100 lb. Club - Labour Day Challenge!

View Full Version : Labour Day Challenge!

Sheila53
07-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Okay, it appears that Canada's Labour Day and the U.S. Labor Day are the same, but we're going with the Canadian spelling this time around. :)

So. . . start thinking of ways you'd like to challenge yourself. Try a weight goal, a clothing size goal, an exercise goal, or anything you can think of to do by September 6. And, remember, don't beat yourself up if you don't make your goal--just try, try, try!

I'm setting a weight goal this time. I'd like to be 177 by September 6.

Br00klyn
07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
My goal is to have lost at least 15 lbs. :)

If I have lost more then great, but I'll be happy with 15lbs! And for exercise, I want to be fully back into my routine at the gym.

:D

Tammy32
07-01-2004, 02:07 PM
I am going to make a clothing goal this time. I want to be in a size 14 pants. I'm in a 18 right now. They are starting to fit loosely now. I'm having a really hard time on my tummy. Having children has really did me in. It's hard for me to get it off, so I think this challenge will make me work harder on my stomach.

tolose85
07-01-2004, 02:15 PM
I am shooting for almost goal.. 20 lb loss by then to 147...Then I will only have 7 lbs to go after that!

Tammy32
07-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Sheila, I can certainly relate. I get to about 199 and goof up. I am almost there again, and I know this time that I am going to cruise right past it and get lower. We will help you get past it. You can do it!!

Gretchen, I am betting that you might just get to your goal weight by the Labour Day holiday. I'm rooting for ya!!

barbygirl43
07-01-2004, 02:50 PM
I think this 267-269 is my goof up problem but I AM going to make it over it THIS WEEK, hopefully ... :)
My goal is going to be a weight one--253.5. That's 13.5 pounds in 2 months and according to fitday, I'm actually averaging 1.5 loss a week. Woohoo better than what I expected. :)

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Im in, and since Im not going to make my 4th challenge, I'll move that goal to Labor Day! So, by Labor Day, I want to be in those size 16 shorts I bought the other night! I want to be in them, and wearing them out, not just SQUEEZED into them, afraid to walk out of the bedroom! :o Good Luck to every one!!

tolose85
07-01-2004, 02:59 PM
You can do it Amy JO!

howie6267
07-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Ok I'm in. I want to be able to wear the pants that I bought at the same time as the shrits that I can now wear from the fourth of July challenge. They were to tight when I bought them two years ago and I said I would just keep them and lose the weight. Well it never happend. I am close, I put them on the other day and could button them I could not sit down but I could get them on. So I should be in them by September 6th.

djs06
07-01-2004, 10:05 PM
count me in! i want to be at 220. If I really work, it should happen.

Keillynsmom
07-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm going with a weight goal to try to kick start this. By September 6th, I will be at 275 lbs or less.

djs-- love your tag line! did you write it?

djs06
07-02-2004, 12:55 AM
thanks k! :)
no, i didn't write it, but i wish i did :)... it's an ani difranco song.
good luck reaching your labor day goals!!

artist
07-02-2004, 07:22 AM
OK, you guys have all inspired me......my goal is a slightly strange one, but I have a major life-change coming up, and I'm worried about how it might effect my healthy new lifestyle......I'm starting a new job on August 2nd, so my goal is to have maintained all my healthy lifestyle changes a month or so after starting my new job.....so that means

- following my eating plan
- drinking my water
- exercising 5/6 days a week

Let's see how I do.....

Daners
07-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Okay, I'm in. I have a weight goal and a fitness goal. I'd like to be down to 205, and be able to jog a whole mile. I've finally had two weeks of loss in a row, for the first time in a long time, and am back down to an all time low. I keep saying I'm ready to knock some more of these pounds off, and now I mean it.

I am planning to try and ski or snowboard again in March, and the closer I can get to my goal, the easier it will be.

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
I just wanted to check in and bring this up to the top. Im doing OK, walked yesterday, and am on my way out the door to walk in a few minutes. How is everyone else doing?

JennasMom
07-06-2004, 05:49 PM
I don't know what to set my goal at for labour day... I am thinking I'll try for 25 lbs. down.

howie6267
07-07-2004, 03:31 PM
I am getting there. I just tried on my size 50 jeans and was even able to sit down in them. They are still to tight to wear in comfort but I think by Labor day I will be in them. I am so happy. What a pick me up for the day. I started out in size 58.

artist
07-08-2004, 05:15 AM
Hey Howie, that's great......I'm sure you'lle be sitting comfortably by Labor day.....

tolose85
07-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Howie- That's awesome news.. Congratulations! WOW you are doing great.!

howie6267
07-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks it sure feels great.

Stinger766
07-08-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm in too.

I'd like to be 275 by Labor Day. At that point I will have lost 1/2 the total weight I want to lose and would be a great thing to celebrate on the holiday.

Thanks!

missaprylj
07-08-2004, 07:14 PM
215, I think this has been my goal for every challenge for the last 2 years. :o
This time, I'm SO going to do it. If I do it... I'm going to change my signature to include one of those happy fluffy dancing guys! :lol:

Safora
07-09-2004, 09:51 PM
My labor day goal is to loose 20 lbs so I will weigh 315 which is a weight I havent seen in several years. It may be a stretch but I think I can do it. :)

Br00klyn
07-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Holy Smokes! :eek: I'm already down 9 lbs. since restarting on June 26th (i think) so I should blow my goal out of the water! :cheer: YAY! Buh-bye fat and pudge.. HELLO - Bikini! :lol:

SuchAPrettyFace
07-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Every time we have a challenge, I say 270. Why break w/tradition? :lol:

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-10-2004, 09:10 PM
SAPF, you can do it this time!! I know you can!! I hope everyone else is doing great too!! Keep it up!

Ivanna B. Skinny
07-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Well, I thought we all needed a reminder about oue Labor Day challenge. All is well here in my neck of the woods. Hows everyone else dooing??

Br00klyn
07-16-2004, 02:17 AM
I'm doing pretty good I think.... I'll be going to the gym tomorrow and weighing in.. So, here's hoping for a good loss :D

Everyone is doing great and we've still got plenty of time! We ALL can do this this time! :cheer:

tolose85
07-16-2004, 10:00 AM
I am doing pretty darn good.. I don't even feel like I'm tryin!!

Anyway, My goal was to drop 20 lbs by then- when I posted I was at 167 lbs. Officially at this date I am at 162 according to signature today but I peeked at the scale yesterday and it read 159.. I don't want to jinx myself by changing my signature too early so I'll wait until Sunday. I'm well on my way with an official 5 lbs and "unofficial" until Sunday 8lb loss. I am SO proud of everyone.. We are the biggest bunch of losers around!! Keep up the great work and SAPF & Apryl... I KNOW you'll meet your goals... :)

lessofsarahtolove
07-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Gretchen, that's pretty freaking exciting! 8 pounds?! That's almost obscene, really, given that this isn't exactly your first week in..... Are you just dropping entire parts of your body at this point or what? ;)

Ok, I'm going to jump on this Labour Day challenge bandwagon........hmmm.......to what milestone will I commit? :chin: Ok, here it is: By Labour Day (Canadian AND American,) September 6, I will be at 222 pounds, with a total lost of 62 pounds. Truly, I'm hoping for more, but I think this is a reasonable goal -- not too easy, but completely achievable.

tolose85
07-17-2004, 08:51 PM
You can DO it! Go Sarahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

djs06
07-17-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, what's up with that, Gretchen? Have you sawed off an arm? lol
You are doing great! What an inspiration. Keep it up!
And Sarah.. you will do it! I bet you will lose more.
Good luck ladies (and men!)

tolose85
07-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the compliment.. No, have not sawed off any limbs.. However... no just kiddin! Just workin really hard.. Bound and determined is all.

lessofsarahtolove
07-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Hm. :chin: You know, they say that the human head weighs eight pounds..... Nah, probably not that. ;)

Br00klyn
07-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Okay, so I've changed my goal... I'm not going to set a number of lbs. to lose.. I just want to be below 240 lbs. I haven't seen this number in years, and I know this is possible to meet by Labour Day... :D That's 14 lbs. So, i'm hoping I exceed my goal but I'll settle for meeting it. :)

Daners
07-18-2004, 03:06 AM
I'm doing well, I survived a flirty vacation and a week at camp with no control of what was served without a gain, a tiny loss even. I have 13 to go to my Labor Day goal. My new winter coat and snowboarding pants will be here this week sometime I think. I'm super motivated these days, December will be here before too long and the less of me there is to pick up off the mountain, the more fun learning should be.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Sheila53
07-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Bringing this back up in case any of the new people would like to join the challenge. :)

Stinger766
07-28-2004, 06:51 PM
HI everyone.

I only have 8 more lbs to reach my Labor Day goal! I've been losing 2-4 lbs a week on average so in theory I should reach my LD goal a few weeks early. Yippee!! How is everyone else progressing?

Sheila, where in Washington are you? I'm in Olympia. :)

teapotdynamo
07-28-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm in, too. I'd like to be 225 by Labo(u)r Day. Just got to get off this plateau & I'll be good to go!

lessofsarahtolove
07-29-2004, 01:18 AM
I'm in, too. I'd like to be 225 by Labo(u)r Day. Just got to get off this plateau & I'll be good to go!

Ok, Jennifer, it's you and me! ;)

Jillegal
07-29-2004, 02:53 AM
Okay, I'm in this AND the August points challenge now (may as well challenge myself out).

I'm all done with summer vacations now, so I figure I can shoot to lose 10lbs. by Labour Day and then I can really concentrate on training for my second CN Tower Climb (has it almost been a year already??) and I'm thinking about going to Pittsburgh for the get-together (as long as I don't have to go to Ikea) :D

melissa/dawn
07-29-2004, 12:38 PM
I know I am starting this about a month late, but my goal for Labor Day is to reach 265. I am now at 283.5

Melissa

Tammy32
07-29-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm changing my Labour Day goal. Since I was side tracked from quitting smoking I am going to shoot for getting back down to the weight I was before I quit smoking. That would be 201. With the scale here my best guess is that I am right at 210. So, that makes a total of 9 pounds that I need to lose.

Some of you are doing so well already and we still have over a month to go. Great job you all. Everybody keep up the great work at moving toward your personal goals.

lessofsarahtolove
07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Tammy, I predict that you're going to achieve this goal and then some! Have I mentioned how great it is to have you back??

djs06
07-29-2004, 01:39 PM
I think 15.5 is too much to lose by Labo(u)r day for me, so I'm going to try and get to 225 instead. I don't want to get myself down if I can't get to 220, so I'll just admit that it's a lot to expect and I'll be thrilled with 225 because I haven't seen those numbers in a few years. :)

Tammy, congratulations on keeping up the smoke free lifestyle. It's definitely worth a few pound setback... and kudos for getting back on track so quickly! Good luck

lessofsarahtolove
08-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey there, everybody! :wave: Just thought I'd bump this up so we can all check in if we feel like it on how we're doing on the challenge thus far. Are we on track? Are we a little behind on our goals and need to redouble our efforts?

I'll start: I said that I'd be at 222 pounds by Labor Day -- oh, excuse me, Labour Day. (Note respectful nod northward.) At this writing I'm 12 pounds away from that, so with a target date of September 6, that gives me 5 1/2 weeks to get there. So I am right on track. (My secret goal is to get there a week sooner....but I'm not committing to that, just hoping! ;) Guess it's not so secret now, is it? :) )

Great job, Dana, on setting yourself up for success. Your new goal is COMPLETELY doable.....I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT. (And then you'll only be 5 pounds away from BLING!!!!)

Br00klyn
08-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks for bumping this up as a reminder!

Well, I said that I'll be below 240 and that was seems to be shooting a little high, since I'm at 250 right now! So, I will leave my labour day goal in place just incase I somehow can meet it, however I will be incredibly happy when I see the scale in the low 240's.

My Halloween Goal however has been set for 225 lbs. (Can you imagine?! :lol: I can't wait)

djs06
08-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Congratulations to both of you for setting realistic goals! I know you'll both do it.

Sarah, i didn't realize it was 5 1/2 weeks away! That makes me feel a little better. :lol: Thanks for the pep talk!

How is everyone else doing on this goal?

lessofsarahtolove
08-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Dana -

Just noticed we are now in exactly the same place - my Labour Day goal is 225 and I'm at 233. Make ya a deal - I'll make it if you will!!!! ;)
Hey, I like this Never too Late chick! Methinks I smell a challenge! Dana? What think you? :chin:

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks for popping this up...I had almost forgotten about it! I'm right on track this week, so hopefully, those size 16's will be worn soon!!

artist
08-04-2004, 05:19 PM
OK. My goal was to still be on track with the healthy lifestyle (food choices, exercise) by Labour day, despite a major life change (new job). So I'm 3 days in to the new job, and I'm doing great. Went swimming before work on Monday and Tuesday, and have happily stuck to my eating plan. Hope it continues!

djs06
08-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey, I like this Never too Late chick! Methinks I smell a challenge! Dana? What think you? :chin:

Methinks you're right!

Sheila, what a nice coincidence. you're on. we'll get there! Good luck! :)

howie6267
08-04-2004, 08:32 PM
I am wearing Jeans that are the same size as the dress pants that I want to be able to wear. So I am close. Dress pants are a little different as far as fit but I should be there by labor day.

lessofsarahtolove
08-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Ok, sorry. Correction: we have 4 1/2 weeks, NOT 5 1/2 weeks. I'm really sorry! (Especially for myself, since I committed to reaching 222 by September 6! Krikey! :eek: )

While that does certainly change the lay of the land somewhat, I've decided to stick with my original goal of losing another 12 pounds by Labour Day, with the knowledge that the pressure of the challenge will spur me on to potentially achieve more than I would if I let myself off the hook with a reduced goal. Just for the record, I ABSOLUTELY respect and completely understand the motivation behind reducing an unrealistic goal so as not to disappoint yourself and be disheartened. Kudos to the folks who've made that call -- it takes guts and a level head, and strong determination to stick with your greater plan.

In my case, I'm going to go for it. I fully intend to make it.......I KNOW I can do it (provided I get the green light from my doc to hit the cardio hard -- I've been suffering from some nasty bronchial crud.) And if I don't, I'll be happy with myself knowing that I've given it my absolute ALL..........full throttle!! I won't be disheartened or thrown off balance, because I'm going into it knowing it's a little aggressive at this point in my journey. I'll just be proud of myself for trying........but I really do think I have a good chance of pulling it off, provided I can do the cardio.

Here I go! :hyper:

tolose85
08-05-2004, 10:03 AM
My goal was to be 20 lbs down from 167-- to be 147 and only 7 away from goal... Well.. considering the lovely plateau I have expereinced... I am only down 6 lbs from then... With 4.5 weeks to go... I have 14 more to lose which would be 3.1 lbs per week. I'M GOIN FOR IT!!! YEEEEE HAW!!!!!! Look out....

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-12-2004, 03:25 PM
**BUMP**
Hows everbody doing? I havnt forgotten about my goal, those size 16s are calling to me! I WILL be in them by labor day!! :crossed: Good luck everybody!!!

lessofsarahtolove
08-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey, Amy Jo, I'm so excited for you! Ok here's my update, too:

I said I'd be at 222 by Labor Day. I'm now at 231......so 9 pounds to go, in around 4 weeks. I'm DOING it! :s:

How's everybody else doing?

tolose85
08-12-2004, 05:55 PM
welp-- I am down a bit but I've got 12 more to go to reach goal... and we have HOW MANY DAYS LEFT?? :fr: :fr:
26 days 12 lbs... (Almost 4 weeks right?) so I need to be losin like 3 lbs a week!! Ok I can do it... I think.. :p

I am in an 11 dress now.. could that count?? hee hee :lol:

artist
08-12-2004, 05:55 PM
You guys are doing sooooooooooo well, all on track with your Labour Day challenges!

