100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh-In July 5 July 11

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh-In July 5 July 11

tolose85
07-04-2004, 11:02 PM
I think those are the correct dates!

Wow- another week down! Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday!

I am very happy to report my 2 lb loss this week... Whew! I didn't think I would have any because good ole' TOM is here for a visit, and boy I did I look and feel like the Pillsbury Dough Boy this morning. As I tip-toed my way to the scale this morning I had such an anxious feeling going on in my stomach! Unbelievely, the dial on the scale managed to find it's way down to 165.

SO... I am thrilled! I had some icecream tonight, that is becoming a little too familiar these days. I think its time to cut out the ole ice cream shop! What can I say TOM always wins when visiting! :devil: That's my excuse for this week anyway! :lol:

Barb1958
07-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Awright Gretchen!! That's terrific loss!! I'm so impressed by your stats. Are you following a formal plan? Your own plan? Hope you don't mind me being nosy--you and I started at the same weight but I'm only a couple of pounds down so far. Any motivational words appreciated.

Barb
224.5/222/150-ish

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-05-2004, 10:55 AM
:devil: :mad: THE VACATION DID ME IN!! :mad: :devil:
Im up 2 pounds this week...b/c of all the lucious dinners and skipping the gym. My DH went back to work today, so I'll have the house to myself today to recollect my thoughts and get back on track. (not to mention CLEAN this pigstye!) Great job Gretchen! You are melting away! Good luck to everyone else this week!!! :dizzy:

tolose85
07-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi Barb!

You're not being nosy at all! I love sharing! I am not following any formal plan, I formulated my own plan. Basically I am doing around 1000 calories per day, I have cut out all regular soda, and I eat no fatty/fried foods. I eat lots of chicken, turkey, turkey burger (extra lean) and very seldom have red meat. I have really taken on a positive attitude and I fully believe that is what is helping me be successful! Exercise is key, I try and get at least 20 min of cardio in per day and some weight training for toning. Occasionally, I will have a treat of DQ icecream, but I always make sure that I have the calories budgeted for those days. I'm having a great time! Good luck to you and please feel free to ask questions any time.

Raelynn
07-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Congrats Gretchen on your loss!

Amy Jo - those pounds will come off quickly. :) You'll have a loss to report next week. :)

I am down 4 this week (1 that I gained last week + 3 more) to 238. :)

Barb1958
07-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Go Raelynn!! That's a great loss for you!! I had a "maintain" and I'm ok with that.

djs06
07-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Good job, guys!

I'm down 2 this week, but I just got home from a weekend with my boyfriend which included a bit too much food and alcohol. Ah well, 2 days won't totally kill me.. and I did much better than I thought I would.

Inca's Momma
07-05-2004, 07:10 PM
I am down 2 for the week. I am happy with that since I had knee problems and couldn't exercise most days.

artist
07-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Hey guys - congrats to all you big losers! You are doing so well!!!

Amy Jo - well, vacations are just like that, somehow....don't worry, you had the guts to get on the scale, and those extra lbs will soon be gone.....

Scuttle
07-06-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm up 1 pound this week (haven't corrected the sig yet) but not quite sure how, as that would mean I'm eating 6000 more calories over the week than I ate when I lost a pound? I had a weekend out (and a 10-Nutter-Butter grazing incident) and expected to maintain, since I still was only over my target for about 800 calories that one day, so not sure what's up with that.

My scale's temperamental, though, and moving it an inch or two to the side can throw off the weight by a pound or two, so who knows. And my pants are feeling looser, so I'm not going to worry about it and assume it'll all sort out eventually.

howie6267
07-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Don't worry Jennifer you may not have even gained. Sometimes I think we would all be better off just weighing once a month. Especially you ladies. It seems like so much can affect your weight that once a month would be a much better choice. So even if you do keep weighing every week it might be better to look at it in months instead of weeks.

lessofsarahtolove
07-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Sometimes I think we would all be better off just weighing once a month. Especially you ladies. It seems like so much can affect your weight that once a month would be a much better choice. So even if you do keep weighing every week it might be better to look at it in months instead of weeks.

