Old 06-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #1  
2BoysMom

Default Stay at home Moms #198

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #2  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

Lisa, so sorry I missed you last night. I just posted then headed upstairs for some quality time with Dh...we fell asleep .

Spryng, glad you got some relaxing in last night. I have found myself watching HGTV more and more at night 'cause there's not much else on that interests me. So sorry that Dh will be out for 3 weeks. When you start getting really lonely or stircrazy...give me a buzz Wish we lived close enough to get together once in a while!

Cindi...you sound like you're doing just great. I'm sure that finding a good dr is quite a blessing! I love my boys dr...he's going on #6 of his own and looks like he's 20 yrs old. Anyway, he just loves kids and it shows in his practice. Hope you got some rest.

Penny, maybe you should tell Dh NOT to wake you up at night . Mine knows better! I'm not a middle of the night kind of girl if you know what I mean!! I guess I'm no fun (hee hee).

Leigh..congrats on the peek! I won't say it officially until you post your numbers though so that you're not jinxed . Sorry your friend is moving away. I have no one to walk with during the day..that's why my new bf is Leslie and my WATP dvds .

Michelle..now I love a nice lawn...but mowing every 2 days??? No way! Dh mowed on Sunday and I still have to trim around everything. Can't do it til Tony takes a nap though and it rained all day yesterday (well, till about 7:00 and then I was at my meeting).

Crystal, sounds like you're going to have to eat small amounts quite often during the day to stay full. It's kind of a pain in the butt! Sounds like fun but then it seems all you're doing is eating. We have days like that here if the boys eat breakfast early...then it's snack time, then it's lunch time, then it's snack time then it's dinner time...the eating never stops! I'm trying to get them to eat fruit for snacks but the do get graham crackers and such too.

I got my 3 mile power walk in this morning. Back on track today . Haven't figured out dinner yet. Dh has been getting home late so I usually just feed the kids and myself and he eats whenever. Lunch will be tuna for me on a WW eng muffin. I just do tuna, celery and red onion with a slice of low fat cheese and ICBINB spray. I LOVE real mayonaise but don't buy it anymore. I'm not much of a fan of the light so I only use it if I'm making a noodle or potato salad for a cookout or something. I occasionally make egg salad for my Mom too since she's here often.

Well, I should get off of here. The plan is to get the checkbook balanced before the kids start climbing on me!

Have a great OP day today and a big hello to everyone else out there!!

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

lol yes we are the crazy people who mow every 2-3 days!! My dad and my hubbys dad instilled that in us! They both took really good care of their lawns! I remember growing up and my dad always had beautiful gardens and the lawn was perfectly manicured so we try to keep ours as green as we can and neatly trimmed, mind you there are some weeks we just can't do it every 2 days because of rain or we are just too busy. But all in all it stays pretty neat. I'll take some pictures soon.

Geri - Good for you getting that walk in!!

Spryng - Yes I am a peeler, but I've already started the lotion in hopes that I won't peel. I have really really fair skin, when I went to hawaii I burned so bad I couldnt walk, and that was on a cloudy day!! Same thing when I went to cabo san lucas I had blisters the size of silver dollars on my shoulders, and I had used spf 45 sunscreen and it was water proof.

Penny I did take a picture in my new clothes but man oh man all hubby got a good shot of was my double chin!!! I would have like to kick him!! lol

Ok back to work for me!!
michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:49 AM   #4  

Morning Ladies!
Geri, have fun on your power walk! And better luck on balancing your check book! I do that for the household as well, and it can be time consuming and a little frustrating. My husband is quite a spender and we end up "discussing" many things! LOL

Leigh, I just loved those pictures you posted. You look fantastic in that dress, and like everyone else said you and hubby make a beautiful couple. Thanks again for sharing them.

Spryng, last night we ended up having baked salmon, topped with a little herbed-goat cheese and I baked a little casserole dish of cauliflower, onions, sour cream and reduced fat chedder cheese. It all came out really yummy. I liked the way your creamy ziti sounds or the honey salmon, tough choice! Glad you got to sleep in a bit, my guys are always up by 8am, but on an odd occasion they have slept till 9am. I usually don't get to bed till Midnight or 1am, I have trouble falling asleep. I'm going to try the supplement, Melatonin, which is supposed to help with that. I just need to go out and buy it.

Yesterday I cleaned the front entry, living room, dining room and a bit of the kitchen. Today I need to work more detailed on the kitchen and add in the Family room, laundry and powder room. Sooo much to do today. I did give in a bit and had a small slice of the freakin ice cream cake, but right after I threw it away, so it wont be tempting me any more! LOL

Steve left on his fishing trip today, I'll miss him, but I'm looking forward to having the evenings to myself for a bit. I've found two cards around the house he's left for me, he's such a goof, but sweet.

Off to have some healthy cereal and a smoothie, or perhaps some whole wheat toast. Breakfast is easy for me, especially since I've found some really good, low carb, low points wheat bread. It's lunch and dinner that are a bit of a struggle for me. I should start planning it now so I don't get all hungry and crazy at the last minute. NO, don't worry, I wont dig that cake out of the trash or anything, I'm not quite that bad! LOL

Hi to everyone else that I didn't get personal with: Michelle, Penny, Ricci, Cindi, Lisa, Crystal, and if I forgot anyone, don't take it personal, I haven't had my coffee yet!

Check in after lunch,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:47 PM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, we never had a honeymoon, so for our 1 year ann. we went to San Antonio, we've actually been there like 2 or 3 times, but never since we've had kids. Sea World is awesome and that's been a few years. Kids will love it. They can feed and pet dauphins, watch the shark and whale shows. There was a pirate show with a huge walrus. Yes this is the place for kids. The river walk is nice, but real historic so kids may get bored, it's outside a mall, so inside it's eating and shopping. You can take a ride on a boat, but it's crowded and they talk all history. Very nice for the two of you. I can't wait until my kids are big enough to go to Sea World. Hope this helps
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:08 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hiya everyone,
I've been thinking about this for a while and just cant get my mind of this thought sooooo, even at the risk of BLOWING it, I am going out to eat for lunch (and I dont mean to have a salad)
For 2 weeks, I have eaten extremely healthy, I've had no JUNK food what so ever and well I think I deserve to have one friggin meal each week (just one) where I can have whatever I want. I guess folk on here call it "free food". I seriously doubt, that having one "free" meal every week is going to BLOW anything but what it will do is give me something to look forward to every week, my reward so to speak.
Anyways, this past weekend, I was thinking about it alot and figured that every Monday I would allow myself a "free meal". well yesterday (Monday) I wanted to have a "free meal" but chickened out lol.

Well, I am going to do it today. I already know what "free meal" I am having (I dreamed about it all night lol)

I'm going to go now and do my dance aerobics and clean up the house a little and then go out with the kids for lunch.

see ya all later
nagsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:20 PM   #7  

I am back, it is getting harder and harder to keep up with the post. Sorry for not getting personal.

I did not weigh in today, bc JW was asleep when we went to LA. I did not get any of my errands done. Of course, when we got home and put him in the crib he did not want to sleep. Anyway, I think I am going to tell LA I will weigh in once a week, two times is getting a little obsessive for me. I found a TOPS meeting in my area. It is on Tuesday evening, oh tonight, maybe I will give it a try. I am still thinking LA is too strict. I believe in restricting bad foods but this list is unrealistic and I think that it has halted my weight loss efforts. Sorry to always sound negative.

Congrats to all the losers!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:46 PM   #8  

OMG, I am NOT going to totally BLOW it lol.

I just got done with my excersise, as you know I was planning on going out for lunch and have a "free meal". I have been dreaming about going to the "All You Can Eat" chinese resturant and I planned to go there today. BUT...during my excersise, I got to thinking again (lol) can I really go to this place and use good portion control?? **** NO, I would go there and eat and eat and eat until exploded lol SOOOoooooo, I AM NOT GOING TO GO THERE....

I am however still going out to eat and using my "free meal" I am going to go to Quizno's (a sub shop) and have a "Honey Bourbon Chicken on Toasted Wheat Bread", a small bag of Salt & Vinegar chips and a small coke.

the sandwich alone has....

I dont know about the chips and soda and how much that will add to it all but I dont care lol cause I will still be eating alot healthier than if I were to go to chinese, especially an "all you can eat" one lol.

Anyways, I am going to jump in the shower and go have my "free food" lunch...

see ya all later....
    Old 06-22-2004, 02:53 PM   #9  

Hi Meltin...
    I'm sorry I havent been keeping up with the posts either so I am not sure what "LA" is when you say that. I would think weighing in twice a week was a bit too much too. You got to do what YOU think is right. If weighing twice a week is not your style, then just dont do it.

LOL, with all the negative posts I have posted on here, I dont see anything wrong with your post. you guys are still putting up with me and I am probably one of the most negative people out there.

just you do what you feel comfortable in, and if this "LA" place dont like it, then tell them to go..........BEEP BEEP BEEP
    Old 06-22-2004, 03:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 293/211/135

Hey moms,

I got some good news this week.. I do measurements bi-weekly and i lost 9.5 inches! (10 spots) I'm also in a battle w/ these first 10lbs.. I get to 229 and go back up to 240 and I can't get past that!!!! Right now, for my diet, I am eat 6 meals a day, 2 meals no/low carb and other meals, I get LC bread and LC meat but I don't worry about the #'s I'm staying btwn 50 and 150 (depending on the day) Norm was overt 300 so its good.

I WANT TO GET TO 220! That'll be my first real goal.. I want a body next summer... I dont want to be embarassed to go to the pool, to wear shorts...

Anyone on here do Baby Lifts? My 14.5 month old is almost 30 lbs and I use him to lift weights!

Also what's these (add month here) miles walked.. How does that work.. I am constantly walking
    LilDudesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2004, 03:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!

Well I got some things accomplished this morning. Not as much as I would have liked, but o-well. My kitchen is clean and my living room is spotless. I was fixing to start laundry and checked the mail and my new Health magazine came in so needless to say I stopped what I was doing to devour it cover to cover! lol. Well I didn't finish it all in one sitting, but most of it. I had to make lunch which was a lean cuisine for me. I remember why I don't buy them much, lol, they don't fill me up. An hour later and I was ravenous again so I heated up boca burger pattie and ate it with some mustard and it hit the spot. Now I think I can make it to dinner. Which I decided on the creamy ziti. It had more fresh ingrediants in it so I need to make it before they go bad. But anyway, dd started on her kindergarten cdrom and is doing sooo great! She has tackled every game and learning puzzle perfectly so far and is really figuring out how to control the mouse. I may have to start her on 1st grade stuff soon.
    ok, enough about me... let me get personal with you all now, lol

Lisa, those chinese buffets are my downfall too. I can't stop at one plate. I think you made the right choice. Choose a meal that comes in a certain portion (like the sub and bag of chips) that way to can't continue to eat once it's gone and I would say grab a diet coke instead of the real thing. I always feel like real sodas are a waste of calories. I never drink my calories. Save it for the real food! LOL. But I think one cheat meal a week is a good idea until it turns into a cheat day, then a cheat weekend, etc. That is what has happened to me. When I started ww I stuck to the plan 100%. I only ate my target pts and my flex and that was it, when they were gone I didn't eat (or I ate 0 pt veggies) then after a few months I decided to have a cheat day on the day I weighed in, then it morphed into a cheat weekend when dh was home. This last time I ate terribly from thursday to sunday... much more than a cheat weekend. So I am back to flexpoints only and target pts. I need to control myself better. SO be very careful about including any cheat meals in your plan. I think it's a good idea as long as you are aware of the signs of it turning into a binge.

Melinda, let us know how TOPS goes tonight! I think LA is not what you need anymore. If you feel restricted you will want to rebel and all your hard work will be lost, so if you need a diet plan change then that is ok! Sometimes we have to go through several (if not dozens) of diet changes to find the one that works for us.

Crystal, thank you so much for your input on san antonio! Now I really want to go! LOL. I guess we'll forgo the river walk. I'm not much into history unless it is about egypt. And I'm sure there is no ancient pyramids on the river walk, lol.

Di, I have heard good things about melatonin. A friend of mine takes it, she can only handle 1/2 a tablet though or she has really vivid dreams... so be careful, lol. Good for you for throwing that ice cream cake away!! No fail enviroment huh?? I have some almond m&m's on the counter calling my name and plan on letting the kids finish them off later so they will stop talking to me! LOL. I'm not too tempted but I know TOM will be around sooner than later and he'll want them, lol.

Michelle, how are your new workouts working out? (like that play on words? lol) And how is being a new moderater like?

Geri, when there is nothing on at night I usually watch the food channel. I love those unwrapped shows. I have actually learned alot from the channel. And I just might take you up on that phone call offer. Do you have yahoo messenger?? If not you should download it so we can chat sometime.

ok, guess I've blabbed enough. I think I may take a small nap now. TTYL!
    spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi Liz! Have we met??? I am spryng, mother of 3. Maybe you joined while my dh was home, I hardly post when he's here and can't keep up with new posts coming in. What program are you on?? Congrats on the inches coming off!! If I were you I'd focus more on them right now then the scale. I mean if you are eating right and exercising and the scale isn't budgeing or even going up then your tape measure will be more accurate right now. And I think you looking great next summer is a guarentee!! Just keep plugging along and it will happen!
    spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2004, 04:04 PM   #13  
    Walking away the weight

Default Afternoon in the South . . .

Hi everyone. Had a nice afternoon here in Atlanta. Went with Liam, Mom, and sister to a few discount stores and then we ate lunch at Johnny Rockets, but I ended up having the Boca Burger (wow- that's delicious!) and split an order of fries with my mother, so I don't have to apply flexpoints after all

Hi, Penny! Hope you're having a good day too

Michelle- ohh nooo! Hope your burn gets better soon. Are you drenching yourself in aloe or in solarcaine? Did you get a lot of exercise in today? I'd love to see recent pics of you too!

Crystal - Hi! I am 5'6" and DH is about 6 feet tall. Wow - your DH is very tall WHen you hit 8 weeks, will your morning sickness go away? For me, my second month was really bad, but then it was over.

Spryng- I've been meaning to ask you, does your DH transport the same type of stuff all the time, or is he transporting different things each trip? I was curious about that I'm glad the darkened room is good for all! Sounds wonderful . . . I've heard San Antonio is really nice, but I've never been. How did Ava like the school program? You're way ahead of me on the housework

Geri- good job on the walk today! I did my normal 2.5 miles. I think Liam will motivate me to keep walking - he likes our walks in the park

Di - Thank you! Wow - you've been busy with housework! I need to straighten up, but we still have guests, so it's hard.

Lisa - I think one free meal a week is good.

Melinda- I think you should do whatever fits best with you. I changed diets too from when I first started - I just wanted something that fit in more with day-to-day life so tried WW instead.

Liz - are you new? Welcome! I'm Leigh, SAHM to an 8-mopnth-old named Liam. I've been married 2 years to a wonderful DH What plan are you on? I'm doing Weight Watchers and am trying to lose my post-pregnancy weight.

Girls, I'm still sooo stuffed from lunch and it's already 4pm. I think I'll have lots of points left today . . . enough even for the WW carrot cake I absolutely love carrot cake. Okay, I'll check in later . . .
    Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 293/211/135

Spryng, I posted I think 2 weeks ago.. I'm just trying to get the nerve to talk!

Leigh, I am not doing any specific plan.. I failed all plans so I'm doing my own thing. I find it easier to stick to and less chaces of messing up I am trying to get my Depo weight off...
    LilDudesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2004, 04:39 PM   #15  

Talking

OK, I plead TEMPORARY INSANITY!! lol

Well, I did go to Quizno's, but ummmm I didn't quite order what I originally intended to order. Instead, I ordered the Mesquite chicken w/ Bacon sub (reg size). I also bought a small bag of Lay's Baked BBQ chips and a coke lmao.

I did'nt even eat the chips cause by the time I had finished the sandwich I was full.

Spryng, I know what you mean about being careful. I know how easy it is to start off doing it once a week, then suddenly your doing it twice a week and so on and so on.
    I am actually pretty confident that I can have just one "free meal" a week and be satified with that. When I lost all the weight before I also had "free day" to where I took one day out of the month and ate what I wanted to, and BOY did I eat BUT I stuck to doing it only once a month.

Anyways, even though I didnt order what I planned to order, I don't feel guilty. This was my " free meal" and I think I could of done a whole heck of a lot worse.

Now I am satisfied and will continue the rest of the week sticking to my plan.