South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 03:10 AM   #1  
Skeptikca

Default Cool whip question

What do we do about the partially hydrogenated ingredients in cool whip? I had become addicted to sugar free jello and cool whip for dessert after dinner until I read the ingredients on the cool whip. Supposedly cool whip is OK to have, according to Dr. A, but when I read that I was confused as to whether there is another kind of problem with using it...

Any experience with this or comments?

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #2  
Traci

I've noticed this as well and always wondered what the deal was. I've avoided it because of the trans fat.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:06 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Skeptikca, good question! I have the same issue regarding the sugar in Cool Whip. I think the deal with both questions is that the amount is so small, it is neligible, so he's okay with it. If it really bothers you, try real heavy cream whipped with Splenda. You'll get saturated fats, but no hydrogentated yuckiness.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptikca
What do we do about the partially hydrogenated ingredients in cool whip?
I completely wondered that too! I've been eating it, dipping my s/f, f/f fudgesicles in there in the evening. I've still lost despite this, so I'm hoping that -- like the other girls said -- it's such a small amount that you're eating, it shouldn't affect you much.

That said, I'll probably try to avoid it a bit more now.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:36 AM   #5  

I eat the regular Cool Whip, not light or fat free. Love it right out of the freezer. As long as you don't eat the whole container in one sitting I don't think there is much in Cool Whip that is going to hurt you.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Not eat the whole container in one sitting? But, that 8 oz container is only 1 maybe 2 servings! Who ever said that a serving is 1 tablespoon obviously wasn't eating it properly

Honestly, that is why I can't have it in the house, none of it -fat free, low fat or regular. I would slowly nibble at it until I had eaten the whole thing in one day. A tablespoon here, a tablespoon there, a finger full here and a finger full there and then all of a sudden the bowl is empty. Oops!

Sarah
Old 07-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lyrac, since Cool Whip not only has sugar, but also has really bad kinds of fat (hydrogenated), you really should not eat the regular version if you want to have healthy blood chemistry. Cool Whip Free is your best choice out of all three versions as it has the least amount of hydrogenated ingredients. And you need to measure out 2 Tbsp and stick to that, as it can be addicting.
Closed Thread