Old 06-25-2004, 08:03 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Friday Chat - June 25th

Good Morning Everyone,

Summer hours today so I'm in and out of here Yahoo!
Whats everyone doing this weekend, any wonderful exciting plans?
Yeah I lead a boring life

Luv's yah!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!
This has been such a long week.

Good morning Leenie: We have dinner plans tomorrow night and then an anniversary party on Sunday night. Other than that the days are MINE!

Well the 1 pound down stuck!!!!! WOOHOO I am now 154. When I was at the doctors last night of course they had to weigh me. I was dreading it. You know those scales are alway so high.....well for the first time in my life I was happy with the number!!! Yes it was higher than mine but it was a lot lower than it was the last time I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to ask what my weight was with them last year....oh well....I know what it was on my scale!

So, now I have to make sure I exercise this weekend and eat right so that this pound will stay off. Then maybe if I lose another one next week I will be at my lowest in such a long time.

One of my girlfriends I work with is leaving to go back home to Spokane today. I am sad to see her go....she is fun to have around. I think we are taking her to lunch though today. She will still be working for the company so we can keep in touch by IM but still

Well, off to start working.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:53 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Leenie!! That is great you get summer hours!

Nothing exciting going on here, just gonna get through Friday and onto the weekend....Yahoooooooooweeeee! For some reason this week I am just so not wanting to be at work! As my vacation grows nearer I am just way to anxious to want to go to work. Do you ever get the feeling that you just wanna get in the car and drive and just need to see some new places?? OOOOO I am so feeling that right now, I am so ready fo a road trip and I am so ready just to lay on the beach and soak up some sun & actually get in the water with out freezing my buns off, I have a feeling most of this trip will be spent at home in Santa Cruz.

Yesterday was another 11 mile day at the gym, I am getting so good at the bike and can do it for so long up hill I think I might be ready to try a spinning class, that is a big accomplishment that class looks brutal! ONe of my other Atkins friends at work is running in a 5K on August 1st, that is so great this past year she has gone down from about 300lbs and now can run in a race comfortably!

Happy Friday to everyone else.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:54 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning sneaky Jane! Congrats on the pound!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:55 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Glad you're getting out of work early and have a great weekend!!

Jane: Congrats on the pound off and enjoy going out to eat. Sorry about your friend moving.

Well, my ankle was fine--until I got out of bed I'm SO dreading this appointment. I am such a baby!! But I figure the sooner I get whatever (yes, the guy said it was a cyst. But I'm hoping it's something simpler to take care of ) is wrong w/my foot taken care of the sooner I can take advantage of the basketball hoop we bought. AND work out better to WATP Express. I've been kind of wimpy with that. TOM is appearing this weekend and so far the scale hasn't dipped up. In fact,,,it hasn't gone ANYWHERE. Oh well,it'll happen if it's meant to be. They moved my appointment from 10:00 to 9:30. So I imagine I'll have to get ready in a few minutes. AFTER I finish breakfast
Nothing but resting and being a slug planned for this weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:57 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

TG: What's a spinning class? Your vacation sounds like fun. I wish I was laying on a warm beach right now. Our weather's cooled off TONS. It got into the 40's last night. lol I loved it though, I love the cooler weather!!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:03 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

B- Hope all goes well with your foot! I don't like it to hot or to cold I am the middle of the road kinda weather gal. Spinning is a class where you all ride a type of stationary bike you can adjust the resistance, everyone that comes outta that class looks sweaty and beat!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

DH and I have been talking about getting regular bikes. Told him we can't keep doing the same exercises because we need to let the muscle we're working relax a day in between. So he figured we should get bikes.
The spinning class sounds interesting. Not sure if I could do a stationary bike any better than I could do the treadmill. It might be fine for a little while but I think I'd get bored. Or do you all watch movies or something?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning.

Well it is not that good. My right eye is all puffy and I don’t know what to do. When I got home last night I saw that my eyelid was red and puffy so I washed it and put ice on it, it didn’t help. I just called my doctor’s office and I guess they are in summer hours and there is no emergency care today. I had couple of ointments at home for skin irritation, but all warns to keep away from eye, so I didn’t touch them. I am not sure what do other than live with it until Monday. It is not itchy or anything, it is just uncomfortable, kind of heavy. Anyhow, it sucks that I have to wait it out. Sorry, but I am just irritated that I can’t see my doctor today and get it taken care of. Do you guys have any words of wisdom?
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:39 AM   #10  

Could you go to the nearest ER and have them look at it? I hate to think of anyone having to go the weekend with that?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:40 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Rachel: Is it puffy due to some allergic reaction? Do you have an emergency room you can call? How about a "nurse direct" phone number? if it's an allergic reaction to something you might want to try benadryl
And it's Friday--WHY wouldn't they have someone open?? Or an emergency care number??
Old 06-25-2004, 09:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Thank you. Brenda, you are right, I must of touch something and then touch my eye. Last night I drank 1.5 L extra water to make sure that I am flushing my system, but that didn’t help either. Anyhow, I just called them back and asked if I could talk to a nurse. They got my number and said that someone will call me back. If they don’t call by noon I will go to ER. I hate going to ER. But I guess it is better than nothing.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Good deal Rachel go to the ER if they don't call you, you never want to mess around with eye issues. I would try Benedryl though too just in case it is an allergic reaction, if not anything else Benedryl will relax you! Hope all goes well.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:50 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Wow, it's quiet in here today!!
Well, the orthopedic doc said it's tendonitis. I've got to stay off it as much as possible ( so that means NO exercising<---hard to believe I'M mad about that. lol) and take an anti-inflammatory. Told him I wouldn't do anything all weekend but that next week I'm back on my feet again for work and that is usually what irritates it. So hopefully it's HEALED before then...cuz if it continues to be sore he wants to put me in a walking cast!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 01:31 PM   #15  

Brenda: Glad that's all it turned out to be. You had better stay off it or you WILL end up in that walking cast!