South Beach Diet - Thank goodness for Phase II

View Full Version : Thank goodness for Phase II

VTprop
06-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Have any of you been to Borders bookstores lately? Their cafe has all sorts of sugar free syrups now. I treated myself to desert yesterday with a milano mocha- espresso, skim milk, sf hazelnut, and sf chocolate syrup. yummy! Additionally, for those of you who have Silver Diner's near you, they have a low carb menu. I had a lovely veggie egg beater omlette with strawberries and cinnamon sour cream. Double yum. I am trying to only introduce one carb laden item a day, be it fruit or wheat bread, pasta, etc. I view them as a treat now after four weeks on Phase I. South Beach has really changed the way I look at food, except for those looks I give a good chocolate cake. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, off to devour a crustless quiche.
:coffee: VT

kaetra
06-27-2004, 03:23 PM
I think it's awesome how quite a few businesses have provided these kind of food options. I didn't even go into the cafe area when I was at Border's Friday because I didn't think they'd have anything I could get. I'll have to check it out next time.

Now if I can just get Taco Bell to start using whole grain tortillas.... :^:

Barb0522
06-27-2004, 10:21 PM
We ate at Golden Corral last night. I normally eat terribly bad on the buffet but I was determined to see how well I could do. They have added lots of healthy steamed vegetables. Yeah!! They had steamed spinach, squash medley, broccoli and cauliflower. They also had salmon without any sauces added. I ate a small piece of steak too and I do have to admit I had one Popcorn shrimp and one butterfly shrimp. They were fried but since I only had the two pieces I figured it wouldn't be too bad. I ate Sugar Free Jello and passed up all the delicious looking cakes, pies and brownies. I took the time to tell the manager how much I appreciated the food that was OP for SBD. And I was down a half pound this morning so I guess I didn't do too bad.