South Beach Diet - Tuesday Chatter

View Full Version : Tuesday Chatter

clovey
06-29-2004, 05:00 AM
Morning everyone

Well, I did not make it in for :coffee: coffee with you all yesterday, so as penance I am starting today's thread. :coffee2:

I have to do some weeding today, and then to the tip with about seven bags of old rubbish from the garden. A day of cleansing of one sort or another.

Fell off the phase one wagon last night with some cous cous, so I have to refocus my efforts today. If I do enough chores I wont have time to think about food I reckon. No clients today as there is a tube strike in London so everyone cancelled. :( no money for me.......

have a good day all.
xx

Ruthxxx
06-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Good morning, clovey, and sleepy chicks to come.

Harry and I are off to town soon for his ultra-sound. He is going to be really grumpy with no breakfast so I'm not looking forward to the drive. I need to go for allergy shot # 2 today and forgot to make the appointment so am hoping they can work me in this afternoon.

Coffee and tea on the deck in five minutes and we'll watch the day unfold. The sunrise looks good despite the weather predictions of rain.

Happy Tuesday.

cottagebythesea
06-29-2004, 06:44 AM
We had our rain overnite, and this morning the sun is shining, so hopefully it will stay that way today. Coffee sounds good, but I'd better wait til after my workout. If I drink anything before, I keep having to pee - all part of getting older. There's a Starbuck's right next to Curves, and I go straight over there for a coffee right afterwards ( it's my little reward for exercising).

Today Jake has to figure out what happened with our pool pump. Last evening when I turned it off, the plug felt hot and I had to struggle to unplug it. It's a 3-prong plug, and one of the prongs melted into the socket! I was lucky I didn't get electrocuted! I have no idea how or why that happened, but Jake will look at it when he gets home today. So I guess in the meantime we can't use the pool. Always something.

Kiko - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you today, hope it turns out well. I had a similar experience several years back, and thank God it turned out to be just a water-filled syst. It was a little scary though.

RNmom - It feels great, doesn't it? All our dieting does pay off!

Have a great day, everyone!

little chick
06-29-2004, 07:10 AM
:coffee: morning chickies just enjoying a Tims Tea DH just went and got me. The sun is shinning and the birds are singing looks like it is going to be another wonderful day. Colvey you lucky girl you could have had a terrible shock. Hope DH can get it fixed nothing worse than looking at a pool and not being able to use it. Ruthie hope Harry is not to grumpy on the drive that is a horrible fate having to drive with a grumpy man. How is the arm feeling today?
I have lots of little things I need to do but I don't know if I want to really do anything. I think that I am going to have Friday off as well looks like none of my families need me. WOW I will have an extra long week end. :D I will be able to gets lots done for the wedding next week end. Well must run I have more little ones coming in. Check back later. ( I will not talk about being OP or NOT) :o

Mamacita
06-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Good morning, Chicks~~

Another gloomy, overcast day here in Hotlanta. I'm beginning to feel very Eeyore and the sun will never shine again. :(

Dh was involved in a car accident yesterday am. Luckily, he was a passenger and it was a company vehicle and not ours. We couldn't afford a disaster like that. He came away with a bumped elbow, but nothing worse. Thank God for small favors!

Had a downright heinous headache yesterday...sinuses I think. Our pollen count is off the charts and there's all sorts of mold spores floating in the dank, dismal air. Can hardly breathe. Yuck!

Dh goes today for his pre-op cardiogram and bloodwork. He's still not sleeping. I think he's afraid of the anesthesia. I don't blame him...it's a rather frightening prospect to be rendered unconscious and be at the mercy of a total stranger. Oh, btw, I think someone asked why he's having surgery...

Back when he was in the navy (Vietnam), he was aboard a destroyer and was a fire control technician. Those are the guys who fire those big 8" guns. Even with ear protection, he ended up with percussion fractures of the 3 small bones in the inner ear. Over the years, the bones deteriorated to the point where now, he only has between 5% and 10% hearing ability. The surgeon is going to replace those bones with prosthetic ones. Hopefully, his hearing will get back to between 90% and 95%. :crossed:

Ok, must go feed the bun-bun and myself. Hope you all have a great day on the Beach...watch out for those sand fleas! ;)

Mamacita

Kiko
06-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Mamcita Your DH will be in my thoughts! When does he have the actual surgery?

LC Gotta love a 3 day weekend! Send OP thoughts and vibes your way! :flow1:

Ruth Hope Harry wasn't too much of a grump!!

Cottage Thanks for the good thoughts. I will post when I find something out.

