Old 06-24-2004, 09:07 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default * Stay At Home Moms #200!!! *

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:08 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Ladies! I couldn't resist starting a new thread!!!

WE ARE ON 200!!!!!!!! That is awesome!

Keep up the great work ladies!

See ya lighter!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!

Leigh, I am proud of my progress, but its hard for me to see a huge difference, I mean I know there is obviously a big difference in the before pictures and the last one but I guess I was hoping you could see it more lol.

Penny, Yayyy!! What forum will you be moderating?

TOM has got is claws in me and the scale is giving in to him, I'm going to guzzle the water today so maybe I won't feel so crappy and sluggish from TOM.

Lisa I really hope you come back, you've got to know that we want you here!! Don't worry about what others say!! You are better than that!!

Ok I gotta go feed my chillens (children, my silly word for em) I'll be back shortly.
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Yep, another flyby for me!

Michelle, you had better be darned proud of yourself!! You look beautiful!! What a difference only 20 lbs has made. I know what you mean though...I hit 30 and I don't "feel" much smaller you know? I'm very proud of you .

Lisa, arrrrgh! Turn this person in so that they are not allowed to post anymore! They don't have the right!! I hope you check in and read this and know how much we all love having you here. If you would like, PM me your home email address and I'll send you mine again. I would love to keep in touch with you.

OK, I came down here to do a quick workout so that I can get everyone ready for our overnight trip to see my Grandma. I did the 2 mile walk today. I'm planning on taking some fruit along so my Mother can't tempt me with bad stuff LOL. I'm so easy when it comes to her!

I dind't check in last night...bad, bad storms in our area. Luckily the big one heading right for us just clipped us and went south. Possible tornado's there.

Anyway, I'm off of here until some time tomorrow. Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Lisa, I am so sorry for you. I don't understand why that person keeps bothering you. Please don't let them get to you. (I know that is a hard thing to do) Email me too! I'm going to pm it to you, but I will put my name in the title so you don't have to worry about it being from that other person. But we all love you here and don't want to see you go. I don't think there is a better site for weight loss support that here at 3fatchicks. I've been here for almost 3 years! Please don't leave.

Geri, I hope you have a wonderful time at your sleepover! lol. Good for you to get your workout in before you go.

Michelle, I love all your new pics! And the progress ones are fantastic! You may not see a drastic difference but girl all that exercise is paying off!!! I can see a big difference and if you are getting those results after just 20 lbs just think what you will look like in 3 more months!!!! You are doing so great! I thought it was funny you call your kids chillens, lol... when I was little my mom called us her chitlens... (you know the animal intestines people eat! LOL) and that reminded me of it, lol.

Penny, copying the pages of this book is an excellent idea!!! But I don't have a scanner. But I'll keep that in mind. Let us know how the TOPS meeting is ok?? I'll have lots of questions I'm sure, lol.

Leigh, don't worry about your wi so much tomorrow. If you don't hit the 150's this week you definitely will next week! You are really doing great so think about that. Have fun at Target! I don't get to go often because there isn't one around here. When I go up to see dh at his companies yard there is one there so I go about once a month or so and I love it. I really loved it when I was pregnant because they had the cutest maternity outfits for great prices.

ok, I just got a phone call from SIL and she is doing a big yard sale tomorrow and sat at MIL house and wants me to contribute my junk, lol. Which in theory is a great idea but realistically means alot of hard work finding everything to get ready for it today!!! Plus she had my shed keys so I can't go through the shed until later and I know I have stuff in there to sell. I have a question. Dh bought me a fender guitar 2 years ago for my anniversary (actually I think it was 3 years ago) acoustic. I have the stand and 7 pkgs of new strings for it (complete sets) we paid over 400 bucks for all of it, how much do you think I should ask for it at the yard sale?? I thought 50 bucks would do it but dh is having a cow saying I shouldn't take anything less than 150. And for a yard sale that seems way too high! So any advice would be appreciated.
ok, guess I need to get dressed, get some cleaning done and then start ravaging the house for stuff I need to sell. TTYL!!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #6  

Omg Spryng listen to your DH!!!! In fact I would hold on to that guitar!! for 50 bucks you may as well give it away lol maybe I'll have to start calling Taylor my chitlen as she feels like a knot in my gut sometimes lol terrible two's they say but I am terrified of what the 3's will bring lol.
I hope you have a great day!!

Geri - Thanks for the compliments girly!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Crystal - How you doin girl?

Ok back to work for me!
Michelle
Old 06-24-2004, 12:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Michelle, I don't ever play that guitar anymore. Has too many memories attached to it that I want to stop thinking about so even though it has some sentimental value it should go. But 50 bucks is too little? Then maybe 100?? I just don't know. 3's get a little harder because they can think about what they do first and no better, lol. But it's not all bad!

Well the thread is a little quiet today. I've been pretty busy since I got off the net last time. Got tons of bags filled with clothes to sell. Went through my room and got everything together I want to sell, went through Ava's room and closet. She is willingly going through her toybox because I told her if she sold some of her toys we'd buy her something new so she was all for that. DS on the other hand said he'd sell nothing, lol. So I'll have to go through his stuff for him, lol. Boy they can be so different!! All I have left to do is go through ds's closet and the shed. Then I'm done. SIL will be over in a little bit to load everything up in the truck. I'm just so glad to get all this stuff out of my house! Even though I'm on a time crunch here and it's wearing me out... but for a good cause I suppose.
So what is everyone doing for dinner tonight? I'm making honey bbq salmon, but not with salmon, with cod. They were out of salmon at the store when I went so I thought cod would work too. My WI is tomorrow and TOM is affecting me already, (I peeked today) so I'm not holding my breath. But next week will be great!
ok, getting off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:33 PM   #8  
soontobethin

Good morning all,
Michelle, not to worry you, its actually the terrible three's. They just start when they are two. RJ is horrible right now. still dealing with sick kids. I got my exercise in today, and went to the dentist. Lisa, don't leave. We love having you post here. Please reconsider. Have a great day ladies.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #9  

Afternoon Ladies!

Sorry I didn't get to check in last night or early this a.m. I went with a girlfriend to the Farmer's Market, looking for fresh, organic berries and veggies. We found a few things, but not as much as we'd hoped for. Not as much organic stuff to be found as there should have been.

What's going on with Lisa? She should really just save the post and turn it over to the admins. They can stop that person from harrassing her. Lisa if you are still lurking, don't let ONE person decide what you do or don't do.

Spryng, thanks for the lovely recipes. I haven't been able to run to the market to pick up a few key ingredients, but both recipes look fantastic. And yes, I'd say South Beach is more about cutting out bad carbs than anything else. There are some things to avoid in general like potatoes, white rice etc... but all in all it's more about moderation.

Sorry I can't stay and chat, but the boys are down for a nap and I need to utilize this time to get some stuff done around the house.

I'll try and check in later.

hugs to everyone and have a fantastic day,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:54 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Default Thursday Afternoon

Well, went to Target and refilled our home goods We stopped at McDonald's on the way home, and I had a grilled chicken Ceasar salad (4 points). DH and I are going to dinner and a movie tonight, but I need to be very careful because my WI is tomorrow, so no flex points. I did do a 2-mile WATP tape to get some exercise in today.

Michelle- I see a lot of progress in your photos! TOM is on his way out for me. We must have the same cycle

Geri- I did a two mile walk today too! Sounds like your well-prepared for a visit with your mother.

Spryng- yes, Target does have good maternity clothes. I was able to stay away from the baby clothes and toys today On the guitar - since you paid 400, I think in the 100-150 range would be reasonable. People will probably bargain with you for it, so maybe you can come down a bit if it isn't selling.

Ricci -I wish your children speedy recoveries!

Di- hope you get some stuff done around the house.

Oh, I'm kind of ready for our guests to leave . . . I mean, it's nice seeing everyone, but I'd love our home and routine back. Well, TTYL - not sure if I'll post later tonight, but if not, in the morning I'll tell ya'll about the movie.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:59 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey Ladies!

I am still running around crazy
LOL

I will have to check in later! I have to get the kiddos ready for karate!
And I called today and checked into renting a cabin in Mississippi. And the one I wanted is open monday, tuesday and wednesday! OMG!!

We invited inlaws b/c it is a two bedroom and one of the rooms has doubles for us and the kids. So I have to get ready for all that this weekend!

My TOPS meeting was great and I signed up. Their monthly dues are $4.00 so not too bad.

I will address everyone personally tonight I PROMISE!!!!!!

BTW, Michelle, It is for the TOPS Board!

Have a wonderful day ladies
Old 06-24-2004, 04:00 PM   #12  

Di - I hope you have more time later, can't wait to hear how you are doing!

Ricci - I hope your boys get better!!

Leigh - I think we must be on the same cycle too lol, our babys were due around the same time and our TOM is always the same too lol well we can be pms'y together!!

Well I'm going to have bbq for dinner, and I'm going to make it a doozy dinner! lol I go to the doctor tomorrow for my weigh in I know I didn't lose as much as last month but a loss is a loss well actually come to think of it I may have still an 8 or 10 lb loss when I weigh in tomorrow. Hmm we'll see!!

See you guys in a bit~
Michelle
Old 06-24-2004, 04:33 PM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Hi all. My first post for the day. I've been one busy mama. My car got fixed yesterday, but today we went to Wal-Mart got a few things for the trip. Went to the bank, took my car to get inspected, 2 months late, LOL!!! Took the kids to lunch, cleaned my mom's, cleaned my car, picked up clothes at the cleaners. Now I'm home with clothes in the washer and dryer and on my bed to be put up. I slept horrible last night so I'm resting now. I'll cook dinner later then put away ALL the clothes then I can pack. Tomorrow after breakfast, we'll clean house before we go. We're leaving around lunch time.
So let's see...
Michelle, you can really see your progress. That is amazing. Makes me sad that I won't see that kind of progress until NEXT year. By then, you'll be at your goal, so you'll have to keep past and current pictures up for me to get motivated. See my 10 high school reunion will be next year, like only 6 months or so after having the baby, so I'll have to work as hard as I can. I was thin in high school and I would like to be on my way for the reunion too. Your pics are great.
Spryng, keep us informed as to how the school is going. I start school at the regular time which I love because it's fall and you can come up with so many cool crafts.
Leigh, have fun at dinner and a movie, what are you gonna see?
Lisa, so sorry to hear that is still happening. Stick with us and don't let that person win.
Penny, you seem like one busy mama.
Ricci, sorry about the sick kids.
Geri, sorry you didn't get to exercise this morning.
Ginny, there you are. I was really thinking about where you were, but I knew you had problems with your computer so I just figured that.
Well, HI to everyone else. I'm making chicken enchiladas tonight. They are not the kind with sour cream and such, I don't like sour cream. In fact, I have to find my recipe for them or we'll have something else.
Well, ladies, I'll try to check in later. If not, I'll check in in the morning before we leave. TTYL, have a great evening.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Just another short post- the computer stuff is slowly getting resolved.........I have had the ISP people here (also my cable and telephone provider) and the computer has been in the shop........now to go on the phone with the ISP service technician........someday I am gonna get there. Sounds like there has been trouble with the thread????? Lisa- although I do not know you, if someone has offended you, foward that post to one of the moderators (actually I send one to one of the 3 sisters that run this site- can't remember which one and she was SO helpful. HUgs to you, hang in there.........

Maybe, just maybe I can get here on a regular basis from now on........sorry not to get personal, but I have to go make dinner. See ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #15  

Hey Lisa!

If someone is harrassing you please let us know and keep the post so it can be forwarded to an administrator Also all the moderators and administrators were so upset when I told them what was going on and they showed a lot of support for you! We wanted you to come back so badly. I'm Glad that you decided to stay with us. Also if you would like to receive PM's and if you ever get a nasty one again you can block that person from ever contacting you again just add them to your ignore list!

I want that person to know that harrassment is not tolerated here and that any person who joins has the same rights to post as you do as long as we are all within the rules!

Glad to see you back!

I bet you are so excited to see hubby!! You enjoy that time girl!!

Michelle