South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 07:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! - July 3 and 4

Good morning! Anybody want to come for breakfast? I realized this morning that my two pounds of Canadian bacon will expire on July 4 so I need to get cooking. Is it OK for Americans to eat Canadian bacon on the Glorious Fourth?

I put in a full day yesterday and am feeling a bit drained this morning. When we worked on the planters at the Fairgrounds, I discovered that lots of the plants have croaked and needed to be replaced. However, I made an afternoon trip to Brockville and got a carload of new ones. They will go into the planters this morning as we have a work bee to get ready for the Fair. The guys are moving the grandstand stage! What heroes! I think they are using tractors and roller thingies rather than picking it up and moving it. What heroes!

Harry wants to go to the Library this morning to return his books. He has a recipe book on potatoes which I have been drooling over! The little new potatoes are now available at the Farm and they are sooooo good with butter and dill! Be still my heart and be strong! I did buy some sugar snap peas there which will have to suffice as a summer treat. The strawberries are still going strong and my black currants are ready for picking.

What's happening with you this fine day?
Old 07-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #2  

Morning Ruth!

Just checking in quickly before I hop in the shower. Have a wonderful week on 'da beach ladies!!

Old 07-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies.....just getting out of bed I can't believe how much I have been sleeping in..... Not looking like a very nice day here today. Threats of rain. We are going to Fredericton today to visit with DH's parents and to visit with friends. I am sure it will be very hot up there. I have decided to get my @$$ back in gear as DH to me I looked like I have put on 15 pounds..... is that grounds for murder I know he is just trying to help but it ticks me off. Well I must get going and hop in the shower and get my big old butt ready..... have a great day chicks.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #4  

Morning, gals! They let me out of work early yesterday so I took the opportunity to make it to the pool to swim laps for 30 minutes straight. Then I realized I was starting to burn and I shouldn't stay out too long. It was 94 degrees! Still had time to spend 45 minutes on the treadmill when I got home. Then I decided to be lazy and we went to Golden Corral for dinner. I filled up on their salmon and lots of steamed veggies (and one fried popcorn shrimp since I really wanted a taste). Even stuck to sugar free jello for dessert although my husband sat there and ate two brownies right in front of me! He kept asking me if the different things he was eating were on SBD and then proceeded to eat them even if they were. I cringed at the thought of him eating that huge piece of cornbread with a ton of butter on it. I really worry about his health. He admits to being close to 300 pounds but won't tell me what he really is. His is only 5' 4" though so he is very overweight and diabetic.

Laundry is in the dryer. I'm caught up on my email. Brian and I have had our yogurt and it is just about time to head out to the garden before it gets too hot. It's a jungle out there with all the rain we have been having.

Last edited by Barb0522; 07-03-2004 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:03 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Barb - my spouse is also diabetic, but he didn't get serious about weight loss until he started getting diabetic neuropathy - there are still places on his feet where they're numb, although his sugar has been ok since he lost 100 lbs (which he has maintained).
He in michigan we have just had our first week without rain since the end of April - I was started to realize that I needed to water the plants. DH is bummed, since the bunnies are eating his morning glories - he doesn't think he'll get any flowers this year! Me, I get my color from coleus.
Well, got to go. We are buying pillows, and throwing away the ones with dust mites. My allergist would be so proud.

Talk to you all soon.

Sue
278/270/160
SW/CU/GW
Old 07-03-2004, 03:13 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Mornin' everyone. Woke up this morning to a downpour. The weather has been so nice lately, then we get this miserable weather for the weekend. Also woke up to a sick puppy...nothing is nicer that infected anal glands. Hmmmm.

Well the little one's vet is closed on Saturday, but I managed to get an appointment with a vet nearby. Poor thing is confined to her kennel until the appointment. Will be leaving shorthly to get that looked after.

Somehow I missed yesterday. I took the day off work and decided to clean my bedroom. I guess I just tried to put the entire day out of my mind. I moved all my winter clothes into storage, rearrange all the summer clothes, color coordinated my closet and then started on the junk. I can't believe that I am such a pack rat. I want dh to lay hardwood floor in the bedroom one of the weeks that we are on vacation. However, I have had him move a couple of walls in the room, change all the plumbing in the en suite and he needs to restipple the ceiling before the floors go in. I have my whip out today - no dirty pictures here, he is scraping the old stipple off the ceiling.

Well got to run. Must get Miss Zoe to the vet in a few minutes. If I don't get back on the 'puter before tomorrow, have a great Fourth of July.

