South Beach Diet - Starting P1, Day 1 this morning

View Full Version : Starting P1, Day 1 this morning

Firefli10
06-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi! I am starting SBD today and am excited. My copy of the book hasn't arrived yet, but I found enough sample diets and food lists to help me until my copy comes in the mail. I am 33 and have 35 pounds to lose. I look forward to any advice and hope to be able to give support too!
Cindy

beachgal
06-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Welcome, Cindy! :wave:

I HIGHLY encourage you to read the book when it comes. I don't know how I would have made it through without knowing the background of what Dr. A was thinking with this WOE. :D

I love this plan...it's the first one I've done that I can truly live with ! :goodvibes: I hope you feel the same way!

Barb0522
06-22-2004, 10:10 AM
I agree with Laurie. You might also want to get the cookbook. It has a lot of good recipes although I tend to take a lot of my healthy recipes that I already had and convert them. It is really easy once you read the book and the info on this forum. Just don't let yourself get discouraged during Phase 1. I gets a lot easier after the first week or two. I think the real secret to SBD is planning your meals and snacks so that you can shop for the ingredients and won't be tempted to grab something off plan. Welcome!

Kiko
06-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Welcome! Make yoiu sure you check out the recipe thread here as well. There are lots of good ones.

Good luck!

sweet tooth
06-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Welcome to SBD.

I have been on the plan for just over a month. Yesterday, I started Phase II after 5 1/2 weeks on Phase I. I wouldn't recommend that, though, it just happened that circumstances in my life made the decision to stay on Phase I more convenient.

You can do this...

ellis
06-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Welcome, Cindy! :wave: There's lots of great advice (see the FAQ) and support here!!

Firefli10
06-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I can't wait to read the book - it should be here either Wednesday or Thursday. Hope to hear from everybody soon!

jenne1017
06-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Welcome Welcome!!!

ozziesgirl
06-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Everyone has given you great answers so I just wanted to say welcome to SBD! Good luck!