I try to be there for them.
Online friends can be the coolest.
This is for you.
Thank you for offering your friendship.
Thank you for....
I don't know, just Thank You. By: Ashley Morris

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are doing well. I'm popping in for a quick hello and thought I would start the new thread! Yes, I know, I'm a brat!

Well, I started the South Beach Diet today. So far so good. Having a hard time trying to figure out what to eat. I guess I should have gone grocery shopping for all the stuff before starting.

Well, I've got to run. I hope you all come in to post!

Love ya!

Sylvia
Old 06-22-2004, 12:02 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

Hi Sylvia,

Congrats on the start of the SBD. I started it on May 14, but stayed on Phase I until yesterday. I knew that I was having some surgery last week, so decided to stay on the first phase until after the surgery. So far, I have lost 16.5 pounds. I am excited because I don't feel the least bit hungry and the bonus is that it includes all the foods that I love.

I went to the dr. on May 11 and he gave me a hard time about my weight increase. As we discussed the problem, he told me that I should try cutting carbs and sugar out of my diet. When I went home, hubby was telling me about the SBD and after I looked at it for a couple of days, decided that I would try. I didn't have a problem with cutting the carbs the first 2 weeks because I don't care for them anyway - with the exception of pasta. The dr. suggested that I try going a month without pasta and see what happens. Well, I went 5 1/2 weeks and am thrilled.

Stick with the plan, if for no other reason than you want to 'see' what happens and test out how you will feel on the program - and, of course, lose weight. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:07 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

One more thought....

I noticed that there was a weekly weigh-in post in May, but not in June. Is it possible to start that again in July. It might be encouragement for some of us who have come back...
Old 06-23-2004, 09:45 AM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

Looks like I'll be talking to myself this week. But that's OK. You probably don't want to listen anyway, but I am getting it all off my chest.

I came back to work yesterday after surgery last week and didn't do too badly until early afternoon. Went home and crashed for the rest of the afternoon...I couldn't believe that I was so drained. This morning, I am really bad. I came to work, head spinning, mouth aching so bad I can't talk. I am a basket case.

The boss just phoned - he isn't in either - and I told him that I was going home soon. Just such a bad time of year to be sick. It is the end of the fiscal and trying to meet the deadlines is crazy. I'll catch up some stuff that needs to be done, then head out. Bed is sounding sooooo good right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great day. Take care.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #5  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile

Thank you Slyvia for starting the new thread ... Oh yes, you deserve this: BRAT!!!!!!! Good job on starting the SBD ... I don't follow that one but do "try" to just do low carbing. I say try, cuz lately I can't seem to get back on it strictly. But, every day is a new day, so of course every day I start fresh! I have a feeling that you and Peggy are going to make me faithful .. that's a good thing.

Peggy: Hope you are feeling better now after your surgery ... I had to go back on the threads cuz I forgot you mentioned you were having your wisdom teeth removed .. sorry. Good job on losing all those lbs on the SBD .. keep up the good work. I didn't start any more wt threads cuz no one posted, but will start one for July. Are you interested in posting in a food journal thread as well?

Luvnsoca: I'm sorry, I don't remember your name ... when you posted with us before did you post under a different name? Anyway please do post with us often so we can get to know you better. No, you aren't impatient about posting ... our group has gotten a bit small but we're not finished yet! There's still life here!

Well, not much going on with me this week ... just tending to my garden and flowers in between rains ... been working on my new address announcement cards and am quite pleased as to how they came out .. have them ready to start mailing out now. I took a digital picture of the entrance to our place, then I "fogged" the picture and added our new address/phone etc ...

Well ... am off to start the weekly weigh-in thread .. and I think I'll try the daily food journal thread again too.

Later ...
Love, CJ
Old 06-23-2004, 10:16 AM   #6  
CJ

OK girls ... I started a Food Log for June AND a weekly weigh-in for June/July so "COME ON DOWN" and post with me!

Love, CJ
Old 06-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Thanks for the Weight Thread. I have posted and will keep updated. I find it encouraging to track the weight loss through a month...it also keeps me on disciplined because I don't want to report an increase.

I probably won't track on the food log, though. I really don't keep track of what I eat everyday. I have two key goals on this plan:

1. Eat the foods that are recommended on the plan.
2. Never be hungry.

I have found through SBD that I am not hungry - one of my main problems on WW. When I am hungry, I can go to the fridge and eat a cheese stick, rather than carrot sticks. The cheese is also a preference for me over the veggies, so it suits me perfectly.

Through the 2 goals that I have set, I am finding that I am not even hungry at meal time. I went from Thursday last week to Monday - eating only what hubby stuffed down my throat which was very little - and recognized hunger pangs on Monday for the first time in a very long while.

I just find this amazing...
Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Hi! Checking in for another day of self-talk... Where is everyone? Come on back, I'd really like to hear from you.

Anyway, I went to the opthamologist (however that's spelled) this morning only to find out that I need bifocals. I have been putting that off for the past couple of years, but the time has finally come. I think this old bod has had enough...it feels like it has had the once over this past little while.

I am also feeling frustrated these past days because I am gaining weight and have barely eaten anything. Yesterday I had about 1/2 cup of ff yogurt and 1 cup of cottage cheese. Gained 1 pound. I haven't had much more than that for the past week, either, some days not eating anything. I just don't get it. However, I am still planning to be in my bikini by the time we go on vacation on July 17.

I finally booked a trip to Peurto Vallarta. Since our trip to the Middle East in 2001, we have only taken a week's vacation where we actually got away to rest. Most of our vacation time has been spent either helping with babysitting, or renovating the house.

We are still adjusting to hubby's new job. When he did contract work on his previous job, he was required to take holidays to do the work. When he changed jobs last year, he took a small decrease in holidays but negotiated 10 days of contract work each year and his new employer requires 3 days of community service (which he was doing on his vacation time before). Since that is not coming out of vacation time any more, we have more vacation time to hang around. We both have about 6 weeks banked right now, so decided we would take 2 weeks this summer and then try to fit a winter holiday in around February. We are sooooo looking forward to being away from the responsibilities of the house...and adult kids still living at home.

In April, I received a letter from an old high school friend...we haven't seen her since university days about 35 years ago. I was helping out DD with her new baby, and received a letter in the mail when I got home. As it turns out, my friend is living in the same city as DD...I could have seen her when I was there. We are planning to spend a couple days with DD and her hubby and will drop in on our friends. We email each other frequently - it is so nice to dig up long forgotten memories from the past. We are trying to find the other girls from our high school group and see if we can put a reunion together. It has been a lot of fun over the past couple of months.

Hope everyone is doing well. Must go. I have taken enough time off work this past week, so think I should get back at it.

Hope to hear from you all soon. Take care.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #9  
CJ

Checking in quickly here to say hello. Was a run around day today. We're getting ready to stain and paint our cabin. I am happy to report that I stayed on my lo-carb plan 2 days in a row now. I have been eating sweets lately and was having such a hard time getting back on track ... couple more days of being "good" and I will be on my way once again. Actually, when I have eaten too many "bad carbs" my stomach puts up a fuss and I truly pay for it.

Peggy .. maybe you are not eating enough to lose lbs ... sometimes when you "starve" your body, it hangs onto the fat cells ... hard to explain but what you said you had to eat was hardly anything at all ... I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'll get back to losing again instead. I agree with you - reaching for a cheese stix is much better than reaching for those carrot sticks! When is your trip to Porto Vallarta? Sounds wonderful.

Slyvia: Good luck on your SB diet and I hope Geno teething is getting better now.

Sharon: Where are you girlfriend??? I'm missing you so much! I guess I'll have to call you again, eh? Come on and post with us!

Sherry: Missing you too! Hope to hear from you soon.

OK ... time to go soak in the hot tub before bed.

Later.....
Love, CJ
Old 06-25-2004, 03:08 AM   #10  

Hello Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. I had been doing so well on SBD for two day then it all went downhill. My sister who was 7 weeks pregnant lost her baby. I had just arrived to my parents' house (she's house sitting for a couple of weeks then it's my turn) when she started to cramp and well, she stayed in the bathroom for 2 hours. My heart broke for her and I tried my best to play with the kids. Her friends came over with a huge chocolate fudge cake, ice cream and milk. I stayed with her for a couple of days and basically threw the dieting out the window. I'm going to restart tomorrow. I'm emotionally drained but, she is doing well. She has been trying to have another baby for 6 years and this is her 3rd miscarriage.

Nice to see more people posting. I will post more tomorrow. Right now, I need to get some sleep.

Hugs to all.

Sylvia

Last edited by aivlys; 06-25-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:59 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Popping in to post for today...

I haven't told you all how much encouragement I receive when I post on this thread. You have all been an valuable part of my weight loss plan...words cannot express my appreciation to you all. Thanks so much for being there.

CJ - I think you are right about the starvation. Yesterday, I was not feeling too bad, but didn't eat much again. No supper, just a cheese stick that I shared with 2 puppies. However, today is payday and DH reminded me this morning that we had talked about going out for breakfast on paydays... So, we did just that. We have been driving to work a different route for the past 2 months because the bridge by our house is being repaired and we cannot go the usual way. On the new route we saw some advertisements for breakfast specials - one of which was at a sleazy hotel that has been renovated and now very attractive. We decided to stop for their special this morning. It was great...I had my 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon and a fruit cup (instead of toast and hash browns). This is the first real meal that I have had in a week, and it was great...I am finally feeling like a human once again. Thanks for the encouragement, CJ. You are terrific.

Sylvia - I am so sorry to hear about your sister's baby. Such a shock and disappointment. Hoping that she is feeling better soon. There is no sense trying to follow an eating program when you are emotionally drained. You will get back OP soon and once in the groove of eating the SBD way, it will be easier. Remember, those first 2 weeks are the worst... Takce care of yourself.

We are going to Puerto Vallarta on July 17. I have decided that I will follow the Phase II portion of SBD for the next 2 weeks, then do Phase I for the week before we leave. I would like to lose another 10 pounds before we go so that I will be sure to get into that bikini on the beach. I am so looking forward to sitting around and doing nothing for the week. Last year we went to southern Ontario for a week...the previous week, we had some changes at work that meant I was on call 24 hours, and worked many of those nights. DH and I spent the entire holiday sleeping. We are anticipating that this holiday will be different and that we won't be so overworked before we go.

For those who are lurking, a great BIG Hi!!!! Have a great day and super weekend.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:51 PM   #12  
CJ

Just popping in for a quick hello ... we are replacing trim on our cabin and getting ready to stain & paint ... I was just transplanting some strawberry plants that I had in a planter .. it got accidently hit by our truck and was a little "squashed" ... so I found some spaces to plant them in the garden.

Slyvia: So sorry to hear of your sisters miscarriage .. I feel her pain, as I also had 3 miscarriages - I hope she is feeling better soon. And don't worry about falling off your plan ... you will get back on it soon and be ok.

Peggy: Me too - I'm so thankful that you guys are posting here with me .. I would hate for this group to die out ... I think in time we will be busy posters again .. hey, there's the 3 of us right now ... and I'm sure more will come again. Hope you are feeling better now too from your surgery.

Well ... gotta go. Talk to ya all later.

Love, CJ
Old 06-26-2004, 09:42 PM   #13  

Hello

Popping in for a quick hello. I'm getting ready to go to my husband's family reunion so this will be quick. I stepped on the scale expecting it to stay the same or be higher since I spent most of Wednesday eating cake, cookies and Ice Cream (comfort food). Well I get on the scale and almost pass out...I was OP (SBD) for 2 days then fell off the wagon and was dragged for a couple then went back on that wagon...I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!

Will post again when I get home. Will try to be good. Wow, I feel GREAT!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Hugs-
Sylvia
Closed Thread