Mine is to maintain my lifestyle (healthy eating/exercising) through a major life change (new job). And I'm happy and proud to report, that 9 days into the new job, I am right on track with my eating and exercise.......which is a big relief! I figure if I can keep on track til Labour Day, then I will be well established into my new routine.....

faded_moon
08-12-2004, 11:03 PM
oh my god guess what everyone. I lsot another pound making me at 190 which was my labor day challenge so i made it twenty something days early. I am really proud of myself. I think i am going to make a new challenge to try and make it to 185 by labor day. lets see if i can do it.

Wow i'm so motivated

lessofsarahtolove
08-12-2004, 11:53 PM
ELLE, YOU ROCK!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!! You rock not only for making your goal 26 days early, but for setting yourself a NEW FREAKING GOAL!!!!! Fuggetabooutit........

You. Are. A. Bad. ***.

185.....So I'm thinkin' no brewskies in Rockaway, no cannoli in Howard Beach, no pizza in Brooklyn, no Afghani food on the lower west side....... ;) Damn, I'm getting homesick -- guess I'm projecting! (I'm a Chelsea girl, and missing home!)

howie6267
08-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Ok all we are a week and a half away form Labor day. How is everyone doing? I have a reason for bringing this up. I made my goal. I am wearing my new pants for the first time today. Here is a link to a picture of me in my new duds.

http://thehman.com/snazzy-h.jpg

lessofsarahtolove
08-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Howie, I honestly sat here and tried to figure out how to spell what a cat call would sound like......or even which little smiley would do it justice and really encapsulate the emotion and overall impression of a really effective cat call.... :lol3: If I exclaimed in a high pitched voice, "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" would you know what I was getting at? :devil:

Alas, I must simply write that I am in AWE of your progress.........and you're looking MIGHTY FINE in those pantalones, Mr. Man!! Wooo Weeeee!!! Phenomenal job, shrinking man!!

As for my own performance in the challenge, I'm getting a bit nervous. I'm currently at 227, so I'm 5 pounds away from my commitment of 222.... hm..... :chin: I'm cutting it a bit close for comfort -- but I still think I can do it.

howie6267
08-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks Sarah. It sure feels good to be doin so good. You are doing wonderful and even if you end up being a pound or two away from your goal you can still be proud of yourself. Who knows though it's still a week and a half away you may still pull it off.

Tammy32
08-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Wowzer Howie!!! You are looking so good!! A big big congrats from me for making your Labour Day Challenge early. You are making huge leaps and strides and are a fine example for everyone here.

I thought we had two weeks. I'm gonna look real quick. If we count today we have exactly 14 days left. I have 6 pounds to go. I think I might fall just a little bit short, but I consider taking off what I gained back a victory anyways. It means I was not defeated. So, I feel like a winner either way. I would be estatic though if I did actually make it.

Sheila53
08-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Whooee! You look really hot, Howie! (can a Grandma say that?) Congratulations on making your Labour Day Challenge goal, and so early, too. I bet your wife gave you a big wolf whistle when she saw you.

I'm nowhere near my goal, but I'm okay with that. I should have factored my two-week vacation into the equation when I set my goal. I'm just happy that I only gained 1.5 lbs. instead of what I could have gained. Still hoping to be down a couple more by the time Labour Day rolls around.

tolose85
08-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Howie... Oh My GOSH! You look totally wonderful!! That is so awesome.. That's some major change, progress, goal etc. etc... WOW Words cannot express.. You truly are doing a fantastic job!!! Congrats!

14 days exactly... hmmm my goal is 147. I weigh 157 right now so that is 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I think I am going to fall a tad short of that. Probably by like 6 lbs considering that I am only losing like 2 lbs per week. That is ok.. Dang it! This will be my first goal not met!! I am sitting here trying to figure out how I could possibly pull this off. Is there a way?? Probably not so I'll just keep plugging away hoping to get close to it!!

Great job everyone... You are all very amazing!

Br00klyn
08-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Howie! You look fantastic! Good for you.. I bet you feel awesome too! :D Congrats!

As for me, I'm not so sure about meeting my Labor Day challenge.. but never say never.. we'll have to see when we get there ;)

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Hello All!
Howie, WOW! You look great!!
I doubt if all make it to my goal of size 16. I bought a size 18 jeans at Old Nave tonight, though, and I'm not at all upset about the number. For 3 years I havn't been able to shop there, and now I can!! Becides, I think there sizes run small-- Im used to Lane Bryant sizes, who run bigger to make you feel better! Hey-- I bet Id fit into a 16 from there!! Does that count?? :o

Br00klyn
08-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Amy Jo My Love - a size 16 is a size 16 my friend... :lol:

tolose85
08-26-2004, 10:18 AM
I am 2 more lbs down today so that leaves me with 8 to go until Labour Day.. 13 days It's going to be a tough one but I'm goin for it... Maybe I'll walk 4 miles a day!!

faded_moon
08-26-2004, 12:21 PM
i'm soo stupid i kept seeing the officially onederland on your sig gretchen and i never understood it then now i jsut got what it meant. I dont remember my exact date only that it was in june.

aas for me i dont think i iwll be making my second labor day challenge but hey i got 3 lbs to go i have been maintaing through all the binging from stress from school. i leave tomorrow!!! so i am jsut happy i'm not gaining.

howie6267
08-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Don't worry to much about the labor day goals. It's only a goal to try for. You are still losing and still doing the right things. Gretchen you must be pretty excited getting close to the 140s.

lessofsarahtolove
08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Quick update, I'm 4 1/4 pounds away from my goal of 222; with 13 days to go, I believe I'm right on track! Ha ha, watch all continued loss stop the second I post this message! :lol: Nah....I have faith, a positive attitude, strong will and a bicycle........I'm going to be ok. ;)

howie6267
08-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Now Sarah how am I going to catch you if you keep losing like that. LOL

lessofsarahtolove
08-26-2004, 08:57 PM
:lol: Howie, I'm just trying to catch up to Gretchen! :stress:

howie6267
08-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Well she is going to be stoping pretty soon so we can catch her then. That will be next month at the rate she is going.

lessofsarahtolove
08-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah, that's what I was telling her! I may not beat her, but I'll definitely surpass her! We both will! She's going to be cheering you and I on for a while!

faded_moon
08-26-2004, 11:17 PM
i think you are doing great u guys, dont compare yourself to gretchen that might get your motivation down. we are all doign great for our own selves.

on another note i leave for college tomorrow morning therefore i wont be on for a few days. sooo excited

howie6267
08-26-2004, 11:20 PM
That makes me all the more motivated. I love to see success it keeps me going.

lessofsarahtolove
08-26-2004, 11:39 PM
I agree with Howie! Seeing other people succeed energizes me and makes me really happy!! (Also, I don't really feel like I'm very far behind her.... ;) )

faded_moon
08-26-2004, 11:50 PM
sorry was jsut trying to help :( sigh

howie6267
08-27-2004, 12:01 AM
sorry was jsut trying to help :( sigh

Nothing to be sorry about. We all have different ways of dealing with things.

lessofsarahtolove
08-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Elle, sweetie.....no sad faces! Everything's great -- it was sweet of you to try to help, we were just letting you know how we respond to seeing others succeed! It's all good!!! :) :goodvibes :)

seashell
08-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Starting late, but what the heck?

I am shooting for 235 by labor day

tolose85
08-29-2004, 02:25 PM
You can do it seashell! Elle.. hope you are having a good time at college!!

Sarah and Howie... You guys are right at my tail! It is taking me FOREVER to get these last pounds gone.. You might beat me before I even get there!!!!!!!

I am so happy for both of your success. I have no doubt in my mind that you guys ARE going to catch me and surpass me!! I can't wait for it!! I'll be rooting you on an on and on...

I am also motivated by others successes. I think we are ALL doing well, at our own pace!! Wonderful work to all!!! No matter what stage of the game, we're all a bunch of LOSERS!!!

