Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 11:23 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 6/28 - 7/4

Starting the thread - be back in a bit
Old 06-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #2  

Well, it was an interesting weekend. I threw out my lower back on Saturday unpacking groceries so my exercise has been limited to yoga workouts geared specifically for back pain. They've helped a lot and it feels about 85 % better today but I think I'll stick with yoga for the next few days. I half counted points over the weekend but I did find myself saying, "I'm going to have that (fill in the blank with your favorite carb) 'cause I won't be seeing that for at least two weeks". Tony's aunt's 90th birthday party was yesterday at an Italian restaurant. I didn't do too badly but the food was very, very seasoned and my rings were very tight this morning and the number on the scale showed it - still, that's what I'll use for my starting weight.

I decided for the first 2 weeks not to count points but to start doing so again once I'm in the less restricted phase II (2 weeks from now). It's just too much what with preparing everything (I did a little prep yesterday, Karen) and starting school tonight. Today is going to be weird, eating wise. It's 12:45 now and I'm having lunch. I should leave for school around 4:45 or 5:00 so I think I'm going to grill the salmon and cook the asparagus to have in the late afternoon and save my mid-afternoon snack for during class (6:00 - 9:00 pm). I'll make the ricotta dessert (which sounds yummy) this afternoon and have that when I get home. Tomorrow should be a little easier. Classes on Tues & Thur are 8:00 - 11:00 am.

So far, I've been full since breakfast. I did miss my OJ this morning but that's it. Karen - did you find the first few days hard?

Carla - how did you BIL's party go?

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 06-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Did you definitely decide not to go to your meeting/weigh in on Saturday? I've read at the WW site of others doing what you're planning: not counting points for the first 2 weeks of SBD and then going back to points in the next phase. Seems to make good sense since the first week is so restricted.

I lost it on Sunday - just completely lost it. After being OP for so many weeks, I went off in a big way on Sunday. Lot's of reasons, no good excuse. I'm PMSing in a bad way. It's not so much cravings that's getting me - it's an awful mood swing. Add to that an arguement with John yesterday and I just lost the will to stress over dinner and worry about points. Of course, I could have just said to myself that I'd enjoy dinner and points be damned and the truth is, given what I ate, I probably wouldn't have gone too far over points. But, we went to the mall to get my BIL's gift and Lucifer had one his bulk candy stores there and I bought some and ate it. Dinner was very good. I had some chicken marsala, about 4 gnocchi, some salad, and a taste of tiramisu. I did scarf down too much bread though. And then, I got home and turned into an eating machine. Ah well, it's down with, it didn't make me any happier, but I'm also not paricularly beating myself up over it. I'm back on track today. Oh, I should also mention that I'm retaining water like an industrial strength sponge and my sneak peeks have been increasingly bad. That did not help my mood yesterday. Weigh in on Wednesday will not be good, but I'll get past that too.

Have a good evening.

Carla
Old 06-28-2004, 09:47 PM   #4  

Aw gee, Carla, I'm sorry about yesterday. The combination of hormones, PMS, family and a fight with one's spouse is a tough combination. What I'm glad about though, is that you have left yesterday's slip where it belongs, in the past! Anyway, you were talking about the pattern your body may have with some gains and then a big loss. Certainly retaining water is part of that pattern so don't stress about it. One day of slipping will not keep you from losing! Yes, I've pretty much decided to skip the meetings for the next month - at least until I'm finished with this summer semester and maybe even until school (work) starts again in the fall. I don't want to spend the money, I don't want to spend the time and in the meantime, it's not as if I'm not watching what I'm eating. I do miss the people but I'll go back in a little bit.

I'd say one day down just fine except it's 9:45 and I'm not asleep yet! Still, I just had the vanilla ricotta cream (yummy!) and don't feel hungry so my plan is to get into bed with a book and try to get sleepy. I'm getting up at 6:00 and really want to go to sleep at 11:00. I have a new Robert Parker "Spencer" novel that I took out of the library today for pre-bedtime reading even though school started again tonight.

Have a good night,
Judy
Old 06-28-2004, 10:36 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Only have a minute as I'm glued to the tube watching our federal election.

Carla - so sorry to hear about your tough day. Ditto all Judy said...one blown day doesn't blow a whole program.

Judy - glad you had a good day OP SBD style. Sounds like you managed your wierd mealtimes well.

All is well today...more tomorrow.

Karen
Old 06-30-2004, 09:39 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning,

Very quiet here! I'm happy to report a 1 lb loss this week. I forgot my snacks at home yesterday and ended up making a trip to the evil vending machine yesterday afternoon. Ah well. Snacks are all packed and ready to go to work with me. We're going up to our property tomorrow for four days, leaving in the wee hours of the morning. It's Canada day tomorrow and I'm taking Friday as a vacation day.

Have a good weekend and see you Monday!

Karen
Old 06-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #7  

Just a quick post. Day #3 and going strong. I'm really not finding it too difficult. I'm never hungry (as a matter of fact sometimes I think there's too much to eat!) and while once in a while I've thought of eating something not "on the list" when I see it, I really haven't had any cravings. Even last night (school was in the morning, Yankee game on, usual snacking danger zone) I did really well. Sneak peeks are looking very good although I think a little inflated as the food on Sunday night was very salty and my weight on Monday was very high.

My back has been improving. I did some walking/sprinting in the pool yesterday and am going to do a quick yoga workout now. Anthony and his cousin are coming over to go to the town pool. I'll be there for a little while - I have class tonight so it will be a weird, rushed kind of dinner.

Carla - how are ya' doing?
Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-30-2004, 10:29 AM   #8  

Ooops, Karen - I didn't see your new post. Happy Canada Day! Enjoy the time at your property. Congratulations on the great loss, even with the evil vending machine!

Enjoy the long weekend!
Judy
Old 06-30-2004, 01:10 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. I was pretty much on the go all day.

Judy - It sounds like you're doing really well on SBD. Good for you! And a huge pat on the back for making it through the Yankee's game!!! I know that's a real danger zone for you. I'm glad to hear that your back is improving.

Karen - Congrats on your loss! And, happy Canada day! Have a great time at your property over the long weekend.

Well, I'm posting a 3 pound gain today. I know it's water and I know it will be gone, but it was still no fun seeing it, especially since it bumped back up into the 250s, although just barely. I sure would like to see a few weeks of straight losses and stop this up and down stuff. Oh well, I won't let it deter me. I do have some challenges coming up this week. Saturday we'll be going to the beer and brat tent in town, as we always do during the weekend of the 4th. I should be ok as I know what I'll be having and will be able to plan for it. I'll just have to make sure to save enough points for some beer. Sunday we're going to the annual 4th of July party at our friend's house. He usually has grilled chicken and a bunch of salads, so if I take a bit of this and a bit of that and stay away from the chips and candy that are always out, I'll be fine. It's just going to require proper planning and holding on to my flex points. Luckily my freezer is stocked with quick, easy and low-point items. Ana and I spent the afternoon at the pool yesterday and we're heading there again today. If nothing else it keeps me out of the fridge!

Have a great day.

Carla
279.6/250.2/145
Old 07-01-2004, 05:20 PM   #10  

Carla - sorry about the gain. I know it wasn't fun to see the '5' in the middle again but you did say that you are retaining water like an industrial strength sponge so I'm sure that's it. Wow, you do have some food challenges this weekend. I'm sure you can manage your flex points. How has it been going with the exercise (she asks very un-drill sargeant like)?

I'm cruising right along here. Karen - I know you can't read this know but I am going to try to do some more food prep this weekend because it does seem as if I am always chopping something. Still, I'm enjoying what I'm eating to a surprising extent and Tony really likes the recipes too. My sneak peek was great this morning. Of course, he isn't following the rest of it but he's been very cool about not having potatoes and corn and has had his pasta when I've been at school late. Speaking of which, I am happy to say that I don't have another class until Tuesday morning!!! I do have a couple of papers to write and want to use some time over the weekend to get as much done for what's due and what's going to be due as possible. Still. I decided to take the afternoon off and basically lounged around! I may try to start one of the papers tonight but I've pretty much scheduled writing it tomorrow so if I don't, so be it. I have not exercised today - it's hot and humid and I do think that I'm feeling a little tired from the diet. Still, I plan on hoisting some weights during the Yankees - Red Sox game.

The only challenge this weekend will be Saturday. We have a friend coming over for a bar-b-que. I haven't talked to Tony about the menu yet but I figure the boys can have corn and I'll be fine with that. I *will* miss the alcohol though and am having a cheating thought of having a glass of red wine which is allowed after the first 2 weeks but not yet. I plan on making a big pitcher of (brewed) ice tea so I'll try to stick with that.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 07-02-2004, 08:18 AM   #11  

Hi all.

My DSL connection was down all day yesterday and then John hogged the PC after he fixed it last night. The nerve.

Judy - Yeah, the weekend could be the devil. Though the beer tent should be relatively easy tomorrow. One brat and one bag of chips and I'll be good. I'll stick to beer instead of wine, because beer fills me up and I don't drink as much. Plus, I usually take it easy there because I don't want to use the porta potties. Sunday is just basically fear of the unknown. But dribs and drabs will get me through. Haven't done any exercise yet, other than just general moving around more, getting in some leg work at the pool, etc. I'm glad to hear that you took the afternoon off to lounge around. You deserved it! Just think of all the agression and anger you can work out with all that chopping! You and Karen must be very serene. How great that Tony is being supportive of this new way of eating.

Ana is going on a field trip to the zoo today with her school. They usually go before the school year is up, but decided to go later this year to avoid the end of year school crowds. John is going with them. This means I have a whole day to myself and I can clean and grocery shop in peace. Plus maybe do some lounging of my own. We may go to the music park tonight, but if we do, I'm going to try to convince John to eat an early dinner at home first. I've had a taste for chicken tacos and decided that rather than spend the points and the cash at the local Mexican place, I'm going to make them myself.

Have a great day. I'll try to get in this weekend, but if I don't - have a good one!

Carla
Old 07-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #12  

Carla - I hope you had a great day by yourself and got to relax as well as catch up on cleaning and grocery shopping. I am sending you strong vibes to resist at the brat fest.

It's a dry, sunny, hot day here - I did some food prep for the bar-b-que, a little yoga and am now relaxing a bit before the company comes. I brewed some good iced tea that Tony put lemon and fresh mint in and I'm trying to keep that my beverage of choice (I'm trying to stuck with no alcohol). The rest should be easy - there's a lot of food, most of which I can have and I'm far from hungry after lunch.

Tomorrow is going to be a school work day after some tennis and grocery shopping. I figure if I can write the next paper tomorrow, I can have all of Monday off.

Have a great one and a Happy 4th of July!
Judy
Closed Thread