Howie, I couldn't agree more. I think that's a great suggestion/reminder. Or maybe don't assess your success solely by your weight, but instead by inches, or body fat percentages. I like my body fat scale for that reason; I can see the scale weight remain the same, but see my body fat percentage go down -- and then I know that I'm just retaining water for whatever reason.

It's just so easy to get discouraged by simple, straighforward poundage when you're really counting on seeing improvement. That whole, "I want what I want when I want it" thing. That said, I just got back last night from an extended weekend holiday (rented a cabin in West Virginia with my sweetie and our dog,) and this morning I did weigh myself, but not without preparing myself for the worst beforehand. What I saw was that I didn't gain any weight -- didn't lose any either -- but I saw a percentage point reduction in body fat. So, while I'm not thrilled that I didn't see the weight number move, I'm happy with the BF% reduction, and know that I'm probably just retaining water from the few small splurges that I enjoyed over the 4 days.....I'll get over it. ;) I'm just so happy that I have this scale, because I have more information to give me a broader perspective on where I really am at any given point.

Great job to everyone on their losses! :cb:

Tammy32
07-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Howie, that is a really good point. I'm not sure if I could do it just once a month, but I think I could certainly manage twice a month as opposed to every week. I just sometimes need to see that number every week to keep myself accountable to what I am doing. But, yes, many things can certainly affect the number on that scale.

Gretchen, you are getting so close to your goal weight. If you start dropping only 2 pounds per week that is still great. You are still steadily losing. Keep up the hard work!!

Amy Jo, I'm like you. When having to face a change in the normal routine I don't do so well. I have to really work on that or else I am doomed to fail. I'm sure you will get right back on track. Doing the housecleaning is wonderful exercise!!

Raelynn, Wow, that was a really nice loss!!

Barb, I have to congratulate you on maintaining. That is so much better than a gain!!

Dana, for having a weekend out you did wonderful. Maybe you did not overdo it as much as you thought. Great job!!

Kimberlie, You did excellent for the week!! I'm sorry that you have knee problems. I really don't have to many problmes with my knees but my mom does and she suffers horribly. She wants to lose weight, but she can't exercise very much. I've told her just changing her eating habits will give her some results on the scale. I think maybe I am starting to convince her a little bit. I know that since I have been losing weight that I am not so stiff in my joints in the mornings anymore.

Jennifer, I bet next week the scale will reflect the loss of that pound and then some. Since the scale is tempermental I would not worry about it to much. Howie is right, us women have so much that can be going on with us at one time. Water retention could have been your problem this week.

Sarah, I want a scale like yours. Where did you get it?? I've always said I would not purchase a scale, but I really get sick of trying to track down a scale to weigh on every week and when I am on vacation it's not going to be easy either. I think I might try to start weighing only twice a month. If I notice that I'm not keeping myself in check I will go back to once a week. Great job at maintaining!!

chequitagirl
07-06-2004, 03:11 PM
boy everbody is doing so great. CONGRATS to all of you. i am happy to say i am down another 4 lbs. for this week. i am now officially lower than the weight on my drivers license.

tolose85
07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Wow- Audrey---- what the heck are you doing to get those lbs off!!

Congratulations to everyone this week.

Thanks for your encouragement about the 2 lbs Tammy.. I have been anticipating this "slow down" and am ready to tackle it head on. I've added a 2 mile walk at lunchtime to my exercise program. Today I did the 2 miles in about 30 minutes which I think is average. Id like to shorten that time but the problem is that I AM at work-- (and in suits) while doing that so I can't get too sweaty and gross!

Sounds like we all did pretty ok over the 4th holiday!! Congrats!

Daners
07-07-2004, 12:19 AM
I was down 4.6 this afternoon at the meeting. Woo hoo...that is all.

Charbar
07-07-2004, 08:48 AM
way to go everyone! daners - 4.6 that rocks!

Me? I stayed the same :D I feel like I've gained a ton - but the scale is not moving. I was sick for the first time on Sunday. then again yesterday too. Too bad I had no food in my stomach :lol:

Dana

lessofsarahtolove
07-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Alright, I know that I just came here yesterday and told you guys that I hadn't lost anything after my vacation, but I weighed myself again this morning, and I'm down a pound! Woo hoo! Undoubtedly water weight, but a welcome sight nonetheless! I'm looking for more this week.....How awesome would it be if I could get down to 239 by next week??? Ok, I'm going to push hard to meet that goal. I've said it here, publicly, and I know it's a wee bit aggressive, but not at all out of the realm of possibility. 239 it is, and 239 it will be. :judge:

tolose85
07-07-2004, 01:32 PM
You can do it Sarah!! I know it!!!..

howie6267
07-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Good for you Sarah. I'm rooting for you.

Tammy32
07-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Audrey, you are really kicking butt!! I lied on the weight of my drivers license..LOL..I'd love to be at that weight. One of these days I will. My military ID says I am 160ish I think. I can't wait til that is not a lie anymore.

Gretchen, if you stay at losing 2 pounds per week that is not a slow down at all. Most people strive to get at least that on a good week. You are doing great and I think that you are not really going to have to much slow down. You are almost there. You are doing excellent Gretchen.

Sarah, Wonderful to hear that you saw a loss!! Water weight gets me sometimes too. I have to get used to that. When I was younger it was not an issue. It has not bothered me to grow older but sometimes I'd like to be able to have some of those things that worked better when I was younger. Sarah, I have no doubt that you will meet your goal. I think you can do anything you put your mind to. You just come off as that kind of person. I'm rooting for ya!!

Awwww...Poor Dana..Yuck!! Being sick stinks. Great job on maintaining your weight!!

chequitagirl
07-07-2004, 03:22 PM
gretchen i am literally working my behind off. i believe i have finally figured out the secret to losing weight. it is...............................................w orking my body more than what i eat. in other words, work off more calories than i take in. boy, that sounds so easy, why isn't?

tolose85
07-07-2004, 03:39 PM
You are such an inspiration Audrey!! You are doing so well.. It sure does pay off to work that butt off (figuratively AND literally)!

lessofsarahtolove
07-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm down another pound since yesterday! So it's 2 since Tuesday, and I'm only one pound away from my little mini-goal. I'm thinking maybe I should modify that goal a bit, as I'm still of the mind that I can lose another two pounds before the beginning of next week! So, 238 it is!

tolose85
07-08-2004, 10:33 AM
SARAH!! Thats awesome! Congrats! I know you'll make the goal!

Stinger766
07-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone.

I've posted here a few times (a few months ago now). I've been trying to find a place on this site where I fit in and where the group moves fast and is supportive. Having lurked here again the last week or so, you seem to be the best group so I'm hoping I'm welcome here. :)

Below are my stats. I'm feeling 100% better than I did when I started in January. I had my cholesterol re-checked last week (my total was 223 last Nov so they wanted to re-check after 6 months) and it's down almost 60 points to 173! I take meds for high blood pressure and although my blood pressure has gone down, I still need the meds. My blood pressure and cholesterol were some of the main reasons that I wanted to lose weight. I want to be off the blood pressure meds.

I guess that's enough to get started here. You guys are so supportive of each other. I'm hoping that I can be as supportive as well. :)

Talk to you soon!

Ingrid
Weight loss start date: 1/12/04
Weight lost last week: 3 lbs
Weight lost total: 60 lbs
Weight left to lose: 90-120 lbs
350/290/275 by labor day/180-200
sw/cw/mini goal/ultimate goal

Inca's Momma
07-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Welcome Ingrid! You've come to the right place for support and encouragement. We got a great group of gals and a couple guys :p here to help ya through the journey. You've done an awesome job so far of losing weight. KUDOS!

howie6267
07-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Glad you are here Ingrid. I think this is the best group on here also.

barbygirl43
07-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Looks like a lot of losers in here.
Welcome Ingrid. Your stats look great.
As to the gainers--it will all come off in no time, don't sweat the gain.

As for me I'm down .5 for this week and I'm super happy with that since I didn't really monitor what I took in Friday-Monday (I did journal it down afterward though).

lessofsarahtolove
07-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Hello, Ingrid, and welcome to our group! :wave: You go with the 60 pounds!! That's excellent!! Yup, we're an elite group, alright -- we're warm, compassionate, hardworking, and human........and it sounds like you'll fit in very nicely! :)

I look forward to getting to know you better and applauding your continued success! :cb:

tolose85
07-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Welcome welcome Ingrid! We are VERY HAPPY to have you! We are a great group for support and encouragement!

howie6267
07-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Down 4 more lbs this week. I was surpised it was that much after the last two weekends. I am so happy.

lessofsarahtolove
07-08-2004, 05:01 PM
HOWIE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: You know, I would think you'd be losing weight at 1800 calories a day, you disciplined man! :dizzy: I'm really proud of you, Howie....great job! Kimberly must be so proud of you, too!!

Stinger766
07-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Congrats Howie. That's a great weekly weight loss! You must feel great about it!!!

I'm trying to average 2 lbs per week and anything above that is excellent so in my book you couldn't be doing better. :) Keep up the great work!

lessofsarahtolove
07-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Congrats Howie. That's a great weekly weight loss! You must feel great about it!!! :) Keep up the great work!

Oh, now, I definitely like this Ingrid! ;) She's a very welcome addition to our supportive group!

tolose85
07-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo

Way To Go Howie...

Yeee Haw!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Fitbabe
07-08-2004, 07:07 PM
I stayed the same for the 6th week in a row. I'm trying not to get frustrated with that. I know I've gained muscle and lost fat but I just want the scale to move down. Anything - even half a pound will make me happy. I'm so close to my goal. I am not going to give up on myself this time.

Here are my victories for the week: I am now wearing size 10 jeans and wore a bikini in public for the 3rd time this summer at a beach party on the 4th.

Next week I will lose at least half a pound!

SuchAPrettyFace
07-08-2004, 07:20 PM
:cheer:

Congrats everyone!!!

My gym closed, so I haven't been on the scale this week. Next week for sure!

howie6267
07-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone it sure feels good. And great job everyone else. Kimberley lost 2 this week so that makes a total of 15 for her. I feel so revived. I was really down for the mistakes I made the last two weekends but even so I got a great payoff. I will be in control this weekend. Only one treat night. Even if I did lose weight I almost lost control and that is what scares me.

Lori just hang in there you will see it come off.

artist
07-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Howie - CONGRATULATIONS, man, you are doing so well......just learn from those mistakes, stay on track this weekend, and you will be rocking!

Fitbabe - well done on maintaining such a fabulous weight loss. You must be feeling great and looking great. As to those last few pounds....don't give yourself a hard time, you'lle get there, just enjoy the Summer in that bikini!

Ingrid....welcome, welcome, welcome. You're right, we're a great, supportive, fun group, and it looks like you've done a great job so far.

Everybody else doing so well - congratulations......there is some serious weight loss going on here!

Gardenwife
07-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Actually, folks, Kimberley lost three pounds this week! I just weighed and it said 257. If I leaned back, 256, LOL. There's the true weight and the leaning weight, ya know. ;)

You guys are such an encouragement! I can't let ya praise Howie more than me, though!

You da man!
I love you!
I'm proud of you!

(Those of you who don't know, Howie's my hubby!)

lessofsarahtolove
07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Congratulations, Kimberley!!! Great job on the 3 pounds!! Doesn't it feel great???

Howie, don't be too hard on yourself, and keep your chin up. Keep your mind on the big picture, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Think of how far you've come!! You're doing SO, SOOOOO well, you can't let the slip-ups demotivate you or slow you down. I'm so glad to hear that you're "revived" and that you showed another 4-pound loss! I completely understand feeling afraid of losing control entirely and slipping into old behaviors, and I think you're right to dial it back to just one treat night. Is that a single treat meal? Or an entire night? ;)

Stinger766
07-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Is anyone else scared about maintenance at the end of all this? I know I'm looking WAY into the future but....

I know how to lose weight but I have no clue how much fat, calories etc I'll be able to have to maintain and how much I'll still want/need to exercise. I'm scared to death that I'll lose all this weight and then be struggling to keep it off when I try to go to the maintenance phase.

Sorry if that's a weird comment. Because it's going so well I've been thinking a lot about how my life will be when I get to my goal.

Thanks for listening. :)

lessofsarahtolove
07-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Is anyone else scared about maintenance at the end of all this? I know I'm looking WAY into the future but....

I know how to lose weight but I have no clue how much fat, calories etc I'll be able to have to maintain and how much I'll still want/need to exercise. I'm scared to death that I'll lose all this weight and then be struggling to keep it off when I try to go to the maintenance phase.

Sorry if that's a weird comment. Because it's going so well I've been thinking a lot about how my life will be when I get to my goal.

I plan to keep on doing what I'm doing. I'll just probably up my calories a bit, a little at a time, and monitor it till I reach a good plateau level, with the same nutritional ratios. I intend to maintain -- actually increase! -- my exercise levels, and I'll still eat 5-6 little meals a day, etc. Really, the only thing I intend to change is the caloric level. That's it. This is forever, and I'm completely ok with that. If I want a treat, I'll factor it in, just as I do now, and then I'll jump right back on "plan."

Have you visited the Maintenance forum here at 3FC? It's great, and I highly recommend you do so, if you haven't already.......they're living what you're talking about and are our own resident experts! (And an awesome group of people.)

tolose85
07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm with Sarah on this one.. I plan to continue my eating habits as they are now with a slight gradual increase in caloric intake (so that I don't keep losing forever hee hee). I will probably continue to monitor the scales on a weekly basis once I get to goal so that I know where I stand. SO, if I WOULD gain a lb. or two for some weird reason, I can catch it immediately and restrict my calories more the following week. It's all going to be trial and error in the beginning of maintenance just as it was when I developed my new eating plan for losing weight. I don't ever plan to hog out like I did before and greasy, fatty foods make me feel sick and I don't WANT to eat them now or ever!

It's going to feel so good to get to goal that I don't think I would ever jeopardize my hard work over some food! :) I have learned to eat for fuel with the occasional eat for treat, per sae. When I eat for a treat, its usually during a social event (ice cream, cake for b-day etc)! I just feel so good and healthy and totally GREAT! I really like myself a WHOLE LOT BETTER this way!! :)

Stinger766
07-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I ever planned to eat greasy, fattening foods again. At some point I'll have to up the calories etc to quit losing though. I'm a numbers person and just wonder approximately what the #'s will be. I lost 60 lbs in 92-93 and gained it all back 2 years later in about 6 months. I don't want to fall into that trap again.

Like everyone else though, I do feel 100% better, even though I'm at least 90 lbs from my goal. I have way more energy, my knees don't ever hurt anymore, etc. I wonder now how I went so long eating so terrible and not exercising. Never again.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I think you guys are doing great and you're an inspiration and definitely make me want to continue and know that it can and will happen.

Talk to you soon!

tolose85
07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I know whatcha mean Ingrid! I just like to explain myself in my posts! (I get carried away sometimes :) ) If you have access to a dietician, he or she would be able to give you a nice calculation as to what your caloric needs are for maintaining once you reach your goal. You can also go on-line and plug in some answers to a few questions that are asked and that will also provide you with a rough estimate.

