Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 6/21 - 6/27

A quick post to start the week. I slept in on Saturday morning. Part of it was because I stayed up too late and needed the sleep and part of it was not wanting to face the scale. I think I would have been up 2 pounds. I decided that I *hvae * to go on Saturday although it might end up being cheaper to just rejoin than pay all the weeks I missed. I'll ask.

I also decided to get a copy of the SBD book and do that for a month, still counting points though. It should be on its way and I hope to start next week. I just feel as if I have to do something - I need a boost and if I can make it through "Phase I" for a couple of weeks, and then do Phase II for a couple more, at least I'll be in decent shape and maybe 5 pounds lighter before we go away in August. The snack cravings have been bad and if I can get a couple of week's break from them, well, it's worth a shot and worth no fruit for 2 weeks!

I didn't do too badly over the weekend even though Sat's dinner ended up being Italian takeout (their Chinese takeout place was closed) and we ended going out with Krista and her boyfriend to our favorite Italian place last night! I had veal with peppers and mushrooms the first night and fish last night so even though I only have about 18 FP's left, I think that's pretty good.

This week is nothing but challenges - today is the class picnic so I don't know what they'll be for lunch and tonight is our end of year party. We are going out to dinner to a great Italian place on Wednesday night too with the teacher, MB, I've been with this year and her husband. I'm going to go over to the gym and see if I can do some quick upper body weights - I need to earn an activity point!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-21-2004, 01:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Rhonda - I'm sorry to hear you had such a tough week last week. Karen's right - take care of yourself. Sometimes when everything around us is out of control, it helps to be able to control at least one thing - our eating.

Karen - Hope you enjoyed your first day of summer!

Judy - I'm sorry to hear that you missed your meeting. I know how not wanting to face the scale goes. Good for you for realizing you need a boost. Giving SBD a try is a good idea - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out for you. Maybe it's time to start keeping a journal again (not the WW kind) to help you figure out why you're not being able to stay on target? It sounds like you did really well over the weekend. Good luck this week with all your challenges. Just take a deep breath and try your best and you'll be fine.

It's a good thing I used so few flex points on Friday because I certainly dipped into them the rest of the weekend. I have five left to get me through tomorrow. I should be ok. We went out for lunch yesterday for father's day and it wasn't very point friendly, but it was good. I'm dealing with PMS right now (a bit early) and it's bad all the way around. I'm definitely fighting the salty/sweet cravings, but I'm not going to give in. It's raining like mad here today - definitely a gloomy day. John worked Saturday night, so he's off today, so we'll probably go out and take a ride or something soon. As long as it doesn't involved stopping at a restaurant.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 06-21-2004, 08:58 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Hi guys...

Have to keep this short as I have one dilated eye and one not dilated (opthalmology appointment) and it's hard to see!

Judy...I'll be anxious to hear what you think about SBD after a few days.

Carla...hope you're managing those few remaining flex points!

I've had a good food day. OP and doing fine. Off to the couch to be catered to now...milking my impaired vision for all it's worth!

Have a good one!

Karen
Old 06-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #4  

Karen - I hate the whole eye dilation thing. I thought about you at dinner tonight. John grilled some strip steaks and I held back some of the bleu cheese from my salad to put on the steak. Very, very good dinner.

Judy - I read at the WW boards that prevention.com has the SBD food lists, recipes, etc. on their website, if you want to take an advance peak.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:48 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Carla - epicurian heaven!

Judy - if you check SBD's FAQ forum, they have the 2004 Phase 1 list which is an update of the list from the book.

Talk to you tomorrow...

Karen
Old 06-22-2004, 02:13 PM   #6  

Carla – Sorry to hear about PMS – I found the 94% Kettle Popcorn to be really helpful for salty/sweet cravings. I know you can make it with 5 FP’s left. Yes, I think getting back to my non-WW journal would be a good idea – it certainly would have helped last night! Thanks for the tip about prevention.com – I’ll have to check it out.

Karen – LOL about milking your impaired vision! I hate the whole eye dilation thing too! Thanks for the tip about the Phase I list.

