Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 10:53 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #187 ♥

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Old 07-06-2004, 10:59 AM   #2  

Smile Link to Last Thread...

Just in case you need to catch up, here is the link to the last thread

LINK: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...653#post619653

Sure do hope to see this thread hopping again real soon!!!
I MISS EVERYONE!

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-06-2004, 11:17 AM   #3  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny, thanks for starting the thread with the Servant's Prayer. Great idea. I have it printed and by my phone at work. I try to say it in the morning before starting my day...
Old 07-07-2004, 12:22 PM   #4  

Default My 16 week challenge

I am on a 16 week challenge based from the book 'Back on Track' by Carol Lewis - very good read and very helpful.

Here is what I have recorded for today

Week 2 Day 1 of 16 Week Challenge

Weight: 270

Miles walked to date: 761.5

Times at gym: 36

Dailiness: Gym for 30 minutes, walking at rec plex for 30 minutes (1 mile), coffee with friends

Time spent 2 hours

Accountability tip: measured out red river cereal and found that 1 label (1/2 cup) is plenty; having a tossed salad for lunch

Feelings: good so far today, believe we have the problem in the basement bathroom solved YEAH!, better day yesterday with Dom and will have a better one today - putting into practice 'believe, trust and obey' with the Lord.

Scripture Verse for today:
1 Corinthians 9:27
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Reading the Bible through in One Year: Today I am reading Philippians 3 - 4

Dear Father, You know all the foolish things I have done to lose weight. Help me today to believe that You want to help me lose all the weight necessary to be healthy so that I am able to serve You with my whole heart. Help me to trust You to show me how, and then help me to obey You completely. In Jesus' name, amen
Old 07-07-2004, 12:24 PM   #5  

Default Opps, that was yesterdays!1

Ok, I made a mistake!! I posted yesterday's journal notes - so I will not go and post todays!
Old 07-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #6  

Default Week 2 Day 2 of 16 Week Challenge

Week 2 Day 2 of 16 Week Challenge

Weight: 270

Miles walked todate: 761.5 (did not walk today)

Times at gym: 36 (possibility will go later after thunderstorm)

Dailiness: clean both bathroom, supervise Dom doing Science

Time spent: 3 hours

Accountablity tip: 2 glasses of water before breakfast, 1/2 cup red river cereal and about to have 1/2 cup applesauce

Feelings: good, tired because of 6 hour thunderstorm during night - and it is still going on, not all that pleased with basement bathroom - need to get it better ventilated

Scripture Verse for today:
Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

Reading the Bible through in One Year: Today I read Leviticus 13 - 15

Dear God, I know that I have made many mistakes in my life, and I am sorry for every one. I ask You to forgive my sin and to come into my heart right now. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sin. I believe that Jesus was buried and rose again from the grave after three days. I believe that jesus is in heaven today, sitting at Your right hand. I ask You to give me a new heart and help me become the person You want me to be. Thank you, God, for saving me. In jesus' name, amen.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #7  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Marilyn~I loved your prayer at the end of the previous post. Thank you! I printed it out. You are doing great! Thanks for being an inspiration...
Old 07-07-2004, 03:16 PM   #8  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Partners with God

God usually works in cooperation with man; we are partners with God. He will show us what we should do, but He won't do it for us in most instances. He will enable us, teach us, direct us, lead us, and guide us, but ultimately we must take a step of faith and act on His instructions, which are His Word.
The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]. - Psalm 37:23 AMP
Old 07-07-2004, 05:47 PM   #9  

Smile

Hi there you two! It is so very quiet around here these days, it's so nice to see you both Michele & Marilyn!
When I got home from Curves this morning and spent some time watering the flower pots (the rain never gives them enough water) and then I cut some hydrangea's to give my neighbors... we have three widowed ladies that are our neighbors and who doesn't love flowers to perk up their day After I delivered the flowers I came in and walked the 2 Miles I said I was going to walk yesterday and didn't So I got in my 2 miles and my Curves in today... I use a pedometer when I take my walks outdoors... I don't really pay attention to the steps taken because they aren't accurate, but I do find that the miles I walk and the calories burned match up with my T-Mill if I wear it while walking on my T-Mill. So that is why I wear it walking outdoors so I am able to keep track. I have read that the average person takes 2,000 steps per mile, so if you can walk 5 miles a day you will get in your 10,000 steps. I am no where's close to that yet.

Well, Joe is going for a sleep study on August 11th --- he's been sleeping on his side and is breathing much better and getting more rest, but they are still going to do the study. And he's almost done with his cold.

*~*~*

Thank you both for the great posts and prayers!

*MARILYN*
You are doing so well You should be so proud of yourself! Your journal is very interesting to read - nice to see that we are not alone in the ups and downs of daily diet and exercise for the body and for the soul!

*MICHELE*
How is that back of yours!?? You feeling any better after the chiro?

*~*~*

Well CER's, Joe is due home for dinner soon and I must be getting back to making it.
"Hello's out there to everyone!"
*MARY* *ANGEL* *SAMI* *WILMA* *SUE*
*SHERRY* *VALERIE* *CEEJAY* *DEENIE* & *AGGIE*

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-07-2004, 06:26 PM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Sunny! So happy to see you too. I guess I've been complaining so much and it's a daily thing, i forgot to mention it. My back is a teensy bit better, but it's still very much up and down. I didn't go to chiro until after work yesterday and after being in bed ALL weekend, it was bad again after sitting and walking all day, by the time i left the chiro after work i was in tears on the way home yesterday. I went home and went to bed, didn't take Tylenol PM at night on purpose and was up all night....at 1:30.....3:30...5:00 something.....it was miserable and i'm so tired today. BUT.....I got up and in the tub this a.m. and I felt really GOOD. Weird huh? But then i was adjusted in a.m. and now i'm not so great again. I just know it's going to get better and I have faith that God can heal me. I should be taller today, he put this thing around my head this a.m. and then pulled like he was stretching me. Felt weird but good.

John called me last night... His brother is a chiropractor and he asked his opinion and he had nothing but good to say about the treatment i'm getting. It was encouraging to hear that.

Glad to hear Joe will have his sleep study too. Is he feeling better then? And hey, you, you are doing great too!
Old 07-08-2004, 08:31 AM   #11  

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a good holiday. I took a trip to Texas with Connie (manager of the TV station) She had some singing appearances & I went along as a friend & to get away for a little while. We had a real nice time. I rested a lot at the motel, while she did some running around with a friend. That was fine, as my Remicade has worn off & I'm quite fatigued. We met a few well-known singers & producers, etc. It helped me to get away for awhile.

Sami...I'm so sorry about your mother's voice. Try not to worry too bad, until you know more. The Video Engineer at the station, Randal, has a mother with the same problem. Her voice left like that about 4 yrs ago. They never did find anything wrong. She still has no voice. Has to scream, as you said, just to be heard. Such a mystery. I'll be praying.
Thanks for asking about my son. He is doing great, drug wise. He's still clean & won't even take Benadry, Advil, etc. or anything else, even when he has a migraine....& that's quite often. He's afraid they may be called to court, & it would show a false positive, as before. At the moment, it's every other week on custody. It may end up that way. DIL & her family have really been doing things dirty....even trying to turn the girls against their daddy. Just help us pray. Trial is August 14th.

Well....gotta go....praying for all of you.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:59 AM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I guess it has been a while since I was here. It's been busy and with company coming (again) this weekend I have lots to get ready for. I've been going to Curves and have started doing the WATP 1 mile on my off days. I didn't do the tape this a.m. because I woke up with a headache and I'm trying to get rid of it before work. It's my long day at work so I'm sure I'll get that mile in today anyway!

I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well. I miss you guys when I don't come here.

Have a great day!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #13  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Only woke up a few times last night, but my left hip is really really sore. This a.m. i woke up very tired but the a.m.'s are better as far as pain. I'm at work, but feeling not so great.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:43 PM   #14  

Default Just popped in

Hello Everyone...Sorry I've not been here. Work is monitoring internet and I've been WAAAYYYY too busy at home in the evening. Trying to get Gary's business books caught up so believe me, I'm on the computer tons.

How is everyone? Michelle? OUCH! What happened at the chiro?
Sami- thanks for the info
SunnyD- Hope Joe is feeling better
Wilma- you're posting as much as me lately

I gained a couple lbs back on vacation but am back on track this week. Hey, I actually went to curves 2x and again tonight. I'm going to go 2x a week. I'd go more if I had extra time.

The holiday weekend was good...a little busy but only a bit. Very restful.

Chicken Capri tonight for dinner...good ole standby on phase 1 of SB Diet.

I'll keep in better touch...g'bye for now!

Hugs and more hugs...mary Kay
Old 07-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #15  

Smile

Hey there CER's,
It's so nice to see everyone
I went to Curves this morning and walked 1.75 Miles when I got home... figured I needed to even out my miles and I was already in my workout clothes, so I just hopped on the T-Mill. It really helped that it's so much cooler today and clear... the humidity went way down, so I was able to open up the house. That is such a nice feeling. I think the hardest part of winter is when I have to close up the house for more then 7 months, so I just take in days like these.

*~*~*

*MICHELE*
I am glad to hear that your back is a bit better... so sorry you weren't able to get the sleep you needed. Unfortunately a lack of sleep has a way of catching up with you one way or another. I will continue to hold you in prayer that your back heals more and more as each day goes by. My SIL is hurting allot with her back (bad disk) too --- my heart really goes out to those of you who suffer so with that pain.

You are so adorable when you speak about John

Yes, Joe is feeling better... he still sounds heady from his cold, but he sounds worse then he is. Although, he did mention that his throat was a bit sore this morning. He was checked for strep, so he doesn't have that. I think he was sleeping with his mouth open last night and it dried him out. Oh... the fun part of getting older

*ANGEL*
So good to see you... sounds like you had a good time on your vacation!! Good for you --- you needed to get away from all the commotion going on in your home. How were things when you got home? Have the roof on now? The last I remember you stopping in you didn't have a roof and it rained into your home. Get some rest & feel better...

*WILMA*
It's soooo good to see you!

I went to Curves this morning too... and walked 1.75 Miles --- I needed to even out the month so far. I have 15 Miles for the month so far with a goal of 45 for the month. I think I am doing okay

I woke up with a headache yesterday! I think it was from the weather change here - barometric pressure I think. Women are very sensitive to weather changes you know... feel better real soon!!! Hope your day is going well!

*MARY*
Hey there!! I thought we lost you So many stop in but don't stay and I hated to think we lost you too. What is is Chicken Capri? Sounds fancy! My sister has lost 9 lbs (in 11 days) so far on the SBD --- she is so excited, and I just couldn't be happier for her!!

As for Curves... it's great that you are getting back into it again --- I seem to average 2x a week too. Once in awhile I make it there 3x a week... there's so much to do during the summer.

Glad to hear that you had a nice 4th. We didn't do much at all this 4th of July and it felt real nice... Joe wasn't feeling well with his head cold, so we just watched allot of movies and played card games. We both enjoyed the quiet of the whole weekend... the only day we went out was on Monday and then we were out all day shopping - that was a fun day, but we spent wayyyy too much $$$$

*~*~*

Take Care Gang... so good to see you all stop in. I sure would hate to see this thread ever stop
Later...
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread