Old 06-30-2004, 10:33 AM   #1  

Default An encouraging eye-opener!

I have always loved eating. I enjoy food and love to experience it. I used to be so active that my fluctuating eating habits could be mostly ignored - but then I landed the infamous office job. >.<

I have about 50lbs to lose, and after starting this website and finally getting to breaking point (Seeing a picture of myself where I looked like a hot air balloon) I got to work.

Day 1 was awesome. I counted calories fat and fiber to give myself an idea of what to aim for. I was completely shocked when after 1297 calories, 27g of fat and 17 grams of fiber, I found that I was not starved, angry or feeling cheated!!! It seems that I was never really hungry or looking for food to fill a hole, I filled a hole just because there was a hole to fill. (Even a small one)

Day 2 was not as good because I went out to eat for lunch at a restaurant where I couldn't guess on the content of my meal. Besides that though, I ate reasonably and cut out the snacks.

Day 3 is today and I am feeling motivated and able to pull this off.

My next question is: that I'd like to get into walking at lunch (breaks up the day and gets me some exercise in without breaking into ME time after work). I was thinking of getting a pedometer to help me out. Has anyone else had some success tracking their movement with one? And which ones do you recommend I try?

Thanks!
Lilwolfe - (Or will be lil again soon)
lilwolfe006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #2  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Lil,

Congrats on the motivation and doing well so far. I wanted to give you another website to use to help you track calories/fat/fiber when you are eating out. www.dwlz.com is an awesome website and has a lot of restaurant menus items already plotted out.

I use the McDonalds pedometer they give you in the Adult Happy Meals. It says about 2000 is a mile. For me, 2200 is a mile, as I take shorter steps. I walk 2 miles in the morning, .75 miles twice on my breaks at work, and sometimes a little at night with my family. I am usually 8000-10000 steps a day, equally around 4-5 miles for me a day. I find it to be very accurate. Be sure to put it on your dominant leg, though, which would be whichever hand you write with.

Welcome! I am about 75 pounds from my goal. I've done well so far, and it's always a lifestyle change, as I am sure you know!

Let me know if you need any other help.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote