South Beach Diet - Ok I'm on day 3 and I WANT STARCH!!!!

skherb
07-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Ok I feel like a druggie I can't get that craving to go away!!! I feel like I have eat a house today mind you all SBD stuff.. But its about 4pm here and thats when I usually get the munchies and have somehting that I cannot now have.

Any ideas on how to get past this hunger pain. Thanks :mad:

Christian
07-08-2004, 11:17 PM
I have found that if I wait it out or have some turkey or cheese I make it :yes: Hold strong and know it will subside ...this is my 8th full day and I am down 8 whole pounds!!! Hold out....it really works and you wont even miss starch after the scale goes down.....or better yet those jeans fit really well :D:D Some people just lose inches first and get discouraged so dont let the scale be only results you seek....measure and stay focused...You can do it :yes:

RNMOM
07-09-2004, 12:30 AM
It will pass. Bring drink of water, get out of the house, think about how much better you'll feel if you don't cave! You can do it!

jenne1017
07-09-2004, 01:14 AM
I concur with the water thing. What I did to beat cravings was to drink the water until I felt like there was not one centimeter of space left in my stomach. And it actually worked!

sarahyu
07-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Try eating a serving of beans-like black or kidney. That helped me when I was in phase 1. I would rinse a can of beans-too much salt for me, then add some salsa and some ff or low fat cheese and heated it up in the microwave. It tasted really good too.

beachgal
07-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Mmmmm, beans!

SKHerb, I'm hoping you are well out of the cravings now (sorry I didn't see this yesterday!), but I think the third day is the hardest. Some people have reported feeling poorly up to day five, but three days is my personal detox time from sugar and day three is the hardest. It's like your addiction is inside you, realizing it's about to lose and it puts all its effort into one last push to get to you eat sugar. How great you feel after you defeat that addiction, though! It's totally worth it.

I concur on water, eating gum, exercising, and anything to get your mind off it! I let myself go play a junky computer game just to get my mind on something else.

sweet tooth
07-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Agree with the water...I have made myself a promise that, if I feel like I have a craving, I will drink at least 32 oz. of water before I make any other decisions. I usually find that I don't have the craving anymore.

HistoryChick
07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I agree with everyone else on the water thing. It fills you up and gets rid of the cravings. Hang in there....You can do it!!!