Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-01-2004, 09:29 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default mistyseas stuck in recovery!!!!

the hospital wouldn't let me in to see her since i'm not family, but apparently, she did well with the surgery, which was started a little later than expected, nothing to do with her, from what they told me.

and she was done by 12:30, and at 7:30 pm. she was still in recovery because there were no beds available. her husband was with her... and that's about all i know!!!!

will call her tomorrow...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 06:09 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hope She's Doing Well !! She will be in my prayers.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:32 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

i tried calling here, but had no luck. she was having some tests at one point, and then there was no answer at other times. i hope she's home and doing well..
Old 07-07-2004, 10:56 AM   #4  

Hi all I am finally home! Got released yesterday, I was exhausted when I got home so I waited til today to update you guys.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

Thank you Jiffy for coming to the hospital and trying to see me and for calling, I really appreciate it and Im sorry I never got to meet you!

I had a rough time, but Im doing well. They surgery was delayed for hours and hours and hours!! Not fun!

When I woke up I was glad to be alive, but in so much pain I wondered what the heck I had done!! Then I started with the nausea. I threw up for 2 days!! When that finally stopped the "other end" started up! I had the runs for about 2 days! They let me rest in the hospital on Monday becuase I had such a rocky beginning! But I was more then ready to go home on Tuesday!

Took my 1st shower this morning, felt wonderful! And my son let me know that I smelled much better! LOL

I am keeping track of all my liquids in a journal. Im still in some pain, but it definitely helps to move around.

All in all Im glad the surgery is over and im on the road to recovery. Thanks again everyone!
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #5  
Meg

Misty! So great to hear from you -- everyone's been wondering how you are! Take it easy and rest and heal -- it's all going to get better from here. You've got some wonderfully knowledgeable people here in the WLS forum to answer your questions and all of 3FC here to support you.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:14 PM   #6  

I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm sorry you had a rough beginning, but hopefully all goes well from here on out. Keep those liquids and protein going and move as much as you can.
Take care!
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:38 PM   #7  
Hang In There

We were thinking about you while you were away. Glad everything is over and you are on your way to recovery. Keep us posted of how you are doing and be sure to report in your protein intake, or Jiff's liable to come to your house and pour it down your mouth!!! She is the Protein Police you know!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:15 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Horray !! I'm glad your home and your journey is now beginning. Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:16 PM   #9  

Way to go Misty. I am haooy you are home and on the mend. WHen you feel better we'll have to compare notes as my surgery didn't quite go as planned either.
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

thank goodness!!!!! congratulations!!!! and now, the real work starts!!!! let me see, barb.. ya wanna go to the joisy shore??? we'll go armed with protein shakes... it'll be fun!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:10 AM   #11  

Thank you all! It feels good to be home!

I do have 1 question, If I am on a full liquid diet, does the amount of soup count towards my liquid amount for the day, I dont think so and I should probably know this, sorry if its a stupid question. I managed to get in 72 oz. of liquid yesterday just in water, crystal light and isopure, that doesnt include any soup, that is good right?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:29 AM   #12  
Old Cackler

darlin... if we're talking broth. then it DOES count towards your liquid.. if you're pureeing it... it sort of counts to your liquid, but probably wiser not to...

you are doing FABULOUS!!!!!! and since today will be hot and humid, don't slack off on the water!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #13  

Yes, we are talking broth, Thanks for clearing that up.

OK, here's another question, lol, how do they consider oatmeal as part of a "full liquid diet"??? I gave it a shot this morning, just dont see how paste=water......
Old 07-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

i've never understood that one myself. i suspect it's for the fiber. but i'd sprinkle it with some protein powder, if i were you. while it's all good carb, it's still A LOT of carb, and it's risky to eat it without protein. dumping, you know.

or maybe the docs figure that we'd drown it in milk?????
Old 07-09-2004, 09:09 AM   #15  

I'm not sure, lol, but thanks.

So carbs without protein will make you dump too? That makes sense. So much to keep in mind!