Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-02-2004, 08:54 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday Chat - July 2nd

Good Morning,

I have zilch time, sorrrrry !!!! love you, and will read when I get home or tomorrow.

SMOOOCHIES !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:19 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Good Morning ladies
Miss yall. Talk to ya soon

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #3  
CIN

Default Brief or what?

Good Morning Ladies,
Boy is this "brief Friday" or what?

First of all Cathy I have great admiration for you and your walking goal......I think that is awesome! You have to be reaping many benefits no matter what that old scale says! Phooooooooooooooooey on the scale...throw it out the window! Walking will ONLY benefit you!!!!

I just got in from a walk and dread what is next on my agenda. Funeral visitation for a precious 2 year old that went to our church. Her Mothers live-in boyfriend hurt the child and she died from blunt force.....he was babysitting and hurt her. The death of a child has to be Life's most painful losses much less when someone hurts a child................a 220 pound man no less! The visitation only last one hour then graveside services.Please pray for the Family.especially the parents.I do not know the Father but do know the 28 yr old Mother.She needs everyones prayers. Thank you all!

It is really hard to think about anything else except how thankful I am for all the good and precious things in my Life.

BBL
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Cin - I got major chills reading your post! I am so sorry about this child! I cannot even express in words how awful I feel about this poor baby! Sweet Jesus, I will never understand anyone hurting a child. I will pray for the family Cin and I will pray for you to have the grace to get thru this day. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

Leenie - sorry you are so busy girlie. Do you have plans for the weekend? I can't remember. I just found out that we ARE closing the office on Monday, so I get a 3 day weekend - yippeee!

Hey Lynnie - what ya so busy doing? still moving in? ya gotta come place with us on the puter. hugs

I got up early this morning and did 45 minutes of strength training with my Kathy Smith dvd. Man is it hard! My muscles are so tired. I'm not sure I like doing strength training at all but I feel like it's something I need to do to build up or keep muscle and help my metabolism. I was thinking this morning that it sure BETTER help, because it is not easy at all.

Cin - thanks for the encouragement about walking! Yes you are so right - no matter what the dang scale says - the walking is GOOD FOR ME!

I am meeting my youngest son at McDonalds for lunch today. I will be glad to spend a few minutes with him, just me and him, but I sure could think of a lot of better places (for my healthy eating) then McDonalds. haha but it's right next door to where he is working and he LOVES Chicken McNuggets. LOL

Sooooooooo what's everybody else up to today?

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 07-02-2004 at 02:06 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:28 PM   #5  

I got sick to my tummy reading about that poor baby! What ever possesses a person to feel they have to right to hurt a child. And it seems that it is far too often a boyfriend of the mother. What is that!? Maybe animal instinct or something because wandering male cats are known to kill off kittens. I hope that 220 pound man goes to a prison where there are fathers doing time. There is a prison code that takes care of so-called men like him.

I was just sewing on a bathrobe for Roger. I am the slowest sewer but I want it to be perfect. I realized the other day that I've been sewing for 49 years! I took my first sewing class in June when I was 13! I think that I could sew up just about anything by now.

We're plannning our weekend. I think that we're going to Green Bay on Monday. So far I know that we have to go and pick up the Communion cards for our church at a printing company on Saturday. On Sunday, we go to church and maybe do the weekly shopping. I'd like to see some fireworks if it isn't too crowded somewhere.

I haven't set up a new email account yet and when I do, I'll let everyone know....except my DD'd FIL . He can't take the hint that I don't like filthy jokes no matter how many times I say something. Personally, I think the man is plain stupid. DD gets them and deletes too. Oy vey!

See everyone later and enjoy the long weekend.....
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #6  

Morning everyone

Having on going problems with my pc.....oh well.......I'll get here when I can

How horrible Cin.....I know some of what that mother is going through having lost my son at the age of 2 and a half......but to have lost a child so needlessly and violently.....my heart breaks for the child and those who loved her.

Cathy you are an inspiration to us all......with your activity level and your constant up beat nature

Leens hang in there sounds like a busy friday

Hi Tippy.....good on ya for the sewing project

Hi Lynnie!

We had a pretty awesome Canada Day yesterday.......we went to the local gathering and the one in the major City next to us.....we hit the pool to cool off and then out for mexican food and cold beer! We had spectacular fireworks at 11 pm and then home to bed by midnight.......both of my kids are still sleeping

Hubby had to work! I start my 3 night shifts tonight I have to work a little though and I shouldn't complain.....we are going over to a friends today at lunch for a swim....

I have to get this house in order.....it is a disaster......keep waiting for a rainy day lol........I did finally wash the kitchen floor yesterday a.m. as we were sticking to it.

I have been in such a dark place since last november.....though things did break up a bit around april.......I do find my self slipping back and forth.....if I have not come to some peace by the fall I am going to line up some therapy. I have never been physically so unwell.....I have never looked so terrible.....my hair, skin weight, sleep etc......everything is affected.

I'll check back later.

Liz.........have a good one everyone
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Ladies
I am back...........I see why the visitation was only one hour.how could anyone stand it for more than an hour?
She looked like a little angel....dressed in white and white gloves.She is a little black girl.....her little casket was full of her favorite things.............heart wrenching indeed. She looked so perfect and unharmed......and you know what? She is just that now.....safe in the arms of Jesus.

I will never forget that little image...................one week agao I saw her playing during a church service.

Tippy...I agree................even the hardest of criminal dont tolerate people who abuse children.

Going to run some errands.thanks Gals and continue to remember this family.

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

Another quickie, Cin OMG, I just can't imagine something happening to my Gracie, I would not beable to live after such a horrible thing. My prayers are with them all and you too. How dreadful....uuuuhh!!!! I feel so sorry.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:47 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Hiya

We are still unpacking and trying to get things sorted.Dh has been doing some work for an elder lady and while he has been gone; I have been unpacking, organizing, and cleaning.We are almost done though.Tonight we went out with a friend I met on the internet.It was great fun and I didn't even eat alot.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote