Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-03-2004, 08:11 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking July 4th Weekend Chat - Happy Birthday America

Good Morning,

Got a few seconds to say hello and I'm off to breakfast w/DH and DD for hubby's birthday today. I'll be back later to talk.

HUGS !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Oh Leenie - that sounds like so much fun - breakfast out! where did ya'll go? was it yummy good? tell your dh Happy Birthday from your good buddies at 3fatchicks.

Guess what I'm doing today - CLEANING! It's already 9:30 and haven't accomplished much. This will be an all dayer I can tell. Course I haven't cleaned in 3 weeks so what should I expect. Cleaning will have to be my exercise for today.

Dh and youngest son just left to try to go mow all the yards that need doing for the 4th of July. The problem is everything is so wet around here and they may not be able to do much. Oldest son is at SplashTown near Houston, Texas, with friends for the day. I'm sure it is packed over there for the holiday weekend but they will have a good time.

Well I hope everybody has a great day! I'll check back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:49 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Cathy, I'm cleaning as well, got folks coming tomorrow and a ton of stuff to do. We went to a diner and it was wonderful, I had an egg omlet w/bacon, cheese tomatoes and mushrooms, home fries and toast. Grace had chocolate chip pancakes w/whipped cream and hubby had this.....ya ready. A HUGE belgum waffle, french toast, pancakes and sausage, plus he was picking at graces pancakes, for a skinny dude he can EAT! it was nice. Gracie is napping so I have a whole few minutes here. Thanks for the HB wishes for hubby I will tell him.

We went shopping afterwards and I got a flat bench to help me with my weights, when I did them on the floor I hurt my shoulders for over a week, what pain, had a hard time sleeping, so I said _@%&@)$%& that, I'll get a bench. Hopefully it will be put together by Monday and then I can start up again. Your doing wonderful w/your exercise, bravo to you.

Okay I must go do some more laundry and straighten up the living room while she's a sleep

LOVE YOU !!!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:53 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Hey gang!! We went to a graduation/birthday/4th of july party for a friends son today.It was alot of friends family and most are sicilian.Talk about great food.But I did very well and I didn't eat a whole bunch.It was fun and it was nice to actually have people to talk too. They are having fireworks here tonight in our town that is.I am to pooped to go see them.If I don't get to it tomorrow; have a great 4th of July and please be safe.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:39 AM   #5  

Hi everyone

It's 1:30 in the morning here & I can't sleep.....have been having a rough time going off the Celexa.....still feel sad at times.....have trouble going to sleep at least a few times a week....also headachy at times....I hardly ever get headaches. Have been off the Celexa completely for 2 weeks....I did read that you can have withdrawal symptoms for 8 weeks....hopefully it doesn't last that long.

I started taking Sam-e this week.....it's not cheap & not covered by any plan....so I will see if it helps.

Cathy & Leenie.....I didn't do much cleaning today.....Saturday....did dust some of the blinds in the kitchen today....just the usual stuff.

Have a great July the 4th....all of you from the U.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 05:48 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning !

Lynnie good to see you, how's BIL? did you move ? Glad you had a good time with the family, its what lifes really all about huh.

April, I'm really surprised your doc is taking you off, seems like 8 weeks of withdrawl symptoms is alot to go thru and then by the time your off, bang the fall is here again and he's gonna put you right back on. Is there any way he could just keep you on a light dose? Hope your feeling better soon.

My body didn't want to sleep past 5 am today OY!!!!! figures.
So I'm up, got coffee going and I'm ready to start the day, but then again just sitting here with a quiet house feels realllly good lol

Folks are stoping by around 2, got lots of food, sausage & peppers, burgers, dogs, ziti, potato salad, chips, sodas, cakes and mini pasteries. Do you think I'll behave enuf said.

Whats your plans for today ???????
Old 07-04-2004, 12:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey there gang!

I decided to take the day off and not go anywhere today. My dh and youngest son are working today because dh is so behind with yards bec of all the rain, and oldest son is sleeping in from his day at SplashTown, so I decided to not get dressed today and get out.

I just did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP tape.

When everybody gets home I'm gonna fix some hamburgers in the oven. Imagine dh will be to tired to grill this afternoon so will just do it in the oven. All the guys can have hamburgers, and I think I will just have a patty with a big salad.

What's everybody else up to today?

Leenie - ya'll have fun today! some cake and mini pastries sure sound good! YUM.

Hope everyone has a Blessed 4th of July!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

good morning everyone... and Happy 4th of July.

Daughter is off at the Canadian junior nationals with her dad... he phoned last night and she was knocked out of the contenders right before the medal rounds... disappointed young lady. However, she was on msn this morning and chatted with me briefly.. she's fine.

seems so quiet here with no one else around. not many dirty dishes and hardly any laundry. I'm in shock!

the gym/personal trainer are going well. we're just having trouble kickstarting this old bod of mine. it does not want to let go of the weight I've been dragging around so many years. I've messed up my metabolism too, so I lose two, gain three the next day, lose them, then am up again... I'm eating properly... close to 1600 a day.. been doing Fitday to help me track... so I know I'm on track.. just have to have faith I guess....

i've been sleeping so much. I really got run down the past four months. Some issues at work (all part of the job) and I'm still new enough I can't always leave work at work. Anyway, I'm sure a few more weeks of good sleeps and I'll be doing much better.

hope everyone has a great weekend.

Leens..... how do you get your weightloss chick to show up in the signature area? I can't figure it out.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:22 AM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Chicks!

I just wanted to leat everyone know I am back from vacation and looking forward to reading everyones posts. I also wanted to let everyone know I ITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It;s driving me crazy! Heheheh I'm a tad bit sunburnt from vacation when we went on the ATVs. I guess the sunblock gave out Oh and umm I also gained like 6 lbs!!! Teeheeheehee... Let's not go into details, but before I left I was sick, and I was pretty much sick for the first 3 days of the vacation, so I basically ate and stayed in bed... and everytime we went out to eat the kid had to tell everyone it's my birthday and I kept getting cake and icecream and what not and so I was like... well I can work it off on the beach when I get better... course that last 3 days lol... and so that sorta kept going and turned into a bad habit. But it's okie... I was mad at myself for a while, but I thought about it and I was sick and I wasn't really worried about the diet, just keeping up my energy and I'm okie now. I can go back on the program on Monday and I can loose it all over again.... now the only thing I really want... is to stop itching hehehehe... I gonna go have jams put some aloe vera on me...

You ladies take care! *scratch* I will be posting more regularly *scratch* now that I am back home.

Huggerz....
*scratch*

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote