Exercise! - Pedometer Pals

View Full Version : Pedometer Pals

equestrienne
07-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi!

This thread is for all us gals who are pedometer wearers, trying for 10,000 steps per day.

I've been wearing one for about two and a half months now and I can usually hit anywhere from 7,000 steps up each day. When I am working my shifts at the grocery store, I can easily hit 10,000 steps. In the last three days, just by being insanely busy at work, I have walked at least 18,000 steps each day and covered a total distance of 31 miles! :)

I'd love to hear from all of you ped-wearers! Let's walk our buns off!

bellasmom
07-06-2004, 10:33 PM
hi there. I just got a pedometer last week. My mother recommended that I buy one. I bought one for my husband and we sort of compete. I have been hitting over 10000 each day (even if I have to make myself walk around the house while on the phone with friends.) I hit 15000 on July 4th (all that walking to the park). Do you know if the milage is accurate? I can not believe that I walk that much.

aero_chick
07-07-2004, 11:38 PM
What kind of pedometers do you have? I bought one at Target, a Prospirit, and even walking down stairs didn't trip it. I think I'm going to take it back (hopefully they'll accept it since it's been opened).

conway_1979
07-08-2004, 01:10 PM
What kind of pedometers do you have? I bought one at Target, a Prospirit, and even walking down stairs didn't trip it. I think I'm going to take it back (hopefully they'll accept it since it's been opened).

I have one and I am not sure what brand it is, but you can adjust the sensitivity so that it trips easier... I love it. I use it on the days that I don't jog, that way I know how far I have walked... I still think exercise is the answer to achieving and keeping a healthy weight.