Old 07-01-2004, 01:52 PM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Default What are YOU doing for vacation??

Are you going on a trip, staying home, or undecided?? My DH took his vacation (2 weeks) last Monday. He goes back on the 5th. We decided to forgo a trip this year, to save up for a SPECTACULAR one next summer, when Abby is a little older. We have done some things around our area, and gone into Louisville (45 min drive) alot. On monday we went to all the antique malls in our area, we've been searching out cool new places to eat, took Abby to the Zoo last week...those sorts of things. Mainley though, my DH owns a mobile DJ business as a second job. We DJ'd the fair for the county next to ours last week, and are doing our county this week. Its fun, but alot of work every night. Anyhoo...Id love to hear about you alls vacation plans!!I dream of the beach and tropical drinks every night!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I have lots of mini vacations planned and one nice big one in September.

Let's see.. I went on vacation to Daytona Florida for a week already in March- that was FUN.
My next vacation is a trip to the Shore for 10 days in September... Ahhhh, I can't wait for that! I have some mini-weekend vacations planned too. It will be an exciting summer!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Well I don't have any vacation time at the job (I used it when I was laid off) but we are planning on going to Frontier City (an affiliate of Six Flags) in August. I'm ready to go this year. We went last year and I was preggo and couldn't ride anything. (Well I was going to go ahead and ride the log ride with my stepson and Dad but I got overheated just waiting in line. I almost passed out and had to get out of line and down like 3 bottles of water.) That's actually when we told my parents I was PG. I kept telling them I was too fat to ride any of the rides and I am a rollercoaster, thrill ride junkie. After the 5th time of telling them I didn't want to be embarrassed with my big butt not fitting in the seat Jeff told me either I had to tell them or he would.

We'd also like to try White Water Bay (another affiliate) but we'll see. We're supposed to get free tickets through the paper but we have to wait until their ad runs all the way through and it doesn't end until the middle of Aug.

I'm going to try and earn enough points in six months to win that trip to Disneyworld next June for Jeff and I to have a trip on our anniversary but we'll see.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #4  

I am going to Virginia on the 13th of July til the 5th of September. I'll be staying with my husbands parents. My husband will be coming home for two weeks leave on July 17th. Probably near the beginning of August I will fly to my mom's for a couple of weeks in Arkansas. Thank god for taxes else none of my vacation would have been possible. My mom has not seen Kara yet since she was born. She is thrilled. Most of my husband's family has not seen her either. They are thrilled also.

This vacation is going to challenge every part of my weight loss. I plan on staying on track though. I can do it.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, we'll be in Virginia at the same time, Tammy. I'm leaving on the 8th for Norfolk, then a weekend in DC, followed by another 10 days in Virginia Beach. My daughter is getting married July 17. We're going to see friends we haven't seen for about 15 years--should be fun. I've made it my quest to at least maintain during these two weeks, although I would like to see a loss. Vacations have been tough for me so it will be quite the challenge.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:14 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Tammy - Where in Arkansas? If it's not too far from me, I'd love to come out and have lunch with you or something.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:15 PM   #7  

I already took my vacation. My mom flew out and spent a few days here, then we all drove back to California to hang out with my family for a while. I only get to see them every other year.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:32 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Well, I still have 80 hours left to use, but Lorraine and I have yet to plan "the big one." (We'd really like to get back to Sedona, where we were two years ago when we got "married," but a balmy island sounds good, too!) This weekend we're going away for 4 days with the pup....we're renting a cabin in West Virginia -- in the woods and near a lake. Being a couple of New Yorkers, OF COURSE it has electricity (don't you just love electricity?) and a grill and all the stuff necessary to cook. I'm SOOOOOO excited to be getting away. Apart from visiting her family a few hellish times, I haven't gotten away from home in 2 years and I'm pretty much toast by now. It's just too exciting.......
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53
Hey, we'll be in Virginia at the same time, Tammy. I'm leaving on the 8th for Norfolk, then a weekend in DC, followed by another 10 days in Virginia Beach. My daughter is getting married July 17. We're going to see friends we haven't seen for about 15 years--should be fun. I've made it my quest to at least maintain during these two weeks, although I would like to see a loss. Vacations have been tough for me so it will be quite the challenge.
Wow! It feels like centuries since I've been to Virginia -- my dad was stationed at Oceana Naval base for eight years and I grew up there. I miss the beach so much some days -- after growing up next to the sea, it's lonely sometimes being landlocked. I loved the fresh gingerbread cookies at Williamsburg, topping the dunes on the beach, and Busch Gardens! Have fun!

No great vacations planned for us -- we're saving for Disney World next year. Should make it to Silver Dollar City (it's a midpoint for the grandparents) and to White Water. But we've got lots of stuff in St Louis to do -- zoo, botanical gardens, the Magic House, and concerts in Tower Grove park, so we'll do well enough. I'm hoping we can finish rehabbing the house!

Last edited by Keillynsmom; 07-01-2004 at 11:07 PM. Reason: addition
Keillynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #10  
Losing Again!

Talking

I've been to Colorado three times this summer already, twice for work, but fun work and once for a family vacation, with mom, stepdad, stepsibs and my sis, that was a different kind of work

Next week I'm going back to Colorado for some whitewater rafting with one of my good friends. Looking forward to going back, we will have the same guide who has taken me down the river three times before. We're going to do the Royal Gorge, or that's the plan anyway. Very much looking forward to going without youth group kids this time!

There is one picture of me holding my nephew at Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National park, he's getting so big. And one of our whitewater rafting from early in June.

Finally got the pictures to work, but they'll probably be tiny and unclickable, like last time. Grrrr.

Back again...woohoo, it worked, and they're clickable. I'm the second one back on the left side of the boat with the thingy on my head. Short hair and no showers on the river does nothing for my hair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeff's boat June_2.jpg (27.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Dana & Daven at Bear Lake_3.jpg (21.5 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Daners; 07-02-2004 at 06:54 PM. Reason: added some pictures
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:35 AM   #11  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to Kelowna, British Columbia from July 15-20 (maybe longer), then in August, I am going camping with my daughter.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:32 AM   #12  

Me, I'm very excited, because I just booked my flight to Uganda (small country in East Africa, right next door to Kenya)....I'm staying with a really good friend of mine, and there will be lots of beautiful scenery, lots of dancing, and lots of catching up with/hanging out with friends.....I'm off in 2 weeks, and I can't wait!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #13  

Wow--y'all have some exciting plans in the making!! I'm jealous! This summer is pretty much dedicated to getting my daughter back on her feet. She has several weeks of intense physical therapy ahead of her so it's kind of hard to plan to go anywhere. That's ok, though... we can make some easy day trips around here when she's ready. She might be up to camping in August--as it's been our family tradition to make a trip right before school starts. If not, no biggy.
I look forward to hearing about all these trips!
Barb
Barb1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:36 PM   #14  

Claire, Wow!! Uganda, how exciting. I hope you take lots and lost of pictures for us to look at.

Sheila, I land in Norfolk. I guess I was not paying alot of attention to past posts about the wedding. My husbands parents live in Roanoke and that is where we will be spending most of the time. That's great that you are going to see friends you have not seen in so long.

Jennelle, I will be flying into Little Rock but my mom lives in Northern Arkansas. I'm betting that is quite a bit of distance from you. Let me know. If we were close enough it would be great to have lunch. Jennelle, what part of California were you at?

Barb, Next year once your daughter is all better you all can have a fantastic vacation somewhere. Lots of mother and daughter time is a great thing. Even though she is laid up for now I hope you two have a great summer.
Barbara, I used to go to Silver Dollar City with my parents every summer when I was growing up. We only lived about an hour and a half away from there. I never made it to Whitewater as I was to shy to wear a bathing suit when I was younger. I want to go to Disney next year also. I think next year that will be our big trip.

Sarah, It sounds like you have a really nice weekend planned out. It sounds so relaxing. I hope you guys have a really good time.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #15  

Tammy - I could do Blytheville, but anything farther north or east would be a ways for me. As for California, I grew up in the Wine Country - Sonoma County. Most of my family still lives in that area. I lived in San Diego for a year, though. That's where I met and married my husband. We lived in La Mesa for a time before we got married, then I lived for a very short while without him in Chula Vista, then we moved to El Cajon and got married. We moved in October of 1987, so I bet it's changed a lot!