Not much time to post right now. I did well at the party and danced a lot too but was annoyed that Tony declined giving me a ride (so I just had 1 glass of wine). Well, I should have taken out a journal because I took out the feeling on some snacking. I hope to do better tonight. I have to do some yoga tonight – I woke up with a muscle spasm in my back and I’ve been a little miserable all day long.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Karen - Epicurian heaven, indeed! Did Mike cater to you properly last night?

Judy - Hope your hanging in through the food fest that this week is for you.

I did ok yesterday. I used only one of my flex points, so I still have four for today. I managed to stop at 4 oz of steak, though I'm sure I could have polished off the entire 8 oz with no problem, it was that good. Tonight's spaghetti night. I thought I was going to get away without any challenges this weekend, but I found out this morning that we're going out to eat on Sunday to celebrate my BIL's birthday. We're going to Maggianos, which is an Italian restaurant (they have a few in the area) that serves portions that are bigger than any one person could eat in a week. Luckily, I'm sure we'll be doing in family style, so I'll just plan on having a little of this and a little of that, plus some wine, of course.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 06-23-2004, 08:51 AM   #8  

Carla – congratulations on only eating 4 oz of that steak! Sorry to hear that you have a surprise challenge this weekend. I’m sure you’ll do fine with a little of this and a little of that as long as there isn’t a lot of wine ;-)

I did just OK yesterday. We had a fairly low point dinner but I snacked late and so now I have only 3 FP’s and a lot of challenges left. Tonight we are going out to a fabulous Italian restaurant with MB and her husband. I know I’m going to get the penne with broccoli rabes and chicken meatballs – yes, there’s a garlic/oil kind of sauce but the chicken meatballs are lighter than beef and I’m planning on eating only half of it. The key will be not diving into the breadbasket for more than 1 garlic knot. I hope to do a ½ of exercise when I get home before I shower and change so that will help a little. Friday, we are all going out to lunch (I don’t know where). I’m fighting the urge to just say “what the he**, I’m going to be starting SBD next week”. So far I’ve beaten the urge but the upcoming weekend won’t help either. We’re having dinner out with my parents on Saturday and going to Tony’s aunt’s 90th b-day party – at an Italian restaurant, of course! Well, one day at a time and I’ll just do my best.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-23-2004, 09:56 AM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Judy - what fortitude in a week of meals from ****. I think you deserve a hearty pat on the back! I wish they didn't bring out those darn bread baskets. It's hard to do anything about it when you're the only one who doesn't want to see the bread.

Carla - the w/e dinner sounds like a challenge that I'm sure you'll do well with. Try having a snack before you go out so you're not starving at dinner time?

Happy to report a 1 lb loss today. Phase 2 is so far so good. Tonight is a "Mexican Lasagne" that uses whole grain tortillas instead of lasagne noodles. Mike got it all ready last night and it just needs to go in the oven when we're ready to eat. We have lunch and meal prep down to a science now...doesn't take long at all. I'm taking a raspberry almond chicken salad for lunch today. It's been hotter than **** here for the last few days...should be cooler today. I hope so, because I pretty much wilt in hot weather. Anyway, better go do breakfast and get the dogs fed, and then it's time to head out to work.

Have a great day!

Karen
Old 06-23-2004, 10:00 AM   #10  

Hi all.

Judy - Ow, those are a tough few days coming up for you. Hang in there girlfriend and I'll be sending positive vibes your way. I completely understand the urge to say "what the heck", having been there way too many times myself. Keep fighting it, girlfriend. After all, when you start SBD on Monday, you don't want to be two pounds heavier doing it, do you? Even if you end up going over points on a given day, don't give up. Get up the next day knowing that you're going to give it your best shot. Are you still going to weigh in and start your week, in terms of flex points, on Saturday? (You're planning on combining SBD with points, right?) That will at least help with the restaurant meals this weekend. You're right - one day at a time. That's all anyone can do. You'll be fine. By the way, I give you great kudos for being able to stay OP at all on the number of points you get. I have to really readjust my habits, thinking, etc. as my points get lower and I'm really fretting about it. It's easier to accomodate a snacking habit with 30 points a day and all the FPs.

Well, staying OP through those undeserved gains the past couple of weeks has paid off with a 5.2 pound loss today. I have a funny feeling this is a pattern my body is going to repeat and that's ok as long as the weight eventually comes off. At any rate, I'm now firmly below my 10% mark, so I don't think I'll be revisiting it for a third time. Best of all, I'm well ensconced in a new decade now and believe me, I love seeing that new middle number. I don't want to see "5" in the middle position again until it's preceded by a "1". On the downside, I lose two points. Small price to pay, I suppose. What I really have to pay attention to right now are the bites, tastes, and licks. I journal and count them, but they use up far too many points. So cutting those out is a good place to start adjusting my habits. And now I have even more incentive to get back off my butt and start moving - to earn back those two points!

Have a great day.

Carla
279.6/247/145
Old 06-23-2004, 10:04 AM   #11  

Karen - Congrats on your loss! We were posting at the same time. That mexican lasagna sounds good. If you guys like it, would you mind sharing the recipe? Your salad sounds scrumptious too. As much as I'm with you - I wilt in hot weather and would prefer cooler - I'l take some of your warmth. It was sunny, but cool yesterday. I could have used a few more degrees of heat while sitting by the pool during Ana's swim class.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:20 AM   #12  
Canadian, eh?

Carla - what a terrific loss!!!!! That's truly awesome. You're in the decade I mired myself in all spring. I was 236 this morning for the first time this year. It feels good, and I'm able to wear all the stuff I bought last summer that I could hardly cram myself into a month ago. I'm planning to be swimming in it by the end of the summer. As for all the bites, licks, and tastes...could you try chewing gum while you're doing food prep? I've also found it helpful to store tempting stuff in the fridge in opaque containers so I don't get the visual prompt every time I open the fridge door.

Back to the grindstone!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:28 PM   #13  

Karen - Isn't it great to go shopping in your closet and fit into clothes that were too tight? I'm still a bit frustrated because most of my 22s are too snug, while I'm swimming in the 24s, but I know that I'll get into them soon. 236 is great - I hope to be at that number in a couple of months. As for the bites, etc.... it's not really dinner prep that gets me - it's a little of this and a little of that throughout the day. I just have to stay out of the pantry.

And now to get ready to go to the pool. We ended up buying a pool pass on Monday so now I guess I'll have to drag my fat old butt there a few times a week.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:34 PM   #14  

Carla and Karen - Fantastic losses - congratulations to both of you. I have only a few minutes before I start getting dressed to go out tonight, so I hope you don't mind if combine responses. Karen - I wilt in the heat too and it's been amazing to me how well I've done (although I haven't enjoyed it) working in no air conditioning this year. I guess it's just one more thing about doing what I love. Congrats on fitting into the smaller sizes in your closet. Carla - WOW, girl, that's a super loss - I *know* you won't be seeing that middle 5 number again until there is a 1 before it! Thanks for the kudos both of you on my fortitude with this food week from ****. Yes, I am going to keep Saturday as my weigh in day and I am going to still count points. The SBD book came today and I am looking forward to reading it and starting to think about menus and shopping lists for next week. I did a 1/2 hour of a dance video (Zumba) that I borrowed from someone at work and earned an activity point so hopefully that will help tonight. Tony asked me if I would split a salad with him. The salads at this place are huge and not really low point but I figure there are a lot worse things I could have as an appetizer. I'm still planning on eating 1/2 the entree and bringing the rest home. Maybe I'll have it for lunch tomorrow since tomorrow's dinner (at home, thankfully) should be fairly low point.

OK, time to get dressed. Have a great evening!
Judy
Old 06-23-2004, 11:50 PM   #15  
Canadian, eh?

Judy - I hope you enjoyed your evening out! I'm sure you did well.

Carla - I shall pm that recipe to you on the weekend; don't think I'll have time before. The mexican lasagne was very good.

Took the dogs to the beach after dinner and just spent an hour watering the garden...oh, I forgot to brag last week...our garden was featured in a local gardening magazine! Cool, eh?

Off to bed to read for a bit...

Karen
Closed Thread