Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 08:59 AM   #1  

Is there anyone here doing the old ww program? How is it going for you
Old 02-26-2001, 08:33 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Which old program? (selections, fat&fiber or 1-2-3 Success/The 10% Difference) There are a few selectioners up in the Diet Plan section and some down here following the 1-2-3 Success or The 10% Difference version of points.
Old 02-26-2001, 11:43 PM   #3  

Kelly,

Thank you for your help-- you helped me find the perfect place for me to go.

Old 02-27-2001, 12:03 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

You welcome.
Old 02-27-2001, 09:17 PM   #5  
Getting better every day!

wwgal-
I am doing the last version of WW123 Success.
After unsuccessfully trying the new Winning Points program for awhile, I decided that I lost 50 plus lbs. using 123 Success, so why fool with success? It was hard for me to adjust to new points using 4 gram fiber cap and also to the loss of 2 points in my daily range.
Good Luck to you.

------------------
Donna
[email protected] (work)
[email protected](home)
Old 03-29-2001, 10:40 AM   #6  

I'm with you...I've not sucessfully stayed on program since before the switch over and the changes made it harder. I'm back on track now and using the old 123 program.

I feel a lot less stress this way. :-)
Old 03-29-2001, 10:57 AM   #7  

yeah, my sister has a hard time staying in her range with the winning points program. she said the program should be called sucky points :-) i can't adjust to the program either...i've actually stopped counting points and am now just eating more fruits and veggies and things with less fat. i feel a lot less obsessive doing this.
she wants to do the fat and fiber plan again...i think i'm gonna hunt through my old stuff and see if i can find any from that program.
andrea
Old 04-01-2001, 06:26 PM   #8  

Default Weekend Option

Anyone remember that? WW used to revamp or bring in a new program once a year. Then, after coming to meetings for a long, long time even though I couldn't control my eating, I finally clicked with "weekend option." We only had it for a few months,I think, when they introduced POINTS. I was afraid to change because I had finally started being successful. So, although I have paid attention and I think I get the concept of points--and it sounds very "do-able" I still make selections on the WE option. One thing (among many) that changed a lot for me is (amazingly) unlimited fruit. I think that has implications no matter what program one is following. I have been successful eating all the fruit I want. Imagine how well off we would be if, when we "wanted to be bad" we "cheated" by EATING FRUIT!

Last edited by etalocohc; 04-01-2001 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:07 AM   #9  

Default Freedom Plan

Do you think you could fax or mail me the Freedom Plan? I will
pay for envelope and postage. This was the only plan I really
liked and I can't find a copy of it in detail anywhere.

Do you recall if they allowed unlimited dried fruit? I seem to
recall they do. In Dr. Shapiro's diet book Picture Perfect, he
feels that since dried fruit actually contains the same calories
as the whole fruit (just less water volume), they can be eaten
as whole fruits are. I can't remember what the Freedom Plan
stated about this. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-23-2001, 02:03 PM   #10  
Tax Chick

What was the weekend option? I started with 123 Success and di not care for "Winning Points" (agreeing with the trixie pup :P !) Thanks in advance for the info!
Old 05-24-2001, 05:27 AM   #11  

joycelyn: I don't want you to think that I didn't get your message or that I am ignoring you. I wanted to let you know that it will be a while before I have a chance to look for my old stuff. I don't know if it's readily available or not. I will get back to you when I get a chance.
Re: dried fruit...There might be a concern about dried fruit. Yes, it would be the same as regular fruit in value so if you were selecting a limited number of fruits it would be the same. However, if you were eating unlimited fruit, the absence of water would make them less filling and you might overdo. Think about how many of a particular dried fruit you could eat without feeling full and imagine eating that many fresh ones.

anmore: Weekend option was like banking points. You were allowed a certain number of Breads, protein/milk, fat, and optional calories according to your weight range. If you choose to use the Weekend Option, then in order to use for any two days, you cut back one bread, protein, fat on each of the other five days and you use up to 100 OC instead of 250. Then on each of two days of your choice, you relax a bit. Although you still write down what you eat, you don't have to analyze it and you let yourself have a special treat...a rich dessert at a restaurant meal, maybe something you don't usually eat...whatever. Also, fruits and vegetables were unlimited. This changed a lot for me.

Last edited by etalocohc; 05-24-2001 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-24-2001, 10:35 AM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have a journal in Excel for the Quick Start Plus Program and I also have a journal that combines selections w/points (both in Excel and Word). E-mail me if you'd like a copy.

[email protected]
Old 05-24-2001, 09:14 PM   #13  

Default To etalocohc

Thank you for your reply. You know you are right about the dried fruit. I carefully looked through the diet book Volumetrics, which talks about using unlimited fruit and
low starch veggies for weight loss, and they definitely say that dried fruit is less filling than whole fruit, because of the lack of water, and that unlike whole fruit, it's easy to overeat. Thank you for your post. I'm thinking of combining the principles of Volumetrics with counting calorie points. This will give the same results as the Freedom Plan. Calorie points are the best kept secret of dieticians - it's similar to WW food points but a lot easier to use (all you worry about is conversion of
calories to points - not fiber and fat too). It's been around a whole lot longer than WW food points and I always marvel that it never caught on - it's just an easier way of counting calories, like the WW points are. If anyone's interested I'll post the name and address of the Health Center that sells booklets explaining the concept for only about $4.95. Or you can call your local dietician and get the same information.

Everyone here is so helpful. Thank you all so much for your replies. Let's face it, we're all in this together and need to help each other out as much as we can.

Thanks again.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:28 PM   #14  

Well everyone, I am ready!

I am choosing to do the old exchange program, because I was so successful on it before. I have put together a packet of information and decided not to go to the meetings anymore because we won't be on the same page and I found two friends (skinny little things) at work who I commit to being accountable to.
I will weigh with them every Friday (so I don't go crazy on the weekends!). I have made a commitment to stick to this particular plan until August 1st, then re-evaluate based on my progress. I vascilate back and forth from plan to plan all the time. One minute Atkins, then Susanne Sommers...then WW Points, then fasting, then Eat More , weigh less. I am sick of it all, so I am going back to the basic... to what has worked before. I have 40 pounds to lose, and I am going to do it and keep it off! This is it!

I would love to post here regularly if anyone else is following the plan. I probably will post over at Dotties as well. THis is hard, and we need all the support we can get.

I start tomorrow on the basic plan. Wish me luck! What do I have to lose!

Thanks, Monica

196/177/135 (lost 20 pounds using different plans)
Old 05-28-2001, 11:52 AM   #15  

Default Hi there

The old WW is the only program that ever had any success with and kept it off until pregnant. I wish it was still offered currently.

I may join you as you restart!

Bye for now
Sleslie
Closed Thread