100 lb. Club - chicago was THE BEST!!!!

View Full Version : chicago was THE BEST!!!!

jiffypop
06-27-2004, 08:04 PM
and the stories will unfold over the next couple of days as people get back to their normal lives.

it felt as if we've known each other FOREVER. lots and LOTS of talking,. and laughing. and walking. and good food [yes, there was good food!!!]

and we even hit the gym [and forgot to take pics!!!]

sandi's pics never do her justice... she's gorgeous... jilleagle is warm. charming. lovely. smart. and beverly is elegant [oh stop blushing!] and SO KIND!!!!

<sigh> i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

more later. gotta start the third load of laundry and get alzheimers mom fed.

Br00klyn
06-27-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm sooooo glad you ladies had such a good time! :)

Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures!

Welcome back!

Jennelle
06-27-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm jealous! I can't wait to hear all about it, though.

Sheila53
06-27-2004, 10:12 PM
All right!! I just knew it would be spectacular. Can't wait to hear all the stories and see pictures.

Jenaya
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Envy, pure envy! Glad you had a wonderful time, wished I could have been there.

Jenaya

Sandi
06-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi!!! Just checking in!!!! Got home a few hours ago!

Wow! What a great time we had!! I can honestly say it was the perfect weekend. They are truley 3 amazing women!!!!

Jiff - Your making me blush!!!

I have tons of pics - but I need to sort through them - but here is us before we went on the boat cruise - just sort of a teaser...more to come!!!

I will post "details" soon. Jill won't be checking in until Late Tuesday or Wednesday - she's still on Holiday!!!

I will need several days to recover as we walked EVERYWHERE and hit the gym too!! I ache - really - I ache bad!!!

jiffypop
06-28-2004, 12:07 AM
geeeezzzzzzz.... maybe i shouldn't have worn so much WHITE on saturday.... but i felt CUTE!!! oh well...

sandi... ibuprofen???? take it. and maybe you can find a masseuse???? :devil:

boiaby
06-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Hi all! What a perfect weekend! I couldn't have asked for better weather or a more wonderful group of women to spend it with. You ARE cute Jiff (and I was paying attention, I promise! ;) ) I am so grateful that I had the chance to get to know these beautiful, insightful, hilariously funny women in person.

Now I think I need a vacation from my vacation, I ache everywhere too! :dizzy: Well, I'm off to work, I just wanted to check in quickly this morning before I had to go. More later! :D

Beverly

Charbar
06-28-2004, 09:01 AM
wow!!! your trip sounds amazing!!! I agree with Jenaya.. pure Envy!!

But we still want more details!!

Jillegal
06-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi, just checking in for a moment (my friend's grumbling that she didn't invite me to Ohio just so I could go online!)

I fully intend to write a long-winded report about the windy city as soon as I get home. For now, I just have time to say thank you to "zee gurls" for providing me with a weekend I'll cherish forever. The weather was great, the city was awesome and the company was utterly amazing. I still can't believe we crammed so much activity into one weekend...and yes, I'm sore too! Ain't life grand??

glynne
06-28-2004, 10:15 AM
I kept thinking of you all off and on during the weekend. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

Gayle

barbygirl43
06-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Glad to hear ya'll had a great time. Can't wait for the rest of the story and more pics. :)

Amanda Panda
06-28-2004, 01:50 PM
It sounds like you had a fab time!

Maybe as an added bonus you'll all have lost some pounds aswell, if your aches and pains are anything to go by!

I'd love to hear more about it!

Love Amanda x

lessofsarahtolove
06-28-2004, 01:59 PM
What a great photo!! It's so great to see actual, live PEOPLE from this forum TOGETHER IN PERSON! It sounds like each of you had a blast and were really able to connect with one another on a different level, and that's just awesome! YAY YOU GUYS!! :dance:

I can't wait to hear more about it and see more great pic's!

tolose85
06-28-2004, 02:34 PM
I can't wait to see more pictures.. You are a very lovely bunch of ladies! :)

irishwings
06-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Wow, this is awesome! I am SO glad that you guys got to meet! What a sweet & cute picture of you chickies! :)

What was your favorite memory of the trip, besides getting to meet there together as FRIENDS! :grouphug:

can't wait to read more! :wave: :angel:

Sandi
06-28-2004, 05:06 PM
I finally got the pictures loaded and added some descriptions!! Be sure and read the title and the descriptions. Most of them have more than one line of descriptions!!

Pictures from Chicago 2004 (http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=jacobsmommy&p=F452&AID=1614006 )

We really had a great time in Chicago!!!! Jiff arrived early because her flight was cancelled, but somehow, she got an earlier flight. Jill got delayed in Customs so long, she missed her connecting flight and Bevís shuttle from the airport took 2 hours and itís a 30 min ride!!!!

As Jiff and I were sitting in the lobby I overheard the ladies sitting next to us, introducing themsleves with the screen name and then their real name. Turns out they were from the WW site!! There were 35 of them meeting there!!

Friday night after everyone arrived, we walked down to the Webber Grill for Jiffyís birthday. The meal was great!! After dinner we walked to Navy Pier. As youíll see in the pictures, itís a fun place. We rode the Ferris wheel. Jill and Bev took a chance and rode the swing ride!! Afterwards, we walked back to the hotel and spent some time looking at each otherís weight loss stuff. I brought binders and pictures, Jill brought her ribbons, food journals and weight records. Bev brought some of her stuff from her binder, mainly her charts and graphs. 180 lbs in 14 months!! WOW!!! Jiff brought her wisdom and courage.

Saturday we grabbed a late breakfast and then took a 90 minute boat tour of the lake and river. It was such a nice day and the tour was so informative. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!! Then it was off to The Taste of Chicago! It was crowded, but not too bad. The food was good, and we actually found a shaded place to relax after we had eaten right by the fountain!!! After we relaxed at the hotel a bit, we headed back to navy Pier for evening fireworks!!!

Sunday morning we grabbed an early breakfast. Jiff and Bev were on their way by 10:00, so Jill and I checked out and headed to Water Tower Place for some shopping. Before we knew it, our time was up and Jill had to leave too.

I can honestly say it was a perfect weekend. Everyone got along great and we didnít have any mishaps (once we got there!!!)

I learned a lot about our on-line friendsÖ

Jiff is a very wise lady with a huge heart. She has many theories and really listens to what you have to say. Jiff is the kind of friend who would be there for you in a heartbeat. She is very well spoken and has an affinity for Lord & Taylor purses (when they are on sale!!)

Beverly is just about as sweet as they come. If you notice, she has a smile from ear to ear in all the pictures. She was that way the whole weekend!!! Her family means the world to her. She lifts weights at home, but really enjoyed trying out the weight machines at the gym. (Yes, we really went to the gym AND did all that walking!!)

Jill is very young at heart. She does silly things like walk on the edges of the street like sheís a gymnast or tries to stand heel to heel like a ballerina. She is very into figure skating, and was utterly appalled every time we jay walked (which was most of the time thanks to New York Jiff!) She is also VERY quick witted!!!

We learned some of each otherís secrets and shared in each otherís successes. It was a wonderful time. Canít wait to see them again. Hopefully next time, more of you can join us!!! :)

Suzanne 3FC
06-28-2004, 05:22 PM
What great pictures! You look like you are having so much fun, and you all look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I feel so jealous now :lol: I really wish I could have gone, but the timing was really bad for us right now. I'm glad to see your pics and hear you all tell about it. I'm happy for you all that got to experience this!!!!!!!!!!!!

barbygirl43
06-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Now I too am jealous. I wish I would've known about it sooner, but I'll be ready for the next trip. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. You can tell in the pics ya'll had a super super time.

Sandi--I really really liked the hot pink color on you. It brings out the color of your eyes.

glynne
06-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Thank you for the pictures and telling about your time together in Chicago. I hope there is another one sometime, and that more of us will get a chance to meet.

Gayle

Ivanna B. Skinny
06-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi All! Im glad you guys had a great time! Glad your back, too! :D Sandi, thanks for posting your pics! You all are just as lovely as I knew you would be!

tolose85
06-28-2004, 10:17 PM
You guys... You are all SO SO Beautiful!! These little avitars don't do justice!!!

Sandi, I think you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen on a person!!! You seem like so much fun to be around and you look wonderful and happy..

Jill-- Wow wee!! You're a little hottie girl! You have really been on quite a journey and I admire you! I hope to look that good someday!!

Jiffy-- You do look REALLY cute in that white outfit! In every picture you look great!

Bev-- What can I say, you are such an inspiration girl, and your beautiful smile says everything.. You are SOOOOO Thin.. You must be so proud! WOW.

lessofsarahtolove
06-28-2004, 11:02 PM
WOW!! I love those photos -- and I love that we got to hear about your time together as well as those aspects of your demeanors and personalities that we can't see here in this venue. You guys look so great, and you each have great style too! What a gift to be able to get this kind of glimpse into your time together -- thank you so much, Sandi, for sharing it with us!! :goodvibes

jiffypop
06-28-2004, 11:06 PM
there was an interesting question that came up... and i want you ALL to answer it...

the question was: who in your life is the person that you would most like to emulate?

ok... post your answers.. and i'll give you our answers tomorrow... i REALLY want to see what everyone else says...

lessofsarahtolove
06-28-2004, 11:58 PM
the question was: who in your life is the person that you would most like to emulate?

For me that would have to be the woman who raised me in a commune in downtown NYC. Her name was Marion Tanner, and she was the aunt of Patrick Dennis (his pen name,) the author of Auntie Mame, upon who's life the book was loosely based. She was an amazing woman. She was brilliant and spirited, and so open to new experiences and lessons. She saw the special nature in everyone, viewing your talents as great ones and easily seeing the best in your character. For that, people were better in her presence, as if they'd finally been recognized for the unique qualities they'd most needed to have known and acknowledged. Marion was humble of self and proud of others, and she appreciated beauty in everything and everyone, and she was immensely loving and unselfish. She was adventurous and spiritual, stylish and quirky. She was everything that was great about that character, and multidimensional in the ways that that Mame was not. She was a feminist, a lady, and a kickass broad. She was also innordinately graceful, possessed of a mercurial wit, and utterly impractical. Marion became my mother when I most needed one, and raised me from a damaged baby to an optimistic young woman who saw possibilities in the world and herself within it. I will always love her, I will always carry her in my heart and see signs of her influence in my reactions to life, and I will always hold her up as my standard for what kind of person I want to be.

Jenaya
06-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Thank you for the pictures - you are all such lovely ladies. It looks like you had a marvelous time. It is so neat to be able to put a face and a personality to the names, friendships in bloom! Thanks Sandi, for posting the pics.

Jenaya

gonzostar
06-29-2004, 11:43 AM
wow, so only 4 people ended up going? at one point we had about 15 - but what can i say, i didn't go either! mey, my roomie (miss chris) didn't go either. sad. =(

i am so glad you guys had fun and if we do it again in another year, i could probably afford it then. especially if we meet up in, oh, i don't know, california???

Jennelle
06-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Oh yes! Northern California would be a fabulous idea! I have to be there next June for my 20 year (!) reunion anyway. :)

Jillegal
07-01-2004, 01:09 AM
Thanks to everyone for their kind comments about my little recap of our trip - it's easy to write when it's about a great time with great people!

I'll be absent from the board for a week or so because I'm off to Kentucky at the crack of dawn with my sweetie and his little darlings - 10 hours in a car with 3 kids, am I insane or in love??? (equal measures of both I think).

Before I go, I want to say:
~ Hi to all the newbies - welcome to our world! Stick with us!
~ Tammy, good luck with the smoking cessation plan (not that I'm counting, but I quit smoking about 3 years, 10 months, 4 days, 57 minutes and 11 seconds ago after 30 years of being a slave to nicotine) Stick with it sweetie!
~ Br00klyn, your plan looks like a sound one to me. Stick with it sweetie!
~ Jenaya, you've done me proud with your risk taking! Stick with it sweetie!
~ Jkfla and SAPF, glad you're back and back on track. Stick with it sweeties!
~ Sandi, remember the "C" word (I'm udderly serious here). Stick with it sweetie!
~ To everyone else who's sharing in this weight-loss journey...Stick with it sweeties!

******* HAPPY CANADA DAY *********