South Beach Diet - New to Board and SB

View Full Version : New to Board and SB

blazesmum
07-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Hey all from a sunny Alabama. My name is Shelle...36/married. I have geared up to start Phase 1 of SB tomorrow. Eek! :) I have tried every know diet at least twice. I have come to realize that sugar is my main problem. I just can't moderate it, and I overindulge in the highly processed sugary foods. From the looks of SB, it may be just what I needed. I really want to get off of this crazy moody sugar high/low merry go round, and I would love to drop a few (okay, ALOT) of pounds in the process.

I am looking forward to this. I know the first two weeks are going to be rough. My favorite foods in the world is bread, pasta, and Mt. Dew. Pretty sad, huh!? I have to admit I am slowly losing all energy from such a bad eating life style.

I am going to look through the boards on here...looks like there are lots of great recipes and ideas.

Ruthxxx
07-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi, Blazesmum, and welcome to The Beach. Read as much as you can and ask questions. Please join us in our chat on the Daily.

Mason'sMommie
07-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Hi :wave:,
Welcome to SB. You'll find a lot of wonderful information here and some great people, too. Good luck to you.

Doreen :)

kaetra
07-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the beach!

ellis
07-06-2004, 09:11 AM
My favorite foods in the world is bread, pasta, and Mt. Dew.
:lol: Join the club, Shelle! We're very glad to have you here. :)

clovey
07-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Yes, welcome! Good luck, and I look forward to getting it know you.

sweet tooth
07-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Welcome. You'll fit right in with the rest of us. We all have those cravings-mine is pasta- and it is wonderful to have the support of the group here.

beachgal
07-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Welcome, Shelle! :wave:

I think the majority of us here are recovering carb/sugar-aholics! :lol: I know I am! I didn't think I could live without bread and sugar, but I've been doing it since 4/28, and I've lost at least 46 pounds (maybe more!)! :D You can totally do this, especially with your great attitude!

The first three-five days of Phase 1 can be ****, because you are sugar detoxing, but we'll hold your hand and you'll make it through. :goodvibes: Find the PB cup recipe on the recipe forum...that can help. :D