Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 10:31 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Belle Bridal Challenge

Hi all,

Here is the next challenge. Belle is getting married on October 9th and it would be cool to encourage her and one another on all of our various goals and see how we do in the end. I think it would be cool too if we could track the pounds we lose so at the end we can say "we together lost x lbs". Kind of make it a collective effort.

We will be doing an exercise challenge on another thread, but you may state what your general exercise goals are, but please do join the exercise challenge as well.

So what I challenge all of you to:

Examine your overeating triggers!!: I have slipped, but have found that this has been helping me avoid binging. You don't have to write any of this here, just know what circumstances and situations causes you to slip.

Mental rehearse: I know I get unexpected trips to restaurants. Rehearse the situation in your head, figure out what kind of foods you will order and perhaps visualize youself only eating half etc for example. Make a mental picture of situations where you have a tendancy to overeat and rehearse healthier options. Feel free to share the situation and how you fared, again this could be kept personal.

Keep a personal log (or you can write it here): If you eat relatively well in a place or situation that makes yourself splurge, keep an account of what you did, how it made you feel.

Not berate yourself for not being perfect: I am sure we all slip with an unplanned splurge now again. The best thing? Instead of throwing away the rest of the day, work on the next bite and keep the rest of the day good, even if it means you have no flexpoints left for the week etc, going over isn't the end of the world, but if you wait until Monday and it's a thursday to get back OP, that could have a very detrimental effect on your efforts.

Stay OP to the best of your abilities: I am not saying never splurge (hey I plan to visit DQ once this summer). Do what you feel is right to stay OP. I am back fully to points. I am aiming for 22-24 a day right now and will add flexpoints when needed.

Report in: How are you feeling and how's it's going. Also feel free to write your other goals down!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-30-2004, 10:36 AM   #2  
Running Babe

My goals for the Belle Bridal Challenge are:

Stay OP (although I got some good pointers from SB, I am sticking to a LF eating plan right now, basically WW, but without refined carbs).

Examine my triggers

Mental Rehearse

Not berate myself and get rid of all or nothing thinking

Report my progress

I'd also love to lose 10lbs at least which is doable in my opinion.

My challenges?

Moving!!

Summer parties!!

A bachelorette Party!!

Restaurants!

I'll try to work it to the best of my abilities and work this really hard (remember "do or do not, there is no try"-Yoda).

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Lastly: Feel free to join the challenge at anytime! If it's September and you'd like to join, go ahead
Old 06-30-2004, 12:06 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

I'm all in!!!

Triggers: Thinking about my feelings before I try to quell them with food!!

Mental rehearse: I'd like to make a plan for my Thursday potlucks and stick to it!!

personal log: I'll use the daily thread to "log" basic things like if I feel I've been sticking to my goals

Not berate yourself for not being perfect: I love this part - I will not get mad at myself for having dessert every now and then - I will try to add in some exercise to make up for it and not continue to overeat just because I had one slip up.

Stay OP - THose flexpoints and exercise points are going to come in very handy over the summer!!

Report in: Right now I'm excited to start a new challenge - I didn't quite make my old challenge because of the holiday I took but it will be the main focus for my new challenge - it's a two parter - I will be under 200# by Belle's wedding! I plan to fit into the dreaded green pants as well as the brand new size 14s I've never worn.

Let's get going and make this challenge stick!!

KT
Old 06-30-2004, 01:58 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

I think this is so awesome!! Ali, I Like your perameters for this challenge...the biggest thing for me is the all or nothing attitude! "oh, I ate a chocolate bar, may as well eat some cookies too, etc". It's the final countdown to my wedding - 14.5 weeks to go!! Here goes....

Examine my triggers: I'll keep on journalling when I overeat (or don't) so I can learn what causes me to eat and how I can better deal with the situation...this includes the "all or nothing" mentality that I have!

Mental Rehearse: In a word: GRAMA'S! We're going to Winnipeg next Thurs-Mon and it's peirogies, cabbage rolls, desserts, etc from the world's WORST foodpusher....so this is a great time to rehearse!! Surviving Grama's is a "mini-goal".

Not berate myself and get rid of all or nothing thinking: Needless to say, this is a really tough one!! I tend to be really hard on myself and think "I'llnever do it, I'lln ever be under 200#".....

Report my progress: I will not miss posting due to a bad week....

My weight loss goal is to be under 200# by my wedding....my exercise goals for July are on the other challenge thread....

Thanks again Ali!

BBL
Old 07-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #6  
Running Babe

I binged on Monday, my problem? I was upset, I had the onset of TOM and in general was just stressed. I am looking at the situation now and realized I could have better distracted myself. I realize I was self-medicating!

So I am working on getting back on track. I have given myself a date to go back to WW and that's July 20! So I should try and get a little bit down before then.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Update: Mini-goal #1 - I survived Gramas!! I counted my points and I ate about 25 flexpoints...tomorrow is a new week and I will have eaten ALL my flexpoints and had absolutely NO exercise. We sat and ate. I have had a moderate gain (which I'll change my sig) but today is a NEW day!!

16.5 lbs to go to my wedding goal. Just under 13 weeks to go. It's a good goal!!

Any other updates??
Old 07-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Hey ladies,

Aagin, I am kind of on haitus until next week due to moving, but I haven't been doing terribly... my general eating is good, just a few too many dinners out. Things I have to work on: parties... I MUST SIT AWAY FROM THE CHIPS. I am not even a big potato chip person in general, but when they're in front of me I cannot stop!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #9  

Wow haven't posted yet on this challenge. My exercise goals are on the other thread but eating wise. I would like to do a SBD/WW combo after I repeat Phase one so that I can get rid of some cravings. I plan to start that after I grocery shop.

A little over 12 weeks left at this point. I would like to weight 18 less. I know this is ambitious but doable. 1.5/week.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

OK I'm up for the BBC
My goals are
Triggers don't eat from boredom or depression
mentally rehearse dinners at other peoples houses lil snacks before dinner kill me
not berate myself for not always being miss perfect
Plan meals or at least how to nav meals I have no control over
be down 10 pounds
Drink water which I'm so bad at
eat more veggies!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #11  
Running Babe

Hello all,

I weighed in at WW and it wasn't as bad as I thought... I know I have been upward, but thank god am still under 170 (barely, 169.5). I am back to where I was in February 2001... eek! My scale was messing up back at my old place so in reality I wasn't sure how much I weighed or was losing... Anyhoo, I am back at my meetings. I would honestly for the challenge LOVE to lose 15lbs! I don't know how possible that is in 11.5 weeks (depends, my body is funny that way), I'll definitely be satisfied being in the 150s again and looking at 155 could maybe motivate me more.

Anyhoo cheers ladies!

Ali
Old 07-26-2004, 11:11 PM   #12  

I'm in!!!! We are thinking about TTC around then anyhow-but I won't unless I am back down in weight... I challenge myself to stick to points and journal!! Also, exersize 3x /week(ihave gone running twice this week so far). mini goal-I want to lose 3-5 pounds over the next two weeks before going on vacation....I like this challenge!
lori D
Old 07-27-2004, 08:25 AM   #13  
Running Babe

Hey Lori!

We're the same weight and we basically have the same goal!! Anyway, I'd like o exercise three-five times a week too.. TTC is good motivation! How is Sara doing?

Ali
Old 07-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #14  

Sara is great-almost one year old and I'm still not at prepreg weight But she is worth it!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:38 AM   #15  
Running Babe

Lori: Don't sweat that, you produced a beautiful child and your body needed time to recover, everyone is different (celebrities who have hard bodies shortly after giving birth often have 3 hour exercise sessions daily to get there, most of us don't have the time, energy or the resources to do that).

It looks like if I keep living like I should I should be able to make my WW goal weight (155lbs or 11lbs) by the end of teh challenge!

Yah
Closed Thread