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-29-2004, 04:57 PM
***BUMP***
Hi All, I just wanted to check in and see how everybodys doing!! All is well here! Keep it up, just 1 week +1 day to go!! I'm really going to challenge myself this week to make my goal. I really need to focus and exercise, which is where I lack terribly, so my goal is to do HIIT 4 times this week(along with the weights), and walk on the off days. Plus, I want to try my pilates tape again. So there we go. I'm challenging myself to finish this Labor Day challenge with a bang!! Any one care to join me? :^:

Br00klyn
08-29-2004, 09:25 PM
:eek: Okay, now I'm panicked.. I haven't had a great past couple weeks and have no idea where my weight is! However, I will find out tomorrow when I go to the gym... I'm not going to let it get me down if I don't meet my LD goal (low 240's) as I'm already fully focused on my Halloween goal (225). For me, I have reached A goal.. I'm not giving up... That's what's different this time, after having as many bad days as I have this month, I would have given up.. but NOPE, not this time.. not, this chica! I'm holding on for good... and I WILL GET THERE! :D

faded_moon
08-29-2004, 09:28 PM
hey guys this is Elle writing from college. lol I weighed myself today and i am 184 which means...........i not only made my second labor day challenge weight but i surpassed it wohoo.......

lessofsarahtolove
08-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Congratulations, Elle!! That's great news! :cb: :cb:

artist
08-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Hmm. I am pondering on this a bit. I've reached my Labour Day goal .....which was to keep going with the healthy lifestyle, despite a major life change (new job). And I've managed to do that, and was feeling pretty good about it.....but now I'm wondering where to go next! I feel like I need to add a bit of a kick into my eating/exercise regime....but I'm not quite sure what I want to do......I'm in this for the very very longhaul, so I feel like I have to make changes which are sustainable.....not just a one day/ one week wonder......

lessofsarahtolove
09-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Ok, here's my update: I'm at 224 now -- so if I'm to make my goal, I have 2 pounds to go by Monday. Hmmm....well I guess stranger things have happened! I have no doubts I'll hit 222 soon, but Monday? :chin: I guess I could go get that much-needed hair cut, and that would help somewhat..... ;)

How's everyone else doing? Claire, did you figure out that "kick" yet? I can't wait to hear everyone's results! :hyper:

lessofsarahtolove
09-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey, everybody -- well, I just missed my Labor (sorry, Labour) Day Challenge goal of 222. I'm 223 instead. That's with TOM, so I suspect I might actually have made it, but there's no telling for sure. While I'm a little disappointed, it is what it is, and I'm headed in the right direction.....so I'm still smiling. :D

How did everyone else do?? :hyper:

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-06-2004, 06:24 PM
CONGRATS SARAH!! One pound, one shmound! With TOM visiting you, I believe that you DID make your goal, and that pesky TOM is just making your scale weigh you wrong!
----Well, as for me, my goal was to fit into a size 16 jeand from Old Navy. I havn't made it down there to check yet, but...the size 18 capris I wore to a picnic today practically fell off my ***! So, I bet that when I make it to the mall, I'll fit into them!! Just for good measure, I'll go take measurements to see how I've progressed! I'll post results later!
---- I hope everybody remembers to post their results for today! I really want to hear how you all did!!!

barbygirl43
09-07-2004, 06:56 PM
I agree Sarah, I wouldn't beat myself up over it. You could've been 10 pounds off like me. :) I'm not worried though with they way my weight loss has been going. I'm still trucking along and getting healthier (hopefully) along the way.

Good luck Amy on the jeans.

Sheila53
09-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Congratulations to all who made their Labour Day goals! You should be incredibly proud of yourselves. And to those of us, like me, who didn't, well, let's just shake it off, and keep on going. I'm fine with not making mine, and looking forward to going after that next challenge.

tolose85
09-12-2004, 11:38 PM
I did not make my goal!! :( I was to be at 147 and on the 7th I was right around 156 so I fell 9 lbs short.. I AM making my Halloween goal!!

Congratulations to all of you who made the goal!! SARAH!! In my eyes you made it girl.. What the heck is a pound... NOTIN!

djs06
09-13-2004, 12:14 PM
yeah, didn't make it.

I mean, the scale says I was .5 away, but it was a different scale. I really have no idea, but I definitely didn't work the way I should have for it, so I'm gonna go with no.

Congrats to those who made the committment! And especially to those who have reached it (and you HAVE, SARAH!!!) we all gave it a good effort, and everyone deserves a big round of applause! (blah, I hate that expression but it sure fits!)