!!

Anyway, I have already been going through the recipes on here and they are wonderful. I will plan all the dinners for the week right from those.

Hope to get to know you all in the weeks to come.

Ruthxxx
07-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Welcome to The Beach and congratulations on your weightloss. I am sure SBD will help you lose the rest of the weight but have you checked with your doctor? We do have a WLS forum here as well. Perhaps you know that already.

KristasMom
07-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Wow, davoswoman, 200 lbs! That's awesome.

I see where Ruth is going - can you get enough protein and calories after a bypass?

I don't think exercise will hurt though!

sweet tooth
07-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Welcome to SBD. Congrats on the fabulous weight loss.

Mason'sMommie
07-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Awesome job on that weight loss and welcome to SB. You'll find a lot of great information on this board about SB and a lot of wonderful people too.
Good luck to you.

Doreen :)

MichelleRae
07-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the beach :wave:

davoswoman
07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Wow, davoswoman, 200 lbs! That's awesome.

I see where Ruth is going - can you get enough protein and calories after a bypass?

I don't think exercise will hurt though!

Actually, after my surgery they emphasize concentrating on protein. I have never really done that. I am a carb addict, of that there is no doubt. By doing this diet I will actually be eating the way the doctor wants me to, so that can only help. I tend now to eat almost all carbs and hardly any protein.

I am so excited about starting this tomorrow. I thank you all for the welcome!

ellis
07-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Candy, welcome to the Beach, and congratulations on your loss to date!! :hat: