Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-23-2004, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default Anyone have the lateral thigh trainer?

Does anyone have this machine? I wanted a small machine I could put in front of the TV and get an aerobic and toning workout so I got this (at a store for the price they sell on the infomercial but cheaper cause I didn't have to pay shipping). Anyway, I wanted to know what others that have it think of it. I will tell you this...I work up a sweat in less than 10 minutes and I do feel it. I've only been using it a few days so I don't know the results yet. The movement takes quite a bit of getting used to (in fact, I still don't feel like I have it down completely) and I have a feeling it is not good for those with knee problems. The calorie/time/speed machine doesn't work as well as I thought it would. I wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem. I'd like to have a more accurate reading but I know the machine is working because I am sweating and lose water weight after I use it and feel it in my butt and thighs. Anyway, that's my take on the product. My son tried it and said he likes the regular stepper better...I probably should have got that instead but this one is supposed to work your inner thighs more (I think!). Oh well...I've been using it every day so far but I think my butt may need a break! Just wanted to know any input.
Musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi there Music!

I have a friend here on the boards who bought a LTT from QvC and hers broke on the second workout Have you looked in the elliptical machine? Those are good for people with knee problems and you can get a decent one at walmart for a pretty good price. I hope this helps!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default Hi, Michelle, thanks for the advice

Michelle, thanks so much for the advice. I would like an elliptical only my husband doesn't want me to get one right now. He keeps promising to get the treadmill fixed (it's been broken for 2 years and not under warranty!). I needed a small machine I can do while the kids are sleeping. Normally, I'd go out and walk/jog but my hubbie isn't here and I can't leave the kids alone. That's why I got this. I'm sorry about your friend's machine...I have a feeling that this could very well happen with my machine as well. But so far, so good, except for the calorie counter/timer thing. I think you have to hit the bottom for it to register but in the video and directions they say try not to hit the bottom. Oh well...

BTW, you look very pretty!
Musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:55 PM   #5  

Bumping this thread because I totally bought this machine on a whim at Walmart. Afterwards, I read some mixed reviews. Can anyone update their experiences with this machine? I'm going to try it out today. I guess if I don't like itm I can always return it. Thanks!
missqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

I bought from a sporting goods store about 2 years ago and returned it for a full refund......not enough range of motion to do me any good and too expensive for what it did do.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #7  

OMG! I went home and tried the thing, and it's going back to the store this weekend!

The lateral motion was ackward, and I felt pain in my lower back. The things started squeaking after 5 minutes. The only good thing that I can say about it is that I started to sweat almost immediately. To bad it's cheaply made.
missqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:48 AM   #8  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

I have one and haven't had a problem out of it..When I first used it I felt it in my legs. I can tell it works because my muscles was sore the next day, and I also started sweating within 5 mins of following the tape.. I stop using it only because I got lazy lol but I plan on using it at least 2x a week along with my other workout..I have a friend that has one and its has toned her legs up and lifted her buttock, and her bottom portion use to be flabby and she didn't have a butt...
KamsMoMa is offline   Reply With Quote