South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 04:53 PM   #1  

Question What about Phase 3?

It occurred to me last night... is anyone on the forum on Phase 3?

I'm curious what it's like. I'm a little scared of the freedom of it, to be honest. I mean, in some ways I wonder if it's just like PH2, that you're on Ph2 forever sort of. But it can't be.

The book is so vague on this front.

Anyone? (Or Ph2 folks about to hit Ph3?)

(By the way... I'm down 6lbs! WHAT A DIFFERENCE that makes! Phase2 this Friday -- I can not WAIT!)
Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 PM   #2  
I found my hipbones!

LOL! I've also wondered the same thing about Phase 3. I tend to think of it as Never Never Land or Avalon...some far away, little known place.

Even though Phase 3 is still about 80 pounds away for me, I've often found myself wondering how am I going to be able to stop losing at that point... Will I be able to make myself stop wanting to lose? How will I handle eating those huge meals? And NO snacks? I get the feeling I'll need to reread the book at that point, you know. I actually counted it out. If I continue losing at the rate I have been, it'll be next May before I'm at goal, so I'm sure I'll need some way to segway into Phase 3...

Good question...hope I'll be able to answer it someday.

Last edited by fuzzy324; 06-22-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:19 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

on that huge loss, Kim!!! I was where you are now in college, and I did not lose the weight...how I totally regret that! I think you are doing a wonderful job!

I'm nowhere near Phase 3, but I can tell you that when I get there, I plan to eat 3 fruit and 2 starches at least, whereas I eat one of each now to lose. Eating the 3:2 plan had me maintaining, and I am looking forward to being there again! In addition, I will probably splurge now and then, eating less fruit and starch afterwards, and maybe heading back to Phase 1 now and then if necessary.

That said, I'm really interested in hearing from those who are in Phase 3 now...maybe QuilterinVA is?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:51 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I don't know anyone on Phase III but suspect that, by the time we get there, the tenets of SBD will be engraved on our hearts and we will intuitively chose good fats and good carbs. I hope to live that long!
Old 06-22-2004, 06:23 PM   #5  

I am nowhere near phase 3 but I find that I have so much more energy throughout the day with the snacks. I don't experience the slumps in the mid-afternoon so I would probably continue with a protein-based afternoon snack. I will probably have a similar amount of starch and fruit as you plan to beachgirl, but will aim to eat them between 10am and 4pm.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #6  

I am pretty close to it since I didn't want to lose too much to start with. I'm sort of phasing myself into it by eating a bit more now than I did when I started Phase 2. I'm still losing, but slowly, like .5 to 1 pound per week. Hopefully when I'm at my goal I can just add another something to maintain.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Phase 3 not unless I end my affairs. But seriously I hope that we will all be there together soon.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:54 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Did I misread something in the book? No snacks? I really think the snack plan is what is making this diet work so well for me. Everything I have read in the last five years has advocated six small meals rather than three big ones. This is supposed to help with your health, your mood, and your weight. So even if the book says not to, I think I will definitely continue on the snacks.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:26 PM   #9  

The book just doesn't list snacks on the sample menus. Surely it is not meaning not to have them. I am all about the snacks!!

I actually plan to follow Phase 3 once we get pregnant. Not that I believe in dieting while pregnant, but it is just such a good, healthy way to eat. Plus, I would like to gain less with this pregnancy- I gained 45 with DD.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #10  

Hi There MittenNKim!

I agree w/ Ruthxxx...as you can tell by my name, I plan on staying w/ this choice of healthy eating for the rest of my life.

I am on the verge of entering phase 3 after losing over 130 lbs.
I have lost 50 lbs. on SBD since Jan 2004.

I have been slowly adding more good carbs to my diet over the past few weeks. I am taking it slowly.

At this point, there are very few things that I really miss very much, that I plan on occasionally adding back to my diet. I know they are bad for me, so I hope that I will continue to make good choices.

To me, phase 3 is the same as phase 2, but you have reached your goal. As with anything, there are choices you need to make.

Good luck!
Old 06-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Kiko, that sounds like a great plan. I don't consider Phase 3 to be a "diet" in the sense of trying to lose weight, but rather a "diet" in the manner of a WOE. It's a great healthy way to nurture your baby, I think! I would love to hear about your work with it, since I hope to be in that position when we get pregnant!

Last edited by beachgal; 06-24-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:58 PM   #12  

... and having a treat once a week instead of several times a day. I find now that I am not eating a lot of sweet or highly processed foods I am enjoying healthier foods more. I really miss my daily exercise if I don't get the chance to do anything and feel thirsty when I haven't drunk a lot of water.
Closed Thread