Taking DD to preschool today and will be helping make 4th of July shirts. Should be fun! I cut out a bunch of stars from cardboard boxes and then peeled back one side to show the corrugated ridges. You dip the stars in fabric paint and voila! My DD loves anything that involves paint, so she will love it. :)

Need coffee.........

justjodi
06-29-2004, 08:34 AM
good morning ladies,
we had quite a bit of rain last night but today looks sunny so far, i think it is supposed to get into the 70's today not too hot just the way i like it.
i am still struggling to get back op i know exactly what the problem is i stopped preparing in advance. i will spend a little time today making a meal plan for myself for the next 2 days at least and then i will stick to it.

ruth good luck with harry and the sonogram today.

little chick enjoy your long weekend, hope you get lots done for the wedding.

mama i hope dh does well with the surgery also glad the accident wasn't any worse.

clovey enjoy the day of weeding ahead of you, good luck getting back op.

cottage that is something about the pool luckily no one got hurt. hope you get the pool up and running again soon!!

to all the rest of you lovely beach babes have a great day today on the beach!!!

justjodi
06-29-2004, 08:37 AM
morning kiko the paint project sounds like fun!! have a good day!!

KristasMom
06-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, this is the first week here in Michigan since the end of April when we haven't had at least 3 days of rain - all the plants are going "What the...?" We are now watering my pots of lettuce and grape tomatoes on the deck, which we hadn;t done for the first month after I potted them up - I've started picking lettuce as part of my lunch - it's much cheaper than the bagged and it doesn't spoil if I don't eat it!
Karen - Enjoy the paint project - I just love kids when they're that age - they still like being with you!
Cottage - we have a little "water feature" in our back yard that my husband hasn't been able to fix - and does he call someone to fix it - no. I finally put in a mosquito dunk so that we don't infest the neighborhood.
Well, have a good day all.

Sue
SW/CW/GW
278/??/160

sweet tooth
06-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Good morning all. Just dropping in for a quick cup of coffee and to wish everyone well today. Short staffed at work today, so must go...

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Bye.

Barb0522
06-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Good Morning, chicks! I'm sitting here at work drinking my Plantation Mint tea and reading posts. I guess I'll have to start working in a few minutes but it is quiet now with no one else in yet.

Kiko - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results! And for dry weather but I don't think we'll get any :( Would you believe it didn't rain in Richardson yesterday after we got drenched in Plano? I hope the 4th is dry since we are supposed to be joining friends in The Colony for Hawaiian Falls.

I'm up a little bit this morning but I'm not going to worry about it. TOM started last night and since I stayed OP AND walked one hour on the treadmill last night, I'm sure it will come off. But I really wanted to be as low as possible for the June Challenge! I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

cac
06-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone!

Tommorow I weigh myself to see if I reach goal this month. I know i have not. What i have been thinking aobut is how much I have learned this month.

1. I am not alone going through this weight loss process. So use the support systems
2. Don't think of what I can't eat but, what I can eat.
3. I have allot of weight to lose and it will take time - Maybe even a year.
4. Being discourage leads to cheating. So I now keep a list of what I have lost and what I can wear now instead of what i can not.
5. Plan!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise I wind up with no option.
6. Without exersize I don't loose as quickly.

cac
ps my poison oak is finely on the down turn.

cac

jenne1017
06-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Morning Chickies-

I just got back from the dentist and the face is NUMB. This stinks! It means no eating, sure, but no drinking either. I tried but felt like a newborn baby who drools!

Ruthie -- good luck with Harry. let us know!

LC -- I am sooo jealous of your long weekend!

Mama -- Good luck and prayers to your DH

And good luck to us all on these last 2 days of the month. I am crashing hard. Stayed OP yesterday, hope to today and tomorrow. Only, I have so much laundry, I am literally down to my last outfit for work today and if I don't do laundry tonite, I am going to go to work nekked tomorrow. So, no gym. Although, going up and down 3 flights of stairs with 3 loads of laundry is no small feat!

I've resigend myself to the fact that I will have a gain this month. Tom is next week and all is lost. But here I go again back on!

sweet tooth
06-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Jenne - can sooooo empathize with the mouth. I had my wisdom teeth out a couple of weeks ago and one was wrapped around a nerve in my jaw. I still feel like my mouth is frozen - right from the chin back to the cheek, including my teeth and tongue. I am hoping that it will eventually return to normal, but I have to be careful that I don't burn myself or drool too much. :dizzy: Hope it is feeling better in the next couple of hours - at least before lunch.

beachgal
06-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Promise to read everyone's posts this afternoon or evening...off to get dressed and head to the clean-up day picnic at work, pick up my charm bracelet (two new charms added) and go to the gym.

Have a great day on the beach, ladies, and no throwing sand or pantsing boys in speedos! :devil:

poeteangel
06-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Hello gals. I have been away for a while... but have returned for much needed support. My friend's husband was killed in a helicoptor crash in Georgia Sunday morning. I'd only met him three times but he was really one of those people you are drawn to... you just know they are a wonderful person in those brief instances you were around them... He was only 27 and his wife is only 22... they'd almost been married two years. It's made me relize that life is fleeting... and we need to savor every moment of it... I just kept thinking, what if that was my husband... what would I do...

jenne1017
06-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Nette-

Wow -- that's horrible. I am sooo sorry. I wish I had words of support but I don't. I can't imagine coming up with anything to help ease that pain. Just know I am here if you need to talk. Listening I can totally do.

And Sweettooth -- um, ouch? I feel your pain. I got all 4 wisdoms pulled when I was 17 at the same time. No gas [my mother didn't want to pay teh extra $ insurance didn't cover]. So, 8 shots of novicane. And it was 1 week before prom!

My mouth is still numb, so who knows when I can eat lunch. My heart is numb too for ya Nette. I "knew" Mattie Stepanak. He was a great kid, far too young to die. So death is all around me. But I try to think that it's all for a reason, you know?

clovey
06-29-2004, 01:21 PM
nette how awful..... :grouphug: and what a dreadful shock for every body.

HistoryChick
06-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new here. My name is Jess. I'm 22 yrs old. I graduated college back in December and I'm still having a tough time finding a job. I swear our economy sucks here. I'm about to start phase II of the SBD. It's really not so bad. I've lost about 14lbs. My mom is on the diet too. I'm not really sure she's sticking to it though. I WOULD LOVE to be in the 100's by the end of summer if not early fall.........but I guess only time will tell. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! I look forward to talking to you all!

Jess :cheer:

ozziesgirl
06-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone, just stopping in shortly to say hi to everyone!! I haven't been around in awhile but I have still been on plan. Finally let go of that pound I was hoping for. 31 left to go.

My hugs are prayers are with those that are having a hard time right now.

HistoryChick: I know how you feel. I have been out of uni for a year and am still working at the hospital which is not my field. I can't say I have been looking for the past few months since I have gotten so discouraged. I'm taking it that your major was history??? You are doing well, 14 lbs is great, keep up the good work.

Well I missed the coffee talk again this morning, but I went over everyone's post while sipping my diet pepsi, does that count. :D Have a great day everyone!

sweet tooth
06-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Nette - So sorry to hear of your friend's husband. Words can never express the sorrows that we feel. You are right - life is so fleeting. Make each day count and live life to the fullest. We never know when tragedy will strike. Take care.

Jess - Welcome to the beach. It is great to have you here. Good luck on your weight loss. I know you can do it.

Jenne - I forgot about the time difference with lunch. I thought there was lots of time for the freezing to come out before lunch, but, of course, my time is just noon as we speak. You must be close to quitting time and have missed that all important lunch break. I also feel for you with the wisdom teeth - I'm not sure that I could have handled it without being put out.

Have a great day, everyone.

jenne1017
06-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Lol -- I had a salad from Chipotle and gummed it Peggy...lol

It just now un-numbed!

Kiko
06-29-2004, 04:47 PM
YIPPEE!! Got a call from the doctor awhile ago and everything is fine. The two lumps are just fibrous cysts and not malignant at all. I have been convinced they really were "nothing", but there has been a nagging fear in the back of my head. I have been tired!!! As soon as they called, I took a 2 and a half hour nap and feel much better. :flow2:

I will report back later with my weekly weigh-in- I use my mom's scale for my "official" WI and we are going there for dinner tonight. (OP :)- she is doing SBD too).

Nette My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. :(

Jenn What type of salad do you get at Chipotle? I have avoided that b/c I always think of big honking burritos.

Barb0522
06-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Karen - That is the best news possible!!! We were all rooting for you.

Jenn - Please tell us more about Chipotle. I've never eaten there but I think I live or work near 2 or 3 of them.

sweet tooth
06-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Karen - What great news. I have been thinking about you today an wondering how you made out with the results. The longer I waited for news, the more worried I became. However, all is for naught. The rest probably did you a world of good. Whether you want to admit it, or not, these kinds of things take a toll on you. Have a great dinner tonight...we'll be waiting for the wieigh-in news tomorrow.

KristasMom
06-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Karen -SO glad that you're ok.

jenne1017
06-29-2004, 05:38 PM
http://www.chipotle.com

I had a shredded beef atop black beans and lettuce with a side of guacamole and salsa on top with cheese [just a bit].

It was yummy and seemed to be OP!

Barb0522
06-29-2004, 05:56 PM
That does sound good! I'll have to give it a try. Not tomorrow though. I have teleconferences non-stop from 11-3 so I'll need to bring my lunch tomorrow and heat it before 11 (or hope one meeting ends early so I can get to the microwave)

Gane
06-29-2004, 06:11 PM
So this is the daily chatter. I am Jen and today is day 3 for me and it looks as if the sugar headaches are kicking in. Boy was I over duing it on the bad stuff before so I guess this is the payment I get.

Jen

Ruthxxx
06-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi, Gane, and a big welcome to The Beach. The headaches will disappear as you detox. Did you give up caffeine perchance? Drink lots and lots of water.

Gane
06-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Sorry, no I did not give up caffine...thought that would be entirely asking too much of myself. ;)

Jen

ozziesgirl
06-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Karen, that is such wonderful news!! I am so happy for you. I was thinking of you as well today!

Gane (Jen) I never gave up caffeine either. I thought two addictions at once might be too hard. I think you will find you naturally cut down though since you are drinkning mostly water.

beachgal
06-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi, all!

Sorry for the quick fly by earlier...looks like a few others did the same!

Karen, I am THRILLED for you that things turned out well! Was worried for you! Looking forward to hearing your loss. Gals...that sounds like a perfect solution to our scale ho tendencies...hide the darn thing at your mother's house! :lol:

Nette, so very sorry to hear of your friend's husband. He was so young! :( I hope that you can feel this hug :grouphug: across the net and know that you and your friend are in my prayers. Hug your husband tight tonight, okay? I know I will.

Ruth, hope Harry behaved and that your arm is feeling better!

Jenn, hope your numbness is now fully gone and you are able to eat and drink! I remember that numbness from my wisdom teeth removal. That was crazy! I had the gas, but (obviously) you had to inhale it through your nose. My nose and sinuses are all blocked most of the time, and I am sure that I didn't get any real gas. I was very aware of everything the whole time, but because of the novocaine, it didn't hurt.

Sweet Tooth, hope you are feeling better, too! So scary about the nerve! Have you called to tell them that you are still having trouble with numbness? You might want to call the doctor and let him know. The worst they could say is to not worry about it, but it might be something they should be aware of.

Cottage, so glad that you are okay! Hope DH can figure out the issue with the plug!

Jen and Jess, welcome! :wave: Hope you both enjoy the beach as much as I do! :D

Ozziesgirl, :bravo: on giving up that pound!!! :cp: :cheer: :high: :cp: I totally get your feelings on plateauing...I finally broke through over the weekend from my two week plateau. Now the weight is dropping again like crazy. I'll give it another two days before posting the new weight...if it sticks... (we need a knock on wood smilie!)

Clovey, hope you enjoyed the weeding. That's on my schedule for tomorrow...weeding and mulching. Sorry about the tube strike! What type of work do you do?

cac, so glad to hear that the chicken pox is waning! Love the tips you learned! Perhaps you could make a separate post on just that..."Things I have gained by losing" perhaps? They all sound fantastic! :D

As for me, I'm on day two of unplanned vacation, so woke up at 10:30 (so nice!), played on here for a bit, then went and got my charm bracelet (two new charms!), dropped in at work for a picnic/relay race (we lost, but it was fun!), went to the gym at work and did a hard half hour on the elliptical, then a half hour of weights focused on my legs. I did five squats with the squat bar (see www.stumptuous.com for instructions and inspiration) for the first time. It was so hard!!! But so rewarding and made me feel like a super chickie! :strong:

Tonight, went to OA and had dinner. Found some neat flatbreads that appear SBD friendly. They are called "Carbdown Flat-outs".

Had a delicious snack the last couple of days by combining berries with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Today I tried cottage cheese with cinnamon and ground flaxseed. That was good too! Cinnamon is really yummy...I never noticed how much it's flavor enhances food...was too busy looking for sweetness back then! We had lackluster dinners lately, so I won't share. Maybe tomorrow?

Have a great evening, all!

ADDflower
06-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days.

Saturday I went and had my riding assessment. I "passed" and signed a lease for a horse today. I spent yesterday helping at the ranch with kids from the YWCA for the program they run there (40-some odd kids) they're letting me be an "instructor".

Today I went and rode a second horse. The first one is a 9 year old Mustang (yup... just like the wild horses) that is a great ride but has been abused and can be nasty on the ground. The horse I rode (and bathed and groomed) today is 3 years old... I think I'm just not experienced enough to ride him right now without having my own saddle and stuff... I think I just confuse the poor boy. But he's a delight to be around and just likes to play and be silly. He carried the bucket I had half way to the shower stall! :lol:

Anyway... I'm tired, sore and sunburnt (forgot the sunscreen today until too late) and the dog is whining for me...

oh... finally got a scale, so will have to add to tag line:

SW: 252 (?)

CW: 235

GW: 150 ish

Lovingly,
:foot: