Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2001, 11:15 PM   #1  

Unhappy

I joined WW 8 weeks ago, and weigh-in last Tuesday netted a 1.4# loss. That gives me to date -3# in 8 weeks. Talk about ready to through in the towel. I'm so depressed right now I find myself questioning why I'm trying so hard for so little. I'm 48, mom to 4 almost grown children, and 8 months ago was told I have Menieres Disease. Its a balance disorder that makes life a real challenge. I'm on medication for it but no known cure, so doc has me on a low-salt diet and advised me to join Weight Watchers, as now my Blood Pressure is climbing due to the 90 pounds I need to shed. Every corner I turn seems to end w/a brick wall. I'm so out of shape just walking on the treadmill 15-20 minutes wipes me out. and I'm sweating like a pig. Anyone else out there on a salt restricted diet? I make my meals all from fresh foods, and the Lokk Good, Smells Good, TASTE LIKE CARDBOARD!!! I need buddies with large shoulders to either give support, and encouragement, or a good drive in the behind? DESPERT IN WISCONSIN! PLEASE HELP ME GET MOTIVATED! Before it takes my life. New to this site and threads. Best to everyone and thanks for letting me air.
Old 04-17-2001, 08:32 AM   #2  

Dear snowball,

I just finished posting on my thread and your was directly below mine so I just had to read and answer!

1st of all a BIG hugggggg to you for being who you are.
2ndly way to go on joining ww...you are NOT a failure you are just feeling so down in the dumps that you have developed a self-defeating attitude of "it's no use I can't do this"...you have to tell yourself that you CAN do this, say it everyday until you begin to believe it.

Let me give you a few VERY good reason to lose weight.

DO YOU WANT TO BE AROUND TO SEE YOUR CHILDREN FINISH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, GET MARRIED....DO YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR GRANDCHILDREN?

If you don't then keep eating and behaving the way you are - which is self destructive. I apologise if I sound harsh its just that someone had to give ME a good kick in the butt so I could stop feeling sorry for myself (cause that's what it is) and actually become pro-active and do something constructive everyday.

When you fall down one day, you just get on up the next and carry on...you CAN do it beacuse you have 4 beautiful reasons right by your side!

<------ see they're even smiling at you !
Old 04-19-2001, 10:53 PM   #3  

My Girl, Thank-you for the wake up call. I'am one of the luckiest people in the world, and when I took a look at the person in the mirror I wasn't very happy at what I saw. That depressed, stick in the mud, couldn't be me, could it! And giving up, what the devil is that. You are so right, between my hubby of 28 years and my 4 children, and my" Grand Animals" P.J Kitty, and Miss Molly, (no human grandchildren yet, better not, no one's married yet!! I am a flower ready to bloom. I've been doing lots better with my weight watchers, and found eating less cardboard makes one a happier person. Expecially the new 0 pts soup I dream up with FLAVOR!!! YES. Weigh in next Tues and if my scales right could be a super 2 weeks. Beings I weigh-in every 2 weeks. I made a copy of your reply and put it on the from of my refrig, Thanks for taking the time to wake me up and getting me into the real world, where it takes work, and more work to get what you really need and want. I only hold myself back with excuses and a fear of sucess??? You heard me right, SUCESS!
Old 04-19-2001, 11:13 PM   #4  

My Girl, Thank-you for the wake up call. I'am one of the luckiest people in the world, and when I took a look at the person in the mirror I wasn't very happy at what I saw. That depressed, stick in the mud, couldn't be me, could it! And giving up, what the devil is that. You are so right, between my hubby of 28 years and my 4 children, and my" Grand Animals" P.J Kitty, and Miss Molly, (no human grandchildren yet, better not, no one's married yet!! I am a flower ready to bloom. I've been doing lots better with my weight watchers, and found eating less cardboard makes one a happier person. Expecially the new 0 pts soup I dream up with FLAVOR!!! YES. Weigh in next Tues and if my scales right could be a super 2 weeks. Beings I weigh-in every 2 weeks. I made a copy of your reply and put it on the from of my refrig, Thanks for taking the time to wake me up and getting me into the real world, where it takes work, and more work to get what you really need and want. I only hold myself back with excuses and a fear of sucess??? You heard me right, SUCESS!
Old 04-22-2001, 01:26 AM   #5  

Dear snowball,
you're most welcome, I am only too happy to give you support.
Wow, I am flattered that you printed my reply and stuck it on your fridge!
I am soooo pleased you are doing well with your WW eating plan a freind of mine is doing the same and she has lost almost 20 pounds already, she says the key is to do it slowly that way the weight stays off for good and she still has a long way to go but looks fabulous already...its amazing what a few pounds can do to spur you on...success breeds success as they say.

Keep up the fabulous effort!

MyGirl
Old 04-26-2001, 09:02 PM   #6  

Weigh in on Tuesday and lost 4.2#. Just got a Health walker from a freind a week or so ago and find it fun!!!!!I try and do 15minutes( 2-7 min sessions) for 1000 strides. I'm sweatin and my Heart is a pumping but its fun!! I know I found something that will keep me happy along time. That and my treadmill. up to 22 minutes at 2.7mph. I want to thanks you for the support and time you took to answer this message. My Girl, your a Sweetie!!! Start going to my ww meeting weekly as of this next week, and even tho its -7# those pounds are behind me and I'm looking forward to lossing the next 7. God Bless
Closed Thread