I think we are all a little "nervous" as to what to expect in maintenance. Maybe not nervous...how about anxious! I am excited to get to maintenance. Reaching mainteance to me means I've accomplished my goal, closed that chapter (hopefully for good) and opened a new one utilizing what I learned from the "chapters before" to teach me the new stuff (maintenance)! I anticipate it being pretty much like it is during the weighloss phase but with some added calories and a teensy bit more flexibility.

You are doing WONDERFULLY! Keep up the great work!

Gardenwife
07-09-2004, 04:08 PM
I, too, plan to just up my calories some when I reach my goal weight, and monitor myself.

When Howie and I have our treat day, our intention is to allow ourselves an extra treat without being gluttonous. This doesn't always happen, however. We're getting much better at it, and find that planning the treat day rather than changing a weak moment into a treat day works for us.

In other words, no impulse pizza or cheeseburger night. When we do the treat, like getting Rally's or something, we need to just get a burger and fries, not two burgers, fries and a shake. Our goal is moderation, even when going over our calories for the day.

Safora
07-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Well Im down one pound. I guess its better than a gain. I need a good kick in the butt though. I havent been exercising like I should and I am eating OK but not great. Someone tell me to get my butt in gear please :)

howie6267
07-09-2004, 09:32 PM
GET YOUR BUT IN GEAR! You can do it. You already are doing it. A pound is great and 25 is fantastic. Don't get down on yourself. We all have times where we go a little slow. Even if we go slow all the time a year of going slow could be 52 lbs. Where would you be if you did nothing.

lessofsarahtolove
07-09-2004, 10:27 PM
GET YOUR BUT IN GEAR! You can do it. Even if we go slow all the time a year of going slow could be 52 lbs. Where would you be if you did nothing.

Alright, Victoria, Howie's good cop; I'll be bad cop:

A year of going slow could be 52 pounds, yes. But where would you be if you did more? You asked for a kick in the butt, and I don't know you well enough to really feel super comfortable doing that very effectively ;) , but I do want to encourage you -- without beating yourself up -- to think about how much you want to lose the weight. You need to make up your mind that it's worth it. It's worth making the right eating choices. It's worth exercising. You know that, so where's the disconnect? You're smart to ask for help when you need it, and it's clear that you know what it takes to succeed -- because you've already achieved success on your journey. Has anything changed lately, or are you just in a funk, or bored, or what? Let us know how we can help you.....and you can BANK on getting all kinds of support here.

And remember, Victoria, you control your destiny with this -- it's all in your hands -- so if you want to step it up, then step it up! And if you don't, then keep on eating ok but not great and exercising less than you were. It's all up to you!

It's virtually impossible to make the right decisions all the time, and it's so, so hard to stay motivated when the road seems so long before us, but it's all just one pound at a time, one decision at a time. No one of us is perfect, and we ALL misstep sometimes -- and you need to do it in the way you need to do it to succeed, if that makes any sense! We're not all the same in how we need to get there. But clearly you want to be doing better than you are, so maybe just start with one commitment to yourself, like to exercise 3 times next week, or whatever. Keep it achievable, hold yourself accountable for meeting it, and then relish your success when you've met that commitment! Whatever it takes, Victoria -- baby steps or giant leaps -- figure out what you think will be the best course of action and then ACT! And use us for support!! 25 pounds is an AWESOME start.....keep going! Don't slow down now!!

I really, really hope that I haven't offended you or made you feel bad. You asked for a kick in the butt, and I didn't want to give you that, but I WAS aiming for a firm nudge followed by a comforting pat! :) I sure hope I succeeded, and that I have given you the support that you need and welcomed. If I overstepped my bounds, then please, please forgive me :o I just want to help. :grouphug:

YOU CAN DO IT, VICTORIA!!!!!!!

Br00klyn
07-10-2004, 01:44 AM
I'm doing another 2 lbs since last Saturday!! YAY!!!! I'm soo happy especially since my first day back to the gym was today, so the 2 lb. loss was just from eating and water.. Now, lets see what the gym does for me and what my loss is for next week!!

lessofsarahtolove
07-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Down another pound! So that's a total of 3 so far since last Tuesday! I'm shooting for 238 (another pound) by Monday, and then 3 more next week to hit my second goal a week from Monday! Get out of my way, I'm on a "Mission from Gaaahhd," to quote Dan Ackroyd! :smoking:

lessofsarahtolove
07-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Yay, Celina!! Great job! It feels great, doesn't it???

Tammy32
07-10-2004, 10:59 PM
You all I am so tired. My daughter has had a bad ear infection and the last four days have literally been ****. I usually say something to all the posts in here, but I am just so darn tired this time. Well done for all of you who have had a good losing week.

Sarah, I like your motivational speech. It helped me and it was not even intended for me. Since I have quit smoking and my daughter being sick I have slacked a bit on my food plan and my exercise. I'm back in the saddle again.

lessofsarahtolove
07-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey there, Tammy!!! I've missed you, girl! I'm sorry your little girl has been sick -- I hope she's feeling much better soon -- it sounds painful, the poor sweetie.

I'm glad you liked my "butt nudge" for Victoria :lol: and I truly always would love to be able to help you in any way I can, but Tammy, I don't want you to be too hard on yourself. Now if you feel like you could have been doing better even with all that on your plate, then by all means, exert some more pressure on yourself -- but you JUST quit smoking, and with it being your first week, I still encourage you to give yourself just the tiniest break, you know? ;) If you were into week 3 and hogging through entire cakes, I'd be having a little conversation with my good friend Tammy, but it's just the end of week one and you haven't gained an ounce, right? I'll leave it completely up to you -- you're the best judge of where you are in this now. I just know you're doing awesome -- 44 pounds!!! And......
YOU QUIT SMOKING!!! :cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

artist
07-11-2004, 06:00 AM
Hey Tammy

Hope your daughter is feeling a bit better, and that you are able to get some rest. Don't be giving yourself a hard time about the eating/exercise.....hey, you're back in the saddle, that's the main thing....

Safora
07-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Thank you Howie and Sarah. I really needed that nudge in the right direction. You guys are great.

And Sarah, you didnt offend me in the least. :)

JennasMom
07-11-2004, 10:14 AM
I changed my weigh in from Mondays to Sundays because I can't see all the little lines on the scale! I woke my husband up, and he came in and checked,

I have lost 5 and a half pounds this week! I was scared that I was going to have a dinky loss, but that is good. I am happy!

lessofsarahtolove
07-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Yay, JM!!! That's WONDERFUL!! I'm so excited for you!

Victoria, your post made me happy. I'm glad that you got from us what you needed, and I'm looking forward to hearing good news from you soon! :goodvibes

jkfla
07-11-2004, 03:09 PM
down 2.2 this week.... and that's after having 2 of what i thought were really bad days! i was sooooo shocked! i expected a gain.

tolose85
07-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Wow-- Gone for the weekend and all these wonderful losses this week!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE! Tammy-- You'll be ok.. Get some rest.. Its hard to resist temptations when you are tired! I hope that your daughter gets better soon! Victoria, Don't lose motivation! You are doing a great job and trust me, you'll be so happy in the long run! I know you can do it and We all need a swift kick in the rear from time to time!

tolose85
07-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Woah, JM... I just saw your post 5.5?? WOW Congratulations! That is awesome!

Tammy32
07-12-2004, 02:00 PM
JM, Holy cow!! 5.5 pounds is amazing!! I know that you were on cloud nine after seeing that on the scale.

Shelly, It's so nice to see a loss when we really expect a gain. Great job!!

Safora
07-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Thank you guys for the "butt nudge" I am back on plan. Exercise and all :)