100 lb. Club - What's for Dinner?

View Full Version : What's for Dinner?

Br00klyn
07-10-2004, 03:27 PM
I've always loved these threads in the past, and got great meal ideas from them.. So I thought I would start another one... :D

Tonight for my dinner:

BBQ Chicken Shish Kabobs (chicken breast, zuchinni, mushroom, peppers)
Baked Potatoe w/ Molly McButter and No-fat Sour Cream
Watermelon for Dessert

So, whats on your plate for dinner?

JennasMom
07-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Wow sounds like you are eating good tonight! I think I will try that one next weekend.

I haven't decided what we are having tonight, probably just leftovers in the microwave. Too hot to cook anything.

SuchAPrettyFace
07-10-2004, 07:04 PM
I am having a bowl of Kashi Heart to heart, and a green apple w/some peanut butter on it. :D

Edited to say it was about 2 Tablespoons of lowfat natural peanut butter, and added to this was 1/2 cup of "Nutty Nuggets" (ghetto grapenuts), and 1 serving baby carrots.

djs06
07-10-2004, 09:04 PM
I had a meatball sandwich. Not the greatest, but we bought sandwiches for the roofers today, and I had an awesome workout.

Celina, I LOVE zuchini!

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-10-2004, 09:06 PM
We had grilled chicken breast w/ BBQ, fresh greenbeans and corn on the cob from the farmers market this AM, and applesauce. YUMMY!! :hun:

lessofsarahtolove
07-10-2004, 09:28 PM
For me, grilled chicken with a big mound of mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions with balsamic vinaigrette and fresh basil. YUM!

missaprylj
07-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Subway turkey breast sandwich... yum.

artist
07-11-2004, 05:53 AM
sliced turkey breast, low fat strawberry yogurt and an apple........hmmm, not a lot of veggies in sight......

Charbar
07-11-2004, 08:32 AM
beef tips... white rice.. tiny bit of mac n' cheese.

I've been eating a lot of smaller meals lately.

tolose85
07-11-2004, 10:17 PM
I had a chicken fajita/burrito

My own recipe.. 1 chicken breast, diced onions, 2 tbsp of taco seasoning mix, some fat free cheddar cheese in a 98% whole wheat tortilla. It was great! all for about 255 claories and 2 grams of fat!

Br00klyn
07-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Gretchen - I LOVE Chicken Fajitas, I make mine almost the same way but I use different color peppers too!!

Ladies - What is all this Kashi stuff? I don't think I've ever seen it...

tolose85
07-12-2004, 03:24 PM
I think I am going to have turkey burger melts tonight... Yummy... I am 100% on plan today girls...

Br00klyn
07-12-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't know what I'm having yet... but as soon as I figure that out.. You'll be the 1st to know! ;)

missaprylj
07-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Kashi is a brand that markets some REALLY YUMMY cereal! (High in protein, high in fiber, low in fat!)
They also market shakes and bars... maybe some other things. Anyway, it's yummy! (GoLean Crunch! is my favorite!)

Tonight.... I had

2 "pita pizzas" made of Whole-wheat pitas, pizza sauce, ff mozzarella cheese, a few ham slices.
1/2 cup of blueberries and a cut up nectarine "salad"

SuchAPrettyFace
07-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Tonight I am having brown rice, steamed broccoli, and a meatless chicken patty (gardenburger makes them). For dessert there are red grapes & strawberries.

boiaby
07-12-2004, 09:10 PM
I could live off Go Lean Crunch! I look forward to it every morning, YUM! Tonight I had a really yummy homemade taco salad. It consisted of 1 serv. Baked Tostitos covered in lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, some grilled chicken breast, 2 tbsp. salsa, 2 tbsp. fat free sour cream, and 2 tbsp. of this lower fat, lower calorie quacamole-green salsa mixture that I found at the store today. I was going to sprinkle a little cheese over the top but I forgot and didn't really miss it anyway. It was SO good, YUM!

Beverly

Br00klyn
07-12-2004, 09:47 PM
For me tonight is:

1 Mesquite Flavored Extra Lean Burger on Multigrain Bun
Baked Potatoe w/ Molly Mcbutter & HotSauce
Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich for Dessert

Yummy... I just wish these damn potatoes would hurry up and cook already! Geesh :)

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Tonight I had 2 BOCA burgers, and lima beans, oh, and a diet coke. I'll have a fudgecicle for dessert later. YUMMY! Oh, BTW... today my mother and father in law took me and DD to lunch at Cracker Barrel. I had a "Country Ceaser Salad" It had turkey breast, ham, bacon bits, and a little cheese. These I only ate about 1/2 of what was there. Also, it had onion, tomato ( I took those off) egg(only ate the whites) and mixed greens. I used fat free itailain dressing. It was so good, I almost passed out! :D

djs06
07-13-2004, 09:30 PM
tonight I made chicken breasts glazed with honey and vinegar, with brown rice mixed with mushrooms and onions.

Br00klyn
07-13-2004, 10:19 PM
On the menu tonight is:

2 Low Fat Greek Sausages
Green Beans
Multigrain Bun w/ a little bit of butter

Maybe later for dessert, I'll have a 100% real fruit popsicle or a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bar...

missaprylj
07-14-2004, 02:13 AM
I had a bratwurst w/ bun, a few BBQ chips, a handful of grape tomatoes, and some fresh grilled fish. Sounds like a lot, but I stayed OP and successfully made it through Day 4! :D:D I'm so happy. :D :cloud9:

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Tonight was Spaghetti night in our house! (One of my FAVS!!!) I had 1 cup pasta, 1/2 cup sauce, so many mushrooms that I lost count, and a big green salad. No garlic cheese bread. I cant believe I passed THAT up!! YAY! Oh, and I had a small DQ vanilla cone for dessert. Just like Apryl, this is my 4 on plan day in a row!!

Br00klyn
07-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Good for you Amy Jo! :cheer:

Dinner for me was:

Whole Wheat Chicken McGrill & Fruit & Yogourt Parfait from Mcdonalds..

Everyone was around me having greasy fast food, so I was really proud of myself for passing it up.. I will admit there's smelled much better but I'm sure I'm the only one that didn't have the tummy ache after :lol:

missaprylj
07-16-2004, 02:52 AM
Yay for you Celina!

Well, I did NOT get day 5 on plan. It's OK though, because I also feel as though I didn't go CRAZY. While my calories were WAY WAY over for the day, I am proud of myself b/c I made it through sidewalk sales, the mall, the movies, and the Olive Garden without *EVER* once saying "Well, I may as well just get whatever I want, the day is ruined!"

Dinner was Olive Garden. :ink: :ink: Tomorrow is a new day!

Fitbabe
07-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Yum, everybody's meals sound so good, I'm getting hungry. I had a grilled fish soft taco (with fresh mahi mahi, homemade salsa, a slice of avocado, and a whole wheat tortilla). On the side I had 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup fresh spinach leaves with citrus vinagrette. Drinks were 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup diet 7-up mixed with a little cranberry juice, and 1 cup water.

tolose85
07-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Tonight I actually ate a piece of pizza and a small salad (no dressing). The pizza tasted good but that will be my fix for a few months.. :)

Tomorrow I am going to have some BBQ chicken out on the grill with some grilled yellow squash.. Yum!

Br00klyn
07-17-2004, 02:48 AM
Yum! I love squash... :)

Tonight for me was "healthy" tacos, made with Extra Lean Beef, lots of veggies, a tiny bit of cheese, salsa and hot sauce on a whole wheat tortilla! :)