Bye
Old 07-04-2004, 05:07 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

A very early good morning to you Chickies~~

Happy Birthday to America! (We need a Flag smilie here) I'm awake b/c I'm being a "mommy" to my 24 yo dd. She went white water rafting up in TN yesterday and called around 8:30 to say they were just starting back and she'd be home around midnight. Woke up for a potty break at 4:30 and noticed she still wasn't home. All you moms can relate....they may grow up but we still worry about them. I even checked my cell phone to make sure I didn't miss a call from her. More than likely, she was too tired to drive home and just stayed at her bf's house and will come trudging in tomorrow morning claiming there isn't a spot on her body that isn't bruised or otherwise sore from being bounced around the river.

No big 4th of July plans for us, since it will probably rain So, today will be a good day to play with dye. I'm planning on grilling a couple of chicken breasts and some squash for dinner. If the sky decides to open up, I can regroup and cook indoors without major mental trauma. May add a nice Caesar salad, too.

Dh continues to improve. Enforced invalidism does not sit well with him, so invariably, he overdoes it and by bedtime the right side of his head aches. It's been very nice to sit and watch a movie on TV without the volume control so loud the walls rattle. The first time he turned the TV on, he jumped b/c it was so loud. Then he looked at me and said "did I really have it THIS loud?" with this incredulous look on his face.

Ok, I'm going to try and get some more zzzz's before I get up for real. Talk to all you chicks a little later over a nice cup of tea. (with lowfat milk and Splenda)

Mamacita
Old 07-04-2004, 07:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Happy 4th of July to all of you down there!!

Mamacita, is your daughter home safely? You're worrying me. (I'm being a mother, too.)

Ruthie, next time you go to the library, could you please pay my $140 fine? (don't ask)
I hope your arm is doing better, sweetie. Hugs for you and Harry.

Peggy, I hope little Zoe is alright.

Karen, have a wonderful holiday, girl!!

Jess, that's great new for both of your brothers! It must be fun having brothers... I always wanted an older one who would loan me money and get me dates.

Little Chick, I hope your head is better, hon. Maybe the alcohol made you look puffy in your DH's eyes. In any case, get your butt back OP!! You've done so well so far!!

RNMom, I hope you're enjoying your long weekend! A family reunion... that always sounds like so much fun. I have three relations here in Canada. Mom, Dad, and my sister. Everyone else is in England, and I'm so envious everytime I hear of these "family reunions". Although my DH has a huge family. The only reunions they have is at funerals. And frankly, they all have quite a hoot when they get together at one.

Barb, I love your gate/garage story.

Jenn, thanks for thinking of me. Congratulations on the 2 pound loss!
That's funny about the twin basketball players.

Sue, I can relate to what you said about your 14 year old daughter. Our daughter is pushing 15 and our son is 8, and they do NOTHING around the house compared to what we did as kids. I'm sure it's my own fault. I should have been training them years ago.

I'm catching up on laundry this weekend. (who knew doing laundry could be so pleasurable?) And dejunking. I've got a bag in almost every room in the house, and I'm TOSSING! I'm going to have a huge load to take to the Sally Anne.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #9  

Can you believe my husband has decided to start mixing Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper? Yeah! I'd still rather he just drank the Diet but it is a start! I worry so much about his health. And he did make a point of buying Doritos and other chips that didn't have saturated or trans fats. I'm trying to get him to eat healthier snacks but at least it is better than what he was eating before!
Old 07-04-2004, 02:05 PM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

hey chicks Happy 4th of July to all my American sisters. Just a quick pop in doing some major house cleaning today. The kids are back tomorrow and the wedding is next week end. I am going to be busy..... Trying to get back OP. But I have been drinking water the last two days. Atleast I am doing something right. Well off to clean yet another room be back later. Ellis have I told you lately that I love you.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mamacita, is your DD home yet? I've been worrying along with you today.

Happy Glorious Fourth, American sisters. I am actually 3/8 American, by the way. That entitles me to fly the Stars and Stripes along with the Maple Leaf!

We had a long Parish Church Service which ended with the reading of a letter from our priest telling us he's moving to a new Parish in September. Here we go again and just when we had him trained! I am certainly glad to no longer be a Warden as I hate searching for and interviewing new clergy! Two Pennsylvania friends and I went out for a late breakfast/early lunch at the Long Horn. Nancy and George rent a cottage for a few weeks every summer and we've been getting together for almost 20 years now! Nancy's friend Sally is here too and will probably come over for coffee this week.

Yesterday's work bee at the Fairgrounds went well. I guess we looked like a swarm of bees with lots of workers doing different jobs. We moved the stage, moved the bandshell, painted the parade float and painted the office. I'm using the royal "we" as I preferred the role of queen bee! I wish! I replanted some of the flowers and tried to stay out of harm's way. My arms are sore and tired today but it's done! I really socked the fertilizer to the plants and gave them a pep talk about geting with it in less than three weeks. The Fair starts on the 22nd.

So will somebody please tell me who or what is Six Flags?

There was a memorial service in the old (1831) cemetery at 2. I arrived to discover that I really needed to bring a lawn chair. Home I went to find my pseudo-cousin Ian had arrived for a visit so i did not go back with my chair. We caught up on all the family business which was nice. It's about time for another family reunion - I'd like to work one in before we all meet again at another funeral. Aunt Rose our Matriarch is 92 and in pretty good shape but ....

I hope you are all having a fun and relaxing long weekend. Don't give a thought to old George III and his dumb rules about tea. He was nuts anyhow.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:19 PM   #12  

It's so nice to hear "Happy 4th" from our "neighbors!" Ruth, Six Flags is a mega-amusement park (one in Texas, one in Georgia, probably more), designed to thrill young folk and scare the bayjayzuz out of most people older than 18 The exception are roller coaster junkies -- like me! I inherited it from my mother, who at the age of 64, went to a park similar to Six Flags and rode the giant rollercoaster 16 times with her 8th grade students. I'd love to see fireworks tonight, but what with all the pops and bangs we've had in the neighborhood, the dog hasn't unpeeled himself from our legs for three days, and tonight will probably have him blithering under the bed
Old 07-04-2004, 08:48 PM   #13  
I vant to draw your blood

Good evening, Chicks~~

For those who asked, dd came wandering in around 9:30 this morning. Just as I firgured, she spent the night at her bf's house. They got back to town around 1:00 am after getting lost in the middle of the night up in the back end of nowhere (north GA) and was way too sleepy and tired to think about driving home. She had a blast...even brought home a picture of them in the raft. She had a grin that went from ear to ear.

Went completely OFF program for dinner today. I made my Margarita Chicken, but I added a spicy sour cream sauce and some cheese to it...and Spanish rice Dh was so very impressed...he declared it the absolute best chicken he'd ever eaten...he's so sweet...he loves just about anything I make. I'll play with the recipe and see about making it more ON program for us and if it's a success, I'll post it.

Tomorrow, dh and I are going to walk...I'm going to make a real effort to go three miles if he's up to it. He's been doing great today, except a brief wave of vertigo a little while ago.

Have a great evening everyone...enjoy the fireworks!

Mamacita
Old 07-04-2004, 09:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just checking in before we leave for Cape May. It's been like Grand Central Station around here the past 2 days! It's a wonder I was able to get laundry done and pack, but we had a nice visit with DD and her in-laws from Texas. Texans are the friendliest people I've ever met! I've been struggling to stay OP with so much eating going on, and I'm not doing too bad. Just a bite or two of dessert, and a very small serving of potato salad. This next week should be challenging though, with all the gourmet restaurants Cape May is famous for. They have a Curves there, and I'm planning to work out there every day. I've come too far to blow it now!

Mamacita - Thank goodness your DD made it home OK. No matter how old our kids get, we still worry about them. Glad your DH is recuperating well, too. I'm looking forward to your recipe for Margarita Chicken. It sounds good!

Belated Happy 4th of July, fireworks have been going off here all weekend, and it's really noisy outside right now. Seems like everyone is in the patriotic mode this year.
Well, I'd better try to get some sleep, we have to get up at 4, DH wants to be on the road by 5.
Everyone have a safe and happy week!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:54 PM   #15  
Faith in me

Good Evening Ladies!

Happy 4th of July! Last night I went and saw fireworks...It rained all morning long here today...Yesterday was a bad day. My little brother lost his baseball game, so they are out of the all-stars. His team should have won but the umpire made 10 bad calls. They were winning 6-0 up until the 5th inning. His head coach blew up at the umpire and was thrown out of the game....How horrible is that??? I have to say the fireworks put us back into a better mood last night. This afternoon we had a cookout...Dad grilled chicken on the grill. Mom fixed squash and greenbeans....(i don't like squash) and we had cucumbers with cottage cheese.....It was really good...We sang happy b-day to my dog and even had cake for him...okit was really for my dad and brothers...I didn't have any....not even a little taste...I stuck to my diet and had my jello...mom tried the icing....i got after her....she wasn't too happy with me lol...I didn't get a chance to walk this weekend....I'm going to wake up early and go walking tomorrow morning...I'm going to make myself I'm getting really bummed out about this whole job thing.....I really need one. Everyone wants experience...but how am I supposed to get it if they don't hire me ya know? Anyways I hope you all are having a wonderful night!
Closed Thread